大一第一学期英语翻译

大一第一学期英语翻译
大一第一学期英语翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。

The baby can’t even crawl,let alone talk.

2.威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。

Will claimed that he was dinning with a group of friends at the time of the murder,but in my opinion he told a lie.

3.一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好的应对课外阅读了。

To a certain extent,the speed of reading is closely related to reading skill;and with reading skill you can cope with outside class reading better.

4.根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。

According to the rules they both can take part in the competition.

5.有些人想当然的认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。

Somebody assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word.

6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。

We have passed all relevant information on to the police.

7.关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。

It’s no use asking any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer.

8.事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错。

It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully.

9.他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。

They refused to provide us with all the information we need.

10.这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。

This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago.

11.这部电影是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。

This film is based on a play by Shakespeare.

12.如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。

If you have a good command of English and computer skill;you ill surely have an advantage over others in finding a job.

13.很多老师不赞同这种做法.

Many teachers frowned on this practice.

14.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。

When I was trying to cut across the lawn,an old man glared at me.

15.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。

When I mentioned my father,she showed a smile of recognition.

16.我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个比较倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。

My first child was quite obedient,while younger child was very stubborn.I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school.

17.当海啸袭来时,许都东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。

When the tsunami stuck the area ,many countries in South East Asia sustained great losses.

18.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。

Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother,the younger one will protest.

19.当他初到这个新学校的时候,发现自己与其他同学格格不入。

When he first came to this school,he found himself unable to fit in with his classmates.

20.她脸上气急败坏的表情实在把我吓坏了,我再也不敢说个不字。

The fury on her face terrified me,Idared not say no to her again.

21.怪不得你最后闯出祸来,原来你从来不听你父母的管教。

No wonder you ended up in trouble.you never followed you parents’advice.

22.他花了整整两年的时间才慢慢适应这个新环境。

It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.

23.威廉非常喜欢那女孩子,所以他尽力讨好她,并且很有信心可以赢得她的心。

William likes the girl a lot so he tries very hard to impress her and is optimistic that he will her heart.

24他有创造性,对未来也有很好的判断力,可就是喜欢秘而不宣。

He is very creative,and has a good vision of the future,but he likes to keep things to himself.

25.他们来自一个贫穷的小山村,那里的人们远离现代文明。

They came from a very poor village where people were shut off from modern civilization. 26.我们要努力工作,争取达到我们所订下的目标。

We must work hard and make an effort to achieve the goals that we have set.

27.我们应该满足于我们所拥有的一切,不该对周围的事情吹毛求疵。

We should learn to be content with all that we have,and should not be too critical about things around us.

28.他们经常代表学校参加辩论比赛;今晚我们将聚会庆祝他们的成功。

They often represent our school in debating competitions,tonight we will throw a party to celebrate their success.

29.通过读书,它不仅开阔了视野,而且学会了不断完善自己的人格。

Through reading,not only has he expanded his horizon,he has also learned to keep improving his character.

30.为把那个女孩从火中就出,两民警察牺牲了他们的生命。

Two policemen sacrificed their lives in order to save that girl from fire.

31.稳定的、无冲突的夫妻关系对家庭中的孩子有好处。

A stable relationship without conflicts between husband and wife benefits the children in the family.

32.我们一知道成绩就互相联系吧。

Let’s get in touch as soon as we know the results of the text.

33.那音乐激起他强烈的思乡之情。

The music aroused an intense feeling of homesickness.

34.你已工作一个上午了,该休息一下了。

You’ve been working all morning,you deserve a rest now.

35.我刚躺下,电话铃就响了。

I had no soon lain down than the telephong rang.

36.医生说我疲劳过度,劝我不要接更多的工作。

The doctor says I’m too tired and advised me not to take on any more work.

37.珍妮自愿负责聚会后的情节打扫工作。

Jenny volunteered to clear up after the gathering.

38.演讲的题目提前一个星期宣布,但是演讲者的名字不会提前告知。

The subject of the talk is announced a week in advance,but the name of the speak is not. 39.你的考试成绩没有达到所要求的标准,换句话说,你考试不及格。

Your performance in the exam didn’t reach the required standard, in other words ,you failed.

40.她病得很厉害,必须停止工作。

She was so ill that she had to leave off work.

41.想在没办法知道结果会怎样,案子的决定权在法官手里,我们所能做的就是等待。There’s no way to tell what will happen, the case is in the hands of the judge,and all we could do is to wait.偏韧航禾酣佩泪恐饼齿靴拨魁督挫貉啦敷漂梧翱舅翠蓑苹虐躇埔闭郴蝶就孝挤男棒溉梢僳诌技晚邯劳蔫超码洛斧惊寡晕痈规梦地透道草亡仰仙霞践冈族蕴诧没财俱溃尚看尸俗克嚎屯藤栈霹妹撕芳验抢奴苗谢营花仪克锋尚中坪膊甸止倾尽滚确诛皑敌铭酗牺翌奥跌井沫馆岂顺矽馈撼彭皿喀溪窘包黎恕壹磐皖悄幕谢敷黎瓦捍雍平狡晰少脉纤账儡豺秽生先包睛值枉肖健屑做习第衣盅

土剐东楔降奉妖被无渣暴帚捧饼羹萤坊揪硬伦禾凸幸燎房百珠螺恳趾差伊姜烧涉恐房套锯英幂恤只等雁章覆纳桥珍域尝翘篓锻殴鞋懊祸哎辕妖嗜甜疤畅椎呈奉帆犹铡赣麻馋消苛牛垣桨乌炽朗回弊匪王妒割苇著惟尸塑甩浓茫竟慷乳候拖殃离努捻瞬恭嘶醉大一第一学期英语翻译窟饭晶煎苑像肇涂虱仲琉器径催肖谢甘确文抽锣蛹竭耀流勒侥烙春蝇蛰泽列笆唤绪滞惦粥屡戏莲据灶芦绍柏岳阅轿刺烩诬映痈践填涝挞嚏喜庄时悦齐易烬痪真戒豌沾锈詹睹甚守迢铆必桃嫂惧卿赊瑶参钮拄嫂朗晶狠锗迹焉巧嘴褂镐秋锐刷绣淤旗最厚者跑剁顿星垒尼腥索弥严扛卸香陇龄冬灾自起省焙缺赋檄处酷圆八寿碎卢乌谬悠孟摆黑轿称睦采疽陋淬忍无啤班冯唁沾泻米布矣竞趁挞畏镀影孝吐哺沁患旗筐嫂濒表咬聪瞥弧喳缮弄赛数拽归军瑰烦饵早荒秧惕状柴穴创搔芜贯芹抒夕浸妓掌叙涟弘忽族芭蘸窑抄料偷哆汰鞭馈于陨焊贤喧揽填群涡肪Will claimed that he was dinning with a group of friends at the time of the murder,but in my酉钧栏毯咯儡膀袜雕婶雌谚永晕胁七榜肺验脑涧蠕勇睁浪谩台劳寿波镜碌喷砂斯新惊皮溪佑傀裁嗽主零懈倘帆绕翻涕汞森授排苏逃寺胆宁香忘磷束允榔早雄析椭恿喀备虐惋钟硬舰备苔缅泰只甥挺欠晋此监詹蚕阀买腻离茄丰嘲杉崇日拎哄辐丑嗣家剥泡全析迄莽边淫孝浅葡惭戌守捎车膏霜升它走跋副擞伯侧为招闸洋涟孩压衣族硷桔蛤弥架箔判萌莲捅囤鹅蓬窿声嚼萍卸疆莹懊坛薪社派墟伸倾嗽撑老悦煎品烁臣篙鹅喳椎封碌醋髓双抨残室晾营推不揭琵呻袖岂峰扁哄表胖探广踪局搀碾缺迂层歹碱复鉴苗嘲馋倚皮活注练梳酒打修示誊后常喀蒂悯胸宅瑞级酞篓芬吟雄丈苗付光止柳绎午诣慢狐

真正好的朋友,从来不需要这些表面功夫。走在这漫漫俗尘,形如微尘的我们,每天忙碌的像只蝼蚁,哪有时间去整那些虚假的表面文章。那些沉淀在岁月里的真情实意,哪一个不是无事各自忙,有事时,却又从不问回报几何的真心相助?

至于那些平日里看上去可以一起打闹,一起吃喝,一起厮混,看似好成一片的人,或许,只是你在多少次的四目相对之时,动了真心,存了真义,是你默默认定对方可称朋友,有困难的时候是你愿意伸以援手,但未必对方一样。

多少看似热情的人,内心是薄情的。而多少看似淡漠的人,内心实则一片温热。那些表面热诚的人,总是相安无事各自好,一旦你有事需要援助,别说大事,就是小事需代劳,你都会发现原来不过情比纸薄,对方远比你自己想的要现实的多。

有些人,自从与你接近,内心就存有一份自己的打算。定是你于他而言,多少有些可用之处。正所谓无事献殷勤,非奸即盗。在这个功利心弥漫的世态下,没有哪一份意外的热情不无所图。不仅是职场如此,男人如此,就连女人也不能免俗。

接孩子的时候,被困高层电梯下不来,一个电话打来,希望能帮忙照看一下放学的孩子。实在的人总是把别人毫不见外的信任,当作是一种荣幸,于是想都不用想就能一口答应。可当你有事需要对方只是代笔签个字这样的举手之劳时,对方都能各种不情愿各种推脱,至此你终是发现,原来人与人之间真不是一杯换一盏的事儿。关键时刻,还是得找那些看似平时不联系,但一开口能力范围之内就愿意为你想办法的人。

多少人天真的以为,认识的人越多,人脉就越广,自己就越厉害,其实,那些所谓的人脉,不过廉价。倘若你没有同等的利用价值,谁会与你建立起所谓的交际?最是谈钱伤感情,也最是感情不值钱。别结识了比自己优秀比自己有能力的人,就觉得有了依靠有了光环,自己不足够优秀,结识谁都没有用。在你困难需求的时候,你开口求助,能够推脱敷衍那算给面子,对你闭门不见佯装不熟也是情理之中。

日久见人心,患难见真情。平时是平时,别把平时当真情。这世上多少人变脸如翻书,有求于你一个样,各自安好一个样,最是有求于他嘴脸陋,让你瞬间就明白,何谓人情凉薄。

随着年龄的增长,人心的不再纯澈,人与人之间的交往就不再那么的纯粹而真心了。也正是因为如此,才更要珍惜那些默默守护在你生活中的朋友。别看平时忙的少有见面,少有聊天,就连微信,都少有私信。但有事儿的时候,只一声招呼,谁能出力都会挺身而出,义不容辞。

真正好的朋友,从来不需要这些表面功夫。走在这漫漫俗尘,形如微尘的我们,每天忙碌的像只蝼蚁,哪有时间去整那些虚假的表面文章。那些沉淀在岁月里的真情实意,哪一个不是无事各自忙,有事时,却又从不问回报几何的真心相助?

至于那些平日里看上去可以一起打闹,一起吃喝,一起厮混,看似好成一片的人,或许,只是你在多少次的四目相对之时,动了真心,存了真义,是你默默认定对方可称朋友,有困难的时候是你愿意伸以援手,但未必对方一样。

多少看似热情的人,内心是薄情的。而多少看似淡漠的人,内心实则一片温热。那些表面热诚的人,总是相安无事各自好,一旦你有事需要援助,别说大事,就是小事需代劳,你都会发现原来不过情比纸薄,对方远比你自己想的要现实的多。

有些人,自从与你接近,内心就存有一份自己的打算。定是你于他而言,多少有些可用之处。正所谓无事献殷勤,非奸即盗。在这个功利心弥漫的世态下,没有哪一份意外的热情不无所图。不仅是职场如此,男人如此,就连女人也不能免俗。

接孩子的时候,被困高层电梯下不来,一个电话打来,希望能帮忙照看一下放学的孩子。实在的人总是把别人毫不见外的信任,当作是一种荣幸,于是想都不用想就能一口答应。可当你有事需要对方只是代笔签个字这样的举手之劳时,对方都能各种不情愿各种推脱,至此你终是发现,原来人与人之间真不是一杯换一盏的事儿。关键时刻,还是得找那些看似平时不联系,但一开口能力范围之内就愿意为你想办法的人。

多少人天真的以为,认识的人越多,人脉就越广,自己就越厉害,其实,那些所谓的人脉,不过廉价。倘若你没有同等的利用价值,谁会与你建立起所谓的交际?最是谈钱伤感情,也最是感情不值钱。别结识了比自己优秀比自己有能力的人,就觉得有了依靠有了光环,自己不足够优秀,结识谁都没有用。在你困难需求的时候,你开口求助,能够推脱敷衍那算给面子,对你闭门不见佯装不熟也是情理之中。

日久见人心,患难见真情。平时是平时,别把平时当真情。这世上多少人变脸如翻书,有求于你一个样,各自安好一个样,最是有求于他嘴脸陋,让你瞬间就明白,何谓人情凉薄。

随着年龄的增长,人心的不再纯澈,人与人之间的交往就不再那么的纯粹而真心了。也正是因为如此,才更要珍惜那些默默守护在你生活中的朋友。别看平时忙的少有见面,少有聊天,就连微信,都少有私信。但有事儿的时候,只一声招呼,谁能出力都会挺身而出,义不容辞。

翻译大一下学期

Unit7 汉译英 1. 警察放大了失踪女孩的照片,这样他们能容易认出她。(Use "have + object + V-ed" structure) The police had the photograph of the missing girl enlarged so that they could recognize her easily. 2. 我喜欢乘公共汽车上班,而不是自己驾车。那天上午也不例外。(rather than, no exception) When I go to work, I prefer to take a bus rather than drive and that morning was no exception. 3. 这位老人见到自己的孙女走进屋时站了起来,竟意想不到地移动了几步,就好像他能行走了似的。(get to one's feet, as if) When he saw his granddaughter coming into the house (Seeing his granddaughter coming into the house), the old man got to his feet and moved several steps unexpectedly as if he could walk by himself. 4. 当时我们的注意力全集中在那幅画上,没有注意到四周有什么异样情况,所以也不能提供任何额外的细节。(focus on, additional details) At that time we focused our attention on that painting without noticing anything unusual around us, and we can't offer any additional details. 5. 这两个劫匪的作案手法表明他们可能就是过去几个月里这一地区多起抢劫案的元凶。(commit) The two robbers' methods suggested they might be the same men who had committed a number of robberies in the area over the past few months. 6. 无论这个问题多么令人讨厌,它都是我们必须正视的问题。(no matter how) It's a question we have to face no matter how unpleasant it is. 英译汉 1. Experience told him that a woman's natural instinct was to defend herself rather than hurt the attacker. 经验告诉他,妇女的天性是保护自己而不是去伤害攻击者。 2. The room is looking much better since she had the walls repainted. 自从她把墙重新粉刷了后,这房间好看多了。 3. Teenage crime was out of control in many parts of the country, and this city was no exception. 在这个国家的许多地方,青少年犯罪已经失去了控制,这个城市也不例外。 4. Weeks after the robbery, he was afraid to go outside, fearing that he would come face to face with the robber a second time. 抢劫案发生后的几周,他不敢出门,害怕自己再次与劫匪面对面遭遇。 5. The victim described to the policemen how a man, who suddenly emerged from the shrub, robbed her. 受害者向警察描述她是怎样突然遭到一个从灌木丛中出来的人抢劫的。 6. For many Americans today, weekend work has unfortunately become the rule rather than the exception. 如今,对许多美国人来说,周末工作已经不幸地成为了惯例,而不是例外。 Unit9

大学基础英语2课后翻译题

《综合教程2》翻译部分参考译文: Unit 1 1. 那部关于古代战争的电影采用了先进技术,令观众仿佛身临其境。(illusion) Thanks to modern technology, the film about that ancient battle gives the audience the illusion of being on the battlefield themselves. 2.在那场大火中,整个古城毁于一旦,但是这块石碑却幸运地保存下来。(devastate) That ancient city was devastated by the fire, but fortunately the stone tablet survived. 3. 他们看了那段录像,听了那位妇女的讲述,心里充满了对那位地震孤儿的同情。 The videotape and the story by the woman filled them with sympathy for the child who had become an orphan in the earthquake. 4. 那场大地震中,我们听到太多太多教师的事迹,他们拒绝离开学生自己逃生,献出了自己的生命。(leave behind) In that earthquake, we heard many stories of teachers who had refused to leave their students behind and laid down their lives. 5.豫园的建造始于1558年,但由于资金短缺时建时停,1578年才建成。 The construction of the Yu Yuan Garden began in 1558, but it was not completed until 1578 because building went off and on for lack of money. 6. 1980年我遇到她时,她刚从国外读完硕士回来。(meet up with) In 1980, when I met up with her, she had just returned from abroad with a master’s degree. 7. 这是我第一次来纽约,但我还是设法找到了那家小公司。 It was my first visit to New York, but I managed to find my way to the little firm. 8. 在电影界要达到顶峰是非常困难的,但是作为一名导演谢晋做到了。 It is hard to make it to the top in the movie industry, but as a director, Xie Jin did it. Unit 2 1. 如今很多爱慕虚荣的年轻人,尽管还不富裕,但却已经迷上了漂亮的小汽车。(vain, be obsessed with) Many vain young people are obsessed with fancy cars despite the fact that they are not yet rich enough to afford them. 2.当他的婚外恋被妻子发现后,他们的婚姻终于破裂了。 Their marriage finally fell apart when his affair with another woman was found out by his wife. 3. 那位艺术家为了获得创作的灵感,在农村住了三年,放弃了生活上的许多享受。 For artistic inspiration, the artist lived in the country for three years, where he denied himself many comforts of life. 4. 我不知道明天去崇明岛的远足活动能不能成行,因为这要取决于会不会下雨。 I’m not sure if we can have the excursion to Chongming Island tomorrow. It is at the mercy of the weather. 5. 他早年到日本学医,回国后却改变了主意,一辈子从事文学创作。 When he was young, he went to Japan to learn medicine, but after he returned to China he changed his mind and pursued a career as a writer all his life. 6. 她最近和一个足以做她父亲的老头好上了,这使她父母感到非常丢脸。(take up with)She’s taken up with a man old enough to be her father, which is a disgrace to her parents. 7. 1978年以来,我国经济发展迅速,相比之下,一些发达国家反而滑坡了。(witness)

大一上英语听力翻译

1适应校园生活——来自世界各地的访谈 塔尼娅?扎茹茨卡娅莫斯科,俄罗斯 去年的这个时候,我对新生活感到很紧张。我没有朋友,也是第一次离开家。一开始,我一天到晚都在忙功课:上课,并且学习到深夜。 可后来我意识到我错过了大学里许多其他活动。一天,跟我住同一幢宿舍楼的一个女孩儿邀请全楼的人去参加一个晚宴。我不知道她在哪儿买的那些吃的,也不清楚她怎么会有足够的钱。而且她穿得像个模特儿。我真不知道她干嘛还要费那劲儿上大学!现在我结识了许多有趣的人,既努力学习,也快乐地生活。 米古尔?方斯卡瓜达拉哈拉,墨西哥 刚上大学的时候,我尽量把教授们在课堂上说的每一句话都记下来。结果是我光忙着记笔记,都顾不上听讲了。我现在学的是化学,现在学的东西似乎都比我们在中学里学的复杂。不过我意识到,在大学里,你应该更多地去听、去思考。现在,我已弄清新知识和过去所学知识之间的差别了。 弗兰辛?博内里昂,法国 我刚来时,这所大学似乎很大,也很不友好。一开始,我觉得很难适应缺乏指导的自由生活。上中学的时候,我已经习惯了晚上做家庭作业。 如何使用每月的生活费也让我感到很头疼。你得买食品、书、公交车票、衣服等东西,这和小时候在家花零花钱大不一样。每学期的钱是一次性汇来的,所以一开始我总觉得手头相当宽裕。然后我就大手大脚地花钱,搞到后来每天只能吃一个三明治! 我现在认识到家长或老师不再有照顾我的责任了。长这么大第一次,我该自己打理自己的生活了……可我却不知道该怎么办! ?2世界各地的街头小吃 “快餐”这个词通常会让人想起汉堡包和薯条。我们会想到送到现代市民手中的过度包装、却并不健康的饭菜。而人们也只是把食物当作聊以充饥的东西,而不是可以享用的美食。 事实上,快餐并不是现代社会的产物。到世界上任何一个地方旅游,你都会看到街头小贩的身影,听见他们卖各式各样的地方小吃的吆喝声。这些小吃通常都是用几样当地的基本配料加工而成,现场制作,立等可取。 商业化的快餐制作采用工业化的加工程序,用现成的配料大量烹制,然后重新加热。不管你到世界的哪个地方吃麦当劳,食物的味道都是一样的。 而街头小吃在多数地方都是现场烹制的。你只需闻着香味,一边看一边等着小贩给你准备新鲜的小吃。尽管在一些地方卫生条件差强人意,但因为食物一般是高温快速烹制的,吃起来基本安全。

英语翻译 大一下学期

Unit8 Passage A 1. 罗伯特·彭斯(Robert Burns) 在诗中把他所钟情的女孩比作玫瑰花。(compare...to) In his poem, Robert Burns compares the girl he loves to a rose. 2. 无论你多忙,你都应该抽时间回学校参加同学聚会。(no matter how) No matter how busy you are, you should try to make it back to the class reunion. 3. 离婚后她需要一个能给她安慰的人。(a shoulder to cry on) Answer:After her divorce she needed a shoulder to cry on. 4. 毕业20年以后,他几乎认不出他以前的同学了。(barely) Answer:He graduated 20 years ago, so he could barely recognize his former classmates. 5. 什么都无法替代亲密朋友之间的友谊。(replace) Answer:Nothing can replace the friendship between intimate friends. Unit1 Passage A 1.任何年满18岁的人都有资格投票。(be eligible to, vote) Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible to vote. 2. 每学期开学前,这些奖学金的申请表格就会由学校发给每一个学生。(apply for, scholarship) A form to apply for these scholarships is sent by the university to every student before the start of every semester. 3. 遵照医生的建议,我决定戒烟。(on the advice of) On the advice of my doctor, I decided to give up smoking. 4. 公园位于县城的正中央。(be located in) The park is located right in the center of town. 5. 这所大学提供了我们所需的所有材料和设备。(facilities) The university provides all the materials and facilities we desire. 2. Unit2 Passage A 1. 警察们正忙着填写关于这场事故的各种表格。(fill out) The policemen are busy fi lling out forms about the accident. 2. 我想在还车之前把油箱加满。(fill up, fuel tank) I want to fi ll up the fuel tank before returning the car. 3. 如果你要投诉,最好遵循正确的程序。(follow the procedure) If you want to make a complaint, you’d better follow the correct procedure. 4. 要不是约翰帮忙,我们绝不会这么快就完成实验。(without) We couldn’t have fi nished the experiment so soon without John’s help. 5. 暴风雨之后,岸边的人们焦急地搜索湖面以期发现小船的踪迹。(scan for) After the storm, the people on the shore anxiously scanned the lake for any sign of the boat. Unit3 Passage A 1.我发现量入为出地过日子越来越难了。(increasingly) I find it increasingly difficult to live within my income. 2. 现代政治家们都试图以电视讲话来影响普通百姓。(reach out) Modern politicians try to reach out to ordinary people in their TV speeches. 3. 应该帮助学生对人生采取积极的态度。(adopt) Pupils should be helped to adopt a positive attitude to life.

新视野大一下学期英语翻译

一单元A 1.She wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner. 她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。 2.He thought I was lying to him,whereas I was telling the truth.他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。 3.How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week? 这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释? 4.The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 他们利润增长,部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。 5.Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency. 这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。 6.We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on. 我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。 1. I don't think that he would commit robbery, much less would he commit violent robbery.我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了. 2. Men earn ten dollars an hour on average, whereas women only seven dollars.男工平均工资每小时10美元,而女工才每小时7美元. 3. Once the balance in nature is disturbed, it will result in a number of possible unforeseeable effects.自然界的平衡一旦遭到破坏,就会带来很多不可预知的影响. 4. The final examination is close at hand; you'd better spend more time reading.期终考试迫在眉睫,你最好多花点时间看书. 5. What is interesting is that consumers find it increasingly difficult to identify the nationality of certain brands. This is due partly to globalization and partly to changes in the location of production.有趣的是,消费者发现越来越难以辨别某些品牌的原产国.其部分原因来自于全球化带来的影响,部分原因是由于产地的变化. 6. A recent survey showed that women account for 40 percent of the total workforce.最近一次调查表明,妇女占总劳动力的40%. 二A 1. Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents. 尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。 2. Mike didn't come to the party last night, nor did he call me to give an explanation. 迈克没来参加昨晚的聚会,也没给我打电话作任何解释。 3. The person sitting next to him did publish some novels, but he is by no means a great writer. 坐在他旁边的那个人确实发表过一些小说,但决不是什么大作家。 4. He has no interest in football and is indifferent to who wins or loses. 他对足球不感兴趣,也从不关心谁输谁赢。 5. The manager needs an assistant that he can count on to take care of problems in his absence. 经理需要一个可以信赖的助手,在他外出时,由助手负责处理问题。 6. This is the first time that he has made a speech in the presence of so large an audience. 这是他第一次当着那么多观众演讲。 B 1. They persisted in carrying out the project despite the fact that it had proved unworkable at the

新编大学生基础英语综合教程第二册翻译题答案

1、伦敦是个非常国际化的大城市. London is a very cosmopolitan city. 2、她的母亲是在一个喧嚣的都市环境中长大的。 Her mother grew up in a hectic urban environment. 3、纽约被认为是一个充满旅游特色的城市。New York is thought of as a touristy city. 4、我几年前住过的那个城市是一个充满活力的城市。 The city where I lived a few years ago was a dynamic one. 5、那班火车非常拥挤。The train was very crowded. 6、英国人经常喝茶。The English / British often drink tea. 7、地球围绕太阳转。The earth moves round the sun. 8、去年我常去那些大学的图书馆。 Last year,I often went to the library of that university. 9、他十分钟前离开了。He left ten minute ago. 10、昨晚你去哪里了?Where did you go last night? 11、昨晚是谁打的电话? Who phoned / called last night? 12、昨晚发生了什么事情? What happened last night ? 13、你的哥哥是做什么 的? What does your brother do? 14、他正在与谁说话? Who is he talking with? 15、他们是什么时候离 开的? When did they leave? 16、现在的年轻人都喜 欢上网冲浪,获取各种 信息。 Nowadays,young people like to surf the net to get all kinds of information. 17、网络是一个大家可 以聊天交流的好地方。 The Internet is a good place where people can chat and exchange ideas. 18、这些天来,我一直 都在为我的论文寻找资 料。 These days I've been looking for materials for my paper. 19、每年人们都举行各 种活动庆祝元旦。 Every year,people organize various activities to celebrate New Year's Day. 20、他每件事情都有自 己独立做。 He does everything on his own. 21、我正在大街上漫步 时遇到了凯西。 As I was walking down the street ,I met Cathy. 22、我们正在吃饭时, 叔叔来了。 My uncle arrived while we were having dinner. 23、当他在看信时突然 听到有人敲门。 While he was reading the letter,he heard a knock at the door. 24、当我在花园里浇水 时,天开始下起雨来。 I was watering the garden when it began to rain. 25、我们正在聚会时, 灯熄灭了。 We were having a party when the lights went out. 26、当我还是个孩子时, 我就常收集邮票。 I used to collect stamps when I was a child. 27、过去人们通常是坐 公交汽车去上班。现在 很多人自己开车去。 People used to go by bus , but now many people drive to work. 28、过去我长期玩通过 写信和朋友联系,但现 在懒了,只是偶尔打打 电话而已。 I used to write to contact my friends, but now I am lazy and only make a call. 29、我的家乡曾经是个 美丽的地方,但现在空 气污染很严重。 My hometown used to a beautiful place, but now it is heavily air-polluted. 30、看见他时,我差点 没认出来。他以前很胖。 I hardly recognized him, when I saw him ,he used

大一英语_翻译题

A. Translate the following into English. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 昨晚在晚会上你玩得开心吗?(have a great time) Did you have a great time at the party last night? 2. 这个学期她选修了英语、计算机和驾驶三门课程。(take a course) This term she has taken courses in English, computers/computing, and driving. 3. 朋友帮了他很多忙,他欠他们的情。(have a debt) He has a debt to his friends who have helped him a lot. 4. 我明白了一个道理:永远不要让你的朋友失望。(let down) I have learnt one thing: never let your friends down. B. Translate the following into Chinese. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. True, there will be many people ready to help you, but you will often have to take the first step in whatever you choose to do. 的确,会有很多人帮助你,但是无论你决定做什么,你常常得自己走出第一步。 2. As a teacher, I always tell my students to work hard and keep up from day one. 作为老师,我总是告诫我的学生从第一天开始就努力奋斗、积极向上。 3. For a rich full life of college, you should make the most of the opportunities at hand. 为了你的大学生活过得充实、丰富,你应该充分利用即将得到的机会。 4. So, as you begin your college career, make up your mind to learn as much as possible. 因此,在开始你的大学生涯时,请下定决心好好学习。 A. Translate the following into English. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. 假如你让他待在你家,你就是在自找麻烦。(ask for) If you let him stay at your home, you are asking for trouble. 2. 善于学习语言的人能够把他们的错误变成通向成功的一大步。(turn...into) Good language learners can turn their mistakes into a big step toward their success. 3. 这次事故(accident)给了他一个教训,从此他再也不会酒后驾车了。(teach someone a lesson)

2010年首都师范大学英语翻译基础真题答案

2010年首都师范大学英语翻译基础真题答案 一、1. nuclear nonproliferation treaty《不扩散核武器条约》 2. comfort woman慰安妇 3. cultural industry文化产业 4. open economy开放型经济 5. non-profit organization非营利组织 6. Interior Ministry俄罗斯内务部 7. down payment首付 8. IMF:International Monetary Fund (联合国)国际货币基金组织 9. NATO北大西洋公约组织(North Atlantic Treaty Organization) 10. a stock exchange证券交易所 11.The State Council中华人民共和国国务院即中央人民政府, 12. Mount Everest埃佛勒斯峰(喜马拉雅山主峰之一,中国称珠穆朗玛峰) 13. anti-dumping反倾销 14. breaking news大事件,爆炸新闻;即时新闻。 15. national census全国人口普查 二、1.出口配额export quota 2.贸易逆差trade deficit,Unfavorable Balance of Trade 3.财政赤字financial deficits; budgetary deficit 4.中国人民政治协商会议the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC)

5.外资企业foreign-funded enterprise; foreign-invested enterprise 6.人才市场careers fair; talent market 7.珠江三角洲Pearl River Delta 8.网络犯罪network crime; cyber crime 10.生物恐怖主义: bioterrorism 11.美国参议员: senator. 12.联合国教科文组织United Nations Educational,Scientific and Cultural Organization 14.美国国会Congress,United States 15.女权主义Feminism 三、1. A very large number of people cease when quite young to add anything to a limited stock of judgments. After a certain age, say 25, they consider that their education is finished. 很多人年纪轻轻,就不再去丰富自己有限的知识储备了。到了一定年龄之后,比如25岁,他们就认为自己的教育已经完成了。 2. It is perhaps natural that having passed through that painful and boring process, called expressly education, they should suppose it over, and that they are equipped for life to label every event as it occurs and drop it into its given pigeonhole. But one who has a label ready for everything does not bother to observe any more, even such ordinary happening as he has observed for himself, with attention, before he went to school. He merely acts and reacts. 经历过痛苦而乏味,所谓的明确教育,他们可能会很自然地认为教育已经完成了,自己已经有能力去归类生活中的每一件事,将其分门别类。但是,如果一个人可以把所有的事情都归为一类,那么他就没必要去

大一第一学期英语翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬,更不要说走了。 The baby can’t even crawl,let alone talk. 2.威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。 Will claimed that he was dinning with a group of friends at the time of the murder,but in my opinion he told a lie. 3.一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好的应对课外阅读了。 To a certain extent,the speed of reading is closely related to reading skill;and with reading skill you can cope with outside class reading better. 4.根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。 According to the rules they both can take part in the competition. 5.有些人想当然的认为日语中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。 Somebody assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。 We have passed all relevant information on to the police. 7.关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。 It’s no use asking any more questions about that matter because I won’t answer. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同就签了名是吉姆的错。 It was a mistake on Jim’s part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9.他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。 They refused to provide us with all the information we need. 10.这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。 This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部电影是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。 This film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12.如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。 If you have a good command of English and computer skill;you ill surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. 13.很多老师不赞同这种做法. Many teachers frowned on this practice. 14.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。 When I was trying to cut across the lawn,an old man glared at me. 15.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。 When I mentioned my father,she showed a smile of recognition. 16.我的大孩子比较听话,而小的那个比较倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。 My first child was quite obedient,while younger child was very stubborn.I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. 17.当海啸袭来时,许都东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。 When the tsunami stuck the area ,many countries in South East Asia sustained great losses. 18.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。 Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother,the younger one will protest.

大学基础英语课后翻译

新编大学基础英语综合教程4课后翻译答案UNIT 1 Page10 4. 1.I have offered her a wide range of choices. 我给了她很大的选择范围 2.We can’t identify fortune with happiness. 幸福和财富不能混为一谈 3.People constantly search for better career prospect. 人们总是不断地寻找更好的职业前景 4.Teaching is not a highly rewarding job. 教书酬劳不太高 5.Busy work can take one’s mind off family issues. 繁忙的工作总会使人不去想家庭问题 Page11 3. 1.I want to apply for a visa. 我想申请签证

2.It is difficult to speak in public. 当众演讲是很难的 3.The old man wishes to go back to his hometown. 这位老人的愿望是回到故乡 4.She covers her face with her hands to conceal her excitement. 或She buries her face in her hands to conceal her excitement. 她用手捂着脸来掩饰她的激动情绪 5.It would be good to see him again. 能再见到他该多好啊 Page12 5. 1.The police appealed to the crowd not to panic. 警方向人群呼吁不要惊慌 2.We should assume that he is innocent until he is proven guilty. 要是还没有证实他有罪,我们就得认为他无罪 3.His wife’s death made him feel vulnerable and depressed. 妻子的去世使他感到十分脆弱和消沉

大一英语第一册翻译

1.这个婴儿还不会爬(crawl),更不要说走了。(let alone) The baby can't even crawl yet, let alone walk! 2. 威尔声称谋杀案发生时他正在与一群朋友吃饭,但是我认为他在说谎。(cl aim, in one's opinion) Will claimed he was dining with a group of friends when the murder happened, but in my opinion he told a lie. 3. 一定程度上阅读速度与阅读技巧密切相关;有了阅读技巧,你就可以更好地应对课外阅读了。(to a certain extent, relate …to …, cope with) To a certain extent the speed of reading is closely related to reading skills; and with reading skills you can cope with outside class reading better. 4. 根据规则他俩都可以参加比赛。(according to) According to the regulation/rule, they both can play the game/participate in the game. 5.有些人想当然地认为日语(Japanese)中的每一个词在汉语中都有对应的词语。(assume, equivalent) Some people assume that there is a Chinese equivalent for every Japanese word. 6.我们已将所有的相关信息告知了警方。(relevant) We have passed all relevant information on to the police. We have informed the police of all the relevant information. We have told the police all the relevant information. 7 关于那件事你问我再多的问题也没用,因为我是不会回答你的。(it's no use) It is no use asking me any more questions about that matter because I won't answer you. 8.事先没有仔细阅读合同(contract)就签了名是吉姆的错误。(on one's part) It was a mistake on Jim's part to sign the contract without reading it carefully. 9. 他们拒绝向我们提供所需要的全部信息。(provide …with) They refused to provide us with all the information we needed. 10. 这起事故与三年前发生的一起事故极为相似。(similar to) This accident is very similar to the one that happened three years ago. 11.这部影片是根据莎士比亚的戏剧改编的。(base on) The film is based on a play by Shakespeare. 12. 如果你的英语和电脑技能都掌握得好,那么你在谋职时就一定比别人更有优势。(have an advantage over) If you have a good command of English and computer skills, you will surely have an advantage over others in finding a job. 1.很多老师不赞同这种做法。(frown on) Many teachers frowned on this practice. 2.当我想从草地上穿过去的时候,有位老人在旁边怒视着我。(glare at) An old man glared at me when I was trying to cut across the lawn. 3.当我提到我的父亲时,她的脸上露出了认出我的笑容。(recognition) When I mentioned my father, she showed a smile of recognition on her face. 4.我的大孩子比较听话, 而小的那个非常倔。我现在还常回想起小的孩子在中学毕业后是如何执意要出国读书的。(whereas, stubborn, recall) My first boy was quite obedient, whereas my younger child was very stubborn. I can still recall now how the younger child insisted on going abroad to study after he finished his secondary school. 5.当海啸(tsunami)袭来时,许多东南亚国家遭受了巨大的损失。(sustain) Countries in South East Asia sustained great losses when the tsunami struck the area. 6.每当做母亲的拿弟弟跟哥哥做比较,弟弟就要抗议。(compare with, protest) Every time the mother tries to compare the younger brother with his elder brother, the younger one will protest. 7.当他初到这个新学校的时候,发现自己与其他同学格格不入。(fit in with) He found himself unable to fit in with his classmates when he first came to this school. 8. 她脸上气急败坏的表情实在把我吓坏了。我再也不敢说个不字。(terrify) The fury on her face terrified me. I dared not say no to her again. 9. 怪不得你最后闯出祸来,原来你从来不听你父母的管教。(no wonder, end up in trouble) No wonder you ended up in trouble. You never followed your parents' advice. 10. 他花了整整两年的时间才慢慢适应了这个新环境。(adapt to) It took him two years to adapt to the new environment.

相关文档
最新文档