大学英语第三册翻译答案

  1. 1、下载文档前请自行甄别文档内容的完整性,平台不提供额外的编辑、内容补充、找答案等附加服务。
  2. 2、"仅部分预览"的文档,不可在线预览部分如存在完整性等问题,可反馈申请退款(可完整预览的文档不适用该条件!)。
  3. 3、如文档侵犯您的权益,请联系客服反馈,我们会尽快为您处理(人工客服工作时间:9:00-18:30)。

1.发言人明确表示总统在任何情况下都不会取消这次旅行。

The spokesman made it clear that the President would not cancle the trip under any circumstances.

2 .杰克对书架上那些书一本也不了解,所以他的选择是很随意的。

Jack didn't know anything about any of the books on the bookshelf, so his choice was quite arbitrary.

3.随后发生的那些事件再次证明了我的猜疑是对的。

The subsequent events once again confirmed that my suspicions were right.

4.我认为我们应该鼓励中学生在暑假找临时工作。

I think we should encourage high school students to find temporary jobs / employment during their summer holidays.

5.令我们吃惊的是,这位常被赞为十分正直的州长竟然是个贪官。

To our surprise ,the governor, who had often been praised for his

honesty ,turned out to be a corrupt official.

6.只有少数工人工人得到提升,在这同时却有数百名工人被解雇。

A few workers were promoted ,but meanwhile hundreds of workers were dismissed.

7.如果有机会,约翰也许成为一位杰出的画家了。

Given the chance, John might have been an excellent painter.

8.数小时后,有人看见那个男孩在林子里瞎转。

Several hours later, the boy was found wandering around in the woods.

Unit3

1.许多美国大学生申请政府贷款交付学费。

Many American students apply for government loans to pay for their tuition. 2.除阅读教材外,使用电影和录像会激发学生学习的兴趣。

In addition to reading materials ,the application of films and videotapes can stimulate students’ interest in their study.

3.这位律师试图?服陪审团他的当事人是无辜的。

The attorney tired to convince the jury that his client is innocent.

4.提问常常会引发创造的火花。

Asking questions often generates the spark of creativity.

5.我已经把我的简历寄往几家公司,但尚未收到回复。

I have sent off my resume to a few companies, but haven’t received a reply yet. 6她的结论是建立在对当前国际情况进行了认真的分析的基础上的。

Her conclusion is built / based on a careful analysis of current international affairs.

7.我们满怀希望地来参加会议,离开时却大失所望。

We came to the meeting with great expectation, but we left very disappointed.

8.暂时他只得接受了一份给一家化妆品公司发促销传单的活儿。

At the moment he has to take the job of distributing leaflets to promote products for a cosmetic company.

1.就能力而言,我肯定他能胜任这件工作。

As far as ability is concerned, I am sure he will qualify for the job.

2.认为约翰会因为他的失礼而向他们正式道歉,那就错了。

It is wrong to assume that John will formally apologize to them for the impoliteness.

3.这一丑闻对正在力争赢得大选的工党来?,无疑是一件尴尬的事。

The scandal is certainly an embarrassment to the Labour Party aiming at winning the election.

4.我正在认真地写学期论文的时候,我的小妹妹连蹦带跳地上了楼。

I was working carefully on my term paper when my little sister bounded upstairs and rushed into my room.

5.我问她数次,可她拒绝回答我的问题。

I asked her several times ,but she refused to respond to my questions.

6.在西方,人们常常邮购商品,这可以节省许多时间。

In the west,people often send away for goods, which can save them a lot of time.

7.抱歉, 时间不多了,我建议我们跳到最后一章。

Sorry time is running out; I suggest we skip to the last chapter.

8.既然你决定尽快完成硕士课程,那就别让你的社交生活妨碍你的学习。Don’t let your social life stand in the way of your studies, since you’ve set your mind to finishing the master’s program as soon as possible.

Unit 6

1.装了假肢,他起初走路走不稳,但经过锻炼他的步子稳了。

Fitted with the artificial leg, he walked unsteadily at first,but with practice his steos became steady.

2.医生说我得了重感冒,她给我开了四种药,三种是药片,饭后服,另一种药水,睡前服。

The doctor said I had caught a bad cold and she prescribed me four kinds of medicine.Three of them are pills to be taken aftermeal, and theother is liquid tobe taken before bedtime.

3.我妹妹的爱犬被人偷走后,她心里难受了好几个星期。

My sister felt miserable for weeks after she had her pet dog stolen.

4.汽车早已开走看不见了,珍妮还站在大门口凝视著路的尽头。

The car long being out of sight ,Jenny was still standing at the door ,gazing toward the end of the road.

5.就我所知,他们相互感情上已有一些时间。

As far as I know, they have been emotionally detached from each other for quite some time.

相关文档
最新文档