美国口语俚语二

美国口语俚语二
美国口语俚语二

美国口语俚语(二)

1. Ed loves to give his sister a hard, just to make her mad. 埃德爱和他姐姐过不去,故意惹她生气。

2. goner无可救药的人

Mark’s a goner. He didn’t finish his chores before going out.麦克镇事无药可救,他日常工作没做完就出去了。

3. make a killing大有所获

He made a killing on that deal. I wish I had bought some shares. 那笔生意他大有所获。真希望我当初也加入了。

4. no sweat不麻烦,没问题

No sweat. I’ll have he report done for you in an hour.

没问题。我会在一小时之内让认为你做出这份报告。

5. pissed off生气

I really pissed off at Harry. He took the credit for all my work. 我对哈利真的很生气。我拼命工作他却坐享其成。

美国口语俚语(32)

1. on the up and up光明正大,诚实无欺

I checked out his story, he’s on the up and up.

我核实过他所讲的事情,他诚实可靠。

2. uppity自命不凡

Don’t be so uppity. You don’t think we’re good enough for

you?

不要那么自以为了不起。你难道认为我们配不上你吗?

3. up shit creek惨兮兮

If Mom catches you smoking in the ho use, you’ll be up shit creek.如果你在家里抽烟让妈妈逮到,你就惨了。

4. push comes to shove事态严重

When push comes to shove, only your true friends will still stand by you.

当事态严重时,只有真正的朋友还会支持你。

5. push someone’s button惹火某人,激怒某人

Nobody makes me as mad as Dave does. He really knows how to push my buttons.

没有人象戴夫那样惹我生气。他真知道怎样惹我发火。

1. all wet错误的

I’m afraid your idea is all wet.

我想你的想法是完全不对的。

2. back off缓和,软化,减轻

The city council had to back off from its criticism of the utility department.

市议会必须建勤对公用事业部门的批评。

3. as … as all get out …极了

Mother is as mad as all get out.

母亲气疯了。

4. bent out of shape气坏了,大发雷霆

Mother is really bent out of shape because we came home so late last night.

因为我们昨天回去那么晚,所以母亲大发雷霆。

5. bar one只此一家,别无分号

This is the best ice cream anywhere in the state of Texas, bar one.

这是德克萨斯州最好的冰淇淋,别无分号。

1. butter up对…说好话

Maybe if we butter up mother, she’ll let us go to the movies.如果我们对妈说点好听的,也许她会让我们去看电影。

2. butt in插嘴,打岔

Amy loves to butt in and offer her advice even when it’s not wanted.

不管时机对不对,爱米都喜欢插嘴提供意见。

3. button one’s lip住口;闭嘴

Tell Cindy to button her lip or else she’ll be in big trouble.告诉辛迪闭嘴,否则她就惨了。

4. buy time拖延时间

I think we should try to buy more time.

我想我们应该设法拖延时间。

5. chew someone out责骂某人;谴责某人

Follow the rules and you won’t get chewed out.

遵守规定你就不会挨骂。

1. cheap shot下流手段

The candidates ended up taking cheap shots at each other during the debate.

辩论中,候选人最后都用下流手段攻击对方。

2. on cloud line飘飘然(原以为在九重天上)

Daphne was on cloud nine for days after Chip asked her to the prom.

棋谱邀请戴夫妮参加学校班级舞会,她兴奋了好几天。

3. cough it up(不情愿地)付钱

Cough it up. I know you have the twenty dollars.

付钱吧。我知道你有这二十美金的。

4. corny陈词滥调,毫无新意

Fred’s jokes are always so corny.

弗雷德的笑话总是如此毫无新意。

5. on the dot准时

He arrives on the dot. I was sure he’d be late.

他准时到了。我本以为他会迟到的。

1. fall for上当

We played a trick on him and he fell for it.

我们捉弄他,他上当了。

2. fiddle around玩弄

Don’t fiddle around with the television set. You’ll end up breaking it.

不要玩电视机。你会弄坏的。

3. half-baked肤浅的,半吊子

How do you come up with all these half-baked ideas? You should think them out more carefully.

你怎么会想出这些肤浅的主意的?你应该仔细的考虑考虑。

4. goof up犯错,出岔子

Don’t goof up. This project is too important.

别出岔子。这个计划太重要了。

5. play dirty用诈术

The only way that Dan knows how to win is to play dirty. I’m going to vote for Brian instead.

丹只会用诈术来赢。我要投布莱恩一票。

1. potluck聚餐(各家带一道菜的聚餐方式)

We’re having a potluck Friday night, so bring a dish to pass.星期五晚上我们要聚餐,带一道菜来参加吧!

2. play games捣鬼

Don’t play games with me, Jane. I’m on to your tricks and manipulations.

简,别跟我捣鬼。我对你的诡计呵手段一清二楚。

3. raw deal卑鄙的行为

What a raw deal! I deserve the promotion more than he does. 卑鄙!我比他更应该升职。

4. stay out of不介入

I’m going to stay out of their argument.

我不打算介入他们的争执。

5. walk out on丢开不管

You can’t walk out on me. I really need your help.

你不能丢下我不管。我真的需要你的帮助。

美国口语俚语(38)

1. off-the-wall古怪的,离奇的

He said some really off –the-wall things. Where does he come up with them?

他说了一些非常离奇的事。他从那里听来的?

2. on the right track走对路了

If you learn ten new sentences every day, you are on the right track to speaking fluent English.

如果你每天坚持学是个句子,就有希望流利的说英语了。

3. on a roll顺利;手气、运气好

Don’t stop me now. I’m on a roll.

现在别叫我停,我手气正好。

4. funky蛮特别的

We listened to some funky music.

我们听了一些蛮特别的音乐。

5. phony假的

That cupboard does not open, it’s a phony. It’s there for decoration.

那个柜子打不开,是假的。那是装饰用的。

相关主题
相关文档
最新文档