八下英语第四单元课文翻译

第四单元

1a部分翻译

Look at these problems. Do you think they are serious or not? Write themin the appropriate box. 看这些问题。你认为它们是严重的还是不严重的?把它们写在适当的方格里。

1.I have to study too much so I don't get enough sleep.

我不得不用功学习,因此我得不到足够的睡眠。

2.I have too much homework so I don't have

我有太多的作业,因此我没有空闲时间做我喜欢的事。

any free time to do things I like.

3.My parents don't allow me_ to hang out with my friends.

我父母不允许我和朋友们一起出去闲逛。

4. I have too many after-school classes.

我有太多的课外辅导班。

5. I got into a fight with my best friend.

我和我最好的朋友打架了。

Serious严重的

Not Serious不严重的

1b部分翻译

Listen and the problems you hear in la.

听录音,把1a中你听到的问题圈出来。

1c部分翻译

Lookat the problemsiII la and make convelrsations.

看la中的问题,编对话。

A:What's wrong?

怎么了?

B:I'm reafly tired because I studied until midnight last night.

我真的很累,因为我昨晚学习到半夜。

A:Why don't you go to sleep earlier this evening?

为什么今晚你不早点儿去睡呢?

2a部分翻译

Listen.Peter's friend is gjving him advice. Fill in the blanks with could or should.

听录音。彼得的朋友在给他提建议。用could或should填空。

Advice

1. You____write him a letter. ( )

2. You____call him up. ( )

3. You____talk to him so that you can say you're sorry. ( )

4. You____go to his house. ( )

5. You____take him to the ball game. ( )

建议

你可以给他写封信。( )

你应该给他打个。( )

你应该和他谈谈,以便你可以说声抱歉。( )

你可以去他家。( )

你可以带他去看球赛。( )

2b部分翻译

Listen again* Why doesn't Peter like his friend's advice? Write the letters( a-e) next to the advice2a

to the adviCein 2a.

再听一遍录音。彼得为什么不喜欢他朋友的建议?在2a建议的旁边写上字母(a~e)。

Why Peter doesn't like the advice

彼得为什么不喜欢这些建议

a.It's not easy.

那不容易。

b.I don't want to wait that long.

我不想等那么长时间。

c.I don't want to surprise him

我不想让他惊讶。

d.I'm not good at writing letters.

我不擅长写信。

e.I don't want to talk about it on the phone.

我不想在里谈论这件事。

2c部分翻译

Role-play a conversation between Peter and his friend.

分角色表演彼得和他朋友之间的对话。

A:What's the matt,Peter?

彼得,怎么了?

B:I had a fight with my best friend.What should I do?

我和我最好的朋友打架了。我该怎么办?

A:Well,you should call hm so that you can say you're sorry.

哦,你应当给他打个,以便可以说声抱歉。

2d部分翻译

Role-play the conversation.

分角色表演对话。

Dave:You look sad,Kim.What's wrong?

戴夫:金,你看上去很难过。怎么了?

Kim:Well,I found my sister looking through my things yesterday.She took some of my new magazines and CDs.

金:哦,昨天我发现我妹妹在翻阅我的东西。她拿了我的几本新杂志和几光盘。

Dave:Hmm...that's not very nice. Did she give them back to you?

戴夫:嗯……那可不太好。她把它们还给你了吗?

Kim: Yes,but I'm still angry with her.What should I do'?

金:是的,但我还是生她的气。我该怎么办?

Dave:Well,I guess you could tell her to say sorry.But why don't you forget about it so that you can be friends again? Although she's wrong,it's not a big deal.

戴夫:哦,我≮你可以要她道歉。但你为什么不忘掉这件事,这样你们就又可以做朋友了?尽管她不对,但这也不是什么大不了的事。

Kim:You,re right. Thanks for your advice.

金:你说得对。你的建议。

Dave:No problem. Hope things work out.

戴夫:没事。希望事情会好起来。

3a部分翻译

Look at this letter to a magazine and the reply from Robert Hunt,a school counselor. Complete the chart.

看这封寄给一家杂志社的信和一个学校顾问罗伯特·亨特的回复。完成表格。

Dear Mr.Hunt,

亲爱的亨特先生:

My problem is that I can't get on with my family.Ralations between my parents have become difficult.They fight a lot,and I really don't like it.It's the only communication they have.I don't know if I should say anything to them about this.When they argue, it's like a big, black cloud hanging over our home.Also,my elder brother is not very nice to me.He always refuses to 'let me watch my favorite TV show.Instead he watches he wants until late at night.I don't think this is fair. At home I always feel lonely and nervous ,is that normal? What can I do?

Sad and Thirteen 伤心13

我的问题是我不能和我的家人和睦相处。我父母之间的关系已经变得很不好了。他们经常吵架,我真的不喜欢这样。而这是他们拥有的唯一的沟通(方式)。我不知道我是否应该就这件事对他们说点儿仟么。当他们争吵的时候,我就感觉有一团乌。笼罩在我们家的上空。还有,我哥哥对我也不是很好。他总是拒绝让我看我最喜欢的电视节目。相反,晚上他却可以看他想看的任何节目,一直看到很晚。我认为这不公平。在家里我总是觉得孤独和焦虑。这正常吗?我能做什么?

Dear Sad and Thirteen,

亲爱的伤心13:

It's not easy being your age,and it's normal to have these feelings. Why don't you talk about these feelings with your family? If your.parents are having problems,you should offer to help! Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication.Secondiy ,why don't you sit downand communication. with your brother?You should explain that you don't mind him watching TV all the time. However,he should let you watch your favorite show.I hope things will be'better for you soon.

在你这个年龄是不容易的,有这些感受是正常的。你为什么不和你的家人谈谈这些感受呢?如果你的父母遇到问题,你应该主动提供帮助。或许你可以在家里多做些事情,以便他们有更多的时间进行适当的交流。其次,你为什么不坐下来和你的哥哥沟通呢?你应该向他说明你不介意他总是看电视。但是,他应当让你看你最喜欢的节目。我希望你的一切会很快好起来。

Robert Hunt

岁伯特·亨特

3b部分翻译

Do you agree or disagree with Mr. Hunt'sadvice Why?

同意还是不同意亨特先生的建议?为什么?

I agree/disagree with his advice because...

我同意/不同意他的建议,因为……

3c部分翻译

Which words or phrases in the letters have the same or.similar meaning's as the following? Write a sentence using each word or phrase.

信里的哪些单词或短语与下面的(单词或短语)有相同或相近的意思?用每个单词或短语写个句子。

make sth.clear一一explain

使某事清楚易懂——解释

Can you explain to me how to do this math problem?

你能向我解释一下怎么做这道数学题吗?

taik-____ ____

谈话一____ ____

not allow- ____ ____

不允许一____ ____

worried-____ ____

焦急的一____ ____

get along with-____ ____

和睦相处一____ ____

4a部分翻译

FlliIlffie blanks with although,so that or rmtil.

用although,so that或until填空。

1.A:What's wrong?

怎么了?

B:My sister borrows my clothes without asking. What should I do?

我妹妹没问我就借走我的衣服。我该怎么办?

A:Well,you coul.d tell her that this makes you angry____she'll ask you next time哦,你可以告诉她这使你很生气,以便下次她会问你。

2.A:I don't have any friends at my new school. What should I do?

在新学校我没有朋友。我该怎么办?

B.____you don't have any now,you will soon make some.

虽然你现在没有朋友,但你很快就会交些朋友的。

3.A:I'm worried about my school grades.What's your advice?

我担心我的学习成绩。你的建议是什么?

B: You shouldn't wait____the last minute to study for a test.

你不应该等到最后一分钟才为考试而学习。

4.A:Mike is my best friend,but he alwaysmy homework.What should I do?

迈克是我最好的朋友,但他总是抄我的作业。我该怎么办?

B:____he's your best friend,you should still tell him that copying othersi homework is wrong. 尽管他是你最好的朋友,但你还是应该告诉他抄别人的作业是不对的。

4b部分翻译

Write one piece of advice for each problem.Then compalre your advice with your partner's and decide whether the advice is good or bad.

给每个问题写一条建议。然后把你的建议和同伴的建议比较一下,并判断这个建议是好还是坏。

1.I'm very shy.

我很腼腆。

Advice:____

建议:

2:My sister and I fight all the time.

我和我妹妹总是吵架。

Advice:____

建议:

3.My sister spends all evening on the phone.

我妹妹整晚打。

Advlice:____

建议:

4.My cousin borrows my things without returning them.

我表弟借我的东西不归还。

Advice:____

建议:

5.My parents won't let me have a pet.

我父母不让我养宠物。

Advice:____

建议:

4c部分翻译

Choose one of the problems and ask your classmates for advice Decide which classmate has the best advice.

选择其中一个问题,向你的同班同学征求建议。判断哪个同学有最好的建议。

Unit4 SectionB 1部分课文翻译

1a部分翻译

What actMties do you like to do to help lower your stress? Order them [1-8] with l being the most favorite thing you do to lower stress.

你喜欢做什么活动来帮助减轻你的压力?把它们按[1~8]的顺序排列,用1作为你减轻压力最喜欢做的事。play sports

进行体育运动

hang out with friends

和朋友们一起闲逛

talk to parents or other family members

和父母或其他的家庭成员交谈

spend time alone

独自消磨时光

play computer games

玩电脑游戏

read books

看书

watch movies

看电影

other:

其他:

1b部分翻译

Tell your partner about your answers in la.

告诉同伴la中你的答案。

1c部分翻译

Listen and check(√)the problems Wei Ming talks about.

听录音,在明谈到的问题上打勾“√”。

<1>My parents give me a lot of pressure about school.

我父母给我许多学习上的压力。

<2> I don't get enough sleep.

我睡眠不足。

<3> I don't have enough free time.

我没有足够的空闲时间。

(4> I had a fight with my parents.

我和父母吵架了。

<5> I have to compete with my classmatesat school.

在学校我不得不和我的同班同学竞争。

1d部分翻译

Listen again.What advice does Alice give to Wei Ming? Fill inthe blanks.

再听一遍录音。爱丽丝给明提出什么建议?填空。

1.Although you may be____with your parents,you should talk to them Ask them why they give you so much____.

虽然你可能对你父母不满意,但是你应当和他们谈谈。问问他们为什么给你那么多压力。

2.Life shouldn't just be about____.Free time actMties like____and hanging out with friends are important,too.

生活不应当只是成绩。业余时间的活动像堡壹和与朋友闲逛也是重要的。

3.You shouldn't____with your classmates to get better grades. You should all be ____each other to improve.

你不应该(通过)与同学竞争来取得较好的成绩。你们都应该互相帮助来提高(成绩)。

1e部分翻译

What is your advice for Wei Ming? Tell your partner and say why.

像给明的建议是什么?告诉你的同伴并说明为什么。

A:I think Wei Ming should...

我认为明应该……

B:Why?

为什么?

A: Because. . .

因为……

2a部分翻译

Check(√)the afterschool actMties you and your classmates usually do.

在你和你的同班同学通常做的课外活动前打上勾“√”。

do homework

做家庭作业

use the Internet

上网

have after-school lessons

上课外补习课

hang out with friends

和朋友们一起闲逛

watch movies

看电影

play sports or exerclse

做运动或锻炼

2b部分翻译

Read the article and answer the questions.

读文章并回答问题。

1.What is the common problem for Clunese and American families?

对中国家庭和美国家庭来说,共同的问题是什么?

2.Who gives their opinions about the problem?

关于这个问题,谁给出了他们的看法?

Guessing the Meaning

When reading something for the first time.do not worry about words you do not https://www.360docs.net/doc/622366131.html,e the context to help you guess the meaning.

猜测意思

当第一次阅读的时候,不要担心你不认识的单词,利用上下文来帮助你猜测意思。

Maybe You Should Learn to Relax!

或许你应该学会放松!

These days,Chinese children are sometimes busier on weekends than weekdays because they have to take so many afterschool classes. Many of them are learning exam skills so that they can get into a good high school and later a good university. Others are practicing sports so that they can compete and win. However,this doesn't only happen in China.

如今,中国孩子有时在周末比上学日还要忙,因为他们不得不上那么多的课外辅导班。他们中的许多人在学习考试技巧,这样他们就能进入一所好的高中,再后来就可以上好的大学。另外一些人为了在竞赛中获胜而参加体育训练。然而,这不仅仅发生在中国。

The Taylors are a American family.Life for three children is very busy.”On most days after school,”Cathy says,“I take one of my two boys to basketball practice and my

泰勒一家是一个典型的美国家庭。对于凯西泰勒的三个孩子来说,生活是非常忙碌的。“放学后的大多数日子,”凯茜说,“我送我的两个儿子中的一个去进行篮球练习,

daughter to training Then I have to take my other son to piano lessons.MaybeI could cut out a few of their activities,but I believe these activities are important for my children's future.I really want them to be successful.”However,the tired children don't get home until after 7:00 p.m.They have a quick dinner,and then it's time for homework.

送我的女儿去进行橄榄球训练。然后我得送我的另一个儿子去上钢琴课。或许我可以减掉他们的几个活动,但是我相信这些活动对我的孩子们的将来是重要的。我真的希望他们将来能成功。”然而,疲惫的孩子们直到晚上7点以后才回到家。他们迅速吃过晚饭,接着又到了做家庭作业的时间了。

Linda Miller,a mother of three,knows all about such stress“In some families,competition starts very young and until the kids get older,”she says.“Mothers send their small kids to all kinds of classes.And they are always comparing them other children.It's crazy,I don't think that's fair. Why don't t hey just let their kids be kids? People shouldn't their kids so hard”

琳达·米勒,一位三个孩子的毋亲,她深知这样的压力。“在一些家庭,孩子很小的时候竞争就开始了,并且持续到孩子长大,”她说道,“妈妈们送她们的小孩子去上各种各样的(学习)班。并且她们总是把他们和别的孩子对比。这是不理智的。我认为那是不公平的。他们为什么就不能让孩子就做孩子呢?人们不应该把孩子督促的那么紧。”

Doctors say too much pressure is not good for a child's development.Dr.Alice Green says all these activities can a lot of stress for children.。Kids should have time to relax and think for themselves,

相关文档
最新文档