英语经典俚语

合集下载

吸引眼球的俚语

吸引眼球的俚语

吸引眼球的俚语
1. “Blow my mind”:意思是让某人感到非常震撼或惊讶,常用于形容某件事情非常出色或令人难以置信。

2. “Hit the spot”:表示某事或某物非常合适或恰到好处,满足了需求或期望。

3. “Knock it out of the park”:这个俚语用于形容某人在某个领域表现得极其出色,就像是在公园里打出了全垒打一样。

4. “Up your alley”:意思是某事或某物非常适合某人的兴趣、技能或特长。

5. “Speak of the devil”:当你正在谈论某个人,而那个人恰好出现时,可以用这句俚语。

6. “On the ball”:形容一个人非常机灵、警觉或有能力,能够快速而有效地处理事情。

7. “Bite the bullet”:这个俚语意味着勇敢地面对困难或不愉快的事情,尽管可能会有痛苦或困难。

8. “Let the cat out of the bag”:意思是不小心泄露了秘密或保守的信息。

9. “Hit the nail on the head”:表示准确地描述或解决了问题,就像用锤子准确地敲中了钉子的头部。

这些俚语使用了简洁而生动的表达方式,能够吸引人们的注意力并传达特定的情感或意图。

它们在日常交流和文学作品中经常出现,为语言增添了色彩和趣味性。

需要注意的是,俚语的使用要考虑语境和受众,确保对方能够理解其中的含义,避免造成误解。

此外,不同地区和文化可能有不同的俚语表达方式,所以在使用时要注意适应性和恰当性。

英语小俚语

英语小俚语

英语小俚语俚语是一种特殊的语言表达方式,通常具有独特的形式和含义。

它们不仅能够丰富我们的日常对话,还能增添一份乐趣和趣味。

下面是一些常见的英语小俚语,希望对你的英语学习和交流有所帮助。

1. "Bite the bullet"(硬着头皮做):意思是面对困难或痛苦时,勇敢地坚持下去。

2. "Break the ice"(打破僵局):表示在陌生人之间采取行动,以改善或加强彼此间的交流。

3. "Hit the sack"(上床睡觉):表示去睡觉,通常用于口语表达。

4. "A piece of cake"(小菜一碟):形容某事非常容易或简单。

5. "Kill two birds with one stone"(一举两得):表示一举解决两个问题或达成两个目标。

6. "Barking up the wrong tree"(弄错了对象):意味着某人正在错缘,追求或指责错误的对象。

7. "Break a leg"(祝你好运):通常用于祝福演员演出成功,表示祝福的话语。

8. "Hit the nail on the head"(一针见血):表示说话或做事准确无误,击中要害。

9. "Break someone's heart"(伤某人的心):表示使某人感到极度心痛或失望。

10. "Give someone the cold shoulder"(冷落某人):表示故意不理睬或对某人冷淡。

11. "Cost an arm and a leg"(代价高昂):形容某物或某事物的价格非常昂贵。

12. "Hit the jackpot"(中大奖):表示意外地或幸运地取得巨大成功或好处。

以上是一些常见的英语小俚语,它们在日常交流中经常被使用。

英语常用俚语大全200个

英语常用俚语大全200个

英语常用俚语大全200个1. A piece of cake -非常容易2. Break a leg -祝好运3. Bite the bullet -硬着头皮做某事4. Call it a day -结束一天的工作5. Cat got your tongue? -你哑巴了吗?6. Cheap shot -卑鄙的攻击7. Chip on one's shoulder -好斗,好挑衅8. Couch potato -电视迷9. Cut to the chase -直入主题10. Dime a dozen -不值钱的东西11. Don't judge a book by its cover -不要以貌取人12. Every cloud has a silver lining -黑暗中总有一线光明13. Facepalm -令人尴尬的手势14. Fall flat -失败,没有效果15. Get cold feet -临阵退缩16. Give someone the cold shoulder -冷落某人17. Hit the nail on the head -一针见血18. In hot water -陷入困境19. It's raining cats and dogs -下大雨20. Keep an eye on -密切关注21. Last but not least -最后但并非最不重要的22. Let the cat out of the bag -泄露秘密23. Lost in translation -无法理解24. Make a long story short -长话短说25. No pain, no gain -不劳无获26. On cloud nine -非常高兴27. Out of the blue -突然,出乎意料28. Pull someone's leg -开玩笑,愚弄某人29. Put all your eggs in one basket -孤注一掷30. See eye to eye -意见一致31. Take a rain check -改天再约32. The ball is in your court -轮到你出招了33. Under the weather -不舒服,生病34. When pigs fly -不可能的事情35. Whistle while you work -边工作边吹口哨36. You are what you eat -人如其食37. Bite off more than you can chew -贪多嚼不烂38. Burn the midnight oil -熬夜学习或工作39. Call it quits -停止,放弃40. Cost an arm and a leg -非常昂贵41. Drop the ball -失职,疏忽42. Go bananas -发疯,失去理智43. Hit the sack -去睡觉44. In a pickle -陷入困境45. Kill two birds with one stone -一石二鸟46. Lay low -保持低调,避免引起注意47. Let sleeping dogs lie -勿揭人疮疤,勿惹麻烦48. Mind your own business -管好自己的事情49. Once in a blue moon -千载难逢,很少发生50. Play it by ear -随机应变,看情况行事51. Pull yourself together -振作起来,恢复精神52. Put up or shut up -要么行动,要么闭嘴53. Seen better days -过去的好日子,现在不如以前54. Stick to your guns -坚持自己的立场和观点55. Take the bull by the horns -勇敢面对困难,迎难而上56. Talk back to someone who deserves it -反驳应得的人57. The early bird catches the worm -早起的鸟儿有虫吃58. Time flies when you're having fun -快乐时光过得飞快59. To be up in arms about something -对某事非常生气或不满60. What's the catch? -还有别的条件吗?有什么陷阱?61. When pigs fly! -这是绝对不可能的!62. A blessing in disguise -塞翁失马,焉知非福63. Barking up the wrong tree -找错了目标,误解了事实64. Beat around the bush -拐弯抹角,旁敲侧击65. Better late than never -迟做总比不做好66. Break a leg! -祝你好运!(演员常说的祝福语)67. Butter someone up -讨好某人,拍马屁68. By the skin of one's teeth -勉强成功,险些失败69. Call it a day job! -这是一份日结的工作!(讽刺工作无聊、低薪)70. Cold turkey -突然戒掉某种习惯或瘾症71. Cut corners -偷工减料,走捷径72. Dead ringer for someone/something -与某人/某物极为相似73. Don't count your chickens before they hatch! -别高兴得太早!(事情还没成定局)74. Every cloud has a silver lining! -每朵乌云都有银边!(坏事中总有好事)75. Get cold feet! -我害怕了!(临阵退缩)76. Hit the hay! -该睡觉了!77. In hot water! -陷入困境!78. Keep an eye on the ball! -注意看球!79. Last but not least, good luck! -最后但同样重要的是,祝你好运!80. Let the cat out of the bag! -泄露秘密!81. Lost in translation! -无法理解!82. Make a long story short, I'm sorry! -长话短说,我很抱歉!83. No pain, no gain! -不劳无获!84. On cloud nine! -非常高兴!85. Out of the blue! -突然发生!86. Pull someone's leg! -开玩笑!87. Put all your eggs in one basket! -孤注一掷!88. See eye to eye! -意见一致!89. Take a rain check! -改天再约!90. The ball is in your court! -轮到你了!91. Under the weather! -不舒服!92. When pigs fly! -不可能的事情!93. Whistle while you work! -边工作边吹口哨!94. You are what you eat! -你就是你吃的东西!95. Bite off more than you can chew! -贪多嚼不烂!96. Burn the midnight oil! -熬夜学习或工作!97. Call it quits! -停止,放弃!98. Cost an arm and a leg! -非常昂贵!99. Drop the ball! -失职,疏忽!100. Go bananas! -发疯,失去理智!101. Hit the sack! -去睡觉!102. In a pickle! -陷入困境!103. Kill two birds with one stone! -一石二鸟!104. Lay low! -保持低调,避免引起注意!105. Let sleeping dogs lie! -勿揭人疮疤,勿惹麻烦!106. Mind your own business! -管好自己的事情!107. Once in a blue moon! -千载难逢,很少发生!108. Play it by ear! -随机应变,看情况行事!109. Pull yourself together! -振作起来,恢复精神!110. Put up or shut up! -要么行动,要么闭嘴!111. Seen better days! -过去的好日子,现在不如以前!112. Stick to your guns! -坚持自己的立场和观点!113. Take the bull by the horns! -勇敢面对困难,迎难而上!114. Talk back to someone who deserves it! -反驳应得的人!115. The early bird catches the worm! -早起的鸟儿有虫吃!116. To be up in arms about something! -对某事非常生气或不满!117. What's the catch? -还有别的条件吗?有什么陷阱?118. When pigs fly! -这是绝对不可能的!119. A blessing in disguise! -塞翁失马,焉知非福!120. Barking up the wrong tree! -找错了目标,误解了事实!121. Beat around the bush! -拐弯抹角,旁敲侧击!122. Better late than never! -迟做总比不做好!123. Break a leg! -祝你好运!(演员常说的祝福语)124. Butter someone up! -讨好某人,拍马屁!125. By the skin of one's teeth! -勉强成功,险些失败!126. Call it a day job! -这是一份日结的工作!(讽刺工作无聊、低薪)127. Cold turkey! -突然戒掉某种习惯或瘾症!128. Cut corners! -偷工减料,走捷径!129. Dead ringer for someone/something! -与某人/某物极为相似!130. Don't count your chickens before they hatch! -别高兴得太早!(事情还没成定局)131. Every cloud has a silver lining! -每朵乌云都有银边!(坏事中总有好事)132. Get cold feet! -我害怕了!(临阵退缩)133. Keep an eye on the ball! -注意看球!134. Last but not least, good luck! -最后但同样重要的是,祝你好运!135. Let the cat out of the bag! -泄露秘密!136. Lost in translation! -无法理解!137. Make a long story short, I'm sorry! -长话短说,我很抱歉!138. No pain, no gain! -不劳无获!139. On cloud nine! -非常高兴!140. Out of the blue! -突然发生!141. Pull someone's leg! -开玩笑!142. Put all your eggs in one basket! -孤注一掷!143. See eye to eye! -意见一致!144. Take a rain check! -改天再约!145. The ball is in your court! -轮到你了!146. Under the weather! -不舒服!147. When pigs fly! -不可能的事情!148. Whistle while you work! -边工作边吹口哨!149. You are what you eat! -你就是你吃的东西!150. Bite off more than you can chew! -贪多嚼不烂!151. Burn the midnight oil! -熬夜学习或工作!152. Call it quits! -停止,放弃!153. Cost an arm and a leg! -非常昂贵!154. Drop the ball! -失职,疏忽!155. Go bananas! -发疯,失去理智!156. Hit the sack! -去睡觉!157. In a pickle! -陷入困境!158. Kill two birds with one stone! -一石二鸟!159. Lay low! -保持低调,避免引起注意!160. Let sleeping dogs lie! -勿揭人疮疤,勿惹麻烦!161. Mind your own business! -管好自己的事情!162. Once in a blue moon! -千载难逢,很少发生!163. Play it by ear! -随机应变,看情况行事!164. Pull yourself together! -振作起来,恢复精神!165. Put up or shut up! -要么行动,要么闭嘴!166. Seen better days! -过去的好日子,现在不如以前!167. Stick to your guns! -坚持自己的立场和观点!168. Take the bull by the horns! -勇敢面对困难,迎难而上!169. Talk back to someone who deserves it! -反驳应得的人!170. The early bird catches the worm! -早起的鸟儿有虫吃!171. To be up in arms about something! -对某事非常生气或不满!172. What's the catch? -还有别的条件吗?有什么陷阱?173. When pigs fly! -这是绝对不可能的!174. A blessing in disguise! -塞翁失马,焉知非福!175. Barking up the wrong tree! -找错了目标,误解了事实!176. Beat around the bush! -拐弯抹角,旁敲侧击!177. Better late than never! -迟做总比不做好!178. Break a leg! -祝你好运!(演员常说的祝福语)179. Butter someone up! -讨好某人,拍马屁!180. By the skin of one's teeth! -勉强成功,险些失败!181. Call it a day job! -这是一份日结的工作!(讽刺工作无聊、低薪)182. Cold turkey! -突然戒掉某种习惯或瘾症!183. Cut corners! -偷工减料,走捷径!184. Dead ringer for someone/something! -与某人/某物极为相似!185. Don't count your chickens before they hatch! -别高兴得太早!(事情还没成定局)186. Every cloud has a silver lining! -每朵乌云都有银边!(坏事中总有好事)187. Get cold feet! -我害怕了!(临阵退缩)188. Keep an eye on the ball! -注意看球!189. Last but not least, good luck! -最后但同样重要的是,祝你好运!190. Let the cat out of the bag! -泄露秘密!191. Lost in translation! -无法理解!192. Make a long story short, I'm sorry! -长话短说,我很抱歉!193. No pain, no gain! -不劳无获!194. On cloud nine! -非常高兴!195. Out of the blue! -突然发生!196. Pull someone's leg! -开玩笑!197. Put all your eggs in one basket! -孤注一掷!198. See eye to eye! -意见一致!199. Take a rain check! -改天再约!200. The ball is in your court! -轮到你了!。

英语谚语分类英语俚语大全200个

英语谚语分类英语俚语大全200个

英语谚语分类英语俚语大全200个1.珍惜时间1.All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失,失不再来2.A young idler,an old beggar. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲 idler 懒汉3.Time tries all things. 时间检验一切4.Time is money. 时间就是金钱。

——富兰克林5.Time and tide wait for no man. 时间不等人。

——斯科特2.努力与成功1.Clumsy birds have to start flying early. 笨鸟先飞 clumsy 笨拙的 He would climb the ladder must begin at the bottom千里之行,始于足下3.Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧4.Strike while the iron is hot. 趁热打铁5.One is never too old to learn. 活到老学到老6.Something is learned every time a book is opened. 开卷有益7.Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. 阅读对于我们心灵之重要,犹如运动对于身体一样。

8.To stand still is to move back. 逆水行舟,不进则退9.Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成10.Victory won’t e to me unless I go to it.胜利是不会向我走来的,我必须自己走向胜利。

11.Life is just a series of trying to make up your mind.生活只是由一系列下决心的努力所构成。

常用的英语俚语大全

常用的英语俚语大全

常用的英语俚语大全俚语是一种非正式的语言,通常用在非正式的场合。

有时俚语用以表达新鲜事物,或对旧事物赋以新的说法。

下面是小编给大家带来的俚语大全,欢迎大家来阅读参考,我们一起来看看吧。

常用的英语俚语大全(一)once in a blue moon: 偶尔、千载难逢I don't usually hang out here, just once in a blue moon.kill some time:消磨时间Where shall I go to kill some time?at the drop of a hat:动辄He was ready to quarrel at the drop of a hat.burn the midnight oil:熬夜You shouldn't burn the midnight oil, actually you should sleepearly.nick of time:紧要关头His generous endowment of the laboratory came just in the nick of time.around the corner: 快到来了The exam is just around the corner, I really need to cram for it.spur of the moment:一时冲动He bought the car on the spur of the moment.days are numbered:气数已尽、日子屈指可数The old man' s days are numbered.Down to the wire:最后时刻、接近最后期限I think the election will got right down to the wire.Eleventh hour:最后时刻He turned in the report at the eleventh hour.From the word go: 一开始He's been against the plan from the word go.In the long run:长期The product can help you to save money in the long run.Jump the gun:草率行事、操之过急Don't jump the gun. We have to be patient for a while.put something On hold:稍等The decision was put on hold until a meeting of the party's central committee.Shake a leg:赶快Shake a leg! The bus won't wait.quick off the mark:马上行动Be quick off the mark if you hear of something promising.Step on it:加速If he didn't drive faster, we were going to be late, so I told him to step on it.Time on one’s hands:有空余的时间I've got extra time on my hands.Under the wire:在截止日期前, the last minuteHe applied the college just under the wire.Until the cows come home:一直的、很晚很晚This wine's delicious! I could drink it until the cows come home.常用的英语俚语大全(二)1.To be caught with your hand in the cookie jar /当场逮到你是否会因为多吃了罐子里的饼干而满怀愧疚?如果是,那这个词汇就太符合你了!这个短语比喻“某人因为做错事或调皮而被逮个正着”。

英语俚语大全_实用俚语汇总

英语俚语大全_实用俚语汇总

英语俚语大全_实用俚语汇总在美剧之中,听到的英语俚语,你觉得哪一句是最为实用的呢?下面是店铺带来常用英语俚语,希望对大家有帮助。

实用英语俚语1. a bird in the hand is worth two the bush 一鸟在手,胜似二鸟在林2. a blank slate 干净的黑板(新的一页,新的开始)3. a cat nap 打个盹儿4. a chip off the old block 大木头上砍下来的小木片(子肖其父)5. a chip on one's shoulder 肩头的木片(自卑感,因为自卑而爱找别人麻烦;喜欢向人挑衅)6. a ouch potato 躺椅上的马铃薯(懒鬼)7. a cake walk 走去吃糕(易事)8. a headache 头痛(麻烦事)9. a knock out 击倒(美得让人倾倒)10. a load off my mind 心头大石落地11. a nut 傻子,疯子12. a pain in the neck 脖子疼(苦事)13. a piece of cake 一块蛋糕(小菜一碟,易事一件)14. a pig 猪猡15. a shot in the dark 盲目射击(瞎猜)16. a short fuse 引线短(脾气火爆)17. a sinking ship 正在下沉的船18. a slam dunk 灌篮(轻而易举的事)19. a slap in the face 脸上挨了一耳光(公然受辱)20. a smoke screen 烟幕21. a social butterfly 社交蝴蝶(善于交际,会应酬的人)22. a stick in the mud 烂泥中的树枝23. a thick skin 厚脸皮24. a thorn in someone's side 腰上的荆棘(芒刺在背)25. a turn coat 反穿皮袄的人(叛徒)26. an uphill battle 上坡作战(在逆境中求胜)27. a weight off my shoulders 放下肩头重担28. ace 得满分(得到完美的结果)29. all ears 全是耳朵(洗耳恭听)30. all thumbs 满手都是大拇指(笨手笨脚)31. an ace up my sleeve 袖里的王牌32. an open and shut case明显的事件33. ants in one's pants 裤裆里有蚂蚁(坐立不安)34. back in the saddle重上马鞍(重整旗鼓)35. back on track重上轨道(改过自新)36. backfire逆火(弄巧成拙,适得其反)37. ball and chain 铁球铁链,甜蜜的枷(老婆)38. beat a dead horse 鞭打死马令其奔驰(徒劳)39. beaten by the ugly stick 被丑杖打过(生得难看)40. beggar can't be choosers 讨饭的谈不上挑三拣四41. bet on it 下这一注稳赢(有把握,无疑)42. bet your life 把命赌上(绝对错了)43. better half 我的另一半44. between a rack and a hard place 进退维谷(前有狼后有虎)45. big headed 大脑袋(傲慢,自大)46. bigger fish to fry 有更大的鱼要炸(有更重要的事要办)47. bite off more than one can chew 贪多嚼不烂48. bite the bullet 咬子弹(强忍痛苦)49. birds of a feather flock together 羽毛相同的鸟总飞成一群(物以类聚)50. blow up in you face 在眼前爆炸(事情完全弄砸了)51. bologna 胡说,瞎说52. break a let 折断一条腿(表演真实,演出成功)53. break the ice 破冰(打破僵局)54. bright聪明,灵光55. brown nose 讨好,谄媚56. bug somebody 使人讨厌57. bull in a china shop 瓷器店里的蛮牛(笨拙的人,动辄弄坏东西的人)58. bump into 撞上(巧遇)59. burn brides 烧桥(过河拆桥)60. burst your bubble 扎破泡泡(打破人的幻想,煞风景)61. bury one's head in the sand把头埋在沙里(自欺欺人)62. butterfingers奶油手指(抓不稳东西的人)63. butterflies in my stomach肚里有只蝴蝶(心里紧张,七上八下)64. buy the farm买下农场(归道山,死了)65. call it a night一日事毕,可以睡觉了66. can't teach an old dog new tricks老狗学不会新把戏67. cash in my chips兑换筹码(睡觉,就寝)68. chicken鸡(胆小鬼)69. circle the wagons把篷车围成一圈(严阵以待)70. come down in sheets整片整片地下(倾盆大雨)71. cool your lips冷静下来72. cost someone an arm and a leg要花上一条胳膊一条腿(代价昂贵)73. count on something /doing something 这事靠得住74. count your chickens before they hatch 蛋还没孵化,先数小鸡75. crock 破瓦片(无用之物,废话)76. cross the line 跨过线(做得太过分了)77. cross that bridge when we come to it 到了桥头就过桥(船到桥头自然直)78. cry over spilled milk 为泼了牛奶而哭(为过去的失败而懊丧)79. cushion the blow 给垫着点儿(说话绵软一点,以免打击太重)80. cut to the chase 抄捷径去追猎物(不绕圈子,开门见山,单刀直入)81. daily grind 例行苦事,每天得干的苦工82. days are numbered 来日无多83. dead center 正当中84. dead-end street 死路,死巷子85. dog 狗(丑八怪)86. domino effect 骨牌效应常用英语俚语1. don't hold your breath 别憋着呼吸(别期望太高)2. don't look a gift horse in the mouth 赠马不看牙(收人礼物别嫌好道歹)3. down to the wire 最后关头4. down under 南边(常指面半球的澳洲)5. downhill from here 从此都是下坡路(自此每况愈下)6. drop the ball 掉了球(失职)7. empty nest 空巢(儿女长大离家)8. every cloud has a silver lining 乌云也有银边(祸兮福所倚,塞翁失马)9. fall into place 落实,就绪10. fender bender 撞弯保险杠的车祸(小车祸)11. fight tooth and nail 爪牙并施,拚命抵抗12. fine line 细线(微妙的差别)13. fish out of water 如鱼离水14. flash in the pan 淘金盆里的反光(空欢喜一场,好景不长)15. fork in the road 岔路16. fox 狐狸(并无贬意)17. framed 被陷害,遭栽赃18. full throttle 加足马力19. get a foot in the door 一脚已经进了门里(获得立足点,占一份)20. get hitched 拴起来(结婚)21. get off on the wrong foot 起步便错(第一印象不佳)22. get up on the wrong side of the bed 起床下错边23. give the shirt off one's back 连衬衫都肯脱给人(慷慨成性)24. go one step too far 多走了一步(做得太过分了)25. go out on a limb 爬高枝(担风险)26. go overboard 过火27. go to hell in a hand basket 坐着吊篮下地狱(一坏不可收拾)28. go to one's head 上头上脸,冲昏头脑29. go under 沉没(破产)30. goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩31. grasp for straws 抓稻草(绝望中的挣扎,快要淹死的人连漂浮的稻草也抓)32. guts 胆子33. hot 惹火34. have one's cake and eat it too 既想留着蛋糕,又想吃(既要鱼,又要熊掌)35. hindsight is 20/20 事后的先见之明36. hit stride 脚步走顺了37. hit the books 撞书(用功)38. hit the hay 倒在稻草上(睡觉、就寝)39. hit the jackpot 中了头彩40. hit the road 上路41. hold a candle to 给他拿蜡烛都不配(元不能相比)42. hold the key to my heart 掌管我心灵的钥匙43. hold your horses 勒住你的马(慢来)44. hang somebody out to dry 把……晾起来了(把……坑苦了)45. in the spotlight 站在聚光灯圈里(出风头)46. it's Greek to me 希腊文(天书)47. in the middle of nowhere 周围什么也没有(前不见村,后不着店)48. joined at the hip 连体婴(死党,从不分开的两个人)49. jump the gun 枪未响先偷跑(抢先)50. just what the doctor ordered 正是大夫说的(对症下药)51. keep an ear to the ground 一耳贴地(注意新动向)52. keep one's fingers crossed/cross one's fingers 把手指交叉成十字架(暗祈上苍保佑)53. kick the bucket 踢水桶(翘辫子)54. kill two birds with one stone一箭双雕,一举两得55. kiss up to 讨好56. kitty corner 小猫的角落(斜对角)57. knuckle sandwich 指节骨三明治(饱以老拳)58. landslide 山崩(压倒性的胜利)59. last straw 最后一根稻草60. left a bitter taste in one's mouth 留下满嘴苦味(留下不愉快的回忆)61. left hanging 被晾起来了(被挂起来,悬而不决)62. let sleeping dogs lie 别惊动睡着的狗(别无事生非,过去的事不要再提)63. let the cat out of the bag 放出袋中猫(泄密,说漏嘴)64. light a fire under your butt 在屁股下点一把火(促其行动)65. light at the end of the tunnel 隧道末端的光(一线希望)66. like hot cakes 象刚出炉的蛋糕(很受欢迎的东西,抢手货)67. like looking for a needle in a haystack 如同在稻草堆里找一根针(大海捞针)68. like pulling hen's teeth 跟拔母鸡的牙一样(艰苦不堪)69. like shooting fish in a barrel 桶里射鱼(瓮中捉鳖)70. like stealing candy from a baby 娃娃手里骗糖(易事)71. ling winded 长舌,碎嘴72. loose cannon 松动的大炮(一触即发的脾气)73. lose one's marbles 疯了,神智不清74. low blow 不正当的攻击,下流手段75. make a mountain out of a molehill 把小土堆说成大山(小题大作)76. make him and break the mold 上帝造了他以后就把模型砸了(再没有跟他一样的人了)77. Monday morning quarterback 星期一早晨的四分卫(马后炮)78. monkey business 猢狲把戏(胡闹)79. monkey on one's back 背上的猴子(难以摆脱的负担)80. more than you can shake a finger at 屈指难数81. more than one way to skin a cat 剥猫皮各有巧妙不同(另有办法)82. music to my ears 爱听的话83. my old man 我的老头(我父亲)84. nail in the coffin 棺材钉子(致使的一击,决定成败的最重要因素)85. neck and neck 马脖子靠着马脖子(齐头并进,不分轩轾)86. no sweat不出汗(没什么大不了)87. not dealing with a full deck 脑子里少几张牌(头脑不正常)88. nothing will leave these walls 话不传出这四堵墙之外(言不入六耳)89. off the charts 好得没治了90. off the deep end 暴跳如雷91. off the fop of one's head 临时一想,随口一说92. on a good note 尽欢而散93. on a roll 做得很顺,势如破竹94. on cloud nine 九霄云上95. on fire 着火了(红火,手气旺)96. on my nerves 惹我心烦97. on pins and needles 如坐针毡,坐立不安98. on tap 桶装啤酒(现成的,预备好的)99. on the back burner 搁在靠后的炉子上(靠边站)100. on the ball 看球看得准(做事有准备,有把握)常见英语俚语1. on the edge of my seat 坐在椅子前沿(专心地看和听)2. on the rocks 触礁,搁浅;加冰块3. on the same page 在同一页上(进度相同)4. on the tip of my tongue 话到舌尖,呼之欲出5. once in a blue moon 出蓝月亮的时候(稀罕,少见)6. one foot in the grave 一脚已经入了坟(入土三尺)7. one of a kind 独一无二8. one step ahead of you 领先你一步9. out of the pan and into the fire 跳出锅里,掉进火里(每况愈下)10. out of the picture 不在画面里11. out of this world 人世所无,只应天上有12. pale in comparison 相形失色13. peas in a pod一荚之豆(好哥儿们)14. pieces come together 拼图游戏凑成图案(诸事顺利,达成完美结果)15. play it by ear不用看谱(随机应变)16. plenty of other fish in the sea 海里的鱼多得很(天涯何处无芳草)17. poker face 扑克面孔(喜怒不形于色)18. pop the question 提出大问题(求婚)19. pot calling the kettle black 锅嫌壶黑(五十步笑百步)20. pull oneself up by one's bootstraps 拎着鞋带把自己提起来(凭自己的力量重新振作起来)21. pull the rug out from underneath someone 地毯从脚下被抽出(事出意外)22. punch your lights out 揍得你两眼发黑23. put all of one's eggs in one basket 鸡蛋都放在一个篮子里(孤注一掷)24. put one's foot in one's mouth 把脚丫放进嘴里(说错话了)25. put one's nose to the grindstone 鼻子冲着磨刀石(专心工作)26. put the cart before the horse 车在马前(本末倒置)27. put up the white flag 竖白旗(投降,放弃)28. rain on your parade *时下雨(扫兴,浇冷水)29. rain cats and dogs 天上下猫,天上下狗(倾盆大雨)30. raise the bar 提高横竿(更上一层楼)31. read someone like a book 对这个人一目了然32. red handed 趁着手上的血还没洗净时候抓住,在犯罪现场被逮33. red tape(扎公文的)红带子,官样文章(繁文缛节)34. right down my alley 恰是我的路(正能者多劳的胃口)35. rob the cradle 劫摇篮(老牛吃嫩草)36. rock the boat晃船(无事生非,制造不安定)37. rumple my feathers 逆指羽毛(逆批龙鳞)38. seamless 天衣无缝39. secret weapon 秘密武器40. see right through someone 一眼看穿,洞烛其奸41. shoot for the stars sick and tired 射星星(立志要高)42. sit shotgun 厌烦43. six one way, half a dozen the other一边六个,一边半打(半斤八两)44. skate on thin ice 在薄冰上滑冰(如履薄冰,身历险境)45. skeleton in one's closet 壁橱里的骷髅(不可告人的事)46. skin and bones 皮包骨47. sleep on it 睡在上面(考虑一晚上)48. small talk 寒喧,闲聊49. smooth sailing 一帆风顺50. snowball 滚雪球,越滚越大51. snowball's chance in hell 雪球进了地狱(希望不大)52. spark 火星(来电)53. spineless 没脊梁(没有骨气)54. split hairs 细分头发(吹毛求疵)55. stab in the back 背后插刀(遭人暗算)56. stallion 千里驹(貌美体健的男人)57. stand someone up 对方失约,让人空等58. stick a fork in him, he's done 用叉子戳他一下看看,他烤熟了吧59. stop and smell the roses 停下来闻玫瑰(享受生活)60. straw that broke the camel's back压断骆驼脊梁的稻草(最后致命的一击)61. straight from the horse's mouth 听马说的(根据最可靠的消息来源)62. strike out 三振出局63. stud 种马(貌美体健的男人)64. swing for the fence 打全垒打65. take a hike 走路(滚蛋)66. take a rain check 因雨停赛时送给观众下次免费来看的票(另一次机会)67. take off 动身68. take one for the team 为了全队挨一下(为了集体利益,牺牲个人利益)69. take the word right out of someone's mouth 替我说了(你所说的正是我想要说的)70. the ball is in someone's court 球在你那边(该你行动了)71. the walls have ears 墙有耳朵(隔墙有耳)72. the whole nine yards 整整九码(一举成功,美式足球的攻方一次需推进十码)73. throw in the towel 扔毛巾(认输,放弃)74. tie the knot 打结(结婚)75. toe the line 循规蹈矩,沿着线走76. tongue in cheek 闲磕牙(挖苦地)77. too many cooks in the kitchen 厨房里厨子太多(筑室道谋,三个和尚没水渴)78. twinkle in your mother's eye 母亲眼中的一闪灵光(未出娘胎)79. twisted 脾气拧,别扭80. two left feet 有两左脚(笨手笨脚)81. under my skin 钻到我的皮下(让我极不舒服)82. under the weather 受了风寒83. until the cows come home 等到牛回家(空等,白等)84. until you are blue in the face 干到脸发青(也是白干)85. unwind 放松发条(轻松下来)86. up for grabs 大家有份87. up in the air 挂在空中(悬而未决)88. walk in someone's shoes 穿他的鞋走走看(设身处地,经历相同)89. walk on air(高兴得)脚不点地,飘飘然90. washed up 像是洗过的(筋疲力尽,力气都放完了)91. water off a duck's back 鸭背的水珠(马耳东风)92. water under the bridge 桥下的水(逝水,覆水)93. when hell freezes over 地狱结冰(绝不可能的事)94. weed out 除去杂草(淘汰)95. well rounded全能,全才96. when pigs fly 猪飞的时候(绝不可能)97. not lift a finger 连手指都不动一动(袖手旁观)98. wound up 上足发条(紧张,兴奋)99. wrapped around his/her little finger 化为绕指柔(玩弄于股掌之间)100. wring his neck 扭断他的脖。

有意义的英语俚语

有意义的英语俚语

有意义的英语俚语
下面是一些有意义的英语俚语:
1. "Catch some Z's" - 意思是睡觉。

Z代表睡眠中的打鼾声。

2. "The early bird catches the worm" - 意思是早起的人会得到优势。

3. "Actions speak louder than words" - 意思是行动胜于言辞。

4. "Don't judge a book by its cover" - 意思是不要以貌取人。

5. "Bite the bullet" - 意思是勇敢面对困难或痛苦。

6. "Keep your chin up" - 意思是保持乐观的态度。

7. "Let the cat out of the bag" - 意思是泄露秘密。

8. "All bark and no bite" - 意思是嘴上功夫大,实际行动不足。

9. "Break a leg" - 意思是祝福某人好运(尤指在表演或比赛中)。

10. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" - 意思是别过早乐观。

这些俚语在英语中相当常见,可以用于日常交流和表达各种情境。

英语常用的经典俚语精选_俚语

英语常用的经典俚语精选_俚语

英语常用的经典俚语精选俚语以其形象生动、诙谐简练的特点,在人们的日常中广泛而鲜活地使用着,并已成为英语词汇中不可或缺的组成部分。

下面小编为大家整理了常用的英语俚语,希望对大家有帮助。

常用的英语俚语摘抄rain on your parade 游行时下雨(扫兴,浇冷水)rain cats and dogs 天上下猫,天上下狗(倾盆大雨)raise the bar 提高横竿(更上一层楼)read someone like a book 对这个人一目了然red handed 趁着手上的血还没洗净时候抓住,在犯罪现场被逮red tape(扎公文的)红带子,官样文章(繁文缛节)right down my alley 恰是我的路(能者多劳)rob the cradle 劫摇篮(老牛吃嫩草)rock the boat晃船(无事生非,制造不安定)rumple my feathers 逆指羽毛(逆批龙鳞)seamless 天衣无缝secret weapon 秘密武器see right through someone 一眼看穿shoot for the stars sick and tired 射星星(要高)sit shotgun 厌烦six one way, half a dozen the other 一边六个,一边半打(半斤八两)skate on thin ice 在薄冰上滑冰(如履薄冰,身历险境)skeleton in one's closet 壁橱里的骷髅(不可告人的事)skin and bones 皮包骨sleep on it 睡在上面(考虑一晚上)small talk 寒喧,闲聊smooth sailing 一帆风顺snowball 滚雪球,越滚越大snowball's chance in hell 雪球进了地狱(希望不大)spark 火星(来电)spineless 没脊梁(没有骨气)split hairs 细分头发(吹毛求疵)stab in the back 背后插刀(遭人暗算)stallion 千里驹(貌美体健的男人)stand someone up 对方失约,让人空等stick a fork in him, he"s done 用叉子戳他一下看看,他烤熟了吧stop and smell the roses 停下来闻玫瑰(享受生活)straw that broke the camel's back压断骆驼脊梁的稻草(最后致命的一击)straight from the horse's mouth 听马说的(根据最可靠的消息来源)strike out 三振出局stud 种马(貌美体健的男人)swing for the fence 打全垒打常用的英语俚语推荐get a foot in the door 一脚已经进了门里(获得立足点,占一份) get hitched 拴起来(结婚)get off on the wrong foot 起步便错(第一印象不佳)get the ball rolling 让球滚起来(动起手来)get/give the green light 绿灯亮了(获准行动)give the shirt off one"s back 连衬衫都肯脱给人(慷慨成性)go one step too far 多走了一步(做得太过分了)go out on a limb 爬高枝(担风险)go overboard 过火go to hell in a hand basket 坐着吊篮下地狱(一坏不可收拾)go to one"s head 上头上脸,冲昏头脑go under 沉没(破产)goose bumps 鸡皮疙瘩grasp for straws 抓稻草(绝望中的挣扎,快要淹死的人连漂浮的稻草也抓)guts 胆子常用的英语俚语精选empty nest 空巢(儿女长大离家)every cloud has a silver lining 乌云也有银边(祸兮福所倚,塞翁失马)fall into place 落实,就绪fender bender 撞弯保险杠的车祸(小车祸)fight tooth and nail 爪牙并施,拚命抵抗fine line 细线(微妙的差别)fish out of water 如鱼离水flash in the pan 淘金盆里的反光(空欢喜一场,好景不长)fork in the road 岔路framed 被陷害,遭栽赃full throttle 加足马力。

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

I beat my brains (out) to get a job.为了找寻工作,我伤透了脑筋。

I blinded with science.无言以对。

I broke my neck to add slangs here.我努力地往这里添加俚语:)I can‘t come up with it.我做不到。

I can‘t burn the candle at both ends forever.我不能永远这么消耗精力。

I can‘t help it.我没办法。

I can‘t pinpoint it.我没办法明确地指出来。

I can‘t see you quickly enough.我巴不得尽快见你。

I can‘t think of it off hand.我一时想不起来。

I detest you!我恨你。

I didn‘t know. I was only a shot in the dark.我不知道。

那只是我瞎猜的。

I didn‘t mean to pour cold water on your idea.我本不想给你的想法浇冷水的。

I don‘t have the vaguest idea.我一点也不知道。

I don‘t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。

I enjoyed your company.我喜欢有你做伴。

I fast a day every week.我每周绝食一天。

I got a big kick out of it.这件事真令我开心。

I have a sweet tooth.我喜欢吃甜食。

I have a bottomed-down mind.我是个没什么独到见解的人。

I have no direction, I just go wherever the winds blows. 我没有方向,只是随风到处飘。

I have to get rid of my car.我必须把我的车子脱手。

I have to brush up on my English.我得温习英文。

I have to watch my weight.我必须注意我的体重。

I haven‘t got a good house, but I‘ll keep a good house.我没有好的房子,但是我会招待周到的。

I hope I didn‘t offend you.希望我没使你生气。

I hope you saved room for dessert.我希望你留了点肚子吃甜点。

I hope your idea takes wings.我希望你的想法成真。

I just keep my head above water.(生活)还凑合!I knew from the word go what to do next.我很快知道了下一步怎么做。

I like raisins and kebabs.我喜欢吃葡萄干和肉串。

:)I like the soaps.我喜欢连续剧。

I looked high and low for my pen.我到处找我的钢笔。

I lost the door key about here.我在这附近掉了门钥匙。

I only have eyes for you.我只在乎你。

I really need to blow off some steam!我得舒缓一下压力。

I share your enthusiasm.谢谢关心(不耐烦的)。

I smelled a smell of cooking.我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。

I think I get the drift.我知道了。

I think you’ve put your finger on it.你说到点子上了。

I told him to beat it.我叫他走开。

I tossed and turned all night.我整晚翻来覆去。

I wasn‘t born yesterday.我又不是三岁小孩子。

I wish that you would put your cards on the table.我希望你干脆把话挑明。

I wouldn‘t freeload.我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。

I’ll back you up all the way.我完全支持你。

I’ll buy it.我赞成。

I‘ll come back before you know it.我很快就回来。

I‘ll keep my eye open.我会多留意。

I’ll make it up to you.我一定会补偿你的。

I‘ll play it by ear.随兴之所致吧。

I’ll put everything in black and white!我会把所有事情白纸黑字写清楚。

I‘ll see to it.我会留意的。

I‘ll speak against anything I know to be wrong.我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。

I‘ll try to smooth things over.我会妥善处理。

I‘m a chair zucchin i.我是个电脑迷。

I‘m a man of my word.我是个讲信用的人。

I‘m an average player.我打得普通。

I‘m afraid I can‘t let you.恐怕我不能答应你。

I‘m all fingers and thumbs this mornings.今天早上我的手怎么这么笨呢?I’m always punctual.我总是很准时。

I’m an exam jitter.我一考试就紧张。

I’m beat.我累死了。

I‘m being helped.有人招呼我。

I‘m broke.我没什么钱。

I‘m easy to please.我很容易取悦。

I‘m fed up.我厌倦了。

I‘m feeling under the weather.我觉得不舒服。

I‘m from Mis souri.你骗不了我。

I‘m hard up.我经济很困难。

I‘m just browsing.我只是随便看看。

I’m mad about Bruce Lee.我迷死李小龙了。

I’m not good at speaking off the cuff.我不擅长即兴演讲。

I‘m not going to put up with this!我再也受不了啦!I‘m n ot myself today.我今天心神不定。

I‘m on my way.我就上路。

I‘m only waiting for the green light from you.我在等您的允许.I‘m pressed for time.我的时间紧迫。

I‘m really crazy about Michael Jackson‘s rock and roll.我对麦克杰克逊的摇滚爱的发狂。

I’m sick of always waiting for you!你老让我等你,真是烦透了。

I‘m so surprised that you have the face to do so!你怎么有脸做出这样的事!I’m the apple of my grandma‘s eye.我是姥姥的掌上明珠。

I‘m through with you.我和你完了。

I‘m totally maxed out.我真是完全累坏了。

I’m up to my ears in work.我忙的不可开交。

I‘m working on it.我正在努力。

I‘d do anything to see you crack a smile.为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事。

I‘d like a refund.我想退钱。

I‘d like to have telephone service.我想要装电话。

I‘d like to have this prescription filled.我要照这药房配药。

I‘d like to repair our differences.我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。

I‘ve been dying to meet you.我非常非常想见到你。

I‘ve had enough of your garbage.我听腻了你的废话。

If I were in your shoes,I wou ldn‘t do it that way.如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。

If the shoe fits ,wear it.如果是真的就承认吧。

If you don‘t want to lose me, you‘d better lay it on the line.如果你不想失去我,就最好一五一十地告诉我。

If you remain stuck-up, they will often try to pull your leg.假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常想愚弄你的。

In doing we learn.经一事,长一智。

In his speech Mr. Brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats.布朗先生在他的讲座里强调了猫的灵性。

In her hometown ,she was a big fish in a small pond.在她家乡,她很了不起。

It isn‘t much.那是微不足道的。

It rained at intervals this month.这个月不时地下雨。

It slipped my mind.我忘了。

It‘ll come to me.我会想起来的。

It‘s a deal!真便宜。

It’s a hard nut to crack.这是一件棘手的事情。

It’s a hit.这件事很受人欢迎。

It’s a lot of chicken feed.这是小意思,不算什么。

It‘s a pain in the neck.那真是难过的事。

It’s all Greek to me.我全不懂。

It‘s better than nothing.总比什么都没有好。

It‘s full of hot air.这是雷声大雨点小。

It‘s in God‘s hands and we have prepared for the worst.听天由命吧,我们已经做最坏的准备了。

It’s my cup of tea.这很合我胃口。

It‘s no use talking to him ,you‘ll only waste your breath.和谈谈话没有一点用处,你只是在白费唇舌。

相关文档
最新文档