新编大学英语第三册课后翻译答案

新编大学英语第三册课后翻译答案
新编大学英语第三册课后翻译答案

1)P17: You should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising.

你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼。

2) In general children are healthier and better educated than ever before. 总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育。

3) When the right opportunity comes along, he’ll take it.

待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。

4) Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life. 每天他都留出点时间跟家里人在一起,享受生活。

5) I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father.

我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景。

6) He finally failed to live up to his paren ts’ expectations.

他最终辜负了父母的期望。

7) In contrast, our use of oil has increased enormously.

相比之下,我们的用油量最大幅度上升了

8) He succeeded in his efforts to overcome his fatal weakness.

经过努力,他成功地克服了自己的致命弱点。

P113: 1) Because of an emergency, the doctor will not be available for several hours.

由于紧急情况,这位医生几个小时内都是没有空。

2) How will taxes affect people with low income?

税收将会如何影响低收入的人群?

3) My mother always told me that in the long run I would be glad I didn’t give up practicing the piano.

我母亲总是告诉我,从长远来看我会很高兴我没有放弃练钢琴。

4) These books range in price form $10 to $20.

这些书的价格从10美元到20美元不等。

5) It seems to me that you don’t have much choice.

在我看来你没有什么选择。

6) Given their inexperience, they have done quite a good job.

考虑到他们缺乏经验,这工作他们已做到相当不错了。

7) For such a big house the price is fairly cheap/l ow, but you’ve got to take into consideration the money you will spend on repairs.

对这么一栋大房子来说这价格相当便宜,但你得考虑维修所需的钱。

8) Can we begin with discussing questions/problems arising from the last meeting?

我们能否从讨论上次会议产生的问题开始?

P163 : 1) He underwent a major heart surgery several years ago.

几年前他心脏动了一次大手术。

2) We estimated that it would take a week to finish the work.

我们估计完成这项工作要花一个星期。

3) I used to enjoy photography, but I now have no time to pursue any hobbies. 我过去喜爱摄影,但我现在没有时间从事任何业余爱好了。

4) You may love someone but not necessarily have to marry him.

你可以爱一个人而不一定要跟他结婚。

5) Terrorists resort to violence to achieve their political aims.

恐怖分子采用暴力手段以达到他们的政治目的。

6)He says he’ll stay in the office this afternoon in case you want to see him. 他说他下午会呆在办公室里,以便万一你要见他。

7) Scientists have identified the gene that causes abnormal growth.

科学家已确定了造成畸形发育的基因。

8) These examples demonstrate how badly some students write their resumes. 这些例子显示了有些学生的简历写得这么差。

P216 : 1) Seeing all the people walking to and fro outside the office, I became more worried.

看到所有的人在办公室外面走来走去,我变得更焦急了。

2) In time he will see who is his true friend.

最终他会明白谁是他真正的朋友。

3) That scientist’s experiment gave birth to a new drug.

那位科学家的实验产生了一种新药。

4) He had been shut in by illness during much of the winter.

大半个冬天他都因病被困在屋里。

5 They would practice spoken English at the first opportunity.

他们一有机会就会练习英语口语。

6) Everything she valued might be swept away overnight.

她所珍爱的一切或许会在一夜之间化为乌有。

7) Towards the close of the term, all the students are busy preparing for the finals.

临近学期结束时,同学们都忙着准备考试。

8) It is a very cold winter and we long for it to be over.

这么冷的冬天,我们渴望它快点过去。

P296 : 1)I didn’t realize putting on/staging a play involved so much work. 我没料想到上演一个剧本需要这么多的工作。

2)The most important thing is not what you say but what you do.

最重要的不是你所说的,而是你所做的

3)This is the best result that can be expected in such circumstances.

在这样的情况下,这个结果是所能期待的最好的。

4)It isn’t the first time that you’ve found yourself in such a situation. 你不是第一次处于这种情形。

5)This difficulty challenges my mind to find an answer.

这个困难促使我弄脑筋找出答案。

6)The new threat on the horizon is unemployment.

将要出现的新的威胁是失业。

7)We have alternative ways of expressing the same idea.

我们有不同的方法表达同样的想法。

8)He slipped into the old habit of drinking.

他喝酒的老毛病又犯了。

综合英语第三册课后翻译答案

U1: 1. 他对这次面试中可能提到的问题做好了准备。(confront) He has well prepared answers to the questions that he might confront with in the interview. 2. 他悲惨的遭遇深深打动了我们,使我们几乎哭出声(touch) His sad story touched us so deeply that we nearly cry. 3. 他们俩手挽着手沿着河边散步,有说有笑。(hand in hand) They walked hand in hand along the river, chatting and laughing. 4. 听到这令人激动的消息之后,他眼睛里涌出欢乐的泪水。(well up) Tears of joy welt up in his eyes after hearing this exciting news. 5. 上海人容易听懂苏州话,因为上海话和苏州话有许多共同之处。(in common) The people of SH can understand Suzhou hua easily as they have many things in common. 6. 亨利和妻子正在考虑能不能在3年内买一幢新房子。(look into) Henry and his wife are looking into the possibility of buying a new house. 7. 女儿再三请求到国外去深造,他最终让步了。(give in to) He finally gave in to his daughter repeated request studying abroad. 8. 我们在动身去度假之前把所有的贵重物品都锁好了。(lock away) We have locked all the expensive things away before leaving for the holiday. 9. 虽然咱们分手了,但我希望咱们依然是好朋友,像以前一样互相关心,互相帮助。(part)Although we have parted from each other, I hope we will remain good friends to care and help each other just like we did in the past. 10. 在紧急关头,军长召集全体军官开会,制定新的克敌战略战术。(summon) At that critical moment, the army leader summoned all the officers to work out strategies and tactics to fight with enemies. U3: 1.对不起,我迟到了,我刚才在开会脱不开身。(get away) Sorry, I’m late; I was at a meeting and could not get away. 2. 在音乐会上,歌手唱完每一首美妙动听的歌曲时,观众便高声喝彩表示赞赏。(appreciation)At the concert whenever a singer finished singing a beautiful song, the audiences would burst into loud cheers to show their appreciation. 3. 她是个穿着时髦的人,对饮食很少讲究。(stylish) As a stylish dresser, she always wears stylish clothes, but she seldom cares about what she eats and drinks. 4. 护士告诉我医生奇迹般地治好了你的心脏病。(do wonders for)The nurse told me that the doctor had done wonders for your heart disease. 5. 主席颁奖时赞美获奖者为人类做出了巨大贡献。(compliment) When awarding the prize, the chairman complimented the winner on the great contribution to mankind. 6. 这个问题许多年来使专家们迷惑不解。(bother) These problems have bothered the experts many years. 7. 警察到达后,示威的人群逐渐散开了。(melt away) The crowd of demonstrators melted away when the police arrived.

综英第六册课后翻译参考答案

综英第六册课后翻译参考答案 Unit 1 1.这项计划为智力迟钝者提供长期的照顾。 The program offers long-term care for the mentally retarded. 2.他有一台又粗笨有庞大的旧电脑,速度慢,使用麻烦。 He’s got a cumbersome, bulky, old computer—it’s slow and complicated to use. 3. 他沿着房间后部慢慢移动,尽量不引起别人注意。 He tried not to look conspicuous and moved slowly along the back of the room. 4. 安装一个不同的计算机系统将会导致巨大的变化。 It would cause a tremendous upheaval to install a different computer system. 5. 她再次与金牌失之交臂。 The gold medal continues to elude her. 6. 你真是个傻瓜,竟然没抓住这么好的机会。 You’d be a fool not to embrace an opportunity as good as that. 7.她的薪水将猛增10%。 Her salary will go up by a hefty 10%.

8.我草草的留了张纸条给希拉里,塞在门缝底下。 I scrawled a quick note to Hilary and put it under her door. 9.她的办公室视野极佳。 There’s a smashing view from her office. 10 去那儿旅行很愉快,只是旅馆有些脏兮兮的。 The trip out there was swell, but the hotel was a bit crummy. Unit 2 1.这家公司是由几名有事业心的年轻人创立的。 The company was started by a couple of enterprising young men. 2.他是前重量级冠军,预计会轻松地拿下这场拳击赛。 He’s a former heavyweight champion and is expected to win the bout easily. 3.为写此书,投入了许多小时一丝不苟的前期准备。 Many hours of meticulous preparation have gone into writing the book. 4.她从头到脚穿一身黑。 She was attired from head to foot in black. 5.我节衣缩食整整一年,为的是攒我们去度假的钱。

新编大学英语综合教程3课文翻译

Unit 1 Personality In-Class Reading 羞怯的痛苦 1 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。 2 很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。 3 相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。 4能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。 5 如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感: 6 1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。 7 2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。 8 3.疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。 9 4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。 10 5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。

综合英语 1 课后翻译答案

Unit 1 1.他对这次面试中可能提到的问题作好了准备。(confront) He has prepared answers to the questions that he may confront during the interview. 2.他悲惨的遭遇深深打动了我们,使我们几乎哭出声来。(touch) His sad experience touched us so deeply that we nearly cried. 3.他们俩手挽着手沿着河边散步,有说有笑。(hand in hand) The two of them are walking hand in hand along the riverbank, chatting and laughing. 4.听到这令人激动的消息之后,他眼睛里涌出欢乐的泪水。(well up) When he heard the exciting news, tears of joy welled up in his eyes. 5.上海人容易听懂苏州话,因为上海话和苏州话有许多共同之处。(in common) People from Shanghai can understand Suzhou dialect with ease, for Shanghai dialect and Suzhou dialect have much in common. 6.亨利和妻子正在考虑能不能在3年内买一幢新房子。(look into) Henry and his wife are looking into the possibility of buying a new house within three years. 7.女儿再三请求到国外去深造,他最终让步了。(give in to) He finally gave in to his daughter’s repeated requests to further her education abroad. 8.我们在动身去度假之前把所有的贵重物品都锁好了。(lock away) We locked all our valuables away before we went on holiday. 9.虽然咱们分手了,但我希望咱们依然是好朋友,像以前一样互相关心,互相帮助。(part) Although we have parted from each other, I hope that we will remain good friends and that we will care for and help each other just as we used to. 10.在紧急关头,军长召集全体军官开会,制定新的克敌战略战术。(summon) At the critical moment, the army commander summoned all the officers to work out new strategies and tactics to conquer the enemy. Unit 2 1.一个由外交部长率领的政府代表团昨天抵达南非,开始对该国进行为期3天的友好访问。(head) A government delegation headed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs arrived in South Africa yesterday, starting a three-day friendly visit to the country. 2.看看这些讽刺社会弊端的漫画实在好笑。(awfully funny) It is awfully funny to look at these caricatures which satirize social ills. 3.计算机是最有用的教学工具之一,所有的功课以及所有的问题和答案都可在屏幕上显示出来。(show on a screen) Computers are one of the most useful teaching tools, for all your lessons as well as all the questions and all the answers can be shown on a screen. 4.张利的母亲前天突然病倒,他赶紧派人请来医生。(send for) Zhang Li’s mother fell ill the day before yesterday, so he sent for a doctor immediately.

大学英语精读第三册课后翻译

Unit1 翻译 1) 发言人(spokesman)明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取消(cancel)这次旅行。 The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancel the trip under any circumstances. 2) 杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。 Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary. 3) 随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑(suspicions)是对的。(confirm) The subsequent events confirmed my suspicions once again. 4) 我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。 I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays. 5) 令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长(governor)竟然是个贪官(corrupt official)。 To our surprise, the governor who had often been praised for his honesty turned out to be a corrupt official. 6) 少数工人得到提升(be promoted),与此同时却有数百名工人被解雇。 A few workers were promoted, but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed. 7) 如果有机会,约翰也许已成为一位杰出的画家了。(given) Given the chance, John might have become an outstanding painter. 8) 数小时后,有人看见那个男孩在林子里瞎转。 Several hours later, the boy was found wandering around in the woods. Unit2 翻译 迅速方便地获得信息是很重要,但学会以新的方式看信息甚至更为重要。医学上一次重大突破也许能说明这一观点。科学家本想寻找一种治天花的特效药,但他们没有成功。英国医生爱德华·詹纳放弃寻找特效药,而是通过找到一种

综英3课后翻译答案说课讲解

综英3课后翻译答案

综英3课后答案 Unit 1 Fresh start Vocabulary. 1. Explain the underlined part in each sentence in your own words. (1) I had just the feeling of a newcomer to college without the strength only an experienced student might possess. (2) My apparent confidence. (3) Some food to appease my hunger. (4) Going with the tide of the majority was no longer crucial to your success. (5) Foolish and glaring mistakes. 2. Fill in the blank in each sentence with a word taken from the box in the proper form. (1) distress; (2) clutched; (3) pose; (4) sneaked; (5) preoccupation; (6) shackles; (7) curse; (8) deliberation. 3. Fill in the blanks with the appropriate forms of the given words. (1) assure; (2) discretion; (3) relaxation; (4) humiliation; (5) strategy; (6) embarrassment; (7) maneuverable; (8) immaturity. 4. Fill in the blank in each sentence with an appropriate phrasal verb or collocation taken from the text. (1) lived up to; (2) headed for; (3) seek out; (4) has broken out; (5)grope for; (6) trying …on; (7) go out to; (8) tipped off. 5. Give a synonym or an antonym of the word underlined in each sentence in the sense it is used. (1) vague (indistinct); (2) inconspicuously (unobtrusively); (3) self-restraint (self-control); (4) clever (intelligent,sensible); (5) manner (behavior); (6) excited (agitated); (7) sneak; (8) mature (sophisticated). 6. Explain the underlined phrasal verbs in your own words. (1) became popular; (2) respect;(3) keep up; (4) lead to; (5)understand; (6) found; (7) use; (8) start Grammer. 1. combine each nominal clause in Column A with … 1~ 4 CDBF 5~8 AEHG 2. Rewrite the following sentences… (1) My decision to resign was wise. (2) Their readiness to accept the peace agreement really surprised the diplomatic world.

新编大学英语3课后翻译答案

新编大学英语3课后翻译 1)你应该适当花一点时间休息和锻炼。You should spend a reasonable amount of time relaxing and exercising. 2) 总的来说,孩子们比过去任何时候都更健康,受到了更好的教育。In general, children are healthier and better educated than ever before. 3) 待适当的机会来临,他就能抓住。When the right opportunity co mes along, he’ll take it. 4) 每天他都留出点时间跟家人在一起,享受生活。Every day he sets aside some time to be with his family and enjoy life. 5) 我记得那些黑暗的街道以及同父亲手拉手走路的情景。I remember those dark streets and walking hand in hand with my father. 6) 他最终辜负了父母的期望。He finally failed to live up to his parents’ expectations. Unit 2 1) She wore a dress __with a pattern of rose有玫瑰图案) on it. 2) Helen had _prepared a wonderful/good meal for us (为我们准备了一顿丰盛的饭菜). 3) Ann ___promised faithfully (信誓旦旦地保证) that she would never tell.

全新版大学英语综合教程课后翻译答案

1.该公司否认其捐款有商业目的。 2.The company denied that its donations had a commercial purpose. 3.每当她生气的时候,他说话就有一点结巴。 4.Whenever he was angry, he would begin to stammer slightly. 5.教育是我们家庭最看重的传统,这就是为什么我父母从不带我到昂贵的饭店吃饭,却送我到最 好的私立学校上学。 https://www.360docs.net/doc/009431415.html,cation is the most cherished tradition in our family. That’s why my parents never took me to dinner at expensive restaurants, but sent me to the best private school. 7. 8.another 9. 些由他自己造成的痛苦经历 20.I find it ironic that Tom has a selective memory --- he does not seem to remember painful experiences in the past, particularly those of his own doing. 21.背离传统需要极大勇气 22.It takes an enormous amount of courage to make a departure from the tradition. 23.汤姆过去很腼腆,但这次却非常勇敢能在大庭广众面前上台表演了 24.Tom used to be very shy, but this time he was bold enough to give a performance in front of a large audience. 25.很多教育家认为从小培养孩子的创新精神是可取的

大学英语新视野读写教程第三册课后翻译答案

1.你认为一个人要做些什么才能成为一个幸福的人? What do you think one can do to be a happy person? 2. 自从她去年离开上海去重新过她的农村生活后,我的心里一直很失落。Since she left Shanghai and resumed her life in the country last year, a void has found its way into my heart. 3. 我甚至没想过他会中头奖。 It didn't even cross my mind that he would win the first prize. 4. 我是在大城市长大的,忙忙碌碌的生活对我不再新鲜了。 I grew up in a big city, so the rat race is no longer new to me. 6. 教书是一个重要的职业——一个令人神往的职业,充满挑战和激情。Teaching is an important profession—a fascinating one, filled with challenges and excitement. 7. 如果这位科学伟人还活着的话,毫无疑问他会扩充他的定义,把最新的研究成果If the great scientist were still alive today, he would no doubt expand his definition to include the latest research findings. 8. 解决国与国之间争端的最好的办法是通过联合国。The best way to solve disputes between countries is through the United Nations. 9. 大工厂生产的产品正在替代小工场生产的产品。 Goods produced by big factories are taking the place of the goods produced by small workshops. 10. 这事件可能产生的后果应予以认真考虑。 The likely consequences of the incident need to be reflected on/upon. 11. 他差点解决了这个问题。He was within an inch of solving the problem. 12. 假如你要把财产转让给他人,须使他成为合法产权人 If you want to transfer your property to someone, you should first make him the legal owner of it. 13. 自从公司迁到这个地区以来,已有数十台电脑被盗,公司决定采取措施制止盗窃。More than ten computers have been stolen since the company moved to this area, so the company decided to take action to stop it. 14. 形势要求政府立即作出反应,否则,重大损失将不可避免。

综英精读3课后翻译答案

Unit 1 1.He is so devoted to his research that it never occurs to him that he will soon have to retire. 2.Many people have observed that, without effective checks, we all have a tendency to abuse our power. 3.Some countries refuse to get involved in this dispute and they resent any foreign interference. 4.The control of sand storms will involve a tremendous amount of work and money. 5.You have to take the local conditions into consideration when you apply these technologies. 6.All applicants will have to fill out these forms and mail in an application fee of 50 dollars. 7.Based on his careful observation of children’s behavior, he came to the conclusion that learning is a natural pleasure. 8.In a country of many nationalities, ethnic harmony requires very careful handling. 9.The government is determined to punish all the corrupt officials involved. 10.C heating at/on exams does not occur very often. But when it does, the school takes a very tough position. Unit 3

新编大学英语3读写译课文翻译

Unit 1 Personality 羞怯的痛苦 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感:1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。3.内疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。6.接受批评时要缜密思考。不要把批评理解为人身攻击。例如,如果一位朋友抱怨你的烹饪技术,要把这当成对你的烹饪技术而不是对你本人的评价而接受下来。放心,你们还是好朋友,但你的烹饪技术也许确实有待改进。7.记住,每个人都会经历一些失败和挫折。要把它们作为增长见识的经历,从中受益。挫折往往会成为转机,随之而来的将是一段美妙绝伦的经历。例如,你可能被你所中意的大学拒之门外。然而,在你就读的大学里,你可能发现这里教育的某一特点比你料想的好得多。8.有些人会使你感到自己无能,不要和这种人交往。去设法改变他们对你的态度或者改变你对自己的态度,要不就脱离这种关系。伤害你的人并不关心你的最大利益。9.留出时间休息,享受自己的业余爱好,并且定期地重新审定自己的目标。为此所花费的时间有助于更好地了解你自己。10.多在社交场合中锻炼。不要把自己同他人隔离开来。设法一次结识一位朋友;最终你将能够娴熟而自信地在众人中周旋。我们每个人都是独一无二、难能可贵的个体。我们自有吸引人的地方。我们对自己了解得越多,就越容易充分发挥自己的潜力。不要让羞怯成为阻碍我们拥有丰富和成功生活的绊脚石。 Unit3 Social Problems

综合英语3课后翻译答案解析

Unit 1 1. 听到他屡遭失败的消息,我感到很难过。(distress) It distressed me a great deal to hear the news that he had suffered repeated failures. 2. 他虽然失去了老板的欢心,但仍然装出了一副高兴的样子。(assume) He assumed an air of cheerfulness even though he lost favor with his boss. 3. 格列佛经历了冒险奇遇,见到了各色奇异的人物。(assortment) Gulliver met with extraordinary adventures and witnessed an assortment of strange people. 4. 如果你再犯同样的错误,他会很生你气的。(furious) He will be furious with you if you repeat the same mistake. 5. 我们都被他坦率的观点、幽默的语言和亲切的态度所深深吸引。(draw) We were all greatly drawn by his frank views, humorous words and genial manner. 6. 等到欢呼的掌声平息下来,那位诺贝尔奖获得者开始演讲。(die down) The Nobel Prize winner began his speech after cheers and applause died down. 7. 他天生有一种特别的洞察力和预见力,因此,他很少随大流。(run with the crowd) He is gifted with a special sort of insight and foresight, so he rarely runs with the crowd. 8. 我发现现实毕竟是非常严酷的,一个人难以完全按照自己的理想去生活。(live up to) I feel realities are after all very harsh, so one can hardly live up entirely to his ideals. Unit 2 1. 我的顶头上司是典型的工作狂,一年365天每天工作10小时以上。(workaholic) My direct superior is a typical workaholic, for he works for over ten hours each day all the year round. 2. 校长十分注重课外活动,他认为课外活动有助于培养学生对于外部世界的浓厚兴趣。(extracurricular) The principal attaches much importance to extracurricular activities and he believes that they will help to cultivate students’ tremendous interest in the external world.

21世纪大学生英语第三册课后翻译

21世纪大学英语读写教程(第三册)课后句子翻译答案(Unit 1~7) Unit 1 l汤姆去年转来我校,他全神贯注地听杨小姐上课并很快成了她最喜欢的学生。Tom (was) transferred to our school last year. He hung no Miss Y oung’s every word in class and soon became the apple of her eye. 2看到女儿高中毕业,他感到一阵难以弄语言表达的爱和骄傲。 Seeing his daughter graduate from high school, he felt a surge of love and pride that he couldn’t express in words. 3当李先生去年开始涉足股市时,他做梦也没想到会变成百万富翁。 Last year when Mr. Li first began his venture into the stock market, becoming a millionaire was beyond his wildest dreams. 4在休假日,我有幸看到一些野生海豹在吃鱼。我拍了几张照片,可惜焦点都没对准。 On my holiday, I was lucky enough to witness some wild seals feeding no fish. I took several photos of them, but unfortunately they were all out of focus. 5王子跟那位女演员保持确定的情侣关系已三年。没有任何东西能改变他们在下周结婚的决定。 The prince has been going steady with the actress for three years and nothing can alter their plan to get married next week. 6因为穷人连饭都吃不饱便认为他们不需要义务教育的看法完全是一种错误的想法。没有教育人们怎能克服贫穷? It is a complete misconception that the poor do not need compulsory education because they do not even have enough to feed on. Without education, how can people ever overcome their poverty? 7大卫所有的同班同学都困惑不解——没有人想得出他怎么突然变成了优等生。All of David’s classmates are completely stumped—no one can work out how he became a top student overnight.

新编大学英语3课文翻译及课后习题答案.doc

Unit 1 Personality羞怯的痛苦 对许多人来说,羞怯是很多不愉快的起因。各种各样的人——矮的、高的、愚笨的、聪明的、年轻的、年老的、瘦的、胖的——都说自己是羞怯的。羞怯的人会焦虑不安,感到不自然;也就是说,他们过分地关注自己的外表和举止。脑海中不断盘旋着一些使自己不安的想法:我给人留下的是什么印象?他们喜欢我吗?我讲话是不是傻里傻气?我长得难看。我穿的衣服毫不引人注目。很显然这种不安的感觉会对人产生不利的影响。一个人的自我看法反映在自己的行为方式之中,而一个人的行为方式又影响他人的反应。通常,人们如何看待自己对他们生活的各个方面都会产生深刻的影响。例如,具有积极的自我价值观或很强自尊心的人往往表现出自信。而由于自信,他们不需要他人不断地称赞和鼓励,也能使自己感觉良好。自信者热情、自发地投入生活。他们不因别人认为他们“该”做什么而受到影响。有很强自尊心的人不会被批评所伤害;他们不会把批评看作是人身攻击。相反,他们认为批评是一种提醒他们改进的建议。相比之下,羞怯的人自尊心较弱,往往消极被动并且容易受他人影响。他们(是否)在做“该做的事情”需要得到别人的肯定。害羞的人对批评非常敏感;他们觉得批评正好证实了他们比别人差。他们也很难因别人的赞美而高兴,因为他们相信自己不值得称赞。羞怯的人也许会用这样的话来回答别人的赞美之辞:“你这么说只是为了让我感觉好一些。我知道这不是真的。”显然,尽管自我意识是一种健康的品质,过分的自我意识却是不利和有害的。能否彻底消除或者至少减轻羞怯感呢?幸运的是,人们能够通过坚持不懈的努力建立自信从而克服羞怯。由于胆怯和缺少自尊是密切相关的,因此正视自己的弱点和正视自己的优点一样重要。例如,大多数人希望每门功课都得A。如果仅仅因为在某些领域有困难,就把自己列为差生,这不恰如其分。人们对自己的期望必须现实。老是想那些不可能的事情会令自己觉得无能,甚至产生嫉妒。当我们嫉妒比自己成绩好的学生时,我们正在自我否定。如果你害羞,这里有些具体有效的步骤帮助你树立信心并克服羞怯感:1.认清自己的优缺点。每个人既有优点又有缺点。随着对自我的不断认同,羞怯感就会自然减弱。2.确定合理的目标。例如,在聚会时和一群陌生人在一起,你也许会怯场。不要以为你必须和每个人交谈。集中精力,仅和一两个人交谈,你会感到更自在些。3.内疚和羞耻感是消极的情感。不要把时间和精力浪费在这上头。假设你伤害了某人的感情,(光)感到羞愧是无济于事的。相反,应该承认你犯了个错误,并决心在将来更加善解人意。4.所有问题都有许多种解决办法。很少有完全正确或完全错误的意见。要敢于公开表达自己的观点。5.不要对自己做消极的评论。这是一种自我否定。千万别把自己描述为愚蠢的、丑陋的,或者一个失败者。注重自己积极的方面。6.接受批评时要缜密思考。不要把批评理解为人身攻击。例如,如果一位朋友抱怨你的烹饪技术,要把这当成对你的烹饪技术而不是对你本人的评价而接受下来。放心,你们还是好朋友,但你的烹饪技术也许确实有待改进。7.记住,每个人都会经历一些失败和挫折。要把它们作为增长见识的经历,从中受益。挫折往往会成为转机,随之而来的将是一段美妙绝伦的经历。例如,你可能被你所中意的大学拒之门外。然而,

相关文档
最新文档