1. We’re 23 feet above sea level.
2. The house has been here since 1915, andno hurricane has ever caused any damage to it.
3. We can make the necessary preparations and survive the hurricane without much damage.
4. Water got into the generator and put it out. It stopped producing electricity, so the lights also went out.
5. Everybody goes out through the back door and runs to the cars!
6. The electrical systems in the car (the battery for the starter) had been put out by water.
7. As John watched the water inch its way up the steps, he felt a strong sense of guilt because he blamed himself for endangering the whole family by deciding not to flee inland.
8. Oh God, please help us to get through this storm safely
9. Grandmother Koshak sang a few words alone and then her voice gradually grew dimmer and finally stopped.
10. Janis displayed the fear caused by the hurricanerather late.
1. 每架飞机起飞之前必须经过严格的检查。（check out）
Each and every airplane must be checked out thoroughly before taking off.
2. 居民坚决反对在附近建立垃圾焚烧厂，因为他们担心工厂排放的气体会污染周围的空气。（waste incineration plant, concerned about ）
The residents were firmly against the construction of a waste incineration plant in their neighborhood because they were deeply concerned about the air pollution emitted by the plant.
3. 在这个地区，生态工程的投资额高达数十亿。（mount to ）
In this area, investment in ecological projects mounted up to billions of yuan.
4. 干枯的河道里布满了大大小小的石块。（ strewn with ）
The dry riverbed was strewn with rocks of all sizes.
5. 虽然战争给这个国家造成巨大的损失，但当地的文化传统并没有消亡。（perish ） Although war caused great losses to this country, its local cultural traditions did not perish.
6. 为了建筑现代化的高楼大厦，许多古老的、具有民族特色的建筑都被拆毁了。 （demolish）
To make space for modern high rises, a lot of ancient buildings with ethnic cultural features had to be demolished.
The main structures of most of the poor-quality houses disintegrated in the earthquake.
- flash cs5中文版基础教程
- 新视野大学英语第三版U1 SectionA
- K-810A 光电隔离模入接口卡 使用说明书
- 2010 SCI影响因子
- 主题班会：迎接新年 总结过去 展望未来
- 工程材料学 第03章 结晶相图