新英语900句之生活篇

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson60:Success成功经历

886. His first book was a best seller.
他的第一本书很畅销。
887. I’ve finally graduated from college.
我终于大学毕业了。
888. I just got my dream job.
我刚刚得到了我梦寐以求的工作。
889. You’re taken some incredible photographs here.
你在这儿照了一些很棒的照片。
890. Sharon was first in her class at law school.
在法学院,雪伦是她班上的第一名。
891. I finally got that promotionu I wanted.
我终于得到了我渴望的晋升。
892. She just won the lotteryv.
她刚中了彩票。
893. My dad was just voted in as the company president.
我的父亲刚被投票选为公司总裁。
894. His paintings are some of the most famous in the country.
他的画在这个国家是最著名的。
895. That was the fastest I have ever run a mile.
那一英里是我跑得最快的一次。
896. I feel really flattered that out of all the students I was picked.
那么多学生当中我被选中了,我简直受宠若惊。
897. No matter what you do, you’ll make them proud.
不管你做什么,他们都会为你自豪的。
898. I want to show everyone how successful I turned out to be.
我想让大家看看我有多成功。
899. That’s quite a success story.
那真是一个成功的故事。
900. It sounds like you have a lot to be proud of.
听起来你有很多东西值得自豪。

【生词解读】
1. promotion [prE5mEuFEn] n. 提升,晋级
2. lottery [5lCtEri] n. 奖券,彩票;摸彩,抽签

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson59:Failure失败的经历

871. I’m sure I just failedv that exam.
我确信刚才那个考试我没通过。
872. Terry just lost that account for our company.
特里刚刚把我们公司的账目给弄丢了。
873. He gambledw away most of his savings.
他赌博输掉了他的大部分积蓄。
874. The cook ruined this meal.
那个厨师把这顿饭做得很糟。
875. The attempt ended in complete failure.
这次尝试以彻底失败而告终。
876. She failed to find any solutionx to the problem.
她没有找到任何解决这个问题的方法。
877. I can’t find any kind of job in this town.
在这个镇里我找不到任何工作。
878. Tim finished last in the race.
在比赛中迪姆是最后一名。
879. Bill lost the election for mayor.
比尔在市长竞选中失败了。
880. He couldn’t finish the report on time.
他不能按时完成报告。
881. During the talent portiony, my voice broke when I went to go for a high note.
在才艺表演部分,我在唱高音时唱不上去。
882. I did get a new job, but then I got fired.
我的确找到了一份新的工作,不过我又被解雇了。
883. I can’t believe I failed so horribly.
我不能相信我竟会失败得这么惨。
884. At least you learned a valuable lesson about not getting in over your head.

至少你得到了一个有价值的教训,就是做事情要量力而为。
885. I lost my job, so I couldn’t afford to live on my own anymore.
我失业了,所以我不能自食其力了。

【生词解读】
1. failure [5feiljE] n. 失败
2. fail [feil] v. 不及格
3. gamble [5^Ambl] v. 赌掉,输光
4. solution [sE5lu:FEn] n. 解答;解决(办法) ;解释
5. portion [5pC:FEn] n. 部分

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson58:Peaceful experiences宁静的经历

856. It’s very quiet up here on the mountain.
在这山上很宁静。
857. This street is so much more peaceful than the rest of the city.
这条街比城市的其他地方要宁静多了。
858. The church is a very calm place to pray.
这个教堂是一个非常安静的做祈祷的地方。
859. This music soothesu my soul.
这音乐能安抚我的灵魂。
860. Let’s go have a nice day in the park.
让我们去公园好好玩一天。
861. My vacation was very relaxing.
我的假期过得很放松。
862. Rowingv on the lake in the morning helps clear my mind.
早上在湖中泛舟使我思绪清晰。
863. Meditationw helps me deal with stress.
瞑思能够帮助我克服压力。
864. I’m most calm after a long run.
长跑之后我非常平静。
865. I want to retire to a cabinx deep in the forest.
我想隐居到到森林深处的小屋里。
866. You should take up some activities that help you to relax.
你应该多参与能够帮助你放松的活动。
867. I take classes in yogay to help me unwindz.
我练习瑜迦功以帮助我放松。
868. It’s very peaceful and helps you clear your mind of all thoughts and worries that can cause you stress.
那里非常宁静,可以帮你清除那些给你带来压力的想法和担心。
869. When I really want to relax, I like to be alone.
当我真正想放松的时候,我喜欢一个人独处。
870. I was so relaxed by my day at the beach, that I fell asleep in the sun.
在阳光普照的海滩上,我放松得睡着了。

【生词解读】
1. soothe [su:T] v.安慰,抚慰;使平静;哄
2. rowing [5rEuiN] n. 划船
3. meditation [medi5teiFEn] n. 沉思,冥想
4. cabin [5kAbin] n. 小屋
5. yoga [5jEu^E] n. (印度的)瑜珈;瑜珈功
6. unwind [5Qn5waind] v. 解开;展开;松开;放松

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson57:Miserable experiences悲惨的经历

841. I’ve had a fever for the past two days.
我最近这两天发烧了。
842. I can’t wait to get out of these wet clothes.
我等不及要脱下这些湿衣服。
843. This backpack is way too heavy.
这个背包太重了。
844. We’re been walking for hours and I’m exhausted.
我们走了几个小时了,我已精疲力尽了。
845. My first few months at college were miserable.
我刚上大学的头几个月过得很悲惨。
846. I on

ce had to sleep on the floor of a train.
我曾经有一次不得不睡在火车厢的地板上。
847. I hate going to funeralsy.
我讨厌去参加葬礼。
848. Talking to my boss is pure miseryz.
和我老板谈话简直是受罪。
849. He is a miserable little person.
他是一个可怜的身材矮小的人。
850. This rain is miserable weather.
下雨天真是糟糕透了。
851. I was really sorry to hear that you were sick for so long.
听说你病了这么长时间,我真是很难过。
852. It’s been a month and she’s still feeling bad.
已经过了一个月了,她感觉还是很糟。
853. The worst part of the illness is that you are always so tired.
这病最糟糕的地方,就是你总是感到疲倦。
854. My drinking got so bad that I lost my job because I got caught drinking while at work.
我酗酒太严重以至丢了工作,因为我上班的时候喝酒被抓住了。
855. I couldn’t support my family while I was drinking, so I made the decision to sober up{.
当我酗酒的时候,我连家都养不起,所以我决定戒酒。

【生词解读】
1. miserable [5mizErEbl] a. 凄惨的;悲哀的
2. fever [5fi:vE] n. 发烧,发热;热度
3. backpack [5bAkpAk] n. 登山、远足用的背包
4. exhausted [i^5zC:stid] a. 精疲力竭的
5. funeral [5fju:nErEl] n. 丧葬,葬仪;出殡行列
6. misery [5mizEri] n. 痛苦;不幸;悲惨
7. sober up [5sEubEQp] v. 使清醒

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson56:Confusing experiences困惑的经历

826. I don’t think this is the right address.
我认为这个地址不对。
827. Do you know where we are going?
你知道我们要去哪吗?
828. I’m not sure which bag is mine.
我不能肯定哪个包是我的。
829. He keeps getting their names mixed up.
他总是混淆了他们的名字。
830. It’s hard to remember which classroom is mine.
很难记住哪间教室是我的。
831. It’s very confusing to learn a new language.
学习一门新语言是很令人困惑的。
832. Chinese characters always confuse me.
中国汉字总是让我困惑。
833. He was confused as to what his boss wanted him to do.
他搞不清楚他的老板想要他干什么。
834. Jill is easily confused.
吉尔很容易被弄糊涂。
835. The deer was confused by the headlightsv of the car.
汽车的车头灯让这只鹿不知所措。
836. Well, I’m not sure if everything is good.
嗯,我不能肯定是否一切正常。
837. Has anything unusual happened to her recently?
最近有没有什么不寻常的事情发生在她身上?
838. I don’t have a clue where to go from here.
我根本不知道该去哪里。
839. Yes, I swear I have, but I can’t seem to remember it for long.
是,我发誓我做了,但是我好像记不了多长时间。
840. We were all eating in a restaurant when I got up to use the bathroom right be

fore we were about to leave.
当时我们在一家餐厅里,就在我们要离开之前,我去了一趟洗手间。

【生词解读】
1. confusing [kEn5fju:ziN] a. 令人困惑的
2. headlight [5hedlait] n. (汽车等的)车前大灯;前照灯


新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson55: Lesson55:Lonely Experiences孤独的经历

811. I just moved to town and haven’t met anyone yet.
我搬到镇里去了,再没见过任何人。
812. It’s hard to work somewherev far from home.
在离家这么远的地方工作真是很困难。
813. Billy hasn’t made any friends at his new school.
比利在新学校没有交什么朋友。
814. I’ll miss you when you’re gone.
你走了我会想你的。
815. I have no one to really talk to.
我没有能够真正谈心的人。
816. There are no other Americans in my school.
在我的学校里没有别的美国人了。
817. This is my first time away from home.
这时我第一次离开家。
818. I just broke up with my girlfriend.
我刚和我的女朋友分手了。
819. This house feels empty with just me in it.
只有我一个人住,房子显得空荡荡的。
820. Everyone else has gone home for the summer.
其他人都回家过暑假了。
821. I just found out that I’m going to have to work on Christmas.
我刚刚才知道圣诞节我必须加班。
822. I’m a real people person and love being around others.
我是很合群的人,喜欢和别人在一起。
823. I had to finish a project and couldn’t take the time to go on vacation.
我必须完成一项方案,没时间去度假。
824. I was the only one left in the dorms.
我是唯一一个留在宿舍里的人。
825. Absolutely, I’ve been dying for some company.
当然了,我一直都非常想有人陪我。

【生词解读】
1.lonely [5lEunli] a.寂寞的,孤独的
2.somewhere [5sQmhwZE] ad.某处,在某处

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson54:Brave Experiences勇敢的经历

796. You’re very brave.
你非常勇敢。
797. The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
我们唯一应该害怕的就是害怕本身。
798. Playing contact sports builds character.
玩那些有身体接触的运动能够培养人的性格。
799. He grew up in a rough neighborhood.
他在很艰苦的环境中长大。
800. He jumped into the river to save that boy from drowning.
他跳下河去救那个落水的小男孩。
801. He is certainly not a cowardu.
他当然不是一个懦夫。
802. She didn’t panicv when the bear saw her.
当熊看到她的时候,她没有惊慌。
803. It took a lot of nerve to go out in the stormw.
要有很大勇气才能走到进暴风雨中去。
804. We all have to conquer some fears.
我们都必须克服某些恐惧。
805. Courage means different things to different people.
勇气对于不同的人来说有不同的含义。
806. There is an amazing story of a man who manag

ed to stop a robberyx.
有一个了不起的故事,是关于一个人阻止了一次抢劫。
807. I wonder why he risked his life for a stranger.
我想知道他为什么会为一个陌生人冒生命危险。
808. He said that he couldn’t just stand by and watch some innocent person get hurt.
他说他不能袖手旁观,看着无辜的人受到伤害。
809. I just did what anyone would have done in my situation.
我所做的事情,别人在我的处境下也会这么做的。
810. I really didn’t have time to think. I just acted.
我真的没有时间想了。我就是那么做了。

【生词解读】
1. coward [5kauEd] n. 懦夫,胆怯者
2. panic [5pAnik] v. 恐慌
3. storm [stC:m] n. 暴风雨
4. robbery [5rCbEri] n. 抢劫;盗取;抢劫案

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson53:Exciting Experiences令人激动的经历

781. Walking across the street in China can be very exciting.
走在中国的街道上是很令人激动的。
782. A predictableu life isn’t very exciting.
可以预料的生活并不很令人兴奋。
783 You need a little bit of excitement in your life.
你的生活需要一些激情。
784. I always get excited about Christmas.
每到圣诞节我总是很激动。
785. This movie is incredibly thrillingv.
这部电影真是无比惊栗。
786. I’m very excited about my future.
我为我的将来感到非常兴奋。
787. I can’t contain my excitement about traveling to Japan.
要去日本旅行了,我无法抑制我的激动心情。
788. I don’t think I can stand much more excitement.
我想我已不能再激动了。
789. He’s excited at the idea of moving.
一想到要搬家,他就激动。
790. Don’t excite the children.
别让孩子们太兴奋。
791. It’s not every day you get the opportunity to study and live in a foreign country.
到国外去学习和生活的机会不是每天都有的。
792. I can’t help but be happy that I get to study in Paris for an entire year.
我能够到巴黎去学习整整一年,我的兴奋之情真是难以抑制。
793. I remember one Christmas while you were so excited that you waited up for Santa all night long.
我记得有一年圣诞节,你非常激动,整个晚上没睡在等圣诞老人。
794. I can’t wait to tell all my friends.
我等不及要去告诉我的朋友们。
795. I’m going to get to see the ground from high up in the air, just like a bird.
我马上就可以从高空看地面了,就像鸟一样。

【生词解读】
1. predictable [pri5diktEbl] a. 可预言的,可预料的
2. thrilling [5WriliN] a. 毛骨悚然的,令人兴奋的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson52:ADVENTUROUS EXPERIENCES冒险的经历

766. I spent this summer fighting forest fires.
这个夏季我在扑救森林大火。
767. My brother is a rodeo rider.
我哥哥是个马技表演者。
768. John is a New York C

ity firefighter.
约翰是纽约市的一名消防员。
769. She was trapped on a mountain in Tibet for almost a day.
有一次在西藏,她在山上被困了几乎一天。
770. His raftx turned over in rough whitewatery.
他的筏子被激流弄翻了。
771. Have you ever seen a bullfightz in Spain?
你看过西班牙斗牛吗?
772. I love bungee cord jumping.
我喜欢跳蹦极跳。
773. The adrenalin{ rush is incredible.
那种刺激简直是令人难以置信。
774. I live for excitement.
我活着就为了冒险。
775. I’m planning to climb Mount Denali in Alaska.
我打算去攀登阿拉斯加州的德纳里山。
776. I was worried that I would chicken| out the first time I tried it, but I found out that you get so caught up in the excitement that you don’t have time to be scared.
我第一次尝试的时候也担心我会害怕得放弃,但后来发现当你正兴奋的时侯,根本就没有时间害怕。
777. Everything happens so quickly that you won’t have time to start worrying.
一切都发生得那么迅速,你根本就没有时间担心。
778. Not everyone can say that they’re climbed some of the tallest mountains in the world.
不是每个人都可以说他们曾攀登过世界上最高的一些山。
779. Every year some people are killed falling off cliffs}, getting caught in avalanches~, or from exposure to the elements. 每年都有一些人因摔落悬崖、遇上雪崩、或是暴露于严酷的环境而死亡。
780. I prefer to rough it when I go camping.
我比较喜欢原始的野营方式。

【生词解读】
1. adventurous [Ed5ventFErEs] a. 爱冒险的;大胆的
2. rodeo [5rEudiEu] n. 马术竞赛会;牧人套马表演会
3. trap [trAp] v. 使落入圈套(或困境)
4. raft [rB:ft] n. 木排,木筏;筏子
5. whitewater [7wait5wC:tE ] n. 白色水域;急流
6. bullfight [5bJl7faIt] n. 斗牛
7. adrenalin [E5drenElin] 一阵兴奋(或激动)
8. chicken out [5tFikin aut] 因害怕而不敢做某事
9. cliff [klif] n. 悬崖,峭壁
10. avalanche [5AvE7lB:ntF] n. 雪崩

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson51:Foolish Experiences愚蠢的经历

751. I found out that I wasn’t as smart as I thought.
我发现自己没有想象中的那么聪明。
752. He brought the package to the wrong office.
他把包裹送错办公室了。
753. He wore blue jeans to a formal dinner.
他穿着蓝色牛仔裤去参加一个正式的晚宴。
754. I completely forgot about her divorce.
我完全忘记她离婚了。
755. She spilled the soup all over her dress.
她把汤洒到了她的衣服上,弄得到处都是。
756. He brought his girlfriend to his ex-wife’s party.
他把他的女朋友带到了他前妻的聚会上。
757. He overslept and missed work.
他睡过头了,误了上班。
758. I g

ot lost and drove around the city for hours.
我迷路了,开车在城里转了几个小时。
759. My decision ruined the whole evening.
我的决定把整个夜晚都破坏了。
760. He should never drink that much alcohol in public.
他不应该在公众场合喝那么多酒。
761. She’ll never give me an extensionx for such a foolish excuse.
她不会因为这样一个愚蠢的理由而让我延期的。
762. I don’t want to look stupid in front of the teacher.
我不想在老师面前显得愚蠢。
763. Did I do anything embarrassing?
我做了什么令人难堪的事情吗?
764. The worst thing was when you got up on top of the table and started dancing and singing.
最糟糕的事就是你站在桌子上又唱又跳。
765. I let the cat out of the bag with only one day to go.
只剩最后一天了,我却泄露了秘密。

【生词解读】
1. package [5pAkidV] n. 包裹;包
2. formal [5fC:mEl] a. 正式的;礼节上的
3. oversleep [5EuvE5sli:p] vi. 睡过头
4. extension [iks5tenFEn] n. 延长;延期;缓期

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson50:Cyber-Love Experiences网恋

736. You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet.
你不应该全信在网上看到的东西。
737. We first met in a chat room.
我们是在一个聊天室里认识的。
738. A person doesn’t have to be honest on-line.
在网上人不必诚实。
739. There are a lot of strange people on the internet.
在因特网上有许多奇怪的人。
740. I don’t think on-line dating is healthy for people.
我认为网上约会是不健康的。
741. Dating on-line is a good way for shy people to meet other people.
对于害羞的人来说,网上约会是他们认识朋友的好方式。
742. I just got an e-mail from Rick.
我刚收到瑞克的一封电子邮件。
743. I stopped chatting with him when he got a little strange.
他变得有点古怪了,于是我没有再和他聊天了。
744. How do you know he isn’t married?
你怎么知道他没有结婚?
745. Do you think on-line dating really works?
你认为网上约会真的有用吗?
746. Actually, I’ve been chatting with a very nice guy.
事实上,我一直在和一个很不错的男人聊天。
747. Met him online, so I’ve never seen him in person.
我是在网上遇到他的,所以我没有见过他。
748. Don’t you know how dangerous it is to meet men online?
你难道不知道在网上认识人是很危险的吗?
749. It’s not desperatew to go online to meet new people.
在网上认识新朋友不算是冒险。
750. It would be very difficult to have such a long distance relationship.
隔着这么远的距离,要维持关系是很困难的。

【生词解读】
1. shy [Fai] a. 怕羞的,羞怯的,腼腆的
2. chat [tFAt] vi. 闲谈,聊天
3. desperate [5despErit] a. 铤而走险的

;极端的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson49:Horrible Experiences可怕的经历

721. I saw a child begging on the street this morning.
今天早上我在街上看到一个男孩乞讨。
722. The car hit him right in front of me.
就在我面前,一辆车撞到他了。
723. His arm was cut very badly by the fan blade.
他的手被电风扇的扇叶严重割伤了。
724. I was once beaten very badly by a robber.
我曾经被一个劫匪毒打了一顿。
725. After the crash, the doctors had to pick out glass from my leg.
车祸后,医生必须把碎玻璃从我的腿中取出来。
726. I could hear the child crying all night outside.
我听到这个小孩一整夜都在外面哭。
727. Her baby was eaten by wolves.
她的孩子被狼吃了。
728. The fire destroyed our entire house.
大火烧毁了我们的整栋房子。
729. My aunt’s finger was cut off while she was working in a factory.
在工厂工作时,我姑姑的手指被切断了。
730. The accident left him blind in one eye.
这次事故弄瞎了他的一只眼睛。
731. I cut myself while fixing the lawnmowerw.
在修理割草机的时候,我割伤了自己。
732. He was on a business trip and was on his way home when the terrorists killed him.
他正在出差,在回家的路上他被恐怖分子杀了。
733. It was the single worst terrorist attack that the world has ever seen.
这是世界上最严重的一次恐怖袭击。
734. I have two broken ribs, and they hurt when I move too much.
我断了两根肋骨,走动多了就会疼。
735. I managed to punchy one of them, but I couldn’t take on both of them at the same time.
我挥拳打了其中的一个,但是我不能同时对付他们俩。

【生词解读】
1. horrible [5hCrEbl] a. 可怕的,令人毛骨悚然的
2. blade [bleid] n. 叶片状物;桨叶
3. lawnmower [5lC:nmEuE] n. 割草机
4. rib [rib] n. 肋,肋骨
5. punch [pQntF] v. 用拳猛击

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson48:Romantic Experiences 浪漫的经历

706. We went ice-skatingu on our first date.
我们第一次约会是去滑冰。
707. He sang to me at the restaurant.
他在餐馆里为我歌唱。
708. I asked her to marry me on the beach.
我在海滩上向她求婚。
709. We took a trip to Hawaii together.
我们一起去夏威夷旅行了。
710. He sent me flowers at work.
他在上班的时候给我送花。
711. She read me her favorite poem.
她给我读了她最喜欢的诗。
712. He used to walk me home from school every day.
他以前每天都陪我从学校走路回家。
713. This is our twentieth anniversary.
这是我们结婚二十周年纪念。
714. We learned to horsebackv ride together.
我们一起学骑马。
715. He cooked my favorite meal for me.
他为我做了我最喜欢吃的饭菜。
716. What did you and your boy

friend do for Valentine’s Day?
在情人节那天,你和你的男朋友干什么了?
717. He surprised me with a tropical vacation.
他给了我一个惊喜,带我去热带旅行。
718. This is the nicest gift that anyone has ever gotten me.
这是我收过的最好的礼物。
719. I think that this is the most romantic thing you’re ever done for me.
我认为这是你为我做过的最浪漫的事。
720. A moonlight strollw on the beach sounds like a great way to end the evening.
在洒满月光的海滩上散步,以次作为这个晚上的结尾曲,这听起来很棒。

【生词解读】
1. ice-skating [5ais7skeitiN] n. 溜冰
2. horseback [5hC:sbAk] n. 马背
3. stroll [strEul] vi. 散步,溜达;缓步走

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson47:Mysterious Experiences神秘的经历

691. My aunt said she once saw a ghost.
我的姑姑说她曾经看到过鬼。
692. What was that noise?
那是什么声音?
693. I think there’s something in the darkness.
我认为有什么东西在那黑暗里面。
694. No one knew what happened to Simon.
没有人知道西蒙发生了什么事。
695. The killer’s identity remained unknown.
凶手的身份还不没被确认。
696. The police don’t know who took the jewels.
警方不知道是谁拿走了珠宝。
697. Her recipe is good because of the secret ingredient.
她的烹饪方法很好,因为里面含有神秘的配料。
698. His job in the war is still a secret.
他在战争中的工作仍是一个秘密。
699. She says that she can predict someone’s future.
她说她能预测别人的未来。
700. Some people believe that aliensv visit Earth from other planetsw.
有些人相信有来自外星球的外星人访问地球。
701. Truthfully, there have been some unexplained occurrences around the house.
老实说,这房子的周围有一些无法解释的现象发生。
702. Mysterious noises like you heard that seem to have no natural causes.
就象你听到的那些神秘声音,好像没有什么自然的起因。
703. Doors that seem to close on their own and objects that get moved around but not by human hands.
门会自己关,物体没有人动它自己会动。
704. A couple of months ago, a friend and I went to a psychicy just for a few kicks.
几个月前,我和一个朋友去了一个灵媒那里,只是为了好玩。
705. Not everything that happens in the world can be explained.
并不是世界上发生的所有的事情都能够被解释的。

【生词解读】
1. recipe [5resipi] n. 烹饪法;食谱
2. alien [5eiljEn] n. 外星人
3. planet [5plAnit] n. 行星
4. occurrence [E5k[:rEns] n. 事件;事变
5. psychic [5saikik] n. 灵媒,巫师
6. kick [kik] n. 乐趣
新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson46:Dangerous Experiences危险的经历

676. I slipped o

n some ice and broke my arm.
我在冰上滑了一跤,把手摔断了。
677. The car accident almost killed my brother.
我弟弟差一点死于那次车祸。
678. She almost fell into the tiger cage.
她差点就跌进老虎笼子了。
679. That rock just missedu my head.
那块大石头差点就打中我的头了。
680. I almost didn’t see that bus coming.
我几乎没有看到那辆开过来的公共汽车。
681. He’s very lucky to have survived the war.
他在战争中幸存下来,真是幸运。
682. I’m worried about him because he works in a prison.
我为他担心,因为他在监狱里工作。
683. Mountain climbing is exciting because it can be dangerous.
登山有危险性,因而很刺激。
684. Steve drives too fast and takes too many risksv.
史迪夫开车很快,太冒险了。
685. Ann was in the hospital for six weeks after getting hurt.
安受伤后在医院呆了六个星期。
686. I was driving to work when a huge truck ran a red light.
当时我正开车去上班,突然一辆大卡车闯了红灯。
687. I’m sorry you had to go through that.
我为你经历的这一切感到难过。
688. There were always bombs and gunfire all around us.
我们的周围总是有炸弹和炮火。
689. My stomach would have been full of butterflies.
如果是我,我心里肯定会七上八下的。
690. I’ve never been so scared in my life, and my entire life flashed before my eyes.
我从来没有那样害怕过,我感觉我的整个生命历程就在我眼前闪动。

【生词解读】
1. miss [mis] vi. 未击中;打偏
2. risk [risk] n. 危险,风险

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson45:Embarrassing Experiences难堪的经历

661. I can’t believe I said something that stupid at the party.
我简直不能相信我在晚会上竟说了那样的傻话。
662. I just spilled my drink all over my pants.
我把饮料洒满了我的裤子。
663. Halfway through my speech, I forgot the rest of what I wanted to say.
我的讲话说到一半,我就忘记了后面的内容了。
664. I didn’t notice the stainu until I got to work.
我上班的时候才发现衣服上的污渍。
665. He tripped and fell right in front of the guests.
他绊了一下,摔倒在客人面前。
666. She came to the party in the same dress as me.
她穿着和我一样的衣服来参加聚会。
667. My ex-girlfriend told everyone at the party about me.
我的前女友把我的事情告诉了所有参加聚会的人。
668. He was so sick that he vomitedv right in the middle of dinner.
他很不舒服了,晚餐吃到一半的时候就呕吐了。
669. I just realized that this shirt isn’t clean.
我这才意识到这件衬衫不干净。
670. Someone told Bob what I said about him.
有人把我说鲍勃的话告诉了他。
671. That has to be my most embarrassing moment ever.
那是我一辈子最难堪的时刻了。
672. That

shouldn’t be enough to cause you to quit.
你也不能仅仅因为这个就放弃呀。
673. That is a little embarrassing.
那有一点令人难堪。
674. Still you shouldn’t stop doing something you liked just because of one incidentw.
你还是不应该因为一件事就放弃你喜欢做的事。
675. I embarrassed myself the entire evening.
整个晚上我都难堪极了。

【生词解读】
1. stain [stein] n. 污点,污迹,瑕疵
2. vomit [5vRmit] vi. 呕吐
3. incident [5insidEnt] n. 事件;事变


新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson44:Ecstatic Experiences令人欣喜的经历

646. I love my new job.
我爱我的新工作。
647. That surprise birthday party was great.
那给了我一个惊喜的生日聚会真是太棒了。
648. This balloon ride is incredible.
这次乘气球旅行简直令人难以置信。
649. Our trip to the mountain was amazingv.
我们的登山之行真是太妙了。
650. My first time scubaw diving was unforgettable.
我忘不了我第一次戴着呼吸器潜水的经历。
651. Tasting this chocolate is pure ecstasyx.
吃这种巧克力的感觉简直棒极了。
652. Parachutingy gives me an incredible rush.
跳伞给我一种极妙的刺激。
653. It’s not safe, but I love driving fast.
尽管不安全,但我还是喜欢开快车。
654. My greatest thrill is going on the roller coasterz.
我觉得最刺激的事就是坐过山车。
655. I love the way these sheets feel wrapped{ around me.
我喜欢被这些床单包裹的感觉。
656. I can’t believe this is really happening!
我简直不能相信这真的发生了。
657. You’ll probably feel differently when some of the excitement has passed.
等到刺激感过去一些,你可能会感觉不一样。
658. I didn’t think I would get it, but I did.
我以为我做不到,可我真的做到了。
659. I do, but right now I’m so excited that nothing could rain on my parade.
我是,但是我现在太激动了,没什么能给我泼冷水。
660. Why are you so worked up?
你为什么这么激动?

【生词解读】
1. ecstatic [ek5stAtik] a. 狂喜的;着迷的;入神的
2. amazing [E5meiziN] a. 惊人的,令人吃惊的
3. scuba [5skju:bE] n. 自携式水中呼吸器;水肺
4. ecstasy [5ekstEsi] n. 狂喜;出神;入迷
5. parachuting [5pArEFu:tiN] n. 空降,伞降;跳伞(运动)
6. roller coaster [5rEulE 5kEustE] (娱乐设备)云霄飞车,过山车
7. wrap [rAp] v. 缠绕,披

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson43:Memorablw People 值得回忆的人

631. Jeff was the funniest guy in our class.
杰夫是我们班上最滑稽的人。
632. The whole town thought Jim was a good mayoru.
整个镇的人都认为吉姆是一个好市长。
633. I’m glad to see that you still remember me.
很高兴你还记得我。
634. H

ow could I forget my favorite college professor?
我怎么会忘记我最喜欢的大学教授?
635. Alfred was the tallest guy in our school.
阿尔夫瑞德是我们学校最高的人。
636. Hector was the worst employer I ever had.
海克特是我碰到过的最差劲的老板。
637. Our nation owes a lot to Martin Luther King Jr.
我们国家欠小马丁·路德·金太多了。
638. Susan was the prettiest girl in our town.
苏珊是我们镇里最漂亮的姑娘。
639. Karen had a beautiful singing voice.
凯伦的歌声很优美。
640. He helped many people in his long career.
在他漫长的生涯中,他帮助过很多人。
641. Have you kept in touch with many of your old classmates?
你还和你的很多老同学保持联系吗?
642. There is one person I’m positive I’ll recognize.
有个人我肯定我会认得。
643. Nevertheless, she is someone I’ll never forget.
不过,她是我永远不会忘记的人。
644. This autographv is worth a lot because he’s such a memorable figure in baseball and African-American history.
这个签名很有价值,因为他是一个在棒球史和非裔美国人历史上值得纪念的人物。
645. His courage won’t be forgotten.
他的勇气不会被遗忘。

【生词解读】
1. mayor [5mZE] n. 市长,镇长
2. autograph [5C:tE^rB:f] n. 亲笔;(尤指名人的)亲笔签名

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson42:Sweet Memories美好的回忆

616. Do you remember how the flowers used to smell on our farm?
你还记得我们农场里的花的香味吗?
617. You were wearing the blue dress on our first date.
我们第一次约会的时候,你穿的是蓝色衣服。
618. I loved to sit under that oakv tree as a child.
我喜欢像个小孩子那样坐在那棵橡树下。
619. Some of my best memories are from college.
大学生活给我留下了一些最美好的回忆。
620. These pictures bring back some great memories.
这些照片带给我一些美好的回忆。
621. Fresh grass always reminds me of childhood summers.
清新的鲜草总是让我想起孩童时的夏季。
622. I love New York in the summer.
我喜欢夏天的纽约。
623. I can’t forget the way her hair smelled.
我不能忘记她头发的味道。
624. That reminds me of my first dog.
那使我想起了我的第一条狗。
625. I still like thinking about my first girlfriend.
我还是喜欢回想起我的第一个女朋友。
626. Pictures are nice, but I don’t need any remindersw for such a milestone in our lives.
照片很美,但我不需要任何东西来帮助我回忆起这样一件在我们生命中占据重要地位的事情。
627. There have been many other moments since we’re become parents that I will remember just as much.
我们做了父母后也还有很多美好的时刻,而我也一样会记住的。
628. It’s a very significantx moment in your life.
这是你生命

中非常重要的时刻。
629. He reminds me of my first dog.
它让我想起了我的第一条狗。
630. One of the best memories I have of him was when I first got him.
我记忆中最美的时刻是我刚得到他的时候。

【生词解读】
1. memory [5memEri] n. 回忆,记忆
2. oak [Euk] n. 橡树
3. reminder [ri5maindE] n. 提醒者,提醒物,令人回忆的东西
4. significant [si^5nifikEnt] a. 重要的,重大的;值得注意的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson41:Unforgetable Experiences难忘的经历

601. I once met the president.
我曾经见过总统。
602. Swimming with dolphinsv was unforgettable.
和海豚一起游泳是很难忘的。
603. I almost drowned when I was a boy.
我小时候有一次差点淹死了。
604. Last year I went to the Great Wall.
去年我去了长城。
605. I’ll never forget the day I met my husband.
我永远也忘不了我遇见我丈夫的那一天。
606. This is the most memorablew day of my life.
这时我一生中最难忘的一天。
607. You only graduatex from college once.
你只有一次大学毕业。
608. Ester is a truly unforgettable person.
伊斯特真是一个令人难忘的人。
609. How can I forget the day my child was born?
我怎么会忘记我孩子出生的那一天呢?
610. I can’t forget how much you have done for me.
我不能忘记你为我做的那么多的事情。
611. The one thing that I will never forget is swimming with the dolphins.
我永远也不能忘记和海豚游泳的情形。
612. It was an unbelievabley experience.
那简直是难以置信的经历。
613. I made sure that I took lots of pictures so I can always remember my trip.
我确定我照了很多照片,以永远纪念这次旅行。
614. I wanted to capturez every last detail.
我想抓住每一个细节。
615. I want to be able to share{ this memorable experience with everyone I care about.
我想把这值得回忆的经历与所有我喜欢的人分享。

【生词解读】
1. unforgettable [5QnfE5^etEbl] a. 难忘的,永远记得的
2. dolphins [5dClfin] n. 海豚
3. memorable [5memErEbl] a. 值得怀念的;难忘的;显著的
4. graduate [5^rAdjueit] v. 准予......毕业;授与......学位
5. unbelievable [7Qnbi5li:vEbl] a. 令人难以置信的;非常惊人的
6. capture [5kAptFE] v. 俘获,夺取,抓住
7. share [FZE] v. 分享

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson40:Fear恐惧

586. Dogs terrifyu me.
我很害怕狗。
587. I’m scared of heights.
我恐高。
588. He’s too afraid of getting hurt.
他太害怕受伤了。
589. Something has given him a bad frightv.
什么东西让他很害怕。
590. That man’s eyes frightenw me.
那个男人的眼神吓着我了。
591. That movie was terrifying.
那部电影真恐怖。
592. I’m still afraid of the dark.

我还是很怕黑。
593. Drowningx is one of my greatest fears.
溺水是我最恐惧的事情之一。
594. I’m not afraid to say what I think.
我不怕说出我的想法。
595. Don’t be frightened by the noises.
别被这声音吓着。
596. If you turn off the lights, the monster will come out from underneath my bed.
如果你关灯的话,怪物就会从我床底下出来的。
597. It will come out and eat me if you turn off the lights.
如果你关灯,它就会出来把我吃掉。
598. I freaky out every time I see a bug.
我每次看到虫子都会吓得发疯。
599. Have you ever tried to overcome your fear?
你有没有努力克服你的恐惧?
600. One day you will have to face your fear.
终有一天你必须面对你的恐惧。

【生词解读】
1. terrify [5terifai] v. 使害怕,使恐怖
2. fright [frait] n. 惊吓,恐怖
3. frighten [5fraitEn] v. 使惊恐,使骇怕
4. drowning [5drauniN] n. 溺水
5. freak out [fri:k] v. 行动反常
新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson39:Jealousy嫉妒

571. That girl thinks she is so cutev.
那个女孩认为自己很可爱。
572. I wish I could afford a car like this.
我希望我能买得起这样一辆车。
573. I have to admit I’m a little jealousw.
我必须承认我有一点嫉妒。
574. I’m envious of his success.
我羡慕他的成功。
575. You have no reason to envy me.
你没有理由妒忌我。
576. Are you jealous of my friend?
你嫉妒我的朋友吗?
577. I wish I could be as fast as Tom.
如果我能跑得象汤姆一样快就好了。
578. He clearly makes Bill jealous.
很显然,他令比尔嫉妒了。
579. Jealousy can really hurt a friendship.
嫉妒的确会破坏友谊。
580. It doesn’t help to be envious of him.
嫉妒他是没有用的。
581. I can already tell that I won’t like him.
我已经可以说,我不喜欢他。
582. It sounds like you are jealous.
听起来你吃醋了。
583. I just don’t like the idea of you spending so much time with that guy.
我就是不喜欢你和那个人经常呆在一起。
584. No matter how much I study I can’t seem to beatx you.
不管我怎么努力学习,我总是不能超过你。
585. I guess my envy makes me get carried away.
我猜想是我的嫉妒心使我有点过分了。

【生词解读】
1. Jealousy [5dVelEsi] n. 妒忌;猜忌
2. cute [kju:t] a. 漂亮的,可爱的;小巧玲珑的
3. jealous [5dVelEs] a. 妒忌的
4. beat [bi:t] v.打败,胜过

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson38:Sorrow悲伤

556. I’m so sorry this has happened to you.
你发生了这种事情,我感到很难过。
557. I can’t deal with this right now.
我现在应付不了这个。
558. This is awful.
这太糟糕了。
559. Are you crying?
你在哭吗?
560. I’ll be okay in a moment.
我过一会儿就没事了。
561. I miss

my wife.
我想念我的妻子。
562. These pictures make me sad.
这些照片让我伤心。
563. He’s still grievingv for her.
他还在为她伤心。
564. She hasn’t gotten over the death of her child.
她还没有从丧子的打击中恢复过来。
565. I just don’t feel like talking about it.
我只是不想谈这个。
566. Why are you so upset?
你为什么这么沮丧?
567. I feel like my heart is breaking.
我感觉我的心碎了。
568. I’m not in the mood to talk right now.
我现在没心情谈话。
569. I’m really upset right now and I think I’d rather be alone.
我现在心情很不好,我想一个人呆一会儿。
570. In these cases, time to heal is the only thing that can help.
在这些情况下,只有时间能让你恢复过来。

【生词解读】
1. sorrow [5sCrEu] n. 悲痛,悲哀,悲伤,忧伤
2. grieve [5^ri:v] v. (使)悲痛

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson37:Flattery奉承

541. You haven’t aged one bit.
你一点也没有变老。
542. That dress looks marvelous on you.
你穿那衣服棒极了。
543. Don’t try to impress me with flattery.
别企图用奉承来给我留下好印象。
544. I’m not fooled by your false compliments.
我不会被你的虚假的称赞所欺骗。
545. You played that piece wonderfully.
你把那首曲子演奏得很好。
546. You sing like an angel.
你唱起歌来像个天使。
547. He’s the best ball player I have ever seen.
他是我见过的最好的球员。
548. You are our most valuable worker.
你是我们最有价值的工人。
549. We are very impressed with your work.
我们对你的工作很满意。
550. You have the best yard in the neighborhood.
你家的院子是这附近最好的。
551. You are just the person I was hoping to run into.
你就是我想遇见的人。
552. Because your smile brightens up my day.
因为你的微笑使我的日子都明媚起来了。
553. Can’t I just enjoy your company?
我可以和你在一起吗?
554. I really like that dress you are wearing.
我真的很喜欢你穿的这件衣服。
555. I just wanted to let you know how well I think you are running the office.
我只是想跟你说,你把办公室管理得很好。

【生词解读】
1. flattery [5flAtEri] n. 谄媚;奉承
2. marvelous [5mB:v[l[s] a. 【口】妙极的;了不起的
3. impress [im5pres] v. 给......极深的印象
4. compliment [5kCmplimEnt] n赞美的话;恭维;敬意
5. brighten [5braitn] vi明亮,变明亮;闪亮,生辉

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson36:Ridicule嘲笑

526. He’s always making mistakes.
他总是犯错误。
527. Does she always dress that badly?
她总是穿得那么邋遢的吗?
528. You are such an idiotv.
你真是个白痴。
529. What you are saying is ridiculousw.
你说的话很荒唐。
530. His argument is nonsense.
他的论

点毫无道理。
531. He is an awfuly actor.
他是个很糟糕的演员。
532. That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
那是我听到过的最愚蠢的事情。
533. He is the worst worker here.
他是这里最糟糕的工人。
534. This poem is awful.
这首诗很差劲。
535. Your music is hurting my ears.
你的音乐简直刺痛了我的耳朵。
536. Then why was everyone laughing at me?
那为什么每个人都在笑话我呢?
537. They were having fun at my expense.
他们是在拿我开心。
538. I don’t like the embarrassment.
我不喜欢难堪。
539. Then that’s too bad, because I’m never going to put myself through that ordeal{ again.
那太糟糕了,因为我再也不会让自己经受那样的折磨了。
540. Last week, I did something really dumb| and everyone laughed.
上个星期,我干了一件大傻事,大家都笑我。

【生词解读】
1. ridicule [5ridikju:l] n.&v. 嘲笑,揶揄,奚落
2. idiot [5idiEt] n. 白痴
3. ridiculous [ri5dikjulEs] a. 可笑的,荒谬的;滑稽的
4. nonsense [5nCnsEns] n. 胡说;胡闹,愚蠢的举动
5. awful [5C:ful] a. 【口】极坏的,极糟的
6. stupid [5stju:pid] a. 愚蠢的,笨的
7. ordeal [C:5di:l] n. 严峻考验;苦难,折磨
8. dumb [dQm] a. 【口】愚笨的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson35:Deception欺骗

511. You tricked me!
你骗了我!
512. I was deceived in this business deal.
在这次生意中,我受骗了。
513. His words were very deceptive.
他的话很有欺骗性。
514. You allowed yourself to be deceived.
你让你自己受骗了。
515. Don’t be fooled by his friendly words.
别被他的花言巧语所迷惑。
516. He was completely fooled by his enemy.
他完全被敌人欺骗了。
517. Don’t let appearances deceive you.
别让外表欺骗了你。
518. You can’t fool me that easily.
你不能那么轻易地欺骗我。
519. He was tricked out of his money.
他被骗钱了。
520. I can’t believe I was such a fool.
我简直不敢相信我竟是这样一个傻瓜。
521. She would have contacted my parents if I couldn’t have come up with a good excuse.
如果我给不出一个好的理由,她就会联系我父母。
522. It’s only a white lie, so it’s no big deal.
这只是一个无恶意的小谎言,没什么大不了的。
523. My consciencey would weigh heavily on me.
我的良心会狠狠地谴责我的。
524. I had to make something up so I wouldn’t get into trouble.
我必须编造些理由才能避免惹上麻烦。
525. Are you sure that you had to be dishonest?
你确定你是迫不得已才撒谎的吗?

【生词解读】
1. deception [di5sepFEn] n. 欺骗,欺诈
2. trick [trik] v. 哄骗
3. deceive [di5si:v] v. 欺骗,蒙蔽
4. deceptive [di5septiv] a. 迷惑的,

骗人的
5. conscience [5kCnFEns] n. 良心;道义心;善恶观念
6. dishonest [dis5Cnist] a. 不诚实的,不正直的;欺诈的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson34:Worries担忧

496. I’m worried about next week’s test.
我担心下个星期的测验。
497. Don’t worry about me.
别为我担心。
498. I’m worried for your safety.
我担心你的安全。
499. Your driving concerns me.
我担心你的行驶安全。
500. He doesn’t seem concerned about his health.
他好象对自己的健康毫不关心。
501. It’s nothing that you should worry about.
你无须担心任何事情。
502. His actions have always been a worry to me.
他的行为总是让我担心。
503. This new information is very worrisome.
这条新的信息很令人不安。
504. I’m a little concerned about the expense of this meal.
我有点担心这顿饭的花费。
505. He is a real worry to his mother.
他的母亲很担心他。
506. I’ve got some money troubles.
我的手头有些拮据。
507. I’m a musician and I often don’t have regular jobs.
我是个音乐家,经常没有固定的工作。
508. I’m good at English and history, but I’m really awful at the natural sciences.
我的英语和历史都很好,但是自然科学却很糟糕。
509. I can’t get rid of my worries.
我不能摆脱忧虑。
510. I know I’m being silly, but I’ll worry about her for the rest of my life.
我知道我这样很傻,但是我这辈子都会为她担心的。

【生词解读】
1. worry [5wQri] v.&n. 烦恼;焦虑;担心
2. concern [kEn5sE:n] v. 使担心;使不安
3. worrisome [5wQrisEm] a. 令人烦恼的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson33:Reproach责备

481. You need to stop being late to work.
你上班不能再迟到了。
482. He reproached Tom for his careless work.
他批评了汤姆工作粗心。
483. The teacher admonishedv the whole class for their grades.
老师就成绩问题警告了全班同学。
484. I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。
485. That’s not a good idea.
那不是个好主意。
486. That is not okay.
那样不行。
487. I can’t believe you just did that.
我简直不能相信,你竟会那样做。
488. That was disgustingw.
那太令人恶心了。
489. You are very rude.
你太粗鲁了。
490. You can’t act that way in public.
你不能在公众场合那样做。
491. You would have had plenty of time to finish if you had started the book report when I first gave the assignment.
如果我刚布置作业的时侯你就开始写的话,你就有足够的时间完成读书报告了。
492. I must admit that I’m very disappointed in you.
我必须承认,我对你非常失望。
493. You need to take this more seriously.
你得严肃对待这事。
494. You have no right to get on my case.
你无权干涉我的

事情。
495. I don’t think you do. We are all depending on each other to do our parts.
我不这样认为。我们要互相依靠,各尽其职。

【生词解读】
1. reproach [ri5prEutF] n.&v. 责备
2. admonish [Ed5mCniF] v. 告诫;警告
3. disgusting [dIs`^QstIN] a. 令人作呕的;十分讨厌的,可憎的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson32:Threat威胁

466. That dog is very threatening.
那条狗非常吓人。
467. The idea of change threatens some people.
改变让一些人感到不安。
468. He was warned about a possible threat.
有人警告了他可能的威胁。
469. Predatorsx were a threat to the herd.
食肉动物对牧群是个威胁。
470. His crops were threatened by the lack of rain.
雨水稀少威胁到了他的庄稼。
471. Are you threatening me?
你在威胁我吗?
472. People can act violently if they feel threatened.
人们在受到威胁时会变得暴力。
473. My cat is no threat to anybody.
我的猫不会威胁到任何人。
474. This wind is threatening to become a storm.
这阵风快要变成暴风雨了。
475. His tone of voice held a subtle threat.
他语气中带有威胁的意味。
476. If you aren’t home exactly on time tonight, we are going to have to punish you.
如果你今晚不按时回家,我们就不得不惩罚你了。
477. If you come home late, then you won’t be able to talk on the phone for two weeks.
如果你回家晚了的话,你将两个星期不许打电话。
478. Give me everything or I will use my gun.
把所有东西都给我,否则我就开枪了。
479. Don’t try to call for help until I’ve long gone, otherwise I’ll have to hurt you.
在我走远之前不要企图呼救,否则我就不得不伤你了。
480. If you don’t work late tonight, then don’t bother coming back to work at all.
如果你今晚不加班的话,以后都不用来上班了。

【生词解读】
1. threat [Wret] n. 威胁,恐吓
2. threatening [`WretEniN] a. 胁迫的;险恶的
3. threaten [5Wretn] v. 威胁,恐吓
4. predator [5predEtE] n. 食肉动物;掠夺者

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson31:SHAME羞耻

451. You should be ashamedu of yourself.
你该为自己感到羞耻。
452. His behavior was shamefulv.
他的行为可耻。
453. He has disgracedw his entire family.
他让全家蒙羞。
454. She is a disgrace to her country.
她是她祖国的耻辱。
455. I feel very ashamed for what I did.
我为我的行为感到羞愧。
456. I want to apologize for the shame I have brought on this school.
我想为我给学校带来的耻辱而道歉。
457. He blushedx with shame.
他羞得满脸通红。
458. That man has no shame.
那个人不知羞耻。
459. He couldn’t hide his embarrassmenty.
他隐藏不住自己的尴尬。
460. His shame was evident to everyone.
人人都知道

他的羞耻事。
461. I lied to my parents and now I feel very guilty.
我骗了我父母,现在感到很内疚。
462. I feel so ashamed of myself.
我为自己感到很羞愧。
463. I can’t believe I fell flat on my face at the recital.
我简直不敢相信,我的演奏会完全失败了。
464. I’m so ashamed and embarrassed.
我感到很羞愧难堪。
465. I don’t think I can face my friends and family.
我想我无法面对我的朋友和家人。

【生词解读】
1. ashamed [E5Feimd] a. 羞愧的,感到难为情的
2. shameful [5FeimfEl] 可耻的,丢脸的
3. disgrace [dis5^reis] n.&v. 丢脸,耻辱;使丢脸
4. blush [blQF] vi. (因害羞,尴尬等而)脸红
5. embarrassment [im5bArEsmEnt] n. 窘;难堪

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson30:HATRED憎恨

436. I hate going to work.
我讨厌工作。
437. Hatred often comes from ignorancev and fear.
仇恨通常源于无知和恐惧。
438. It’s wrong to hate people from different cultures.
仇恨来自不同文化背景的人是不对的。
439. She gave him a hatefulw look.
她恶狠狠地看了他一眼。
440. His voice was full of hatex.
他的声音充满了憎恨。
441. Hate can feel very powerful.
憎恨可以是一种强烈的感情。
442. Hatred makes it difficult to forgivey.
憎恨让人难以原谅他人。
443. I loathez that man.
我讨厌那个人。
444. He despises{ everything about France.
他鄙视法国的一切。
445. She hates the color yellow.
她讨厌黄颜色。
446. I just don’t feel like running into him.
我就是不想碰上他。
447. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way.
他有些地方就是让我感到不对劲。
448. I hate that, because it is very impolite.
我讨厌那样,因为很不礼貌。
449. I just saw someone who I’d rather not be around.
我刚看见了一个我不愿看见的人。
450. I can’t stand him.
我受不了他。

【生词解读】
1. hatred [5heitrid] n. 憎恨,憎恶;敌意
2. ignorance [5i^nErEns] n. 无知,不学无术;愚昧
3. hateful [5heitfEl] a. 可恨的,可憎的,讨厌的
4. hate [heit] n. 仇恨,憎恨;厌恶,反感
5. forgive [fE5^iv] v. 原谅,宽恕
6. loathe [lEuT] v. 厌恶,憎恨
7. despise [di5spaiz] v. 轻视,鄙视


新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson29:BOREDOM无聊

421. This book bores me.
这本书让我感到乏味。
422. Do you find this class boring?
你觉得这堂课闷吗?
423. This movie isn’t very interesting.
这部电影不是很有趣。
424. I’m not interested in this conversation.
我对这次谈话不感兴趣。
425. Holidays with my relatives tend to be boring.
和我的亲戚在一起度过假期是很无聊的事情。
426. He looks pretty bored right now.
他现在看起来很无聊。
427.

Am I boring you?
我令你感到厌烦吗?
428. No one expected the play to be this boring.
没有人想到演出会如此乏味。
429. Why do you think this is dull?
你为什么认为这很乏味?
430. This cannot get anymore dull.
这再乏味不过了。
431. This kind of weather is very depressingx.
这样的天气真令人压抑。
432. I was bored out of my mind.
我感到无聊极了。
433. I just watched a dull movie and called it a night early.
我看了一部没劲的影片,然后就睡了。
434. I’m usually pretty bored.
我通常都感觉很无聊。
435. In class, I have nothing to do.
在课堂上,我无事可做。

【生词解读】
1. boredom [5bC:dEm] n. 无聊;厌倦
2. bore [bC:] v. 使厌烦,烦扰
3. dull [dQl] a. 乏味的,单调的,令人生厌的
4. depressing [di5presiN] a. 令人沮丧的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson28:ANGER愤怒

406. I’m so mad at you right now.
我现在很生你的气。
407. He was enragedu by the accident.
他对这次事故大为恼火。
408. Your mom is going to be furiousv when she finds out what happened.
你母亲发现发生了什么事情之后会大发雷霆的。
409. My boss was pretty upsetw at me today.
我老板今天很生我的气。
410. I need to better control my temper.
我需要更好地控制我的脾气。
411. My uncle has a pretty bad temper.
我叔叔的脾气很坏。
412. It won’t help anything if you get angry.
你生气也于事无补。
413. His face was red with anger.
他的脸都气红了。
414. Mistakes are often made in the heat of anger.
愤怒经常会导致错误。
415. Why are you so angry with me?
你为什么生我的气?
416. You seem upset, has something happened?
你看起来很不高兴,发生什么事情了吗?
417. Tom and I were supposed to meet at the movie theatre, but he never showed up.
我和汤姆说好在电影院见面的,但他没来。
418. Maybe I won’t stop being friends with him, but I’m still going to tell him off.
也许我不会和他绝交,但我要好好说他一顿。
419. I was simply too mad to think straight.
我当时太生气,没仔细想。
420. I’ve never been so furious in my entirex life!
我一生当中从来没这么生气过。

【生词解读】
1. enrage [in5reidV] v. 激怒;使愤怒
2. furious [5fjuEriEs] a. 狂怒的
3. upset [Qp5set] a. 心烦的,苦恼的
4. entire [in5taiE] a. 全部的,整个的

新英语900句之生活篇 Lesson27:DISAPPOINTMENT失望

391. I didn’t get the job I wanted.
我没有得到我想要的工作。
392. I’m really disappointedv in this movie.
这部电影真是令我失望。
393. The team’s performance was disappointingw.
这个队的表现令人失望。
394. I hate to disappointx you.
我很不愿让你失望。
395. This meal is rather disappointing.

相关文档
最新文档