外研社英语九年级下册：Unit 4 Rules and suggestions 习题5
Unit 4 Rules and suggestions 习题
1. Any helpful s________ would be welcome.
2. Are you all c_________ now about what you have to do?
3. The r______ of the game are quite simple.
4. She is a tour guide, so she always 1________ the way while visiting the Science Museum.
5. It’s one o’clock now. You must be s_______! Could I get you something to eat?
1. ----May I swim in the lake, Dad?
---No, you _______. Look! Here is a notice “No swimming!”
A. may not
2. ----Could I borrow your dictionary?
---Of course you ______.
3. ---I can't stop smoking, doctor.
---For your health, I'm afraid you _____.
C. have to
4. ---Is there a table for 4, please?
---______, please. Is the one near the backdoor, OK?
A. Take your time
B. This way
C. You are welcome
5. Go ______ the bridge. You'll find the library on the left.
[should, shouldn't, can, can't, have to, needn't, might, may must mustn't]
1. As students, we ______ obey the school rules.
2. Put on warm clothes. You _______ feel cold later on.
3. I missed the bus, so I ______ take a taxi.
4. I think children ______ really learn to respect their elders.
5.---Let’s go to the concert together.
---Sorry, I _____. I ______ go to a meeting
6. Children _______ play near the street. It's dangerous.
7. ---Must I return the book tomorrow morning?
---No, you _______. You _______ keep it for three days.
8. ---May I try on the jeans?
---Yes, you ______.
_______ ______ ! I have something important to tell you.
_______ _______ the path ----you will get there on time.
If you ______ ______ ______, we’ll follow.
Did you notice when she _______ _______?
As a student, it’s very important to finish our homework ______ ______ _______.
There will be a science report in Dongfang Huge Plays Theatre on Sunday morning. Here is a notice to the audience.
Notice to the audience
Please bring your ticket. If you don’t have your ticket, you can’t go into the hall.
Don’t run or shout in the hall. If you do, you’ll have to leave.
Don’t wear slippers. If you do, the workers won’t let you in.
Keep your mobile phone off. If you don’t, you will bother others.
Please don’t bring your under 12-year-old children here.
If they come, I they won’t understand the report.
Keep the hall clean. Don’t throw your rubbish around. Or
the hall will be dirty.
Don’t bring any food into the hall. If you do, the workers
will take it away.
A: Are you free tomorrow?
B: Yes. Why?
A: Are you going to listen to ____1____?
A: ___2____ I have two tickets. Would you like to go with me?
B: Great, I'd love to. But I have to take my little nephew there.
B: What will happen____4____?
A: He can't understand the report. He can't keep quiet.
B: Yes, you are right. Let's bring some food.
A: Oh, we can’t do that. If we bring some food, ____5____.
B: Oh, I see.
I. 1. suggestion 2. clear 3. rules 4. leads 5. starving II. 1. C 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. B
III. 1. must 2. might/may 3. had to 4. should 5. can't; have to 6. mustn't 7. needn't; can 8. can
IV. 1. Listen up 2. Keep to 3. lead the way 4. went off 5. on our own
V. 1. a science report 2. In Dongfang Huge Plays Theatre. 3. Sorry, I'm afraid you can't take him. 4. if I take him there 5. the workers will take it away
VI. 1. A 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. A