新世纪大学英语第二册句子翻译

新世纪大学英语第二册句子翻译
新世纪大学英语第二册句子翻译

新世纪大学英语第二册句子翻译

Unit 1

1) The rumor about his divorce is just a ploy to gain publicity for his new film.

离婚的传言不过是为他的新电影炒作的手段而已。

2) He took a gamble on starting a factory with all the money his parents had left him.

他孤注一掷,用父母留给他的所有钱来开一家工厂。

3) After winning the important game they hoisted their captain to their shoulders in shouting triumph.

赢得那场重要的比赛之后,他们把队长抬到肩膀上,欢呼着胜利。

4) In the rush to go for globalization, we should watch out for

collision of cultures.

在全球化热潮中,我们要提防不同文化的冲突。

5) In the circumstances it was not surprising that there was trouble.

在这种情况下,出现麻烦是不足为奇的。

6) The baby is the very picture of health.

这婴儿非常健康。

7) People have realized the dangers of exposing children to violence and sex on TV.

人们已经意识到儿童接触有关暴力和色情电视节目的危害。

8) We always had in mind for whom we were making the film.

我们始终考虑到我们是在为谁制作这部电影。

Unit 2

1) Only those who have lived through a similar experience can fully appreciate this. / The only people who can fully appreciate this are those who have lived through a similar experience.

只有那些有过类似经历的人,才能够完全理解这一点。

2) Scientists have been hard pressed to figure out how these particles form/ are formed and interact (with one another).

科学家们一直没弄明白这些粒子是怎么形成、又是如何相互作用的。

3) Those who have got the hang of Rubik’s Cube (Magic Cube) can return each face to consisting of one colour in no time.

那些掌握了魔方窍门的人能在很短时间内把每一面都恢复成单一颜色。

4) The individual success of the employees in a team environment results in success for the company.

团队环境中员工个人的成功能带来公司的成功。

5) The war, although successful in military terms, left the economy almost in ruins.

这场战争,虽说从军事角度而言是成功的,却令经济几乎崩溃。

6) He decided to channel his energies into something useful, instead of sitting in front of the TV set all day long.

她决定把自己的精力用在有益的事上,而不是整天守在电视机前。

7) There’s a difference between strength and courage. It takes strength to survive. It takes courage to live.

力量与勇气是有区别的。生存需要力量,生活需要勇气。

8) She was by nature a very affectionate person, always ready to give a helping hand to others.

她天生就是个非常温柔亲切的人,总是乐于向别人伸出援助之手。

Unit 3

1)R umour has it that his new book is based on a true story about a family in a small Tennessee town.

听说他的新书是根据发生在田纳西州的一个小镇上一家人的真事写的。

2)H e teaches in a middle school, but he does some translation work on the side to bring in extra cash / money.

他在中学教书,但也兼职做些翻译来赚取外快。

3)I t’s good to be confident (about yourself), but there’s a difference between (self-) confidence and conceit.

自信是件好事,但自信与自负是有区别的。

4)O nly those who stick it out can achieve success. Those who give up halfway will never realize their dreams.

只有坚持到底的人才会成功。半途而废的人永远也无法实现梦想。

5)A true hero possesses / has courage, a noble purpose and a willingness to make sacrifices.

一个真正的英雄有勇气,有高尚的目标,而且乐于助人。

6)A nyone who picks up this novel and reads the first paragraph will be hard pressed to put it down.

任何人只要拿起这本小说读了第一段,就会发现很难把它放下来。

7)I n a sense,life is like swimming; if you keep holding on to the sides of the pool, you (will) never learn.

从某种意义上说,生活就像游泳。如果你总是扶住池边,就永远也学不会。

8)T he future of a nation depends in a large measure upon the quality of education and training.

一个民族的前途在很大程度上取决于其教育与培训的质量。

Unit 4

1) I just can’t figure her out, she’s a mystery to me.

我简直摸不透她,她对我就是个谜。

2) He travelled from one village to another, dropping in on families and listening to their complaints and problems.

他从一个村子来到另一个村子,走家串户,听他们诉苦。

3) Jim always sides with John in an argument.

在辩论中吉姆总是站在约翰一边。

4) Then it dawned on me that they were speaking Spanish.

这时我突然明白过来,他们说的是西班牙语。

5) They have to live with the consequences of their wrong decision.

他们不得不承受他们的错误决定所带来的后果。

6) His words were drowned out by loud cheers from the crowd.

他的话被群众的欢呼声所淹没。

7) I looked at the printed page but the words made no sense.

我看着印满字的书页,但不知上面写些什么。

8) We must awaken people to the need to protect our environment.

我们必须使人们意识到保护环境的必要性。

Unit 5

1) Such a sight always moves me and sets me thinking.

这种情景总是令我感动,让我深思。

2)Stop blaming her-----you’d have done the same thing under similar circumstances.

别怪她了,在类似的情况下,你自己也会这么做的。

3) We should be grateful for what we have instead of taking everything

for granted.

我们应当为自己所拥有的一切而心存感激,而不是对任何事情都漫不经心。

4) He may promise to change, but it’s the same old story of saying one thing and doing another.

他也许会答应改变,但无非又是说一套做一套罢了。

5) I racked my brains about how to break the terrible news to him.

我苦苦思索该怎样把这个可怕的消息告诉他。

6) It will be impossible for me to repay my parents for everything they have done for me.

我将永远无法报答父母为我所做的一切。

7)For now, it remains to me to thank you once more for joining us and wish you good luck in your work.

且让我再次感谢大家的参与,祝你们工作顺利。

8) I said right from the beginning that he would cause us troubles.

我一开始就说过,他会给我们惹麻烦的。

Unit 6

1) We’ve worked together for a long time and have never let our

differing opinions get in the way of our friendship.

我们在一起工作已经很长时间了,从来没有因为意见分歧妨碍到我们之间的友谊。

2) This agreement will pave the way for a lasting peace between the two countries.

这项协议将为两国间的持久和平铺平道路。

3) They usually don’t mention their requirements until you are

beginning to let your defenses down.

他们通常要等你开始放松警惕,才提出他们的要求。

4) You should have the cou rage to face your own mistakes. Don’t try to shift the blame onto others when things go wrong. / … Don’t try to

shift the blame onto other shoulders when things go wrong.

要有勇气面对自己的失误,不要出了问题就想把责任推到别人身上去。

5) If you are more often than not affected by fear and worry, you will find this book very useful.

如果你经常担惊受怕,你会发现这本书很有帮助。

6) Now that I have accepted the position, I shall certainly do to the

best of my ability all that is required of me.

我既然接受了这个职位,就会尽自己所能完成本职工作。

7) If you don’t have a plan of what you will do every day, chances are high that you won’t do much.

如果你每天要做的事情没有计划,你就很可能做不了多少事。

8) Great minds think alike. Your ideas are completely in line with his.

真是英雄所见略同啊。你的想法跟他的完全一样。

Unit 7

1) It is true that no one is perfect, but we can always do better.

诚然,没有人是完美的,但我们总是可以做得更好。

2) Mozart is often referred to as one of the greatest musicians of all time.

莫扎特常被称为有史以来最伟大的音乐家之一。

3) Adversity comes to every one, but the quality of your life may depend in a large measure on how you tap into resources available to handle

that adversity.

人人都会遇到逆境,但你的生活质量在很大程度上取决于你如何利用可用资源

去应对逆境。

4) When writing, you can draw on your personal experience for examples

to help explain your ideas.

写作时,你可以利用亲身经历举例来解释自己的观点。

5) Christmas is a little warmth in the depth of winter and a bright

light in the dark.

圣诞节是严冬中的一丝温暖,黑暗里的一盏灯。

6) Sometimes we do get less when we go for more.

有时,当我们试图得到更多时,收获却越少。

7) It will only make your life worse if you refuse to forgive those who have done you wrong and be determined to repay them in kind.

如果你不愿意原谅那些伤害过你的人,一心想要以其人之道还治其人之身,只会

令你的生活更糟糕。

8) Many farmers claim that the vicious weather this summer has driven them to despair.

许多农场主声称今夏的恶劣天气使他们绝望了。

Unit 8

1) The riots threatened to get out of hand.

暴乱有可能失控。

2) He gave me a look of the sort usually reserved for naughty school children.

他用那种通常专对淘气学童的眼光看了我一眼。

3) A large number of scientists are campaigning on our behalf.

许多科学家正在代表我们奔走游说。

4) I have never laid claim to being an expert in this field.

我从不认为自己是这个领域的专家。

5) It is not enough to act in good faith. We also need to act reasonably.

做事只有好心是不够的,还要理智行事。

6) You may score good marks by burning the midnight oil before the exams, but in the long run you have to study hard every day to achieve academic excellence.

考试前开夜车,你也许能考个好分数,但长远看,平时用功才能真正取得学业成功。

7) Don’t stare at the computer screen for too long. Raise your eyes once in a while and look into the distance.

不要长时间盯着电脑屏幕,每过一阵就要抬眼看看远处。

8) It’s to your advantage to learn from the mistakes of others.

从别人犯的错误中吸取教训是很有益处的。

相关主题
相关文档
最新文档