大学英语第二册课后翻译题答案

合集下载

大学英语第三版第二册课后翻译练习参考答案

大学英语第三版第二册课后翻译练习参考答案

新视野读写教程第三版第二册读写教程课后翻译参考答案第一单元英译中English is known as a world language, regularly used by many nationswhose English is not their first language. Like other languages, English has changedgreatly. The history of the English language can be divided into three main periods:Old English, Middle English and Modern English. The English language started withthe invasion of Britain by three Germanic tribes during the 5th century AD, and theycontributed greatly to the formation of the English language. During the medieval andearly modern periods, the influence of English spread throughout the British Isles, andfrom the early 17th century its influence began to be felt throughout the world. Theprocesses of European exploration and colonization for several centuries led tosignificant change in English. Today, American English is particularly influential, dueto the popularity of American cinema, television, music, trade and technology,including the Internet.人们普遍认为英语是一种世界语言,经常被许多不以英语为第一语言的国家使用。

大学英语2课后习题翻译答案

大学英语2课后习题翻译答案

1. 他走得慢是因为他腿有毛病。

1. He walks slowly because of his bad leg.2. 他尽管病得很重,但还是来参加会议了。

2. He came to the meeting despite his serious illness.3. 他确保同样得错误今后不再发生了。

3. He saw to it that the same mistake didn't happen again.4. 现在他们之间的了解多了一些,他们相处得就好些了。

4. Now that they've got to know each other a little better they get along just fine.5. 此时我发现自己被五六个男孩子围住了。

5. Then I found myself surrounded by half a dozen boys.6. 在这幸福的时刻,我向你致以最美好的祝愿。

6. I send you my best wishes on this happy occasion.7. 昨天我去牙科医生那儿将我的一颗蛀牙拔掉了。

7. I went to the dentist yesterday to have a bad/decayed tooth pulled out.8. 事物的发展从根本上讲是由内因决定了。

8. The development of things depends fundamentally on internal causes.9. 条条道路通罗马。

9. All roads lead to Rome.10. 我本来打算今天给你这本书的,可是我忘记把书带来了。

10. I meant to give you that book today but I forgot to bring it with me.11. 我差点儿接受他的建议。

大学英语精读第三版第二册英语课后翻译答案

大学英语精读第三版第二册英语课后翻译答案
几天前,由三位医生和两名护士组成的医疗队出发到山区去了
6. The village is named after the front of it.
这个村庄是以树立在它前面的那座高山命名的
7. He was ill for about a week, which has really set him back in his studies.
英语翻译第二章
1. Their argument ended when she slammed the door and left without a word.
她砰地关上门,一声不吭地走了,他们间那场争执就此结束
2. The guest at the dinner party were slightly surprised at the commanding tone of the American.
她在当地一家银行找到一份出纳员的工作,但不久因不称职而被解雇了。
2. It is obviously/clearly his young assistant who is running the book store.
很明显是他的年轻助手在经营这家书店。
3. No sooner had the proposal been announced at the meeting than she got to her feet to protest.
这个房间有股霉味,一定是好久没人住了。
7. As far as hobbies are concerned, Jane and her sister have little in common.
就业余爱好而言,珍妮和她妹妹几乎没有什么共同之处。

新视野大学英语2课后答案翻译

新视野大学英语2课后答案翻译

新视野大学英语2课后答案翻译【篇一:新视野大学英语读写教程第二版第二册答案】p class=txt>新视野大学英语(第二版)第二册unit 1答案 unit 1section ai comprehension of the text1. the attitude is that if one is not moving ahead heis falling behind.2. time is treated as if it were something almostreal. (people budget it, waste it, steal it, kill it, cut it, account for it;they also charge for it.) they do this because time is a precious resource.3. everyone is in a rush —often under pressure. city people always appear to be hurrying to get wherethey are going, restlessly seeking attention in a store or elbowing others asthey try to complete their shopping.4. don’t take it personally. this isbecause people value time highly and they resent someone else ―wasting‖ it beyond a certain appropriatepoint.5. new arrivals in america will miss opening exchanges,the ritual interaction that goes with a cup of coffee or tea and leisurelychats.6. americans produce a steady flow of labor-savingdevices. they communicate rapidly through faxes, phone calls or emails ratherthan through personal contacts.7. the impersonality of electronic communication haslittle or no relation to the significance of the matter at hand.8. it is taken as a sign of skillfulness or beingcompetent to solve a problem or fulfill a job with speed in the u.s.vocabularyiii1. charge2. convention3. efficient4. obtain5. competent6. assessing7.fulfill8. conducting consequently 10. significance iv.1.behind 2. at 3. in 4. out 5. to 6.to 7. in 8. with 9. but 10.for v.1. l2. c3. d4. n5. o6.a7.e8.g9.i 10.kword buildingvi1. commitment2. attraction3. appointment4.impression5. civilization6. composition7. confusion8.congratulation9. consideration 10. explanation 11. acquisition 12.depression vii.desirable favorableconsiderableacceptabledrinkable advisableremarkable preferable1. advisable2.desirable3. favorable4. considerable5. remarkable6. preferable7. drinkable8. acceptablestructureviii1. much less can he write english articles2. much less can he manage a big company3. much less could he carry it upstairs4. much less have i spoken to him5. much less to read a lot outside of itix1. having meals at home can cost as little as two orthree dollars, whereas eating out at a restaurant is always more expensive.2. we thought she was rather proud, whereas in factshe was just very shy.3. we have never done anything for them, whereas theyhave done so much for us.4. natalie prefers to stay for another week, whereasher husband prefers to leave immediately.5. some praise him highly, whereas others put him downseverelytranslationx.1. she wouldn’t take a drink, much less wouldshe stay for dinner.2. he thought i was lying to him, whereas i wastelling the truth.3. how do you account for the fact that you have beenlate every day this week?4. the increase in their profits is due partly totheir new market strategy.5. such measures are likely to result in theimprovement of work efficiency.6. we have already poured a lot of time and energyinto the project, so we have to carry on.xi1. 我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了。

新视野大学英语(第二)第二册课后翻译原题及答案

新视野大学英语(第二)第二册课后翻译原题及答案

Book 2 课后翻译原题及答案Unit11. She wouldn't take a drink, much less could she stay for dinner.她连水都不愿喝一口,更别提留下来吃饭了。

2. He thought I was lying to him, whereas I was telling the truth. 他认为我在对他说谎,但实际上我讲的是实话。

3. How do you account for the fact that you have been late every day this week?这个星期你每天都迟到,对此你怎么解释?4. The increase in their profits is due partly to their new market strategy. 他们利润增长,部分原因是采用了新的市场策略。

5. Such measures are likely to result in the improvement of work efficiency.这样的措施很可能会带来工作效率的提高。

6. We have already poured a lot of time and energy into the project, so we have to carry on.我们已经在这个项目上投入了大量时间和精力,所以我们只能继续。

1. 我认为他不会抢劫,更不用说暴力抢劫了.I don't think that he would commit robbery, much less would he commit violent robbery.2. 男工平均工资每小时10美元,而女工才每小时7美元.Men earn ten dollars an hour on average, whereas women only seven dollars.3. 自然界的平衡一旦遭到破坏,就会带来很多不可预知的影响. Once the balance in nature is disturbed, it will result in a number of possible unforeseeable effects.4. 期终考试迫在眉睫,你最好多花点时间看书. The final examination is close at hand; you'd better spend more time reading.5. 有趣的是,消费者发现越来越难以辨别某些品牌的原产国.其部分原因来自于全球化带来的影响,部分原因是由于产地的变化.What is interesting is that consumers find it increasingly difficult to identify the nationality of certain brands. This is due partly to globalization and partly to changes in the location of production.6. 最近一次调查表明,妇女占总劳动力的40%.A recent survey showed that women account for40 percent of the total workforce.Unit21. Despite the fact that she is the only child in her family, she is never babied by her parents.尽管她是家里的独生女,她父母也从不溺爱她。

【英语学习】大学英语精读第三版第二册英语课后翻译答案共(4页)

【英语学习】大学英语精读第三版第二册英语课后翻译答案共(4页)

【英语学习】大学英语精读第三版第二册英语课后翻译答案共(4页)大学英语精读第二册(第三版)翻译答案[(Gases such as carbon monoxide, emitted by factories and automobiles, have seriously polluted the atmosphere.工厂和汽车发出的一氧化碳一类的气体严重污染了大气2(The industrial engineer’s letter indicates that he doubts the feasibility of the plan.那为工业管理工程师来的信表明,他对改项计划是否可行有怀疑3(Many parents in the United States set aside a fund for their children’s education before they are born.美国许多父母在孩子出生之前就为他们的教育留出一笔专款4(I have made sure that her conclusion is based on facts.我已了解清楚,她的结论是以事实为根据的5( The medical team, composed of three doctors and two nurses, setoff for the mountain(ous) area a few days ago.几天前,由三位医生和两名护士组成的医疗队出发到山区去了6( The village is named after the high mountain that stands in front of it. 这个村庄是以树立在它前面的那座高山命名的7( He was ill for about a week, which has really set him back in his studies. 他病了一个月左右,这使他在学习上耽误了很多8( The war that broke out between the North and the South in 1861 is known in history as the American Civil War.南方和北方之间于一八六一年爆发的那场战争在历史上称为“美国内战”英语翻译第二章1( Their argument ended when she slammed the door and left without a word. 她砰地关上门,一声不吭地走了,他们间那场争执就此结束2( The guest at the dinner party were slightly surprised at the commanding tone of the American.出席晚宴的客人对那个美国人威严的语气感到有点以外3( Johnny has outgrown the fear of staying at home alone.约翰尼已长大成熟,不再害怕独自呆在家里了4( While all the other passengers made for the exit, he alone remained in his seat as if unwilling to leave the plane.当全部乘客都向出口处走去时,他却独自留在座位上,好象不愿意离开这架飞机似的5( The letter is to be handed to Dr. Wilson himself.这封信必须交给威尔逊博士本人6( While she felt like joining in the argument, Nancy was too shy to open her mouth. 南希虽然很想参加辩论,但腼腆得不敢开口7( What do you think is the likeliest time to find him at home? 你觉得什么时候最有可能在家里找到他8( The hunter’s face (was) lit up with e xcitement as soon as he saw a fox emerge fromamong the bushes and run in thedirection of/ make for the trap he had laid.猎人一看见有只狐狸从树丛中出现并向他设下的陷阱方向跑去,脸上顿时闪出了兴奋的表情英语翻译第三章1( It was suggested at the meeting that a committee of 11 be appointed to make a new constitution.会上有人建议任命一个十一人委员会来制定新章程2( By making on-the-spot observation, the young scientist obtained first-hand information they needed in their research work.这些青年科学家通过现场观察,获得了研究工作所需的第一手资料3( It is very likely that he will be rejected by the army because of his bad eyesight. 他很可能会因视力不好而被拒收入伍4( The committee members have conflicting opinions as to the best location of the new airport.委员会成员在新机场最佳选址这一问题上持有不同意见5. Henry’s works of art are superior in many respects to those of his brother’s.亨利创作的艺术品在许多方面比他兄弟的要好6. The steady rise in the quality of our products owes much to the improvement of our equipment.我们产品质量的稳步提高在很大程度上是由于设备有所改进7. Jim would have preferred to act on his own judgment, but he didn’t because as a soldier he had to obey th e order.吉姆本想按照自己的判断行事,但他没有这样做,因为作为军人他得服从命令8. Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a citywithout bikes or one without cars. I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.如果让我来决定我们是要一个没有自行车的城市呢,还是要一个没有汽车的城市,我会毫不犹豫地选择后者英语翻译第四章1. She got a post as a cashier at a local bank. But she was soonfired because she proved to be incompetent.她在当地一家银行找到一份出纳员的工作,但不久因不称职而被解雇了。

大学英语精读第二册7-10第三册1-3课后翻译答案

大学英语精读第二册7-10第三册1-3课后翻译答案

大学英语精读第二册下第三册上课后翻译答案Book2 Unit7 翻译1) 在当地政府的领导下,村民们奋起应付由水灾造成的严重粮食危机。

Under the leadership of the local government, the villagers rose to the serious food crisis caused by the floods.2) 这个展览会很受欢迎,吸引着源源而至的参观者。

The exhibition is very popular and is attracting a steady stream of visitors.3) 妈妈上楼来查看我们这些孩子时,我转过身假装睡着了。

When Mom came upstairs to check on us kids, I turned over and pretended to be asleep.4) 对阿姆斯特德来说,向毒贩展开斗争是个挑战。

虽然她感到紧张不安,但她决心勇敢地面对这些人。

Waging a battle against the drug pushers was a challenge to Armstead. She felt rather nervous but she decided to confront them.5) 老太太叫我小心些,不要与那些在街角闲荡的家伙讲话。

The old lady told me to be cautious and not to talk to the guys hanging out on the street corner.6) 一个卫生组织促使地方政府为建造一所新的医院筹措三百万美元的资金。

A health organization prompted the local government to raise a three-million-dollar fund for a new hospital.7) 那个曾放火烧教堂的男子打开门时,迎面遇到十来个持枪的警察。

大学英语二课后翻译习题答案

大学英语二课后翻译习题答案

一、1. 他的工作与动物有关。

(have something to do with)His work has something to do with animals.2. 为了在天黑前到达,我们早早动了身。

(in order to)We started early in order to arrive before dark.3. 从她的口音判断,她一定是一个北方人。

(judge by)Judging by her accent, she must be from the North.4. 如果你们要她来,就是先通知她。

(in advance)If you need her to come, inform her in advance.5. 我不清楚他为什么改变了主意。

(change one’s mind)I don’t know why he changed his mind.6. 多数人一旦学会游泳,就会喜欢上它的。

(once)Most people like to swim once they have learned how (to swim).7. 你现在准备得越充分,考试时就越有信心。

(confidence)The more preparations you make now, the more confidence you’ll have in the exam.8. 英语学好了,你就会经常用它。

而经常使用反过来又会使你学得更好。

(frequent use)If you learn English well, you will use it often. The frequent use, in turn, will make you learn better.二、1. 我正在照料附近工厂的一位工人。

(take care of)I am taking care of a worker from a neighboring factory.2. 我昨天晚上上床以后对这个问题反复进行了思考,但仍然找不到解决办法。

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

大学英语第二册课后翻译题答案初学者在摄影构图中常犯的错误及禁忌!光圈优先自动技巧新世纪大学英语综合教程2课后翻译题(Translation)答案2010-06-28 21:36:20| 分类:默认分类| 标签:|字号大中小订阅Unit 11. 在生活中,我们最愚蠢的行为就是太执着于自己的东西,不愿意放弃。

In life our stupidest course of action is to cling too much to what we have and refuse to let go.2.我愿意在IT行业工作,但我不知道如何着手。

I'm willing to work in the IT industry, but have no idea how to go about it.3.许多人都已意识到与大自然和谐相处的重要性。

Many people are aware of the importance of living in harmony with nature.4.像“代沟”这样的问题是不可以被掩盖起来的。

Problems like the generation gap cannot be swept under the carpet.5.我始终不懂什么事在使她心烦。

I never did understand what was eating away at her.6.他一生都与世无争。

He has been at peace with the world all his life.7. 他没有说出自己的想法。

一则她未必理解,二则他怕自己得不到她的宽恕。

He did not speak out/say what he thought. For one thing, she might not understand. For another, he was afraid that she might not forgive him.8.随着岁月流逝,他对中国文化越来越感兴趣。

As the years rolled by, he became increasingly interested in /fascinated by Chinese culture.Unit 21. 这种情景总是令我感动,让我沉思。

Such a sight always moves me and sets me thinking.2.别怪她了,在类似情况下,你自己也会这么做的。

Stop scolding/blaming her—you’d have done the same thing under/in similar circumstances.3. 我们应当为自己所拥有的一切而心存感激,而不是对任何事情都漫不经心。

We should be appreciative of/grateful for what we have instead of taking everything for granted.4.他也许会答应改变,但无非又是说一套做一套罢了。

He may promise to change, but it’s the same old story of saying one thing and doing another.5. 我苦苦思索该怎样把这可怕的消息告诉他。

I racked my brains about how to break the terrible news to him.6. 我将永远无法报答父母为我所做的一切。

It will be impossible for me to repay my parents for everything they have done for me.7.且让我再次感谢大家的参与,祝你们工作顺利。

For now, it reminds to me to thank you once more for joining us and wish you good luck in your work.8.我已开始就说过,他会给我们惹麻烦的。

I said right from the beginning that he would cause us trouble.Unit 31.听说他的新书是根据发生在田纳西州一个小镇上的真事写的。

Rumor has it that his new book is based on a true story about a family in a small Tennessee town.2.他在中学教书,但也兼职做些翻译来赚取外快。

He teaches in a middle school, but he does some translation work onthe side to bring extra cash/money.3.自信是件好事,但自信与自负是有区别的。

It’s good to be confident (about yourself), but there is a difference between confidence and conceit.4. 只有坚持到底的人才会成功。

半途而废的人永远也无法实现梦想。

Only those who stick it out can achieve success. Those who give up halfway will never realize their dreams.5.一个真正的英雄有勇气,有高尚的目标,而且乐于奉献。

A true hero possesses/has courage, a noble purpose and a willingness to make sacrifices.6. 任何人只要拿起这本小说读了第一段,就会发现很难把它放下。

Anyone who picked up this novel and reads the first paragraph will be hard pressed to put it down.7.从某种意义上说,生活就像游泳。

如果总是扶住池边,就永远也学不会。

In a sense, life is like swimming; if you keep holding on to the sides of the pool, you (will) never learn.8.一个民族的前途在很大程度上取决于其教育与培训的质量。

The future of a nation depends in a large measure upon the quality of education and training.Unit 41.只有那些有过类似经历的人,才能够完全理解这一点。

Only those who have lived through a similar experience can fully appreciate this.2. 科学家们一直没有弄明白这些粒子是怎么形成、又是如何相互作用的。

Scientists have been hard pressed to figure out how these particles form and interact (with one another).3.我要特别感谢每一个在这些年来以不同方式做出了贡献的人。

I’d like to express my special thanks to everyone who has contributed over the years in one way or another.4.团队环境中员工个人的成功能带来公司的成功。

The individual success of the employees in a team environment results in success for the company.5.这场战争,虽说从军事角度而言是成功的,却令经济几乎崩溃。

The war, although successful in military terms, left the economy almost in ruins.6.他决定把自己的精力用到有益的事上,而不是整天守在电视机前。

He decided to channel his energies into something useful, instead of being glued to the TV set all day.7. 力量与勇气是有区别的。

生存需要力量,生活需要勇气。

There is a difference between strength and courage. It takes strength to survive. It takes courage to live.8.她天生就是一个非常温柔亲切的人,总是乐于向别人伸出援手。

She was by nature a very affectionate person, always ready to give a helping hand to others.Unit 51. 他为我们公司当顾问,工作中遇到困难时我们经常向他请教。

He consults for our company and we often consult him when we encounter problems in our work.2. 不要试图去作弊——你绝不会得逞的。

Don’t try to cheat-you’ll never get away with it.3. 不论可能面临什么样的困难,我父亲总是很乐观。

他给我们树立了一个正面的榜样。

My father is always optimistic, regardless of the difficulties that he may face. He is a positive role model for us.4. 这本小说描写了20世纪二三十年代中国一个大家族的兴衰沉浮。

This novel describes the ups and downs of a big family during china’s 1920’s and 1930’s.5. 做事只有好心是不够的,还要有理智。

It is not enough to act in good faith. We also need to act reasonably.6. 考试前开夜车,那也许能考个好分数,但从长远来看,平时用功才能真正取的学业成功。

相关文档
最新文档