绝望的主妇 Desperate Housewives 台词

绝望的主妇 Desperate Housewives 第一季中英文剧本1

My name is Mary Alice Young.
我是Mary Alice Young.


When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article
当你浏览今天的晨报,可能会读到一篇文章


about the unusual day I had last week.
关于上个星期我所渡过的不平常的一天.


Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life,
通常,我的生活里是没有什么有新闻报道价值的,


but that all changed last thursday.
但是上个星期四一切都改变了.


Of course, everything seemed quite normal at first.
当然,起初,一切看起来都很平常.


I made breakfast for my family.
我给一家人做好早餐.


I performed my chores.
做家务.


I completed my projects.
完成我的手工作品.


I ran my errands.
完成我的使命.

In truth, I spent the day as I spent every other day --

事实上, 和平时没什么不同--


quietly polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
一切都和往常一样,直到一件不寻常的事情的发生.


That's why it was so astonishing when I decided to go to my hallway closet
这就是为什么一切令人震惊,当我决定走向走廊的壁橱,


and retrieve a revolver that had never been used.
拿起一把从没用过的左轮手枪.


My body was discovered by my neighbor mrs. Martha Huber,
我的尸体是被我的邻居Martha Huber发现的,


who had been startled by a strange popping sound.
她被一声奇怪的声音吓了一跳.


Her curiosity aroused,
她觉得很好奇,

mrs. Huber tried to think of a reason for dropping in on me unannounced.

Huber太太想了一个来不请自来的理由.


After some initial hesitation,
在犹豫了一会之后,

she decided to return the blender she had borrowed from me six months before.

她决定来归还她6个月前从我这里借去搅拌器.


It's my neighbor. I think she's been shot.
我的邻居,我觉得她被枪击了.

There's blood everywhere.

到处都是血.

Yes. You've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now.

是的,赶紧派救护车,叫救护车.


And for a moment,
过了一会之后,

mrs. Huber stood motionless in her kitchen,

Huber太太呆呆地站在厨房里,

grief-stricken by this senseless tragedy...

因为这件事情而感动极度悲伤...


But only for a moment.
但是只有那么一会.

If there was one thing mrs. Huber was known for,

如果说Huber最大的特点,


it was her ability to look on the bright side.
就是她总能把事情往好的方面想.


I was laid to rest on a monday.
星期一人们把我安葬了.

After the funeral, all the residents of wisteria lane came to pay their respects.

葬礼之后,所有住在wisteria lane人都来表示他们对我的怀念和尊敬.


And, as peop

le do in these situations, they brought food.
就像人们在这种情况下通常会做的,他们送来点吃的.


Lynette Scavo brought fried chicken.
Lynette Scavo带了炸鸡.

Lynette had a great family recipe for fried chicken.

Lynette有一个大家庭,大家都喜欢炸鸡.


Of course, she didn't cook much while she was moving up the corporate ladder.
当然,当她还是个职业女性的时候,她很少做饭.


She didn't have the time.
她没有时间.

But when her doctor announced Lynette was pregnant,

但是当她的医生告诉她怀孕了的时候,

her husband Tom had an idea.

他的丈夫Tom想了个办法.

"Why not quit your job?

"为什么不辞职呢"?

"Kids do better with stay-at-home moms. It would be so much less stressful."

"妈妈待在家里带出来的孩子会比较好,而且这样压力也比较小."


But this was not the case.
但是事实并非如此.

In fact, Lynette's life had become so hectic,

事实上,Lynette的生活变得如此兴奋,


she was now forced to get her fried chicken from a fast-food restaurant.
她不得不去快餐店买一只炸鸡.


Lynette would have appreciated the irony if she stopped to think about it,
Lynette 如果仔细想想,可能会明白这是反话,


but she couldn't. She didn't have the time.
但是她不能,她没有时间.

- Stop it ! - But, mom!

- 住手! - 但是,妈妈!

No,

不,

you are going to behave today.

你们今天乖一点.

I am not going to be humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood.

我不想在大家面前丢脸.


And just so you know how serious I am...
我是认真的...

what's that?

这是什么?

Santa's cell phone number.

Santa的电话号码r.

How'd you get that?

你怎么知道的?

I know someone who knows someone who knows an elf,

我认识个朋友,她的朋友里有人认识一个小恶魔,

and if any of you acts up, so help me, I will call Santa,

所以,今天如果你们谁捣蛋,我马上打电话给Santa,


and I will tell him you want socks for Christmas.
我会告诉他,你们圣诞节只要短袜就可以了.


You willing to risk that?
想试试么?


Okay. Let's get this over with.
好,那么我们把这个收起来.


Gabrielle Solis, who lives down the block,
Gabrielle Solis,住在街区的后面,

brought a spicy paella.

带了辣肉菜饭.


Since her modeling days in New York,
自从她开始在纽约当模特以来,

Gabrielle had developed a taste for rich food...

她对食物的品味渐渐提高...


and rich men.
还有那些有钱的男人.


Carlos, who worked in mergersnd acquisitions,
Carlos, who worked in mergersnd acquisitions,

proposed on their third date.

在他们第三次约会的时候跟她求婚.

Gabrielle was touched when tears welled up in his eyes,

当Gabrielle看见他眼

眶中的泪水时,被感动了,

but she soon discovered this happened

但是她很快发现

every time Carlos closed the big deal.

每当Carlos成功靠近一些大人物时都会这样.

Gabrielle liked her paella piping hot.

Gabrielle喜欢她那些新鲜的肉菜饭.

However, her relationship with her husband was considerably cooler.

但是她和她丈夫的关系很冷淡.


If you talk to Al Mason at this thing,
如果今天早上你跟Al Mason交谈,

I want you to casually mention how much I paid for your necklace.

我希望你能装着很随意的提起我花了多少钱给你买这条项链.

He let me know how much he paid for his wife's new convertible.

他上次告诉我他为他妻子的新造型花了多少.

Why don't I just pin the receipt to my chest?

我干脆在胸前贴一个价目条好了?

Look, just work it into the conversation.

看,只要在聊天的时候插入就可以了.

There's no way I can just work that in, Carlos.

我怎么插得进去嘛, Carlos.

Why not?

为什么?

At the Donoghue party, everyone was talking mutual funds,

Donoghue聚会上,每个人都在谈论那些什么共有基金,

and you found a way to mention you slept with half the Yankee outfield.

你却说什么你和那些农场里一半以上的美国佬睡过.

I'm telling you, it came up in the context of the conversation.

我告诉过你了,当时他们在说这些.

Hey, people are starting to stare. Can you keep your voice down, please?

喂,大家都在看,轻点,好么?

Absolutely. We wouldn't want them to think we're not happy.

当然,我可不希望他们认为我们不和.


Bree van de Kamp, who lives next door,
Bree van de Kamp,住在隔壁,

brought baskets of muffins she baked from scratch.

带了两篮她烤的松饼.


Bree was known for her cooking,
Bree擅长做饭,

and for making her own clothes,

会自己做衣服,

and for doing her own gardening,

会园艺,

and for reupholstering her own furniture.

甚至会给她的沙发装椅面.


Yes, Bree's many talents were known throughout the neighborhood,
是的, Bree的很多才能大家都知道,


and everyone on Wisteria lane thought of Bree as the perfect wife and mother.
所有住在Wisteria lane的人都认为Bree是个完美的妻子和母亲.

Everyone, that is, except her own family.

每个人,事实上,除了她的家人.


Paul. Zachary.
Paul. Zachary.

Hello, mrs. Van De Kamp.

你好,Van De Kamp太太.

Bree, you shouldn't have gone to all this trouble.

Bree,不好意思这么麻烦你.

It was no trouble at all.

一点也不麻烦.

Now, the basket with the red ribbon is filled with desserts for your guests,

这个扎红带子的篮子里装了一些甜点,餐后你可以拿给客人们享用,


but the one with the blue ribbon is just for you and Zachary.


但是这个扎蓝色带子的篮子里装的东西是给你和Zachary.


It's got rolls, muffins, breakfast-type things.
有松饼,各种各样的可以装在篮子里的吃的.

Thank you.

谢谢.

Well, the least I could do is

嗯,至少这是我能做的,

make sure you boys had a decent meal to look forward to in the morning.

这样孩子们明天早上至少能吃顿好的.


I know you're out of your minds with grief.
我知道你已经悲痛欲绝了.

Yes, we are.

是的.


Of course, I will need the baskets back once you're done.
当然,吃完东西记得把篮子还给我.


Of course.
当然.


Susan Mayer, who lives across the street,
Susan Mayer,住在街对面,

brought macaroni and cheese.

带来了通心粉和奶酪.

Her husband Carl always teased her about her macaroni,

她的丈夫Carl总是笑她做的通心粉,

saying it was the only thing she knew how to cook,

说这是她唯一会做的东西,

and she rarely made it well.

而且她还做不好.


It was too salty the night she and Carl moved into their house.
她和Carl搬来那天晚上做的,太咸.


It was too watery the night she found lipstick on Carl's shirt.
当她发现Carl的衬衫上有唇印的那天晚上做的通心粉又太松软.


She burned it the night carl told her he was leaving her for his secretary.
carl告诉她要离开她去他的秘书那里的那天晚上,她把通心粉倒了.


A year had passed since the divorce.
她已经离婚一年了.

Susan had started to think how nice it would be to have a man in her life,

Susan开始觉得生活中有个男人是件美好的事情,

even one who would make fun of her cooking.

就算是一个只会嘲弄她的厨艺的男人.

Mom... why would someone kill themselves?

妈妈... 为什么有人要自杀?


Well... sometimes people are so unhappy,
嗯...因为他们太不快乐了,

they think that's the only way they can solve their problems.

他们觉得这是他们解决问题的唯一方法.


But mrs. Young always seemed happy.
但是,Young太太看起来一直很开心啊.

Yeah, sometimes people pretend to be one way on the outside when they're totally different on the inside.

嗯,是的,有时候有些人在外人面前的表现和实际上是完全不一样的.


Oh, you mean like how dad's girlfriend always smiling and says nice things,
哦,你是说爸爸的女朋友总是表面上看起来很好,

but deep down, you just know she's a bitch?

但是实际上,她只是个婊子?

I don't like that word, Julie.

我不喜欢这个字眼, Julie.

But, yeah, that's a great example.

但是,是的,这个例子棒极了.


Hey, what's going on? Sorry I'm late.
嗨,怎么了,抱歉我来迟了.

Hi, susan.

嗨, susan.


Hey. So, what did Carl say when you confronted him?
嗨,那么,当你反对的时

候, Carl怎么说?

You'll love this. He said...

你会喜欢这个的,他说...

"it doesn't mean anything. It was just sex."

"这不代表什么,只是性."


Ah, yes, page one of the philanderer's handbook.
哦是的,这是那些花花公子手册上第一页所写的.

Yeah, and then he got this zen look on his face, and he said, "you know, Susan,

是的,然后他摆出一脸无辜的表情,说, "你知道的, Susan,


most men live lives of quiet desperation."
大部分男人都在平静的绝望中过着他们的生活."

Please tell me you punched him.

请告诉我说你踹了他.

No, I said, "really? And what do most women lead

没有,我说, "是么,那么大部分女人

lives of noisy fulfillment?"

每天所过的吵吵闹闹的日子有是什么呢?"

Hmm. Good for you.

嗯,说得好.

I mean, of all people, did he have to bang his secretary? I had that woman over for brunch.

我不明白,那么多人,干嘛和他的秘书搞在一起? 大概她的早餐做得比我好.

It's like my grandmother always said -- an erect penis doesn't have a conscience.

就像我祖母说的 -- 男人勃起的时候毫无道德可言.


Even the limp ones aren't that ethical.
就算没勃起的时候也是没什么道德的.

This is half the reason I joined the NRA.

这是半个我加入NRA的原因.

Well, when Rex started going to those medical conferences,

嗯,当Rex开始参加这些医学会议时,

I wanted it in the back of his mind that he had a loving wife at home

我希望他记得还有个爱他的妻子在家里等他.


with a loaded Smith & Wesson.
还有一群孩子.

Lynnie, Tom's always away on business. Do you ever worry he might?

Lynnie, Tom总是在外面公干,难道你不担心么?


Oh, please, the man's gotten me pregnant three times in four years.
哦,拜托,这个男人让我在4年内怀了3次孕.


I wish he was having sex with someone else.
我希望他去和别人做爱.


So, Susan, is he going to stop seeing that woman?
那么, Susan,他决定不再见那个女人了么?


I don't know.
我不知道.


I'm sorry, you guys. I just...
我很抱歉,我只是...


I just don't know how I'm going to survive this.
我只是不知道该如何渡过这一切.


Listen to me.
听我说.

We all have moments of desperation.

我们都有过绝望的时候.


But if we can face them head-on, that's when we find out just how strong we really are.
但是当我们勇于面对这些并继续前进,我们就会发现自己是多么坚强.


Susan. I was just saying Paul wants us to go over on friday.
Susan.我刚说Paul让我们周五过去.

He needs us to go through Mary Alice's closetand help pack up her things.

他想让我们帮忙收拾Mary Alice的衣橱和其他的东西.

He said he can't face doing it by himself.

他说他一个人无法

面对这一切.

Sure. That's fine.

好的,没有问题.

Are you okay?

你还好吧?

Yeah.

当然.

I'm just so angry.

我只是有点生气.

If Mary Alice was having problems,she should have come to us.

如果Mary Alice有什么困难,应该来找我们.

She should have let us help her.

她应该找我们帮忙.

What kind of problems could she have had?

她到底有什么问题?

She was healthy, had a great home, a nice family.

她很健康,有个温暖的家.

- Her life was... - Our life.

- 她的生活... - 我们的生活.


No, if Mary Alice was having some sort of crisis, we'd have known.
不, 如果Mary Alice 遇到什么危机,我们应该知道.


She lives 50 feet away, for god's sakes.
她就住在50英尺外.

Gabby, the woman killed herself.

Gabby,她自杀了.

Something must have been going on.

一定发生了什么.


I wouldn't eat that if I were you.
如果我是你,我一定不会吃.

Why?

为什么?

I made it. Trust me.

这是我做的,相信我.


Hey, hey, do you -- do you have a death wish?
嗨,嗨,你有什么遗愿么?

No, I just refuse to believe that anybody cans crew up macaroni and cheese.

不,我只是不相信有人会做不好通心粉和奶酪.


Oh, my god.
哦,上帝.

How did you -- it tastes like it's burned and undercooked.

你怎么----感觉像烧焦了,又像没煮熟.


Yeah, I get that a lot. Here you go.
嗯,我说过了.


Ha ha. Thanks.
哈哈,谢谢.

I'm Mike Delfino. I just started renting the simms house next door.

我是Mike Delfino.我刚开始租SIMM的房子,就在隔壁.


Susan Mayer. I live across the street.
Susan Mayer. 我住在对街.


Oh, yeah, mrs. Huber told me about you.
哦,是的,Huber太太跟我提起过你.

Said you illustrate children's books.

说你给孩子们的书画插图.

Yeah, I'm very big with the under-5 set.

是啊,那些给5岁以下孩子们看的.


- What do you do? - Plumber.
- 你呢? - 水管工.

So if you ever have a clog...

如果你的水管被堵了...


or something.
或是其他什么.


Now that everybody's seen that I brought something,
现在,大家都看到我带来什么了,


I should probably just throw this out.
我最好还是扔了它们.


Ease up, you little vampire.
放轻松.


Lynette, I've been looking all over for you.
Lynette,我正到处找你.


Are you aware of what your sons are doing?
你知道你的儿子们在干嘛么?


What are you doing? We are at a wake.
你们在干嘛?我们是来守夜的.


When we got here, you said we could go in the pool.
我们来的时候,你说过我们可以在水池里玩的.

I said you could go by the pool.

我说你们可以在水池边玩.


Do you have your swimsuits on?
你们穿游泳裤了?

Yeah, we put them under our clo

thes before we left.

是的,我们来的时候就穿好了.

You three planned this? All right. That's it. Get out!

你们早就计划好了,我明白了,出来!


- No! - No?
- 不! - 不?

I am your mother. You have to do what I say. Come on.

我是你们老妈,要听我的话,快点.

We want to swim, and you can't stop us!

我们想游泳,你不可以阻止我们!


Get out, or I will get in this pool and just grab you. Get out!
出来,否则我就进去抓你们了,出来!


Get over here.
过来.


Get -- get over here!
过来!


All right, give me your arm. Get back --
好,把你的胳膊给我,回去 --


Move it! That's right! Get over here!
很好,过来!


Paul, we have to leave now.
Paul,我们得走了.

Once again, I am so sorry for your loss.

我很遗憾.


Go.
走.


Lynette shouldn't have been so concerned about my husband.
Lynette没必要这么在意我的丈夫.


He had other things on his mind --
他脑袋里在想别的事情 --

things below the surface.

一些被掩盖的事情.


The morning after my funeral,
我葬礼的第二天早上,

my friends and neighbors quietly went back to their busy, busy lives.

我的朋友和邻居们又回到了他们从前忙碌的生活.


While some did their cooking...
有些人在做饭...


and some did their cleaning...
有的人在打扫...


and some did their yoga...
有的做瑜珈...

others did their homework.

有人在做家庭作业.

Hi.

嗨.

I'm Julie. I kicked my soccer ball into your backyard.

我是Julie.我的球不小心踢进你的后院了.


Oh, okay. Well, let's go around and get it.
哦,没关系,我们去拿回来.

Stay.

待在这儿.


His wife died a year ago.
他妻子一年前死了.

He wanted to stay in L.A., but there were too many memories.

他想待在 L.A.,但是那有太多的回忆.

He's renting for tax purposes, but he hopes to buy a place real soon.

他租了那里,但是想尽快买个房子.

I can't believe you went over there.

真不敢相信你跑去那里了.

Hey, I saw you both flirting at the wake.

嗨,那天我看见你们在互相调情.

You're obviously into each other.

你们互相吸引.

Now that you know he's single, you can ask him out.

现在你知道他是单身,就可以约他出来.

Julie, I like mr. Delfino, I do.

Julie, 我的确喜欢Delfino先生.

I just, uh, I don't even know if I'm ready to start dating yet.

我只是,我还不知道自己是否准备好要开始约会了.


Oh, you need to get back out there.
哦,你需要从这里走出去.

Come on. How long has it been since you've had sex?

去吧,你有多久没做爱了?


Are you mad that I asked you that?
我问这个会不会让你生气?

No, I'm just trying to remember.

不,我只是在想.

I don't want

to talk to you about my love life anymore. It weirds me out.

我不想和你谈我的感情生活,这很奇怪.

I wouldn't have said anything. It's just...

我不会说什么了,只是...

What?

什么?

I heard dad's girlfriend ask if you'd dated anyone since the divorce,

我听说老爸的女朋友问你离婚后有没有什么约会,


and dad said he doubted it.
老爸说他很怀疑.


And then they both laughed.
然后他们都笑了.


- Susan. - Hi, Mike.
- Susan. -你好, Mike.

I brought you a little housewarming gift.

我带了点小礼物,欢迎你来这里住.

I probably should have brought something by earlier, but...

我应该早点来的,但是...

actually, you're the first in the neighborhood to stop by.

事实上,你是第一个来拜访我的人.

Really?

真的么?

Susan knews he was lucky.

Susan知道她很幸运.

An eligible bachelor had moved onto wisteria lane,

一个条件不错的单身汉搬来wisteria lane住,

and she was the first to find out,

她是第一个发现的人,

but she also knew that good news...

但是她也知道好消息...


Travels quickly.
传得很快.

Edie Britt was the most predatory divorc閑 in a 5-block radius.

Edie Britt是附近最风骚的离婚女人.


Her conquests were numerous...
她的群下之臣无数...


varied...
各种各样...


and legendary.
简直就像小说.


Hi, Susan. I hope I'm not interrupting.
嗨, Susan.希望没有打扰到你们.


You must be Mike Delfino. Hi, I'm Edie. Britt.
你一定就是Mike Delfino.嗨,我是Edie. Britt.


I live over there.
我住那边.

Welcome to Wisteria lane.

欢迎你来Wisteria lane.

Susan had met the enemy, and she was a slut.

Susan遇到了敌人,而且还是个荡妇.


Thank you. Ha ha. What's this?
谢谢,哈哈,这是什么?

Sausage putanesca. It's just something I threw together.

一些腊肠之类的东西.我把他们混合了一下.


Well, thanks, Edie. Ha ha. That's great.
哦,谢谢, Edie.哈哈,很棒.


I'd invite you both in, but I was sort of in the middle of something.
我应该邀请你们进来,但是屋子很乱.


And just like that, the race for Mike Delfino had begun.
就这样,对于Mike Delfino的竞争开始了.


For a moment, Susan wondered if her rivalry with Edie would remain friendly.
有那么一会儿, Susan 很怀疑她和Edie能否友好竞争.


Oh, Mike. I heard you're a plumber?
哦, Mike.听说你是个水管工?

But she was reminded that when it came to men...

但是她想起,当男人...

do you think you could stop by later tonight and take a look at my pipes?

今天晚上有没有空帮我看看我家的水管?


- Women don't fight fair. - Sure.
- 女人不会打架. - 当然.

Thanks.

谢谢.


Bye, Susan.
再见, Susan.


You can't order m

e around like I'm a child.
你不要老是把我当成小孩子来命令我.

- Gabrielle. - No. No, no, no. I'm not going.

- Gabrielle. - 不,不,不,不,我不去.

It's business. Tanaka expects everyone to bring their wives.

这是工作. Tanaka希望每个人都待妻子来.

Every time I'm around that man, he tries to grab my ass.

每次在他旁边的时候,他总想摸我的屁股.


Ha ha. I made over $200,000 doing business with him last year.
哈哈. 去年,我跟他做了一宗 $200,000的生意.


If he wants to grab your ass, you let him.
如果她想摸的屁股,那就让她摸吧.


Mr. Solis. You scared me.
Mr. Solis.你吓到我了.

Why is that bush still there? You were supposed to dig it up last week.

这个矮树丛怎么还在这里,上个星期你就应该把他们弄掉了.

I didn't have time last week.

上个星期我没空.

I don't want to hear your excuses. Just take care of it.

我不要听你的解释,你只要给我做好就可以了.


I really hate the way you talk to me.
我实在很讨厌你跟我说话的态度.

And I really hate that I spend $15,000

我也很讨厌我花了$15,000

on your diamond necklace that you couldn't live without,

给你买了那条你没有就不能活的钻石项链,

but I'm learning to deal with it.

但是我试着搞定了.

So can I tell Tanaka we'll be there tomorrow night?

那么我可以告诉Tanaka明晚我们都会去?

John. We have bandage stop shelf in the kitchen.

John. 厨房的架子上有创口贴.


Thanks, mrs. Solis.
谢谢,Solis太太.


Fine. I'll go.
很好,我走了.

But I'm keeping my back pressed against the wall the entire time.

但是我会一整晚都靠在墙上的.


See? Now this is what a marriage is all about -- compromise.
看到了吧?这就是婚姻---妥协.


Is your finger okay?
你的手指还好么?

Yeah, yeah, it's just a small cut.

哦,是的,只是个小伤口.

Let me see.

让我看看.


Hmm. You know, mrs. Solis,
嗯,你知道的,Solis太太,


Um, I really like it when we hook up,
嗯,当我们交缠的时候会很棒的,


but, um, well, you know, I-I got to get my work done,
但是,嗯,我得干活,

and I can't afford to lose this job.

我不能失去这份工作.


This table is hand-carved.
这张桌子是手工刻的.

Carlos had it imported from Italy.

Carlos从意大利买回来的.

It cost him $23,000.

花了他$23,000.


You want to do it on the table this time?
你想在这张桌子上做?

Absolutely.

当然.


Why can't we ever have normal soup?
我们为什么不能喝普通一点的汤?

Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree.

Danielle,罗勒汤没什么不正常的啊.


Just once, couldn't we have a soup that people have heard of?
只要一次就好,难到我们不能喝点大家

都知道的汤?

Like french onion or navy bean.

就像法国洋葱或者是菜豆.

First of all, your father can't eat onions. He's deathly allergic.

首先,你们的父亲不能吃洋葱,他对这个极度过敏.

And I won't even dignify your navy bean suggestion.

还有,你那个关于菜豆的建议我是不会考虑的.


So... how's the osso buco?
那么...炖小牛胫怎么样?


It's okay.
可以.

It's okay?

可以?

Andrew, I spent three hours cooking this meal.

Andrew,我花了3个小时准备晚餐.

How do you think it makes me feel when you say "it's okay" in that sullen tone?

你觉得如果我听到有人用那种闷闷的口气跟我说"可以"我是什么感觉?


Who asked you to spend three hours on dinner?
没人让你花3个小时做晚餐?


Excuse me?
什么?

Tim Harper's mom gets home from work,

Tim Harper的妈妈下班后才回家,

pops open a can of pork and beans,

开一罐猪肉大豆罐头,

and boom, they're eating. Everyone's happy.

他们就这么吃. 每个人都吃得很开心.

You'd rather I serve pork and beans?

你情愿我给你们做大豆或是猪肉?

Apologize now. I am begging.

现在给我道歉.

I'm saying, do you always have to serve cuisine?

我是说,你干嘛总要弄这些来显示你的厨艺呢?

Can't we ever just have food?

难道我们不能就是吃饭而已?

Are you doing drugs?

你磕药了么?

What?

什么?

Change in behavior is one of the warning signs,

怪异的行为是一种信号,

and you have been as fresh as paint for the last six months.

之前半年都很正常.


That certainly would explain why you're always locked in the bathroom.
这个就是你总是把自己关在浴室里的原因么.

- Trust me, that is not what he is doing. - Shut up.

- 相信我,他绝对没有那么做. - 闭嘴.

Mom, I'm not the one with the problem here, all right?

妈妈,这儿有问题的人不是我,明白么?

You're the one always acting like she's running for mayor of Stepford.

你总是搞得好像你要去竞选Stepford市市长一样.


Rex.
Rex.

Seeing that you're the head of this household, I would really appreciate you saying something.

你是一家之主,你不应该说点什么么.


Pass the salt?
把盐给我?


Three days after my funeral,
葬礼后的3天,

Lynette replaced her grief with a much more useful emotion --

Lynette调试了自己的心情,不再悲痛 --


indignation.
而是愤怒.

Tom, this is my fifth message, and you still haven't called me back.

Tom, 这是我的第五通留言了, 你还不给我回话.


Well, you must be having a lot of fun on your business trip. I can only imagine.
我相信你在外面一定玩得很开心吧. 我可以想象.


Well, guess what -- the kids and I want to have some fun, too,
嗯,猜猜看---

我和孩子们也要出去玩玩,

so unless you call me back by noon,

除非你中午之前给我回电话,

we are getting on a plane and joining you.

我们正在飞机上,马上就加入你们.

Mom!

妈妈!

Not now, honey. Mommy's threatening daddy.

等等,宝贝,我正在威胁你爸爸.


Mom. No, I -- where are your brothers?
妈妈,不, 我----你兄弟呢?


- Noodles. - My favorite.
- 面条. - 我的最爱.


Lynette Scavo?
Lynette Scavo?

Crap.

废话.

Natalie Klein. I don't believe it.

Natalie Klein. 真不敢相信.


Lynette. How long has it been?
Lynette. 我们多久没见了?

Years.

几年了.

Uh, how are you? How's the firm?

呃,你现在怎样? 公司怎样?

Good. Everyone misses you.

很好,大家都很想念你.


Yeah. We all say if you hadn't quit,
是的,我们总说如果你没有辞职,

you'd be running the place by now.

现在一定是你管理大家.

Yeah, well...

是啊,呃...


So... how's domestic life?
那么...家居生活如何呢?


Don't you just love being a mom?
是不是很爱做妈妈的感觉?


And there it was -- the question that Lynette always dreaded.
这就是 Lynette最害怕的问题.


Well, to be honest...
呃,老实说...

for those who asked it, only one answer was acceptable,

对于这些提问的人,只有一个答案是令人满意的,


so Lynette responded as she always did.
所以Lynette就像往常一样回答了这个问题.

She lied.

她撒了个谎.

It's the best job I've ever had.

这是我做过的最棒的工作.


You know what I don't get?
你知道什么是我没有得到的么?

What?

什么?

Why you married mr. Solis.

你为什么会嫁给 Solis先生.


Well... he promised to give me everything I've ever wanted.
呃... 他承诺说给我所有想要的东西.


And did he?
他做到了么?

Yes.

是啊.


Then why aren't you happy?
那么你为什么不开心?


Turns out I wanted all the wrong things.
看起来我似乎要错了.


So do you love him?
那么你爱他么?


I do.
当然.

Well, then, why are we here? Why are we doing this?

那么,我们在这里干嘛? 为什么我们要这么做?


Because I don't want to wake up one morning
因为我不想某天早上醒来的时候

with a sudden urge to blow my brains out.

会突然想要捶打自己的头.


Hey, can I have a drag?
我能要一根么?

Absolutely not.

当然不.

You are much too young to smoke.

你太年轻了,不适合抽烟.


Ah. How would you feel about me using your child-support payments
我用给你留的钱来做整形手术

for plastic surgery?

你会怎么想?

Stop being so nervous. You're just asking him out to dinner. It's no big deal.

别这么紧张. 你不过请他吃晚餐. 这不是什么大事.




You're right.
说得对.

So is that your project for school?

这是你学校的作业?

You know, when I was in fifth grade, I made the white house out of sugar cubes.

你知道的,我5年纪的时候,用方糖做了一个白房子.

Stop stalling and go

别拖拖拉拉的,走吧

before mike figures out he can do better.

在mike发现他能找到更好的之前.

Tell me again why I fought for custody of you.

再说一次我为什么要这么做.


You were using me to hurt dad.
打击爸爸.

Oh, that's right.

没错.


Oh, god.
哦.上帝.


- Hi. - Hey, Susan.
-嗨. -嗨,Susan.


- Are you busy? - No, not at all. What's up?
- 你忙么? - 不,一点也不,怎么了?


Well, I -- I just, uh, was wondering if, um...
呃,我 -- 我只是,想知道,呃...


if there was any chance that you, uh...
有没有机会你, 呃...


I-I just wanted to ask if...
我-我只想问问你是否...


- Edie. - Hey there, Susan.
- Edie. - 嗨, Susan.

What are you --

你怎么 --

I was making ambrosia, and I made too much,

我做些可口的食物,做了很多,

so I thought I'd bring some over to mike.

所以拿点过来给 mike.


What's going on?
怎么了?

Uh, Susan was just going to ask me something.

呃, Susan 说有点事情要问我.


I have a clog.
我的水管堵了.

- Excuse me? - And you're a plumber, right?

- 什么? - 你会修水管,不是么?

Yeah.

是啊.

The clog's in the pipe.

我家的水管堵了.

Yeah, that's usually where they are.

是啊,总是这样.

Well, I've got one.

呃,没错.

Oh, okay. Well, uh let me get my tools.

等等,我拿点工具.

Now? You want to come over now?

现在?你现在过来么?

You have company.

你有客人.

I don't mind.

我不介意.

Yeah, just give me two minutes.

等我两分钟.


I'll be right over. That's it. Just stuff the hair down there.
我完了,把这些头发全塞进去.

I stuffed it. It's not enough to clog it.

我塞了,但是不够.


Here. Okay, look. Put in this peanut butter
好吧,那用这个,把这个花生酱倒进去


and this cooking oil.
还有食用油.


- Mom - And these olives.
- 妈 - 还有橄榄叶.

Mom, I'm telling you, it's not working.

妈,我说了,这不行.


Oh, god. That's him.
哦,天啊,他来了.

How am I going to stop up the sink?

怎样才能把它堵上?


Well, here's your problem.
嗯,这是你的问题.

Looks like somebody stuffed a bunch of popsicle sticks down here.

看起来好像有人把冰棒棍子扔了进来.


I've told julie a million times not to play in the kitchen.
我跟julie说了很多次要她别在厨房里玩.


Kids, you know?
孩子, 知道么?


All right, I'll go put in your orders,
好了,已经点好了,

and I'll be right back w

ith your drinks and your plates for the salad bar.

待会我会拿饮料和盘子过来.

Thank you.

谢谢.

Andrew, Danielle, napkins?

Andrew, Danielle, 餐巾纸?


They have video games.
这里有电视游戏.

Could we go play until our food gets here?

在食物送来之前我们能不能去玩玩?

Andrew, this is family time.

Andrew, 现在是家庭时间.

- I think that we should all - Go ahead and play.

- 我觉得我们都应该 - 去玩吧.


I know that you think I'm angry about coming here, but I'm not.
我知道你会觉得来这儿我很不开心,但是不是这样的.


You and the kids wanted a change of pace,
你和孩子们想要换换,

something fun. I get it.

来点有意义的,我明白.


Probably we'll want something healthier tomorrow night, though.
也许明晚我们可以吃点更健康的.

I'm thinking about chicken Saltimbocca.

来点意式煎小牛肉火腿卷.

I want a divorce.

我们离婚吧.


I just can't live in this --
我再也无法这样生活 --


this detergent commercial anymore.
再也无法忍受.


- The salad bar's right over there. Help yourself. - Thank you.
- 色拉自助吧在那边. 自便. - 谢谢.


Um, I think I'll go get your salad for you.
嗯,我去给你弄点色狼.


Bree Van De Kamp.
Bree Van De Kamp.

Oh. Hello, mrs. Huber.

哦,你好, Huber太太.

We didn't get a chance to talk at Mary Alice's wake.

在Mary Alice的守夜聚会上我们没什么机会交谈.


How are you doing?
你最近如何?

Bree longed to share the truth about her husband's painful betrayal,

Bree 想有人分享她被丈夫背叛的痛苦,


but sadly for Bree,
但是Bree很可悲的认为,

admitting defeat was not an option.

承认失败不是什么好事.

Great. Everything is just great.

很好,一切都很好.


Okay, well, I got you the honey mustard dressing. The ranch looked just a little bit suspect.
哦.我拿点芥末. 这个大农场有点令人怀疑.


Are we going to talk about what I said?
可以继续讨论了么?

If you think I'm going to discuss the dissolution of my marriage in a place

如果你觉得我会在这样一个地方讨论离婚的问题

where the restrooms are labeled "chicks" and "dudes,"

在这样一个房间上的标签都写着什么"小鸡","花花公子"

you're out of your mind.

你就错了.


What's in this?
这里有什么?

What do you mean, what's in this? It's salad.

你什么意思?这里有什么?这是色拉.


- With -- with onions? - What?
- 有洋葱? - 什么?

You put onions in my salad.

你在色拉里面加了洋葱.

No, I didn't.

不,我没有.


Oh, wait.
哦,等等.


The sound that awakened my son
那声音吵醒了我的儿子

was something he'd heard only once before,

他听到过一次,

many yea

rs ago when he was quite young,

很多年以前当他很小的时候,


but he recognized it instantly.
但他很快记起了这声音.


It was the sound of a family secret.
这是家庭的秘密之音.


Seven days after my funeral,
在我的葬礼之后的第七天,

life on Wisteria lane finally returned to normal,

Wisteria lane的生活逐渐正常,


which, for some of my friends...
嗯,我的一些朋友...

was unfortunate.

很不幸.


Now what?
什么?

Daddy's home!

爸爸回家了!


Hey, is anybody home?
家里有人么?


I wasn't expecting you for a week.
我已经快要不指望你了.

I have to go back to frisco in the morning,

我今早必须回frisco,

but I got your call. You sounded a little frazzled.

我收到了你的口讯,你听起来有点疲惫.


Yeah. It's been a little rough.
是啊,有点乱.

Daddy, did you bring us any presents?

爸爸,你带了什么礼物么?

Oh, god, presents. Wait a minute let me see.

哦,天,礼物,等等让我看看.


But I'm not going to give it to you unless you promise me to go outside right now
我不会给你们的除非你们答应我马上去外面玩

and practice throwing it for 20 minutes, okay? You promise?

然后练习20分钟, 好么?怎么样?


Yeah, yeah, yeah! Get out of here. Go.
我们保证,走.

Who's open? Go out!

谁开始,快出去!

Deeper! Deeper!

远点远点!

Touchdown!

接着!

Oh, my god. Oh.

哦,上帝,哦.


Oh, you got to be kidding. I'm exhausted.
你开玩笑吧,我累死了.


I look terrible. I'm covered in peaches.
我看起来很脏乱.

That's all right, baby. I got to have you.

没关系,宝贝,我想要你.


Well, is it okay if I just lie here?
我就这么躺着可以么?

Absolutely.

当然.


I love you.
我爱你.

And I love you more.

我更爱你.


Oh, wait, I got to tell you, I was having trouble with swelling,
哦,等等,忘了告诉你,我有点不适,

so the doctor took me off the pill, so you're just going to have to put on a condom.

所以医生让我 别吃避孕药了,你要带套子.


Condom? What's the big deal? Let's risk it.
避孕套?没什么大不了的,我们赌赌看吧.


- Let's risk it? - Yeah.
- 赌赌看? - 是的.


I can't believe you tried to kill me.
我不敢相信你差点杀了我.

Yes, well, I feel badly about that.

是啊,我很遗憾.

I told you, mrs. Huber came over, and I got distracted.

我说了, Huber 太太跟我聊天,我当时心烦意乱的.

It was a mistake.

这是个失误.

Since when do you make mistakes?

你上次犯错是什么时候?

What's that supposed to mean?

你是什么意思?

It means I'm sick of you being so damn perfect all the time.

我的意思是,你时时刻刻都表现的如此完美让我感到很不舒服.



I-I'm sick of the bizarre way your hair doesn't move.
我很奇怪你的头发为什么从来不会乱.


I'm sick of you making our bed in the morning before I've even used the bathroom.
早上我还没起床沐浴,你就开始整理床了.


You're this plastic suburban housewife
你简直就像外面那个塑料的家庭主妇


with her pearls and her spatula
带着她那珍珠

who says things like "we owe the hendersons a dinner."

说着什么" the hendersons赐给我们晚餐."


Where's the woman I fell in love with...
那个我爱的女人到哪里去了...


who used to burn the toast and drink milk out of the carton...
那个喝着纸盒牛奶,吃烤面包的女人...


and laugh?
开心的笑着?


I need her.
我需要她.

Not this cold, perfect thing you've become.

而不是这个完美却冰冷的女人.


These need water.
我去给花换点水.


Bree sobbed quietly in the restroom for five minutes,
Bree在休息室静静的哭了5分钟,


but he husband never knew,
但是她的丈夫重来不知道,


because when Bree finally emerged...
因为当Bree最终出现的时候...


she was perfect.
她还是那么完美.


I found my earrings. We can go now.
我找到耳环了,走吧.

Was John here today?

John今天来了么?

Well, yeah.

嗯,.

The lawn hasn't been mowed. I've had it.

他今天没有除草.

We're getting a real gardener.

我们需要一个真正的园丁.

- Why? - Are you deaf?

- 为什么? - 你聋了么?

I just said he's not doing his job.

我说了他没有好好做事.

It dark. You just can't see that the lawn has been mowed.

天这么黑,你哪里看得清啊.

It hasn't been. Feel this grass.

肯定没有,你摸摸看啊.

I'm not feeling the grass.

我不想摸这些草.

Let's just get going. Come on. We're late.

快走快走,我们要迟到了.


- Take care of it. - Yes, sir.
- 小心点. - 是的,先生.


There's Tanaka.
Tanaka在那.

Time for me to go into my dance.

该是我上场的时候了.

Good luck, sweetheart.

好运,甜心.


Oh, excuse me. Ma'am? You see that man who just walked away?
哦,不好意思. 夫人?你看到走过去的那个男人了么?

Can you make sure he has a drink in his hand all night long?

你能不能保证今晚他手中一直有酒?


Yes, ma'am.
好的,夫人.


Oh, mrs. Huber,how you doing?
哦,Huber夫人,最近怎么样?

Not too well, I'm afraid.

我恐怕,不是很好.

I'm trying to find something to soothe my stomach.

我在找胃药.

Oh, it's upset?

哦,这个是不是倒了?

Yeah. I had the worst macaroni and cheese at the wake.

哦,是啊,在守夜那天我吃到了最糟糕的通心粉和奶酪.

It's been running through me ever since.

它令我的胃至今仍感不适.

And I need to be at my

best.

我需要一个最好的状态.

Edie Bri's son is spending the night tonight.

Edie Bri的儿子今天来我家过夜.

He's spending the night?

他来过夜?

Apparently, Edie is having a gentleman friend over for dinner,

是的, Edie今晚要和一个绅士共进晚餐


and I think she plans on entertaining into the wee hours,
我猜她今晚打算好好享受享受,


if you know what I mean.
你知道我的意思吧.


Oh, here's some antacid. Have you ever tried this?
哦,这有些抗酸剂,你吃过这个么?


I can't believe it.
我真不敢相信.

This can't be happening. Mike can't like Edie better than me. He just can't.

怎么可能. Mike 怎么回喜欢 Edie . 不可能.

You don't know what's going on.

你还不知道到底怎样.

Maybe they're just having dinner.

也许他们只是共进晚餐.


You're right. They're doing it.
你说的对,或许只是这样.


Edie?
Edie?


Anybody home?
有人在家么?


I need to borrow sugar.
我想借点糖.


And just like that, the possibility Susan had clung to,
就像这样, Susan坚信的一点可能性,


the maybe of Mike Delfino, was gone forever.
Mike Delfino,完全没有了.


And despite the precariousness of her situation,
而且尽管她的情绪有点不稳定,

Susan took a moment to mourn her loss.

Susan坐了一会来哀悼她失去的.


It didn't take Susan long to realize this was just not her night.
take Susan很快发现这个夜晚不属于她.


Is somebody out there?
有人在么?

Oh, my god!

哦,天在!

That's smoke!

那烟!


...candles unattended in the den.
...蜡烛烧了起来.

Paramedics said she was lucky. She could have been killed.

救护人员说她很幸运,她差点被烧死了.


She ran out with nothing on.
她赤裸裸的跑了出来.

She was having sex with some guy when the fire started.

起火的时候她正和人做爱.


What happened to him?
那人怎样了?

He got smoke inhalation. He's at the hospital.

他吸了不少烟,现在在医院.


Susan, are you all right? You look awful.
Susan,你还好吧,你脸色很差.

I'm fine. I'm fine.

我没事,没事.

I-I just, uh... feel really bad for Edie.

我-我只是....为Edie感到难过.


Oh, honey, don't worry about Edie. She's a strong lady.
哦,宝贝,不用担心Edie. 她是个很强的女人.

Absolutely. She'll get through this.

绝对的,她会渡过这些的.

She'll find a way to survive.

她能渡过的.

We all do.

我们都会.


Come on.
走吧.


Wow, what happened?
哦,出什么事情了?

Mike.

Mike.

And suddenly, there he was,

突然,他出现了,

like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

就像凤凰浴火重生.

I-I thought you were --

我-我,我以为 --


Uh, where were you?
呃,你去哪

里了?

I just got back from the movies. Edie had a fire, huh?

我刚去看电影了. Edie 家起火了,呃?


Yeah.
是的.

Yeah, but she's fine now.

但是她现在很好.


Everything's fine now.
一切都很好.

And just like that, Susan was happy.

就像这样, Susan 开心起来.

Life was suddenly full of... possibilities.

生命充满了...各种各样的可能.


Not to mention a few unexpected surprises.
还有一些想不到的惊喜.


Hello? Hey, it's me.
喂,是我.

- Do you have anything yet? - No.

- 你得到什么了? -还没.

No, nothing yet, but don't worry.

不过别担心.

I'm definitely getting closer.

很快就可以到手了.


I brought some champagne.
我拿了点香槟.

I thought we should have a toast.

我想我们应该干一杯.

The next day, my friends came together

第二天,我的朋友聚在一起

to pack away my clothes, my personal belongings,

收拾我的衣服,还有一些私人物品

and what was left of my life.

还有一些遗物.


All right, ladies, lift 'em up.
好了,大家,举杯.

To Mary Alice --

为 Mary Alice --

a good friend and neighbor.

一个好朋友,好邻居.

Wherever you are, we hope you've found peace.

不管你在哪里,都希望你能得到安宁.

To Mary Alice.

为Mary Alice.


Let's get this show on the road.
把这个搬到路上.

You guys check out Mary Alice's clothes?

你们检查过Mary Alice的衣服了?

Size 8? Ha.

8号的? 哈.

She always told me she was a size 6.

她说她穿6号的.

Guess we found the skeleton in her closet.

看看我们能不能在她的衣橱里发现什么.

Not quite, Gabrielle.

等等, Gabrielle.

Not quite.

不是这样的.

What's that?

这是什么?

It's a letter addressed to Mary Alice.

一封给Mary Alice的信.

How ironic --

多么讽刺 --

to have something I tried so desperately to keep secret

如此拼命的守住这个秘密

treated so casually.

这么偶然.

What are you doing? That's private.

这是什么?这是私人物品.

It's open. What's the big deal?

它自己掉出来的,没什么大不了的?


I know what you did. It makes me sick. I'm going to tell.
我知道,只是我觉得有点...

What does this mean ?

这是什么意思?

I don't know but check out the post mark.

我不知道,但是你们看邮戳.

Oh my god! She got it the day she died.

哦,天!是她自杀的那天.


Do you think this is why she...
你觉得这会不会就是她自杀的原因...

I'm so sorry, girls.

我很抱歉.

I never wanted you to be burdened with this.

我从没想过让你们承受这些.


Mary Alice, what did you do ?
Mary Alice, 你到底做了什么 ?




相关文档
最新文档