绝望主妇第五季英文剧本台词12


看绝望的主妇学英语 第五季 12集:Connect! Connect!




Previously on Desperate Housewives
previous: 以前(预先)
前情提要
-Mary Alice: A call was made.
一通电话引发危机。
-Lynette: Sweetie, where are you?
sweetie:(口语)情人,爱人,宝贝
宝贝,你在哪?
-Preston: I don't wanna tell you.
wanna=want to:仅能用于口语
我不想告诉你。
-Lynette: And if Porter doesn't show up for court, we're gonna lose our restaurant!
show up:出现 court:法院,庭院 gonna=going to将要 restaurant: 餐馆,饭店
如果Porter不出现在法庭上,我们就会赔掉餐馆!
-Preston: A guy threatens to kill your son, and that's what you're worried about?
guy: (男)人,家伙 threat: 威胁,恐吓 worry about: 担心
有人威胁要你儿子的命,你却只关心这个?
-Mary Alice: And as one love affair blossomed, another...
affair: 事件,事情,事务 blossom:开花
一段爱情开花结果,另一段却...
-Edie: You were married before?
marry: 与...结婚,结婚
你结过婚?
-Dave: She's dead.
dead: 死的
她过世了。
-Edie: I want you out of my house.
离开我的家。
-Mary Alice: Withered on the vine.
wither: 使...凋谢,枯萎,衰退 vine: 攀爬植物,藤,蔓
凋零于枝头。
-Dave: Mike Delfino has to pay for taking you away from me.
pay: 付清,报偿 take away: 带走
Mike Delfino把你们从我身边带走,他会付出代价的。
I want him to lose what I lost.
lose: 遗失,损失
我要他体验我所经历的痛苦。
-Mary Alice: It had been a long journey for David Williams
journey: 旅程,旅行,行程
David Williams已经走了很长的路,
and though it began years ago, he remembered every step of it...
begin: 开始 remember: 记得,记忆 step: 步骤,步
虽然是很多年以前的事,但他仍记得清清楚楚。
walking outside his front door to find a policeman with news of a car crash...
front door: 前门 policeman: 警察 crash: 撞碎
走出家门的脚步,却发现警察带来车祸的噩耗...
running into the hospital only to be told his wife and daughter had died...
run: 跑 hospital: 医院
冲到医院的脚步,却被告知妻女双双死亡...
-Dave: No! No! Let go of me!
不! 不! 让我走!
-Mary Alice: Being dragged into a psychiatric facility after his mental breakdown...
drag: 拖拉 psychiatric: 精神病的 facility: 设施,设备 mental: 精神的,脑力的 breakdown: 崩溃,故障
被拖进精神病研究所,那时他已经身心崩溃...
-Dave: No!
不!
-Mary Alice: Strolling into a hotel weeks after being released
stroll: 闲逛 release: 释放
出院后逡巡到酒店,
and bumping into a beautiful blonde...
bump into: 解逅相遇(巧遇,不期而遇) bump: 碰撞 blonde: 金黄色或淡色的(指人头发)
邂逅了一位金发美女...
marching down the aisle with a woman who as it turned out
march down: 沿着…前进 march: 行军 aisle: (席位间

的)通道 turn out: 结果弄清楚是(原来是)
携手走入婚姻殿堂的脚步,他的新任妻子...
once lived on the same street with the man who had killed his family.
曾和那个害死他家人的男子同住一个街道。
But his bride was now unhappy,
bride: 新娘
但如今他的新娘不再快乐。
and Dave Williams was worried that his dream of revenge had been destroyed.
revenge: 报仇,复仇 destroy: 破坏
Dave Williams担心复仇大计因此受阻。
Luckily for Dave, fate was about to take some steps of its own.
fate: 命运
幸运的是,命运的脚步眷顾了Dave。
-Mike: Hey, Dave! What's going on?
嘿,Dave! 怎么了?
-Dave: Edie and I had a fight.
fight: 对抗,打架
Edie和我吵架了。
-Mike: I take it you're giving her time to calm down?
calm down: 平静下来(镇定下来)
你这是在等她消气,是吧?
-Dave: No, I think I'm looking for a place to stay while she's looking for a lawyer.
lawyer: 律师
不是,我在找地方安顿一阵,她应该在找律师了。
-Mike: Oh, man, I...
噢,不是吧,我...
wanna say something helpful,, but all I got is "that sucks."
suck: 啜,吸,吮吸【这里表示“倒霉”】[something bad or unlike —from Oxford Advanced Dictionary]
想说些安慰的话,但临到口处只有"太衰了"。
-Dave: That it does.
也算安慰了。
-Mike: So where are you headed?
head: 朝向,前进
那你打算去哪?
-Dave: Oh, it's such a nice night, I thought I'd walk to at motel on the interstate.
motel: 汽车旅馆 interstate: 州际的
噢,今晚天气不错,我想走去州际公路找家旅馆。
Might as well enjoy the stars, while my life falls apart.
might as well: 不妨 fall apart: 崩溃
顺便看看星星,感慨我的生活如此破碎。
-Mike: It's getting late, and so, uh...
很晚了,那...
Hey, why don't you stay with me?
嘿,要不你和我住?
-Dave: Really? I, uh...
真的? 我,呃...
I wouldn't want to impose.
impose: 强迫
我不想打扰你。
-Mike: Dave, you saved my life.
Dave,你救过我命。
I owe ya.
我欠你的
-Dave: Well, now that you mention it, I guess you do.
好吧,既然你这么说,我就不客气了。
-Mike: Come on in.
进来吧。
-Mary Alice: And just like that, Dave's dream of revenge was salvaged...
salvage: 挽救
就这样,Dave的复仇之路又峰回路转...
-Dave: Lead the way, roomie.
roomie: 【口语】= roommate[亦作roomy]
你带路,室友。
-Mary Alice: And he started to feel his long journey would soon be over.
他忽然觉得,这漫长的旅程即将到达终点。
At 9:02 the next morning...
第二天一早9:02...
Edie Williams began calling her friends to let them know something humiliating had
happened to her.
humiliating: 丢脸的
Edie Williams给朋友们打电话,讲述她的屈辱经历。
By 9:06, her friends had begun to arrive,
arrive: 到达
9:06,她的朋友们就已来到,
just so

they could hear the juicy details.
juicy:【口语】(低级趣味小说等)有趣的,津津有味的;刺激性强的
好详问八卦细节。
-Susan: So he was married before.
他结过婚而已,
You don't kick a man out for that.
kick: 踢,反抗,反冲 kick out: 踢出去,甩掉
你不能因此甩掉一个男人。
-Edie: No. but you do for never mentioning it.
mention: 提及,说起
不,但你能因为他从未提及而甩掉他。
And especially when I laid out my entire past.
especially: 特别,尤其 lay out: 展出,摆开
尤其是我把我的全部都给了他,即便我的过去也毫无保留。
-Gaby: Emphasis on the word “laid”.
emphasis on: 着重于(强调)
重点的给了他。
-Edie: Exactly. Gaby gets it.
exactly: 准确地,精确地
就是,Gaby说到点子上了。
-Bree: Well, maybe they were only together a short time, and she didn't mean anything to him.
也许他们结婚时间不长,彼此都没什么感觉呢。
-Edie: I doubt it, since he walks around muttering to her ghost.
mutter: 喃喃低语 ghost: 鬼,幽灵
不会的,他半夜起来都跟鬼魂说话呢。
-Gaby: You know what would lift your spirits? We should all do a spa weekend.
lift: 提高 spirit: 精神 spa: 温泉浴场
你知道什么能提起你精神吗? 我们这周末应该一起去泡温泉。
-Everyone: Yeah! Let's do that.
耶! 一起去。
-Edie: Oh, I appreciate the offer, but I think I'm better off getting lost in my work.
appreciate: 感谢 be better off: 情况更好 lost: 全神贯注的,出神的,专注的
噢,谢谢建议,但我想我还是麻痹在工作中好了。
-Susan: Well, maybe I can help you.
好吧,这点也许我能帮到。
Think you can rent my house out?
rent: 出租
你能把我房子租出去吗?
-Lynette: What?
什么?
-Susan: Jackson got a teaching job at the college in Riverton, and...
Jackson在长河顿的大学找到了份教书的工作...
I'm going with him.
我跟他一起去。
-Gaby: Uh, wait, you're moving?
等等,你要搬走?
-Susan: I know it's sudden, but I feel really good about this.
我知道这很突然,但我真的感到很高兴。
And it's only two hours away, so it'll still be like we're practically next door.
practically: 几乎,简直,实际上
而且也就2小时路程,我们还是像邻居一样的。
-Lynette: I am so happy for you, but we're gonna miss you.
gonna=going to: 将会
我真为你感到高兴,但我会想你的。
-Bree: Oh, don't worry about us. Jackson is so great.
噢,别为我们担心,Jackson那么好。
You are making the right choice.
choice: 选择
你的选择是对的。
-Gaby: Absolutely. Come here, you!
当然了,过来!
-Lynette: I can't believe you're leaving.
不敢相信你要搬走了。
-Katherine: When you're done here, you wanna come do my lawn?
lawn: 草坪
你搞定这边后,也帮我修修草?
-Dave: Well, I figure since Mike's letting me cr

ash here, it's the least I could do.
figure: 认为,领会到 crash:【俚语】躺下睡觉;(在某处不花钱)过夜,住宿
我想这是我唯一能报答Mike的。
-Katherine: Well, that's very nice... and brave.
brave: 勇敢的
你真好...也真勇敢。
Mike takes a lot of pride in his yard.
pride: 自傲,自豪,自尊 yard: 院子
Mike很重视他的院子。
-Dave: Yeah.
恩。
-Katherine: Look at his roses.
看这些玫瑰,
Every time I walk by here, I just want to steal one.
steal: 偷
每次我路过这总想偷一枝。
-Dave: Here, let Me cut you one.,
我帮你剪一枝。
-Katherine: Oh, no. Couldn't.
噢,别,不用。
He wouldn't like that.
他不会同意的。
-Mike: Hey, you. What's up?
嘿,你来啦,什么事?
-Katherine: Not much. Got a call from Dylan.
没什么,刚接到Dylan电话。
Her husband's traveling more for his business, and she doesn't have anybody to help her with the baby.
travel: 旅行
她老公总是出差,她一个人照顾孩子忙不过来。
She's trying to push to move out to Baltimore.
move:移动,搬家,使...感动
想让我搬去巴尔的摩。
-Mike: So, uh, what'd you say?
噢,那你怎么想?
-Katherine: Oh, just that I'd think about it.
嗯,还在考虑。
What do you think I should do?
你说我该怎么做?
-Mike: Well, she really needs your help.
她这么需要你的帮助。
I guess you should help her.
我想你该去帮帮她。
-Katherine: Well, I don't know that she need it. Honestly?
honestly: 老实的
我倒不觉得她是需要,说实话?
I think she's just lonely.
lonely: 孤单的
也许只是寂寞吧。
of course... it would be nice to be closer.
当然了... 住一起总好些。
But is that a good enough reason to uproot my whole life here?
uproot: 连根拔起; 使离开家,使无家可归
除非这有什么理由要我留下。
What do you think?
你说呢?
-Mike: I'm not sure. It's up to you.
我不知道,得你自己定。
-Katherine: I know. I just... thought you might have an opinion.
opinion: 意见
我知道,我只是...想听听你意见。
-Mike: Oh, shoot. I'm, uh, expecting, a call from a supplier.
shoot: 射击,芽,发射【糟糕】[(in oral English)something bad —from wikipedia]
supplier: 供应商
差点忘了我正在等一个供应商的电话。
I'll, uh, I'll talk to you later.
我,嗯,我迟点找你。
-Katherine: On second thought, I'm sure he won't even notice it's gone.
on second thought: 经过重新考虑(在仔细考虑以后) notice: 注意
再想想,他根本不会注意到少了枝玫瑰。
-Bree: Of course, the lanes keeping will require an updated irrigation system, which I'm happy to take care of.
lane: 道路 update: 升级 irrigation: 灌溉 system: 系统 take care of: 照顾
当然,花园需要新的灌溉设备,我很愿意帮忙。
-Alex: Bree, you bought us a house. We can't let you do all this, too.
Bree,你为我

们买了房,不能连这都麻烦你。
-Bree: Nonsense! It's a small price to pay to make your home more beautiful.
nonsense: 胡说
哪的话! 小事一桩就能美化家园。
I insist.
insist: 坚持
我坚持。
-Orson: Yes!
太好了!
It's gonna be here tomorrow.
明天就到。
-Bree: Orson, take it easy!
take it easy: 放松,轻松一点
Orson 冷静点!
-Orson: Impossible.
不可能。
Soon, I, the grillmaster, will christen a brand-new barbecue.
grillmaster: 烧烤大师 christen: 为...施洗礼【这里采用christen的另外一种意思: [口语] 首次使用(船舶、汽车等)】 brand-new: 全新的 barbecue: 烧烤
很快,我,烧烤大师,就要收到一款新型烧烤机了。
-Andrew: You're pretty excited about a grill.
grill: 烧烤机
你对一个烧烤机还真上心。
-Orson: Oh, it's so much more than that, young man.
哦,这可远不止是烧烤机,年轻人。
This is the prairie fire turbo.
prairie: 大草原 turbo: 涡轮(发动机), 增压涡轮
它就是一火力引擎。
It's 122,000 btus of charbroiling power.
btu: 英热单位:British thermal unit charbroil: 用炭烧烤
122,000英热的炭烤动力。
Look out, cattle!
看清楚了,小子们!
-Bree: You think you're excited? Just imagine the salesman who overcharged you.
imagine: 想象 overcharge: 讨价过高
你以为你赚大了? 想想销售员怎么敲诈你的吧。
-Orson: Well, Bree, I got a very good deal.
deal: 交易
Bree,我还了个好价钱。
-Bree: He only thinks he got a good deal because the salesman threw in one of those "kiss the cook" hats.
salesman: 销售员 threw in: 额外奉送,免费外加
他以为他还了个好价钱,就因为销售员给他戴了顶"好厨师"的高帽。
-Orson: And the temperature-sensing fork.
temperature: 温度 sense: 感觉 fork: 叉子
还有一把感热烧烤叉。
-Alex: Well, that sounds good.
这听上去不错。
-Orson: Yeah.
是啊。
-Bree: Don't encourage him!
encourage: 鼓励
别纵容他!
Orson is a horrible negotiator.
horrible: 可怕的,糟糕的 negotiator: 讨价还价者
Orson最不会讨价还价了。
He's never met a sticker price he didn't like.
sticker price: 标价, 定价 sticker: 尖刀(粘着剂,背面有粘胶的标签,张贴物,滞销物,难题)
就没什么价格是他觉得高的。
-Orson: Oh, no, Bree, that's…
不是这样的 Bree 那是。
-Bree: It's true.
是这样的。
There's a reason the local car dealers send you a fruit basket every Christmas. Now hush.
hush: 肃静,安静,沉默
当地车贩每年圣诞给你寄水果篮是有原因的,别说话。
-Alex: Bree, could you please not do that?
Bree,你能别这样吗?
-Bree: Do... do what?
哪...哪样?
-Alex: It's just...when you talk to your husband that way, it really pushes a button for me.
push a button: [to deliberately irritate: 故意惹怒某人]
看你跟丈夫说话的样子,真的刺激到了我。

My mom used to do that, and it, uh...
我妈以前也这样,后来,呃...
drove my dad away.
drive away: 赶某人离开
我爸就离开了,
I think he was tired of being emasculated.
emasculate: 阉割【这里指“女性驾驭于男性之上”】
我想他一定受不了那种被"阉割"的生活。
-Orson: Did I mention it has a rear-mounted rotisserie rack?
rotisserie: 电转烤肉架 rack: 架,行李架,拷问台
我说过它有后置旋转烤肉架吗?
-Bree: What exactly are you saying, Alex?
你到底想说什么,Alex?
-Alex: I'm saying, if you're gonna be rude to your husband, could you just not do it in front of me?
rude: 粗鲁 in front of: 在…面前
我是说,如果你一定要对老公粗鲁,至少别在我面前,好吗?
-Andrew: So rotisserie, huh?
旋转烤肉架啊?
-Orson: Yeah. Good for chicken, rolled roasts, legs of lamb.
roast: 烤肉,烘烤 lamb: 羊
嗯,可用于鸡肉,羊腿,大块肉
This thing is so advanced, I could use it to make soup.
advanced: 先进的 soup: 汤
只是...这玩意太先进了,用来煲汤也未尝不可。
-Carlos: I'm sorry. Daddy has to work.
我很抱歉,爸爸得去工作。
-Gaby: Carlos, what is going on? You're gonna miss your plane.
miss: 错过
Carlos 你在干嘛? 你要错过飞机了。
-Carlos: They're upset. They're not used to me being away.
used to: 习惯于
她们很难过,她们不习惯我离开。
-Gaby: Oh, for god sakes, girls. It's not like he's going off to war.
for god sakes: 看在上帝的份上,拜托 go off: 离开,离去 war: 战争
噢,拜托,孩子们,他又不是去打仗。
He's gonna be back tomorrow.
明天就回来啦。
-Juanita:Why can't daddy work here?
为什么爸爸不能在这工作?
-Gaby: Because daddy has a new job, that's gonna make us lots of money.
因为爸爸有了新工作,可以赚好多钱。
-Juanita:We don't need lots of money.
我们不需要好多钱。
-Gaby: Hey, what did I say about that kind of language?
language:语言
嘿,没教过你们不能说这类话?
Look, girls...
听着,孩子们...
-Carlos: Daddy's gonna be home tomorrow in time for dinner.
爸爸明天晚饭就回来。
You can call me whenever you want. Okay?
你们随时都能打电话给我,好吗?
-Gaby: And the best part is you get to spend a whole day with just mommy!
最难得的是你们有一整天只和妈妈在一起啦!
-Lynette: Oh, hello, Mr. Fishman.
噢,你好啊,Fishman先生。
-Mr. Fisherman: I'm coming in. Watch the wheels.
watch: 注意 wheel: 轮子
我进来了,小心轮子。
Boy, you just had to put a rug here, huh?
rug:地毯
老天,怎么就没个地毯呢啊?
-Lynette: Uh, is everything okay?
嗯,发生什么事了吗?
-Mr. Fisherman: It's about your damn son.
是你那倒霉儿子。
-Lynette: Porter?
Porter?
-Mr. Fisherman: How the hell do I know?
我怎么知道是哪个?
He's got red hair and he's got a face you just

wanna slap, and he's driving my sister crazy!
slap:拍击,侮辱,申斥
一头红发,一脸欠扁样,他快把我妹妹逼疯了!
-Lynette: What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢?
-Mr. Fisherman: The retirement home.
retirement:退休
老年人之家。
Your kid has been staying in your mom's room.
你孩子一直住你妈那。
-Lynette: What?
什么?
-Mr. Fisherman: Muriel thought he was just visiting, but he's been there for a week.
Muriel以为他只是去探望,但他已经住了一礼拜。
Now the rules clearly state..., no visiting after dark.
rule: 规则 state:声明 visit: 拜访
现在已明确规定,晚上禁止探访。
-Lynette: Tom, I know where porter is. He's hiding at my mother's.
Tom,我知道Porter在哪了,他躲在我妈妈那里。
-Mr. Fisherman: Oh, hiding, my ass. He's not hiding. He's living there.
躲,他才没躲,他干脆住在那里了。
He even stole my sister's orange juice.
他甚至偷了我妹妹的橙汁。
-Lynette: I'll take care of it. Thank you.
我会解决那个问题,谢谢你。
-Lynette: Call bob. Tell him we can make the hearing tomorrow.
hearing: 听证会
告诉Bob就说我们明天可以听证。
-Mr. Fisherman: Nobody can sleep there because he's got that TV blaring all night long.
blare: 巨响,吼叫声
没人睡得着,因为他那电视一晚上都在吵。
-Lynette: Look, Tom, I can' talk now. Just call bob.
听着,Tom,我现在没法说话,你先告诉Bob。
I'm going over there now. Okay. Bye.
我这就去那,好的,再见。
Parker, I'm gonna be back in an hour.
Parker,我一小时后回来。
Mr. Fishman, thank you so much.
Fishman先生,十分感谢。
-Mr. Fisherman: Well, don't just stand there.
别干站那。
Make me a sandwich!
给我做个三明治啊!
-Andrew: Uh, one more thing. Could you see about having the basement cleared out?
basement: 地下室 clear out: 清理
噢,还有一事,你能清理下地下室吗?
-Alex: Yeah, last time we went down there, it was filled with mildewed boxes.
fill with: 充满 mildewed: 发霉的
是啊,上次我们去看时,全是发霉的盒子。
-Edie: Oh, I'll take care of that.
噢,我会搞定的。
There's nothing worse than having old junk around.
junk: 垃圾
再没什么比陈年垃圾更恶心的。
-Susan: Edie!
Edie!
-Edie: Case in point.
比如这个。
-Susan: Edie?
Edie?
-Susan: Edie! Do you not hear me?
Edie! 你没听见我吗?
-Edie: Yeah, I heard you.
噢,我听见了。
Why do you think I kept walking?
不然你说我为什么走开呢?
-Susan: Looks like the mailman switched our mail again. Do you have mine?
switch: 交换
邮递员好像又把我们俩的邮件送反了,你那有我的吗?
-Edie: Yep. In my garbage, come by and grab it at your convenience.
convenience: 便利,方便 at one’s convenience: 帮某人做事
有,都在垃圾箱里,代你效劳了。
-Susan: What is wrong with you?

你发什么神经?
-Edie: I asked everyone over this morning because I had this huge thing to share about kicking my husband out
huge:巨大的 share: 分享
今天早上,我把大家叫来,是为了说我甩了老公的事。
and you prance in with your "me and Jackson are moving to a fairy castle."
prance:腾跃, 欢跃 fairy:仙女,小精灵 castle:城堡
你却洋洋自得地说,我和Jackson要搬进华丽的城堡。
-Susan: I'm sorry.
我很抱歉。
I thought we gave your latest breakup the three seconds of shock it deserved.
breakup:分手 deserve: 值得
我以为我们之前的3秒钟惊叹已经是给足了你面子。
-Edie: Get the hell out of here.
给我滚出去。
-Susan: Gladly.
很荣幸。
-Edie: What have you done?
你做了什么?
-Susan: Nothing. It's locked.
lock: 锁
没什么,门上锁了。
Do you have a key?
有钥匙吗?
-Edie: In my purse.
purse: 钱包
在我包里。
Which I left in the kitchen.
kitchen: 厨房
包给我落在厨房了。
Does anyone know you're here?
有人知道你在这儿吗?
-Susan: No.
没有。
Help! Get me out of here!,
救命,让我出去
-Edie: Somebody help me!
来人哪。
-Gaby: Juanita, it's time for your bath.
bath: 洗澡
Juanita,该洗澡了。
-Juanita: I'm watching my movie.
我在看电影呢。
-Gaby: You've seen it a hundred times.
你都看过100遍了。
She loses her shoe, the prince finds it--end of story. Let's go.
她的鞋丢了,被王子找到了,故事结束了,去洗澡。
-Juanita: I'll go when I'm ready.
看完了就去。
Hey, it's not finished!,
还没结束呢。
-Gaby: It is for you. Now move!
对你来说结束了,快走。
Juanita Solis, I am not kidding.
Juanita Solis,我是认真的。
Okay. That does it. Juanita.
好了,够了,Juanita。
If you think I'm not gonna drag you to the room, you are sadly mistaken!
drag: 拖 mistake: 误解
别以为我不会把你拖进浴室。
-Juanita: You're never gonna make it.
你办不到的。
-Gaby: Oh, yes, I will.
不要逼我。
My rage is fueling me in ways you can't imagine.
rage:愤怒,情绪激动 fuel:加燃料,供以燃料 image: 想象
把我惹毛了,你就要吃不了兜着走了。
-Juanita: What's wrong?
怎么了?
-Gaby: My rage just needs to catch its breath.
catch one’s breath: 喘口气,松一口气,歇口气(以使呼吸恢复正常);放松一下 breath:呼吸
我的怒火得喘口气。
Okay. Okay.
好吧,好吧。
I am willing to forget this entire incident, if you just go jump in that bathtub right now.
incident:事件 bathtub:澡盆
要是你乖乖跳到澡盆里我就既往不咎了。
What do you say?
怎么样?
I am gonna scrub that smug look right off your face.
scrub:用力擦洗 smug:自以为是的,满漂亮的,俏皮的
我让你尝尝痛苦的滋味。
Oh, my back!
噢,我的背。
-Lynette: Where is he?
他在哪儿?
-Lynette’s mom: I'm

sorry. Have we met?
不要意思,我们认识吗?
wait...
等等...
you're the girl who stuck me here three years ago.
stick: 钉住,粘贴【这里指“困住”】
你就是那个三年前把我抛弃在这里的女人。
You come by every Christmas, and look at your watch
每年圣诞节都会来,却不愿等我拆开...
while I unwrap the socks you bought me on the drive over.
unwrap: 未拆开
你在路上给我买来的袜子。
-Lynette: Do you know what's going on with Porter? The fire? The arrest?
arrest: 拘捕
你知道Porter出什么事了吗? 火灾? 被捕?
-Lynette’s mom: Yes. I read the newspapers.
是的,我看到新闻了。
Everybody's crying for that poor kid's blood.
cry for: 因…而哭
每个人都在为那个孩子惋惜。
-Lynette: No, no. We have this great lawyer.
不不,我们有最好的律师。
He thinks he can get the case thrown out.
threw out: 拒绝
他认为可以搞定这个案子。
-Lynette’s mom: Oh, really? I didn't realize that.
真的吗? 我可不这么想。
Porter! Come out from under the bed!
Porter,从床底下出来。
Mommy is here to take care of you!
妈咪来照顾你了。
Just like she took care of me.
就像她照顾我一样。
-Lynette: Okay. I know you're mad.
我知道你很生气。
I know we have a lot to hash out between us.
hash out: 通过长时间讨论后解决 hash: 无用信息, 杂乱信号
我知道我们之间有不少问题。
But don't take your hate for me out on your grandson.
但别报复在你的孙子身上。
Now where is he?
他在哪儿?
-Lynette’s mom: He's safe.
他很安全。
I heard Muriel Fishman rat me out to her brother,
rat out: 告密
听说Muriel Fishman向她的哥哥告了密。
so I-I made sure that Porter cleared out.
clear out: 使…离开,赶走
所以我把Porter送到安全的地方去了。
-Lynette: Mom... this is wrong. Please.
妈妈,别这样,求你了。
Sucks to feel powerless, doesn't it, Lynette?
suck: 使…离开,赶走 powerless: 无能为力
无能为力的感觉很不爽吧,Lynette。
-Susan: Please, help!
救命啊。
Please!
救命。
-Edie: I'm getting a really unpleasant picture of what you're like in the ol’sackarooni.
你这样的姿势真的让我浮想联翩哦。
Face it, Mayer. We're stuck.
stuck: 不能动的,被卡住的
别费劲了,Mayer,我们被困住了。
-Susan: Gotta get out.
得想办法出去。
I'm supposed to be meeting the moving company.
我本该去见搬家公司的。
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Edie: Keep talking about how you're going to move away and be with Jackson.
继续说啊,说说你是怎么搬去和Jackson住的。
I think stupid makes time go faster.
stupid: 愚蠢的
听听傻事会让时间过得快一点。
-Susan: So now me wanting to be with the man I love is stupid?
想和我爱的男人在一起,难道是愚蠢的吗?
-Edie: And needy and pathetic, and... kinda hilarious.

needy:贫穷的,贫困的,生活艰苦的 pathetic: 悲哀的,可怜的,感伤的 hilarious: 可笑的
还是脆弱,可悲和可笑的。
But there's one thing it's not, Mayer.
但却不是
That's "unexpected."
unexpected:出人意料的
出人意料的。
-Susan: What are you getting at?
你到底想说什么?
-Edie: Have you ever in your life been without a man?
你的生命中什么时候缺少过男人?
-Susan: Of course I have.
我当然有过。
-Edie: When?
何时?
-Susan: I don't know. I'm not sure.
不知道,说不好。
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
-Edie: Making a calendar.
calendar: 日历
做个统计。
-Susan: Edie...
Edie…
-Edie: Oh, come on. We've got nothing but time, and I assume you don't wanna make out, so...
assume:猜想 make out: 亲热
来吧,我们有的是时间,你又不会想和我亲热...
first boyfriend?
初恋?
-Susan: Todd Shaffer. I was 14.
Todd Shaffer 14岁。
-Edie: And why did you and hot Toddy break up?
那你为什么和Toddy分手了呢?
-Susan: He dumped me during math class.
dump: 甩掉
是他在数学课上甩了我。
-Edie: And how long did it take you to start dating somebody else?
那你多久以后开始新的恋情的?
-Susan: This is a stupid exercise. I refuse to…
这个游戏傻透了,我拒绝...
-Edie: when was it?
多久以后?
-Susan: Lunch. It was Lunch.
午饭,在午饭的时候。
-Orson: You know, I'm feeling a bit randy tonight.
randy: 有劲的
我今晚有点心痒。
What do you say we make a little love?
来亲热一下怎么样?
-Bree: Well, we've got 15 minutes till the news is on. Why not?
离播新闻还有15分钟,为什么不呢?
I still can't get over the way Alex behaved this morning.
behave: 行为
我还是对Alex今天上午的举动耿耿于怀。
Emasculating. I' never heard such nonsense.
nonsense: 胡说,废话
阉割,我还从未听过这种鬼话。
Don't you think so?
你不觉得吗?
-Orson: Well, I thought the matter in which Alex made his point was inappropriate.
inappropriate: 不合适
我觉得Alex只是话糙而已。
-Bree: But?
然后呢?
-Orson: Well, I wouldn't say it was nonsense.
nonsense: 无意义的,荒谬的
但理不糙。
You can be a little tough sometimes.
tough: 强硬的,严厉的
你有时是强硬了一点。
-Bree: Tough? That's not a word I would use to describe myself.
describe: 描述
强硬? 那可不是用来修饰我的词语。
-Orson: Nobody blames you, Bree. You run a business. You have to be formidable.
run: 经营 formidable: 强大的,可怕的
没人会怪你,Bree,你是个生意人,你得表现得令人生畏。
Sometimes if that frame of mind carries over into your personal life,
frame: 框,结构,骨架 personal: 私人的
有时,若情绪影响到你的私生活时。
it's only to be expected.
就只能"强硬"一些了。
-Bree: I don't think I do that.
我可不是那样。
-Orson: I know y

ou don't.
我知道你不想的。
It's not worth getting upset about.
没必要为此心烦。
Andrew and I are used to it, and I'm sure in time, Alex will get used to it, too.
Andrew和我早已习惯了,我相信Alex将来也会习惯的。
Now... on to more pleasant things.
现在...来说点有"性"趣的事儿吧。
Even though it's my turn, I don't mind if you're on top.
我不介意你在"上位" 即便今天轮到我了。
-Edie: I think we forgot one.
我想我们漏掉一个人了。
Didn't you date somebody after you stole Karl away from me?
date: 约会
你把Karl从我这偷走以后,没跟别人约会吗?
-Susan: Ron. Dr. Ron.
Ron医生。
Are we done?
我们结束了吗?
-Edie: Yep.
嗯。
Here it is…the history of your love life.
大工告成咯...这就是你的罗曼史。
Proof that you can't be happy without a man.
proof: 证据
没有男人你就不快乐的有利证据。
-Susan: This is not proof of anything.
这证明不了什么。
-Edie: Seven boyfriends through high school and college… only...
从高中到大学一共7个男友...
41 days single.
single: 单身的
仅仅只有41天是"空床期"。
What does that tell you?
这说明什么?
-Susan: My grades sucked?
我的成绩很烂?
-Edie: It's a cry for help, Mayer.
Mayer 这表明你在呼救。
and it doesn't get much better into the many decades of your adulthood.
adulthood: 成年期
长大成人后的数十年来恋情依旧阴霾。
-Susan: Hey, I was single for several months after Karl and after Mike.
嘿,在Karl和Mike之后,我单身了好几个月呢。
-Edie: But that wasn't of your choosing. They dumped you.
但那不是由得你选的,是他们甩了你。
I know. It's hard to look in the mirror.
look in mirror:【照镜子,审视自己】
我知道,在明镜前审视自己是很难的。
-Susan: Have you ever looked in your mirror, Edie?
你审视过自己吗,Edie?
You're famous for the number of men you've conquered.
conquer: 征服
你征服的男人数目让你名噪一时。
-Edie: Thank you.
谢谢你。
-Susan: It's not a compliment, you tramp!
compliment: 表扬 tramp: 【俚语】(与男子混在一起的)轻浮女人
这可不是表扬你,你这个"公共汽车"!
Okay, I am not gonna take relationship tips from a woman who has hooked up with...
relationship:关系 tip: 窍门 hook up: 搭上关系(尤指工作或社会关系) hook:钩子
我可不打算接受你的恋爱窍门,像你这样的女人勾搭过...
What is it? Over a thousand men?
多少来着的? 已经成千个男人了吧?
-Edie: Okay, that's it I enjoyed the '80s
没错,八十年代我及时行乐。
but the difference is I go after men because I want them.
go after: 追求
但区别在于,我追求男人是因为我想要得到他们。
You go after them because you need them.
你追求男人是因为你需要他们。
-Susan: That is not much of a distinction.
distinctio

n:区别
那可没什么差别。
-Edie: Yes, it is.
不,有区别。
You have holes in your heart that can only be filled by a pair of trousers.
fill: 充满
你的内心千疮百孔,只有跟男人上床才能填补你内心的空虚。
Face it, Mayer. You're weak.
weak: 不正常的,脆弱的
正视事实吧,Mayer,你很脆弱。
-Lynette: Porter wasn't there, and she won't tell me where he is.
Porter不在那,她不愿告诉我他在哪。。
-Tom: Did you tell her that he could end up in jail?
jail:监狱
你有跟她讲,他可能要在监狱里终老一生了吗?
-Lynette: Of course I did.
我当然说了。
-Tom: Lynette, you're really upset. Just hang up and come home.
hang up: 挂电话
Lynette,你现在很难受,挂掉电话,赶紧回家吧。
-Lynette: She's so angry at me.
她非常生我的气。
She's never gonna tell us where he is.
她永远也不会说出他的下落的。
-Tom: Lynette? Lynette?
Lynette? Lynette?
-Porter: Uh, we need to find Lynette Scavo.
呃,我们要找Lynette Scavo。
-Nurse: Let me check.
让我来查下。
-Lynette’s mom: This is all my fault.
这都是我的错。
She was so worked up when she left my room.
worked up: (因烦恼等而)兴奋的,激动的
她离开我房间的时候气冲冲的。
-Nurse: I'm not finding a Lynette Scavo.
我找不到叫Lynette Scavo的。
-Porter: Oh, my god. Does that mean she's dead?
哦天哪,那意味着她去世了吗?
-Lynette: No. No.
不,不。
It means she outsmarted her mom.
outsmart: 比...更聪明,打败
这意味着她比她妈妈棋高一着。
-Tom: Oh, my god, Porter, we missed you so much.
我的老天爷,Porter,我们太想你了。
-Porter: I-I don't understand. I thought you were in an accident.
我不明白,我原以为你出车祸了呢。
-Lynette: No, sweetie. I was driving home last night, talking with your dad on the phone,
sweetie: 情人,爱人,亲爱的
没有,宝贝,昨晚开车回家时,我在跟你爸打电话。
and two cars in front of me had an accident.
我前面的两辆车出了车祸。
And I thought, damn, that could be me.
我就想了,该死,出车祸的差点就是我了。
And then I thought, that could be me.
然后我又转念一想,那可以是我啊。
-Porter: You scared the hell out of me.
scare: 惊吓
你把我都吓死了。
-Tom: We are sorry, but we had to get you back. You've gotta be in court by 5:00.
court:法院,庭院
很抱歉,但我们得把你弄回来,在五点前你得出庭了。
-Porter: I don't want to go to jail.
不,我不想去蹲监狱。
-Lynette: Porter, listen to me. Bob talked to the judge.
judge:法官
Porter,听我说,Bob跟法官说过了。
He thinks he can get them to drop the charges.
drop charge:撤销指控
他觉得他能说服他们撤诉。
-Porter: I don't know if I should believe you.
我不知道是否能相信你。
-Lynette: You're gonna hav

e to.
你必须要相信我。
-Porter: Okay.
好吧。
-Tom: Great. Come on. Let's go.
太好了,我们走。
-Lynette’s mom: That was a rotten thing you did, Lynette.
rotten:腐烂的;【这里的意思是“ [俚语]极坏的;令人讨厌的”】
真是下三滥的做法,Lynette。
I thought you were dead.
我以为你死了。
-Lynette: Yeah, well, what can I tell ya? I learned from the best.
是呀,我怎么说呢? 名师出高徒。
-Gaby: Celia! Juanita!
Celia! Juanita!
I am not gonna ask you again to pick up these clothes!
pick up: 捡起
收起你们的衣服,别让我再说一遍!
You've got till the count of three!
我数三下!
One... two... three!
1...2...3!
You can hear me, right?
你们听得见吗?
-Celia&Juanita: Yeah!
嗯!
-Gaby: All right, that's it! I'm calling your father!
够了! 我打电话给你们爸爸!
You are gonna get it now!
你们要倒霉了!
He is gonna tear into you! It is gonna be a bloodbath!
bloodbath:大屠杀
他会撕烂你们的! 这里会腥风血雨!
-Carlos: Hey, babe. What's up?
嘿,亲爱的,怎么了?
-Gaby: It's your children. They've run a moke.
moke: 驴,笨人,黑人
你的宝贝孩子,她们横行霸道。
-Carlos: What?
什么?
-Gaby: Now that you've gone back to work, they won't listen to me.
你去工作了,他们根本不听我的。
They know you're not in the next room ready to drop the hammer. Help me!
hammer: 锤子
她们知道你不会拿着锤子从隔壁出来,帮帮我!
-Carlos: How? I'm in a meeting.
怎么帮? 我在开会。
-Gaby: O-okay. I'm gonna put you on speer, and I want you to rip them a new one.
speer: 询问, 征求(意见) rip: 拉开,划开,裂开【这里采用这样的意思“[口语]狠狠地咒骂;谴责,严责;口头攻击】
好吧,我开免提,你好好教训下她们。
-Carlos: I'm with clients. I don't have time for this.
client: 客户
我和客户在一起,没时间管这个。
-Gaby: But…
但是...
-Carlos: I gotta go!
我得挂了!
-Gaby: Carlos? Carlos!
Carlos? Carlos!
-Juanita: I think he hung up, mommy. Can you bring us a lemonade?
hang up: 挂断电话 lemonade:柠檬水
我想他挂电话了,妈妈,能给我们拿些柠檬水吗?
-Bree: Hi, Mike.
嗨 Mike。
-Mike: Hey, sorry I'm late.
嘿,抱歉我晚了。
-Bree: Where's Katherine?
Katherine呢?
-Mike: Ah, headache. She sends her regrets.
headache: 头痛 regret: 抱歉
呃,头痛,她很抱歉。
you mind if I grab a beer?
grab: 抓取
我去拿罐啤酒可以吗?
-Bree: Uh, yeah. In the test kitchen.
当然,在后院厨房。
-Dave: Uh, beer sounds good. I think, I'll grab one too. Excuse me.
呃,啤酒,我也想喝了,去一下。
So... Katherine not feeling well, huh?
嗯... Katherine不舒服啊?
-Mike: Yeah. Yeah, I think she also might be a little miffed with me.
get (或 have, take) a miff : 【口语】发脾气,生气 miff: 小争执,微怒

是呀,我想大概也因为在生我气。
-Dave: This about Baltimore?
去巴尔的摩的事?
-Mike: It's not that I want her to go, because I don't.
我没有想她走,我不想。
-Dave: They why don't you tell her?
那你为什么不告诉她?
-Mike: I don't wanna be the guy that comes between her and her daughter, not to mention a grandchild.
not to mention: 更不用说
我不想夹在她和女儿中间,何况现在还有个孙女。
-Dave: I thought this was because... I don't know.
我以为是因为... 我不知道。
Maybe you're still hung up on your ex-wife.
hang up on: 因…精神不安
也许你还想念你前妻。
-Mike: Susan? No. No, that's over.
Susan? 不,不,那已经过去了。
-Dave: You sure?
你确定?
And most guys I talk to, they say they only really fall in love once.
大部分男人都说,只会真正恋爱一次。
And even if it doesn't work, they spend the rest of their lives thinking about the one that they lost
即便未成,他们也会在之后的时光中一直想念那个女人。
I always wondered if that's how you felt about Susan.
wonder: 想知道
我一直想你对Susan是否就是这样。
-Mike: Why would you wonder about something like that?
你怎么会这么想?
-Dave: Oh, I don't know. You're my friend. I care about you.
噢,我不知道,你是我朋友,我关心你。
-Mike: Well, no.
嗯,不是的。
In fact, Dave, I think I might be falling in love with Katherine.
事实上,Dave,我想我爱上Katherine了。
-Dave: Did you just use the "love" word?
你用"爱"这个词?
See, I-I didn't realize it was that serious.
嘿,我没想到都到这一步了。
-Mike: To be honest, it didn't really hit me until she said she might leave.
hit: 【口语】被…想起
说实话,我自己也没意识到,直到她说要离开时。
-Orson: Where are our guests? The food's gonna get cold.
我们的客人呢? 食物都要冷了。
-Andrew: Oh, I'll go find them.
噢,我去叫他们。
-Bree: And bring some steak sauce.
steak: 牛排 sauce: 酱料
顺便拿些牛排酱来。
-Orson: Oh, you're not gonna need any sauce with these babies.
噢,你不会需要酱的,这肉烤得可好了。
They are seasoned to perfection.
season: 给…加调味品,使鲜美【season做名词时常表示“季节”,这里作动词用】 perfection: 完美
他们是年度最佳烤肉。
-Bree: Bring it.
拿来。
-Orson: Well, there's no sense in waiting. Dig in.
sense: 理由 dig in: 开始吃
好了,没理由再等了,开吃。
-Orson: Oh, dear. Are they overcooked?
overcook:煮过度
噢,天哪,我是不是烤过头了?
-Alex: No, they're well-done. That's the way I like them.
不,刚刚好,我就喜欢这味道。
-Orson: Bree, what do you think?
Bree,你觉得呢?
-Bree: Oh, I really couldn't say.
哦,我不好说。
-Orson: You couldn't say if your meat is overcooked?
你不知道肉是否烤过

头了?
-Bree: No. I wouldn't want to upset anyone.
不是,我不想惹到谁。
-Orson: Well, don't worry. You won't upset me.
别担心,你不会惹到我。
-Alex: I don't think she was referring to you.
refer to: 指称
我想她不是在说你。
-Bree: Well, it's just that grillingis such a manly pastime.
manly: 适于男人的 pastime: 消遣娱乐
烧烤那么简单一事。
If I suggested that Orson somehow failed to produce the perfect steak,
suggest: 表明 fail to: 未能 produce: 制作
如果我指出Orson连这都做不好。
you might see it as another example emasculation.
emasculation:阉割
你也许又觉得我在"阉割"他了。
-Alex: I see. You're not gonna let that go, are you?
我明白了,你还耿耿于怀,是吗?
-Bree: Well, for all I know, telling Orson his steak tastes like charcoal might be deballing him.
charcoal:木炭 deballed: [ Refers to a situation that arises in which at the end some amount of personal manhood was lost by the actions of a woman. 在某些情况下,女人的行为过于强势,使男子在这方面失去了男子气概]
在我看来,告诉Orson他的烤肉像木炭一样难吃就是在阉割他。
-Alex: You know, Bree, you can make your point and still be nice.
知道吗,Bree,你可以说出观点,同时表现友好。
-Bree: You know what else would be nice, Alex?
你知道还有什么是友好 Alex?
Showing gratitude when people have been generous with you.
gratitude: 感恩 generous: 大方的
知恩图报。
-Orson: Don't listen to her, Alex. She's not mad at you.
别听她得,Alex,她不是生你的气。
She's mad at me... and the meat.
她气我... 还有这肉。
-Alex: Gratitude? What do you mean by that?
知恩? 你指什么?
-Bree: I mean I bought you a house.
我指我为你们买了房子。
You'd think you'd show me a little respect.
respect:尊重
你该对我尊重一点。
-Alex: Seriously? You're bringing up the house?
bring up: 提及
什么? 你拿房子来压我?
-Bree: Well, why not? It was a fairly grand gesture on my part.
fairly: 相当地 grand: 【口语】极好的,极妙的 gesture: 姿态
为什么不呢? 我够慷慨大方的了。
Yes, and one that apparently comes with strings.
apparently:明显的 comes with strings:【复交条款,有所限制 strings: [常用复数]附加条件;限止】
是,慷慨到不忘索要回报。
If by "strings," you mean I won't let you be rude to me in my own house, then yes.
rude: 粗鲁的
如果你说的"回报"是指不准你在我屋内撒野,那么是的。
-Alex: You know what. I think I'm going to have to decline your grand gesture.
decline:拒绝
知道么,我想我不需要你的大方。
Keep the house.
自己留着那房子。
-Andrew: What's wrong?
怎么了?
-Bree: Orson burnt the steaks.
Orson烤焦了牛排。
-Edie: Susan, how can you tell if pickles have botulism?
pickle: 酱菜 botulism:食物中毒
S

usan,怎么样能知道酱菜坏没?
Ah, what the hell? I shoot this stuff into my forehead.
forehead:前额
唉,管它呢? 闻闻就知道了。
Forget it. I'd rather starve for a day or two.
rather: 宁愿 starve: 饿的要死
算了,我宁可饿上两天。
By then, you'll be dead, and I can use your remains as a source of protein.
remain: 尸体 source: 来源,源头 protein:蛋白质
那时你就死了,我能把你当作蛋白质源。
Oh, come on. That was funny.
噢,拜托,我说了个笑话。
-Susan: You know... maybe I do feel incomplete without a man.
incomplete: 不完整的
知道么... 也许我真的离不开男人。
But I... wouldn't trade places with you for anything. You wanna know why?
trade places with you:【取代走你的位置 trade: 交换】
但我... 不会愿意跟你对换,想知道为什么吗?
-Edie: No, but I'm trapped, so knock yourself out.
trap:困住 knock yourself out:尽自己最大的努力
不,但我被困在这,所以,想说什么就说吧。
-Susan: It's the way you are with men-- they're like tissues.
tissue: 纸巾
你就是这样,把男人当成纸巾。
You use one and then toss it away, and then you're on to the next one.
toss: 投掷,震荡
用完就扔,喜新厌旧。
At least I'm looking for something.
至少我是在寻找真爱。
-Edie: So you think this happy ending crap that you believe in is real?
crap: 废话,粪,屎,排便
这么说,你以为,从此幸福地生活在一起是真的?
Please. I know what men are really like.
省省吧,我知道男人是什么德行。
-Susan: Really?
是吗?
-Edie: Well, when I was 16, my dad had an affair with this woman who had a 10-year-old daughter.
我16岁那年,我爸爸搞婚外情,那个女人有个10岁大的女儿。
And one day, he told my mom and me that he was leaving us for them.
有天,他告诉妈妈和我,他要搬走去养活那边的家。
-Susan: Oh, my god.
上帝啊。
-Edie: No talking.
闭嘴。
A week later, he comes to the house to get his stuff,
stuff: 东西
一个礼拜后,他回到屋里收拾东西,
and my mom didn't want to see him, so we went to the movies.
我妈妈不想看见他,于是带着我去了电影院,
Now I had this, uh, horse figurine collection.
figurine: 小塑像,小雕像 collection: 收集
那时我特喜欢收集小马的雕像,
Plastic, glass, ceramic--, hundreds of them.
ceramic:陶瓷的
塑料的啦,玻璃的啦,陶瓷的啦,应有尽有,成千上万,
Anyway, we come back from the movies, and my dad had taken all his stuff.
总之,我们从电影院回来的时候,爸爸已经带走了他的所有东西,
So... I go into my bedroom, and something seems different.
我回到自己的房间,总觉得哪里不对劲,
And then I realize all of my horses were gone.
然后我才发现,小马雕像们全都不见了,
My mom called my dad and screamed and all he said was

,
scream: 尖叫
我妈妈气得打电话骂我爸,我爸却说,
I was too old for that and that his girlfriend's daughter would appreciate them more.
我年纪大了,用不着这些玩具了,而他情人的女儿说不定会更喜欢,
Can you believe that? What a fungus.
fungus: 真菌,霉菌【烂人】
这是什么话? 真无耻!
Oh, god. Are you crying?
天哪,你在哭吗?
-Susan: It's just... now I get it.
我... 现在我懂了。
-Edie: Get what?
懂什么了?
-Susan: All these years, I have judged you and...
judge: 评判
这么多年来,我老是对你说三道四...
it is not your fault. Oh, come here.
看来一切不是你的错,过来抱抱。
you are the way you are because of your father.
你之所以这样,是因为你的父亲。
Edie, what the hell?
Edie,你干什么?
-Edie: Don't psychoanalyze me, you simp!
psychoanalyze: 心理分析 simp: 笨人,傻瓜
少来研究我,你这个蠢货!
I was just trying to tell you how selfish men are.
selfish: 自私的
我只是想告诉你,男人有多自私。
-Susan: And I was just trying to be nice and give you a free pass for being such a big slut!
free pass: 【免费入场券,这里可以理解为“做某事没有负担,心安理得”】 slut: 婊子,荡妇
而我也只是想对你友好一点,让你当婊子当得心安理得!
Edie!
Edie!
-Gaby: Okay, girls. Pick up your toys and put them in the basket before dinner.
姑娘们,把玩具收拾到篮子里,然后吃饭。
-Juanita: Dinner's not for two hours.
晚饭吃不了两个小时!
-Gaby: I've had enough of your crap. Now pick up these toys!
不跟你们废话了,赶快收拾好玩具!
-Juanita: No!
我不!
-Gaby: Okay, Juanita. What is going on here? Why are you being so difficult?
Juanita,你怎么回事? 怎么这么不听话?
When daddy asks you to do something, you just do it.
爸爸让你做什么事,你不是一直很乖嘛。
-Juanita: That's because I love daddy more.
那是因为我更爱爸爸。
-Gaby: Fine.
好吧。
-Reggie: Everything okay, Mrs. Solis?
没出什么事吧,Solis太太?
-Gaby: Yeah. just my kids.
是的,孩子们啦。
They really know howpush my buttons.
她们真会折腾我。
-Reggie: Oh, yeah. I got a couple monsters at home, too.
monster: 怪物
没错,我家里也住着几个混世魔王。
The key is you gotta be the bigger monster.
关键在于,你要变成比他们更大的恶魔。
-Gaby: Well, unfortunately, they're not afraid of me.
unfortunately:不幸的是
可惜他们不怕我。
-Reggie: Oh, that's bad. Fear is the foundation of all good parenting.
foundation: 基础 parenting: 父母对子女的教养(或照顾)
那可不好,恐惧是管教孩子的基础。
You gotta practice your big voice.
你得练习下你的大嗓门。
finish that broccoli now!
broccoli: 椰菜
马上给我吃完椰菜!
you see how that works?
这很管用的,知道吗?
-Gaby:

Yeah. It's very effective.
effective: 有效的
是啊,挺有效的。
well...
呃...
Hey, you got an extra 15 minutes?
extra: 额外的
嘿,抽出15分钟空可以吗?
-Reggie: Do it! Faster! Faster! Faster!
放回去!快点!快点!快点!!
I wanna see this place sparkle!
sparkle: 闪光,光亮
这里必须连根毛都找不到!
-Juanita: Mommy...
妈妈...
-Gaby: It's out of my hands, girls.
out of hand: 不受控制
我可管不了了呀,闺女。
Word got out that you were disobeying, and they sent Reggie over.
disobey: 不遵守,不听话
有人说,你们要是不听话,他们就差遣Reggie来管教你们。
-Juanita: Who sent Reggie over?
谁要让Reggie来啊?
-Gaby: Well, I know how much you love him, but...
呃,我知道你们很爱他,但是...
it was your daddy.
是你爸爸啦。
-Reggie: Enough chatter. Keep moving!
chatter: 喋喋不休的谈
少废话! 快点收拾!
when they're done, you want me to make them vacuum?
vacuum: 吸尘器
她们弄完之后,要不要我让她们吸个尘?
-Gaby: If you wouldn't mind.,
如果你不介意的话。
-Reggie: Nah.
好咧。
-Edie: Guess
猜。
-Susan: Oh, Come on, Edie. I said I was Sorry.,
拜托,Edie,我说对不起了。
-Edie: Guess
猜。
-Susan: July?
六月刊?
-Edie: Wrong. March!
错了,三月刊!
Man, you're bad at this.
衰人,玩这个你可真逊啊。
Guess.
猜。
-Man:Oh, hey, Mrs. Williams. I didn't know you were down here.
嘿,Williams太太,我不知道你在这儿。
-Susan: Oh, thank god! We've been locked in here all night.
感谢上帝,我们被锁在这儿一晚上了。
-Man:Really? Good thing I came by to check the rat traps then.
trap: 陷阱
是吗? 幸好我过来看下捕鼠器装好没。
-Edie: I'm glad I forgot about those until now.
很高兴我直到现在才知道有这茬。
uh, Mayer?
呃,Mayer?
I, uh, would appreciate it if you wouldn't talk about what we talked about.
appreciate:感谢
你要是不说我们俩说的那些话,我... 我会很感谢的。
-Susan: I wasn't planning to.
我也没这打算。
-Edie: Good, because I'll deny it if you do.
deny: 否认
很好,因为即便你说了,我也矢口否认。
-Susan: I won't.
我不会说的。
-Edie: And... I'll kill you.
还有...我会杀了你。
-Susan: Good-bye, Edie.
再见,Edie。
-Edie: Oh, I'll bring your mail over when I get home.
等我回家后,我拿你的信给你。
-Susan: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Lynette: Hey, mom.
嘿,妈妈。
I just came by to tell you that the judge threw out Porter's case for lack of evidence.
threw out: 拒绝(提议等)【drop charges: 撤诉】 case: 案件 lack for: 缺少 evidence: 证据
我来告诉你,因为缺乏证据,法官撤销了对Porter的指控。
Isn't that great?
好消息,不是吗?
Mom..
妈妈...
I did not put you in here to punish you.
punish: 惩罚
我送你到这儿不是惩罚你。
I didn't ha

ve a choice.
我没得选择。
-Lynette’s mom: You had a choice.
你有的啊。
-Lynette: No, I didn't.
不,我没有。
From the moment Glen died, you were out of control.
out of control: 失去控制【前面出现的out of hand也表达该意思】
Glen死后你整个人都崩溃了。
It's true you lost all that money in Vegas.
你确实在赌城输光了你所有的钱。
You started drinking again.
然后你又开始酗酒。
how many times did I go to your condo,
condo: 公寓
每次我去你的公寓...
only to find you asleep on the sofa, with a cigarette in your mouth?
都发现你醉倒在沙发上,嘴里叼着一根烟。
No, I won't apologize for bringing you here.
apologize: 道歉
不,送你到这里,我并不愧疚。
I did it because I love you.
我之所以这么做,是因为我爱你。
-Lynette’s mom: Then why don't you come visit me?
那你为什么不来看我?
-Lynette: It's not a very pleasant experience.
experience: 经历
看你的时候可并不愉快。
-Lynette’s mom: So I yell a little.
yell: 吼叫
我吵闹了几回。
So I toss a few curse words your way. Big deal!
toss: 投掷 curse: 诅咒,咒骂
又骂了你几次,那又怎样!
-Lynette: Last time I came you, threw pudding at me.
pudding: 布丁
上次我来的时候,你往我身上扔布丁。
-Lynette’s mom: I'm an angry old woman, Lynette! What do you expect?
我是个暴躁的老太太,Lynette! 你要我怎么做?
-Lynette: Here's a thought… stop being angry.
我只要你... 别再那么暴躁。
-Lynette’s mom: How?
怎么做?
I can't make a friend in this place without having them drop dead of a stroke five minutes later.
drop head: 倒毙,暴死,突然死去【kick the bucket: 一命呜呼】 stroke: 中风
我在这里一个朋友也交不到,除非他们五分钟后中风死掉。
I…I feel like hell. Every time I look in the mirror, I wanna scream.
我好痛苦,每次照镜子,我都想大声喊叫。
My anger is all I've got left, baby.
我的怒火是我仅存的生命孩子。
If I let go of that, it's over. I know it.
如果有一天我不再发怒了,一切就都完了,我知道。
The ball game will be over
ball game: 球赛【后多引申为“形式、状况、事态”,或者“竞争、竞赛的格局”。】
我的命就会死掉。
-Lynette: The ball game is going to end whether you like it or not.
不论你喜不喜欢,生命都会结束。
I would like to be here with you for whatever time you have left.
无论你剩下多长时间,我都想陪你到最后。
But for that to happen, things have to change.
但如果真要那么做,我们得做些改变。
-Lynette’s mom: Would you come visit me more often?
你能多来看我几次吗?
-Lynette: At least twice a week, and sometimes I'd bring the kids.
每周至少两次,我时不时带上孩子们。
-Lynette’s mom: I'd like that. You know they turned out really

good.
turn out: 变成
我喜欢! 瞧他们一个个出落得多齐整。
How'd you learn how to be such a good mom?
你怎么知道怎么做个好母亲?
-Lynette: I have no idea.
我不知道。
-Lynette’s mom: Well, now that you're here, why don't you stay and we can talk a while?
既然你来了,不如多坐一会,我们母女俩聊聊?
I--and get my flask out of the drawer.
flask: 烧瓶,小水瓶
我去抽屉里拿酒出来。
Hey, I can't be nice, forgiving and sober all at the same time.
sober: 清醒的,稳重的
嘿,我不能同时又善解人意又慈祥和蔼又滴酒不沾清醒呀。
-Juanita: Daddy!
爸爸!
-Celia: Daddy!
爸爸!
-Carlos: Missed you guys.
我好想你们哟。
You're really helping mommy, huh? That's great.
你们真的在帮妈妈做事哈太乖了。
-Juanita: The scary man told us we had to.
scary: 可怕的
那个可怕的坏人命令我们的。
-Carlos: We don't even know the guy. He left a flier in our mailbox.
flier: 传单
我们甚至都不认识那个人,他不过是留了传单在邮箱里。
You left him do your parenting?
你就让他替你管教孩子?
-Gaby: Hey, you're the one who told me to get creative.
creative: 创造性的
别忘了是你让我自己动脑筋的!
-Carlos: This wasn't what I meant!
我不是让你这么做!
-Gaby: Easy for you to say.
说得轻巧。
They told me they love you more than me.
她们居然说爱你比爱我更多。
-Carlos: And when I was running things, they said they loved you more.
而我东奔西跑忙活的时候,她们说更加爱你!
-Gaby: Really?
是真的吗?
-Carlos: So don't get your feelings hurt, and stop asking strangers to discipline our kids.
discipline:训练,纪律,惩罚
你别太难过了,不要再让陌生人调教我们的孩子。
-Gaby: Well, I wouldn't have to if you would do it.
我也是没办法呀,你又不管。
-Carlos: So you want me to go to work all day, go out on business trips,
你又要我去整日工作,出长差。
and what little time I have here with the girls, you want me to spend screaming at them?
scream: 吼叫
只有少得可怜的时间陪陪女儿,你却还要我对他们大吼大叫?
-Gaby: Just for the first 15 minutes after you walk in the door.
只要你进门后15分钟这么做就可以了嘛。
Then it's Carlos time.
剩下的时间你说了算。
-Carlos: Forget it! This was the arrangement you wanted. You made me take this job.
arrangement: 安排
算了吧,你想怎样就怎样啊,你逼我接下了这份工作。
-Gaby: I just wanted us to have a normal life.
normal: 正常的
我只想让我们有个正常的生活。
-Carlos: Well, guess what, sweetie? Dad's unhappy at work.
知道了吗,宝贝? 爸爸工作不开心。
Mom's home with the screaming kids. You got one.
妈妈在家陪着吵闹不休的孩子们,这就是正常的生活。
-Bree: Oh, good. You're back.
好啊,你回来了。
Can we talk

相关文档
最新文档