7单元课文翻译

Unit7 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes.
A_3a
Mom Knows Best
妈妈最了解

When I was a tiny baby crying all night, my mom sang to me and stayed by my side
当我还是个整夜哭泣的婴儿时,妈妈唱歌给我听,陪在我身边

When I was tired and hungry, she gave me food and warm arms to sleep in
当我又累又饿的时候,她给了我食物和用来休息的温暖的臂弯

When I was two running through the ield, she made sure I was safe and kept me from danger
当我两岁时,跑着通过一块空地,她确保我的安全,使我远离危险

When I fell and hurt myself, she gave me a hug and lited me up
当我摔倒了,伤了自己,她给了我一个拥抱并把我抱起来

When I was seven coughing badly, she said no ice-cream for me
在我七岁的时候咳嗽得严重,她对我说不许吃冰淇淋

But I talked back loudly, “I should be allowed to eat some! Give it to me now!”
但是我大声地对她说,“应该允许我吃一些!现在就给我!”

When I was nine watching scary movies, she said it’d give me awful dreams
九岁的时候,当我看恐怖电影时,她说这会让我做噩梦

But I shouted back angrily, “I should be allowed to watch it! I’m not a baby!”
但是我愤怒地吼道,“应该允许我看这个!我不再是一个孩子了!”

When I was a teen going out with riends, she said, “Please be back by ten!”
当我十几岁与朋友们外出时,她说,“请十点之前回家!”

But I talked back again ― “I should not be told what to do! I’m seventeen now!”
但我与她顶嘴――”不应由谁告诉我该做什么!我现在十七岁了!”

Now I’m an adult, thinking back to those times
现在我是一个成年人了,回想那些时光

I coughed for days ater eating that ice-cream
在吃了冰淇淋后,我咳嗽了好几天

And had scary dreams ater watching that film
看了那个电影后,做了很多噩梦

I was late for school rom staying out past ten
在外面呆到了十点之后,我上学迟到了

I regret talking back, not listening to Mom
我后悔与妈妈顶嘴,没有听妈妈的话

Mom knows best, and for me she wanted only the best!
妈妈知道的最多,她只想给我最好的!

B_2b
Should I Be Allowed to Make My Own Decisions?
应该允许我自己做决定吗?
Many teenagers have hobbies.
许多青少年都有爱好。

But sometimes these can get in the way of their schoolwork, and parents might worry about their
success at school.
但有时这些爱好会影响他们的功课。父母可能会担心他们学业的成功。

Teenagers often think they should be allowed to practice their hobbies as much as they want.
青少年通常认为,应该允许

他们尽可能地发展他们的爱好。

Do you agree?
你同意吗?
Liu Yu, a fifteen-year-old boy from Shandong, is a running star.
刘雨,一个来自山东的15岁男孩,是一个跑步明星。

He is on his school team and has always wanted to be a professional runner when he grows up.
他是校队的成员,一直想长大后成为一名专业的运动员。
However, his parents won’t allow him to train so much.
然而,他的父母不允许他那样多地训练。

“Of course we want to see him achieve his dreams,” says Mr. Liu.
“我们当然想看到他实现自己的梦想,”刘先生说。

“And we know how much he loves running. My wife and I have supported every one of his races.
“我们知道他是多么爱跑步。我和我的妻子支持了他的每一场比赛。

We have nothing against running!
我们并不反对跑步
!
But we think our son needs to think about other possible jobs.
但是我们认为我们的儿子需要考虑其他可能的工作。

He’s getting older now, so he needs to think about what will happen if he doesn’t end up a
professional runner.”
他现在越来越大,所以他需要想想,如果他最终没有一个专业的跑步运动员,那将会发生什么。”

Liu Yu doesn’t really agree. “Well, I think I should be allowed to decide for myself,”
刘雨并不同意。“好吧,我认为应该允许我自己做决定,”

he says. “My parents have always taught me how important it is to work hard at school and
enter university.
他说。“我的父母总是教我在学校努力学习,考入大学的重要性。

I understand this, but I’m serious about running. Its the only thing I’ve ever wanted to do.”
这我能理解,但对于跑步,我是认真的。这是我想做的唯一的事情。”

His parents believe that Liu Yu should study hard in the evenings so they don’t allow him to
practice running at night.
他的父母认为刘雨在晚上应该努力学习,所以他们不允许他晚上练习跑步。

“Maybe he thinks it’s too strict or unfair,”
says Mrs. Liu.
“也许他认为这太严格了或不公平,”刘太太说。

“But we think we’re doing the right thing. He needs to spend more time on his homework
because becoming a professional sports star is a difficult dream.”
“但我们认为我们做的是正确的。他需要花更多的时间在他的作业上,因为成为一名职业体育明星是一个难以实现的梦
想。”

But Liu Yu still disagrees.
但刘雨仍然不同意。

“I know my parents care about me. They always talk about what will happen if I don’t succeed.
“我知道我的父母关心我。他们总是谈论如果我不成功会发生什么。

But I will! I’m a quick runner! I think I should be allowed to make this choice myself. Only then
will I have a chance to achieve my dream.”



但我肯定会成功!我是个跑得很快的运动员!我认为应该允许我自己做出这样的选择。只有这样,我才有机会实现我的梦想。”



相关文档
最新文档