英文文本

合集下载

世界英文散文精粹中英对照文本

世界英文散文精粹中英对照文本

世界英文散文精粹中英对照WORD文本01_Of Beauty论美Virtue is fairer far than beauty美德远胜于美貌Of Beauty 论美By Francis Bacon 弗兰西斯.培根Virtue is like a rich stone,美德好比宝石best plain set; and surely virtue is best,in a body that is comely,它在朴素背景的衬托下反而更华丽。

though not of delicate features;同样,一个打扮并不华贵and that hath rather dignity of presence, than beauty of aspect.却端庄严肃而有美德者是令人肃然起敬的Neither is it almost seen,that very beau- tiful persons外表美丽的人,are otherwise of great virtue;未必也具有内在的美as if nature were rather busy, not to err,因为造物主似乎是吝啬的,than in labor to produce excellency.他给了此就不再予彼And therefore they prove accomplished, but not of great spirit;所以许多容颜俊秀的人往往过于追求外在and study rather behavior, than virtue.美丽而忽略了内心的美But this holds not always:但这也并非绝对for Augustus Caesar, Titus V espasianus, Philip le Belle of France,因为奥古斯都·恺撒、菲斯帕斯、法兰西的菲力普王Edward the Fourth of England, Alcibiades of Athens, Ismael the Sophy of Persia, 英格兰的爱德华四世、雅典的阿尔西巴底斯、波斯的伊斯梅尔等were all high and great spirits;既是大丈夫and yet the most beautiful men of their times.又是美男子In beauty, that of favor, is more than that of color;美不在颜色艳丽而在面目端正,and that of decent and gracious motion, more than that of favor.又不尽在面目端正而在举止文雅合度That is the best part of beauty, which a picture cannot express;最高的美是画家所无法表现的no,nor the first sight of the life.因为它是难于直观的There is no excellent beauty,没有哪种美that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.能极致到不存在比例上的暇疵A man cannot tell whether Apelles, or Albert Durer, were the more trifler;whereof the one,曾经有两位画家-阿皮雷斯和艾伯特.丢勒滑稽地认为,would make a personage by geometrical proportions;按照几何比例,the other, by taking the best parts out of divers faces, to make one excellent.或者通过摄取不同人身上最美的特点,可以用画合成一张最完美的人像Such personages, I think, would please nobody,其实像这样画出来的美人but the painter that made them.,恐怕只表现了画家本人的某种偏爱。

打招呼常用英文对话文本

打招呼常用英文对话文本

A打招呼基本会话1. A: How are you doing? 你好吗? (注:are的发音常略去,发成How ya doin'?)B1: I’m doing great. 我很好。

B2: I’m doing OK. 我还行。

B3: Pretty good. 还好。

B4: Not too bad. 还不错。

B5: I get by. 过得去。

2. A: How’s life treating you? 日子过得还算惬意吗?B1: Not bad. 不算坏。

B2: It could be worse. 还行。

“How’s life treating you?”用于朋友之间。

对好久没见的人就说:How’s life been treating you?3. A: What’s up? 有什么新鲜事儿?B: Not much. 没什么。

4. A: I haven’t seen you in ages! 久违!这一阵子躲到哪儿去了?B: Yeah, long time no see. 是啊,很久没见了。

in ages = in such a long time5. A: What’s new? 近来如何?B1: Nothing much. I’m still the same. 还是老样子,我一点儿也没变。

B2: Not much. How about you? 没什么。

你呢?B3: Same shit, different day. 不同的日子,同样的调子。

See Appendix A(见附录A)Appendix A Greetings (Qs &As)简单的问候Hello! 你好!Hi! 你好!/嗨!Hey! 你好!/嗨!Hey there! 你好!Yo! 嗨!(俚语)Yo, G! 嗨,哥们!(俚语)Howdy! 你好!(方言)Good morning. 早上好。

(0—12:00am)morning. 早上好。

(完整版)商务英语口语900句文本(中英文对照)

(完整版)商务英语口语900句文本(中英文对照)

Unit 1希望与要求Part 11. We'd like to express our desire to establish business relationship with you on the basis of quality, mutually benefit and exchange of needed goods .我们希望在保证质量、互惠互利以及交易彼此需要的货物的基础上和你们建立业务关系。

2 .In order to extend our export business to your country we wish to enter direct business relations with you.为了扩大我们在贵国的出口业务,我们希望和你们建立直接贸易关系。

3. Our hope is to establish mutually beneficial trading relations between us .希望在我们之间能够建立互惠互利的贸易关系。

4. We looking forward to further extensions of pleasant business relations.我们期待进一步保持愉快的业务关系。

5. It’s our hope to continue with considerable business dealing with you.我们的希望是和你们保持可观的生意往来。

6. We looking forward to receiving your quotation very soon.我们期待尽快收到你们的报价单。

7.I hope you see from the reduction that we are really doing our utmost.我希望你能够看到我们事实上已经作出了最大程度的让价。

8.We hope to discuss business with you at your earliest convenience.我们希望在你方便的时候和你洽谈业务。

400句英文文本中英文对照

400句英文文本中英文对照
86.You are mind.I'm yours.
你属于我,我属于你。
87.You are breaking my heart.
你让我心碎。
88.You are sexy.
你真性感!
89.You are so hot.
你真撩人!
90.You are turning me on.
你真棒!
37.You are crazy.
你疯了!
38.You are hopeless!
你没救了!
39.You are out of your mind!
你脑子有病!
40.You are too much!
你太过分了!
41.You're impossible!
78.You are a lucky dog!
你真幸运!
79.You are everything to me.
你是我的一切。
80.You are so sweet.
你可爱!
81.You are my angel.
你是我的小天使!
82.You are so kind.
患感冒可不是什么好玩的。
32.Getting married costs a lot.Getting divorced costs much more.
结婚很贵,离婚更贵。
33.Understanding each other is essential for a good relationship.
你是我家的耻辱。
100.You are an embarrassment.=Your behavior is unacceptable.

小学英语300句文本中英文版

小学英语300句文本中英文版
49. Here is your jacket.
49.这里是你的夹克衫。
50. This is not my jacket.
50.这不是我的夹克衫。
A
A
Ada: Show me your new vase.
给我看看你的新花瓶。
Ellen: This is my new vase.
这是我的新花瓶。
It’s green.
这是一块饼。
Ellen: What's that?
那是什么?
Ada: It’s an orange.
它是一只桔子。
B
B
Ellen:Ada, are you hungry?
艾达,你饿吗?
Ada: Yes. What’s this?
是的。这是什么?
Ellen: It’s a cake.
这是一块饼。
Ada: Oh, nice!
是的。
Ada: May I use it?
我可以用它吗?
Bobby: Sure.
当然。
C
C
Ada: Is this your hat, Mr. White?
那是你的帽子吗,瓦特先生?
Mr. White: No, it isn't.
不是。
Ada: Is this your football?
这是你的足球吗?
52. My name isAda.
52.我叫艾达。
53. His name is White.
53.他叫瓦特。
54. What's your English teacher's name?
54.你们的英语教师叫什么名字?
55. Her name is Miss Daisy.

世界英文散文精粹中英对照文本经典

世界英文散文精粹中英对照文本经典
都有一座无线电台: 它能在多长时间里 接收到人间万物传 递来的美好、
hope, cheer, courage and power from men and from the infinite,
希望、欢乐、鼓舞和 力量信息,
so long as you are young.
你就会年轻 多长时间
其实像这样画出来的 美人
but the painter that made them.
,恐怕只表现了画 家本人的某种偏爱。
Not but I think a painter may make a better face than ever was;
画家不能通过这样 画出更好看的脸
but he must do it by a kind of felicity
美犹如盛夏的水果,是 容易腐烂而难保持的
and for the most part it makes a dissolute youth,
世上有许多美人 他们有过放荡的青春
and an age a little out of countenance;
却迎受着愧悔的晚年
but yet certainly again, if it light well,
因此,应该把美的 形貌与美的德行 结合起来
it maketh virtue shine, and vices blush.
这样,美才会发出夺目 的光辉。
02_Youth青春
Nobody grows merely by a number of years we grow older by deserting our ideas.
美不在颜色艳丽 而在面目端正,

英文作文展示文本模板

英文作文展示文本模板

英文作文展示文本模板英文回答:Intro。

Today's world is characterized by rapid technological advancements and the emergence of a globalized economy. In such a dynamic environment, individuals and organizations alike are faced with a constant need to adapt and develop new skills and knowledge in order to remain competitive and relevant. This has led to a growing emphasis on lifelong learning and the pursuit of continuous professional development.Importance of Continuous Professional Development (CPD)。

Continuous professional development (CPD), also knownas continuing education, refers to the ongoing process of acquiring new knowledge and skills throughout one's career. It is crucial for individuals to engage in CPD for severalreasons:Staying Current: Technology is constantly evolving, and the skills that were once considered cutting-edge can quickly become obsolete. CPD allows individuals to stay abreast of the latest developments in their fields and acquire new knowledge to enhance their job performance.Adapting to Changing Job Demands: The nature of work is constantly changing, and employees may need to develop new skills or enhance existing ones to meet the demands of their evolving roles. CPD provides individuals with the opportunity to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to adapt to these changes.Career Advancement: In today's competitive job market, individuals who actively engage in CPD are more likely to stand out as potential candidates for promotions and leadership positions. CPD demonstrates a commitment to personal growth and professional excellence.Developing a Personalized CPD Plan。

双语英文文本

双语英文文本

双语英文文本Language has always been a fundamental aspect of human communication and interaction. In today's increasingly globalized world, the ability to navigate and thrive in multiple languages has become more important than ever before. One such linguistic phenomenon that has gained significant attention in recent years is the concept of bilingualism, where individuals possess proficiency in two or more languages.The benefits of bilingualism are multifaceted and far-reaching. At the cognitive level, numerous studies have shown that bilingual individuals exhibit enhanced executive function, problem-solving skills, and mental flexibility. The constant switching between languages and the need to inhibit one language while activating another, has been linked to the development of stronger cognitive control abilities. Bilingual individuals are often better at tasks that require selective attention, working memory, and the ability to shift between different mental sets.Moreover, bilingualism has been associated with delayed onset ofage-related cognitive decline and a reduced risk of developing certain types of dementia, such as Alzheimer's disease. The cognitive advantages of bilingualism are believed to stem from the brain's ability to adapt and reorganize its neural pathways in response to the demands of managing two or more languages. This "cognitive reserve" created by bilingualism can help offset the effects of age-related neurodegeneration, allowing bilingual individuals to maintain cognitive function for a longer period.Beyond the cognitive benefits, bilingualism also confers social and cultural advantages. Individuals who are proficient in multiple languages are better equipped to navigate diverse social and cultural contexts, fostering greater intercultural understanding and communication. The ability to engage with people from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds can open up a wealth of opportunities, both personal and professional. In an increasingly interconnected world, the skills and perspectives gained through bilingualism are highly valued in various fields, such as business, diplomacy, education, and healthcare.Furthermore, bilingualism can have a positive impact on educational outcomes. Studies have shown that bilingual children often outperform their monolingual peers in academic settings, particularly in areas such as language acquisition, literacy development, and problem-solving. The cognitive advantages associated withbilingualism, such as enhanced executive function and metalinguistic awareness, can contribute to improved academic performance across a range of subjects.However, it is important to note that the path to bilingualism is not always straightforward. The process of acquiring and maintaining proficiency in two or more languages can present various challenges, both linguistic and sociocultural. Factors such as age of acquisition, language exposure, educational environment, and societal attitudes towards bilingualism can all play a significant role in an individual's bilingual development.In some cases, individuals may experience language dominance, where one language becomes more dominant than the other, leading to potential imbalances in language proficiency. Additionally, some bilingual individuals may encounter instances of language interference, where the structures or vocabulary of one language influence the use of the other language, potentially resulting in language errors or code-switching.Nonetheless, these challenges can be navigated with the right support and resources. Families, educational institutions, and communities can play a crucial role in fostering and nurturing bilingual development, through the provision of targeted language instruction, exposure to diverse linguistic environments, and thepromotion of positive attitudes towards multilingualism.In conclusion, the phenomenon of bilingualism holds immense significance in the modern world. The cognitive, social, and educational benefits associated with the ability to fluently navigate two or more languages are undeniable. While the path to bilingualism may involve certain challenges, the rewards of becoming a bilingual individual far outweigh the obstacles. As we continue to embrace the diversity of languages and cultures in our increasingly interconnected global community, the importance of bilingualism will only continue to grow, shaping the way we communicate, collaborate, and understand one another.。

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

These Birds Make Peace in Bad Weather
Yuhina birds fight over nest space, but in bad weather they leave each other alone much more. Amy Kraft reports
June 13, 2012
After a hurricane or earthquake, people often band together and cooperate to deal with the recovery. And we’re not the only species that becomes more cooperative in tough times.
Female Yuhina birds in Taiwan usually fight over space in the community nest when they’re trying to lay eggs. But in bad weather the birds tend to leave each other alone.
The finding is in the journal Nature Communications. [Sheng-Feng Shen et al., "Unfavourable environment limits social conflict in Yuhina brunneiceps"] Researchers monitored groups of yuhinas for several years, in fair and foul weather. When the scientists combined their data with a game-theory model, they found that periods of fighting between female yuhinas were 50-percent shorter when the weather was bad—which increased the overall success of the breeding group.
During times of heavy rain, food becomes scarce. And getting wet means that the birds have to expend more energy to stay warm. So the birds apparently institute a truce, which cuts down on energy wasted fighting, and increases everyone's chance of survival. In other words, in bad weather birds of a feather stick together.
—Amy Kraft
[The above text is a transcript of this podcast.]。

相关文档
最新文档