常用英文俗语和俚语

常用英文俗语和俚语
常用英文俗语和俚语

英文短句A

I'm just a big fat zero. (谦虚的说法)我什么都不是.

There is a big hole in my head. 我什么都不记得了.

It slipped my mind. 我忘记了.

She's not my cup of tea. 她不合我胃口.

I'll have to take raincheck. (找借口说法)我有其他事情要做.

Just a spur of the moment. 一时冲动.

You don't seem to be quite yourself today. 你今天看起来似乎有些不对头呢How big of you. 你真棒!

What brought you here? 哪阵风把你吹来了.

Sleeping on both ears. /like a log. 睡得很沉.

That rings a bell. 听起来好熟悉啊.

Can you dig it? 你懂了吗?

So,that is what it boils down to. 哦,原来如此.

B

A thousand time no. 不行!

It is not a big deal. 没什么了不起的.

I'm not going. 我不去了.

Just right place,right time. 仅仅天时地利而已.

Don't get loaded. 别喝醉了.

I'm going to go. 我这就去.

He is the pain on neck. 他真讨厌.

That is a boy. /That's something. 真妙,太好了.

get an eyeful/a mouthful/an earful. 大饱眼福/吃够/听够

It can be a killer. 这是个棘手的问题.

My hands arefull right now. /I'm booked up. 我没空.

C

Sorry,I mistook you for someone else. 对不起,我认错人了.

Somebody is asking for you. 有人找你.

I wasn't born yesterday. 我不是三岁小孩.

How do I address you ? 我该怎样称呼你?

How long is the wait? 还要等多久?

Stop stalling and go. 不要磨蹭了.

Let's play it by ear. 到那山头唱那首歌.

You were saying? 你说什么呢?

Drop by sometime. 有空来座座.

I'm so fed up with your bullshit. Cut the crap.

我受够你了,废话少说!

D

Let's not jump the gun. 别太心急.

Would you mind making less noise? 你能小声点吗?

Stop beating around the bush. 别绕圈子了.

I am tone-deaf. 我五音不全.

Let's grab something to eat. 我们随便吃点.

Don't give it another thought. 别想得太多.

It's all or nothing. 豁出去.

Make it snappy. 干脆点,耿直点.

Every Tom,Dick and Harry 张三李四王二麻子.

It is hilarious. (表演等)真好笑.

E

You don't say! 没想到/你还不要说. . .

Get off my back 别烦我.

I'm just browing/looking. (在商店等)我只是随便看看.

He's fresh. 他很好色.

There is no smoke without fire. 无风不起浪.

Money talks. 有钱能使鬼推磨.

That is the name of the game. 那才是主题.

Stop goofing off. 别偷懒.

Give me a break. 拜托.

Speak of the devil. 说曹操,曹操到.

F

Sorry,I got you in trouble. 不好意思,给你添麻烦了.

I'll try to do my part. 我会尽力本职工作.

When in the most convenient time for you? 你什么时候方便?

Don't put the cart before the horse. 别本末倒置.

Man proposes and god disposes. 谋事在人,成事在天.

Don't brush me off. 别敷衍我。

You are all wet. 你误会了.

Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧.

Ten to one it will rain tomorrow. 十之八九明天要下雨.

Fact speak louder than words. 事实胜于雄辩.

With things as such,we'll have to let things slide.

事到如今,我们只能顺其自然.

G

It's encrypted. (文件等)加密了的.

What's eating you? /What's bugging you? 你有撒烦恼? It's on the house. 免费的.

Play to the score 画龙点精.

What's really pissing you off? 什么让你这样生气啊?

She makes her living for soil. 她以种地为生.

Stay low key 保持低调.

I've been looking all over for you. 我一直在四处找你.

What took you so long? 你怎么这么久才来?

It looks questionable to me. 我觉得有点可疑.

H

Our team gained the upper hand. 我们队占上风。

but all in all 但总的说来

Don't jump on me. 别对我发火。

go with the flow. 随大流

I don't know what came over me. 我不知道我怎么啦

It's just a put-on. 那仅仅是摆样子的

That solves it. 原来这样。

Wow,it's packed/it's crowded. 哇,人好多!

Pls line up 请排队

Don't cut in line 别插队

Don't make a fool of yourself. 不要丢人现眼。

I

Don't fall for it. 别上当。

Here ye.

He is shaky. 他靠不住

Scoot up/back/over 往前(后、旁)挪挪

Give me some slack. 放我一马

It is just a matter of time. 那仅仅是时间问题

It is a deal. /you're on. 说定了。

We have no way out. 我们没办法了。

Don't get me wrong. 别误会我。

It's up in the air. 还悬着呢。

J

I don't have any appetite. 我没胃口

There's nobody by that name working here. 这儿工作的人没叫那名字的Promise is debt. 一诺千金

That count? 那也算?

kind of precipitation有些仓促

Copy that/roger/I hear you. 知道了

I'm not a spring chicken. 我不是菜鸟

He pushes his luck. 他太贪心

What if I go for you? 我替你怎样?

K

Bottle it. 闭嘴.

Let's bag it. 先放到一边.

I stay at home a lot. 我多半呆在家里

I swear by the god. 我对天发誓

Help me out. 帮帮我

Our team sucks. 我们队很烂

Be punctual要准时

I am pressed for time. 我时间很紧

I have to rush. 我得快点

Don't even think about it. 想都不要想

L

How good are you at tennis? 你网球怎样?Does it serve your purpose? 那对你有用途吗?It is a long story. 说来话长

Any urgent thing? 有急事吗?

Don't get high hat. 别戴高帽子.

Have a good of it. 过得愉快.

Maybe I'm going out on a limb,but I think we still have to do it.

尽管我们现在很艰难,但也要进行下去.

I don't have skeleton in my closet. 我没不可告人的秘密I'm bored to death. 我烦死了

She is still mad at me. 他还在对我生气

I'm dying to see you. 我渴望想见到你

M

Come on,be reasonable. 得了,讲理点.

Chin up. 高兴点.

I might hear a pin drop. 太安静了.

He has an ax to grind. 他另有企图.

It doesn't make any differences. 没撒关系的.

still up? 还没睡?

What is the fuss? 吵什么?

Why are you so sure? 为什么你如此相信?Don't take ill of me. 别取笑我.

hit the ceiling. 大发雷霆.

N

I'll kick your ass. 我会炒你鱿鱼。

Don't over do it. 不要过火了。(over the top)

Is that so? 是那样的吗?

You ask for it. 你自找的。

Hang on/Hold on. 别挂。

Blast! 妈的。

sure thing 当然的事。

can-do 能人

Drop it.

make it up 不记前嫌。

O

Here is the thing. 说白了

come to the point. 说穿了。

Boy will be boys. 本性难移。

Believe it or not. 信不信由你

Stay on the ball 集中注意力

That's always the case. 习以为常

Get a move on. 走快点。

We'd better be off. 我们最好离开。

I just couldn't help it. 我忍不住了。

I was deeply moved. 我被深深打动了。

P

Don't take it to heart. 别往心里去。

Brilliant idea 好主意。

Do you really mean it? 你说的是真的?

Save your breath!I don't want to hear it. 不要再说了,我不想听。Just cool your heels! 安静点!

I'm a man of my word. 我是个言而有信的人。

I hope your idea takes wing. 我希望你能梦想成真。

You swept me off my feet. 你令我神魂颠倒

That's going too far. 那扯得太远了。

Q

That's more like that. 那才像话。

The answer is zero. 白忙活了。

The dice is cast. 已成定局。

The same as usual. 一如既往。

Time is running out. 时间不够了。

Don't play games with me. 不要对我耍花招。

I'm not going to kid you. 我不是和你开玩笑的。

Good beginning is half done. 良好的开始是成功的一半。

None of your keyhole. 别偷看。

You never know. 很多事情说不清楚。

R

Clean up your act 手脚干净点

Don't sell yourself short. 不要妄自菲薄

Hey,that's my line. 嘿,那是我口头禅

It's all semantics. 换汤不换药

That's a whole new ball game. 那是另外一回事。

May I have the floor? 我可以发言吗?

In a nutshell/in a word 总之

What's cooking? 在忙些撒?

Take heart. 勇敢点

A door slams,a window opens. 失之东隅,收之桑榆。

S

I couldn't care less. 无所谓,我才不在乎。

Yesterday was yesterday,live for today. 好汉不提当年勇。

You/ve got to suffer a little to be successful. 不经历风雨怎么见彩虹。Measure twice and cut once. 三思而后行。

frost on the cake 锦上添花

see facts ,not people 对事不对人

I give up. 我认了

It lives up to its name. 名副其实

One rotten apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. 一颗耗子屎坏了一锅汤That's final. 不要在提。

T

Nobody's perfect. 人无完人。

I'm sorry my tongue got twisted. 对不起我无法用言语表达。

Don't use any four letter words. 不要说脏话。

What is this crap? 这是撒玩意?

Where can I get hold of you? 我怎样与你联系?

Two heads are better than one. 三个诸葛亮顶个臭屁匠。

Those who lie down with dogs,rise up with fleas. 近朱者赤,近墨者黑。The rotten apple spoil the barrel. 一颗耗子屎坏了一锅汤。

East,west,home's best. 金窝银窝不如自己的狗窝。

I'm just a human being. 我只是个普通人。

U

Soften your approach. 温柔点。

Don't fuss. 别费神。

He worries himself over nothing. 他杞人忧天。

Quit whining. 别发牢骚。

There's nothing more to discuss. 没必要再讨论了。

The majority rules. 少数服从多数。

Don't be nosy. 别管闲事。

Where did you pick that up? 你从哪里知道的?

Your choice of words stinks. 你说话真臭。

He's too familiar. 他太随便了。

V

take the roll call 点名

Bag it! 放一边。

Screw you. /up yours! 操你。

I live as I please. 我愿意这样。

so far so good. 到目前为止一切都好。

Beats me. 难倒我了。

Not precisely. 不见得;说不清楚。

We all have our good points. 我们每个人都有优点。

Don't kick a man when he is down. 别打落水狗。

He's a double talker. 他两面三刀。

W

more haste,less speed. 欲速则不达。

Knowedge see no boundary. 学无止境。

We owe to you. /we are appreciative. 我们感激你。It's tiptop. 太好了,太妙了。

whoops. 哎哟。

Ballocks. 你说人家的JB。

Bastard. 私生子。

I've got to go. 我得走了。

Wish you all the best. 愿你一切如意。

I'll give you a ring/a call/a buzz. 我会给你电话。

X

I'll have a look-see. 我看看。

The walls have ears. 隔墙有耳。

Don't be jumping to conclusion. 别妄下结论。

It makes no difference to me. 对我而言没撒影响。

Every cloud has a silver lining. 事物都有两面性。

Sorry,It was a slip of the tongue. 对不起,我一时失言。

I feel really guilty about it. 我感到真的很抱歉。

Don't bring up the past. 别提过去那些事。

It's never too late to mend. 亡羊补牢,尚时未晚。

We all have our pluses and minuses. 我们每个人都有长短处。

Y

I get by. 我还过得去。

Fancy meeting you here. 没想到在这里遇到你。

Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚,人以群分。

A dog and a wolf can't go far.

You can't fly with eagles when you hang with turkeys.

please don't pry. It's personal.

It was sort of a casual thing.

I can handle it myself.

That remark was uncalled-for.

No sarcastic remarks.

Z

I weigh my words carefully.

Where did I leave off?

Is there no room for discussion?

I need to get it off my chest.

How obnoxious!

Whatever is done is done.

Where there is life,there is hope.

Good will triumph over evil.

It's just a drop in the bucket.

It's been a real treat.

A1

I bought a cake about this big.

It is black tie.

You should have chivalry.

Can you give me a ballpark figure?

I can't feel my hands.

There are six of us.

Nothing beats this.

It's a metaphor.

That film was a great draw.

The days seem to flash by.

B1

The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. He has a gift for music.

I am young in spirit.

Do you have this shirt in a small? Monkey see,monkey do.

A fall into a pit,a gain in your wit. Diamond cuts diamond.

A little bird told me.

That was a close call.

You get what you pay for.

C1

She is a knock-out. /fox He is a pervert.

I am off the hook now.

He is an alpha male.

Stomp your feet.

You do the math.

She passed out.

What a coincidence!

I just can't get her out of my mind.

Justice has long arms.

D1

The book is as dry as dust.

I am a family-centered person.

I'll level with you.

Stop nagging!

It's too flashy.

Chances are slim.

It's still tentative.

I'll keep my ears open.

You have a lot of nerve.

Think nothing of it.

E1

Don't take it for granted!

Flags are fluttering in the breeze.

Strike the iron while it is hot.

Please go easy on me.

A wild-goose chase.

Far from eye,far from heart.

That is a rip-off.

Do you know how to skip stone?

It is just sprinkling.

I don't like too much cleavage.

F1

He pulled an all-nighter last night. 他昨晚熬了个通宵

Could you stop flipping the channels? 你能不能停止乱按频道? Don't miss the boat. 别错失机会.

Enough ia as good as a feast. 知足常乐

Wine improves with age. 酒越存越香

It's now or never. 要么现在要么就没机会了

Duck! 蹲下

Get down! 趴下

On your knees. 跪下

Good riddance!

G1

It's too plain. 太朴素了

Like father,like son. 有其父,必有其子

It takes two to tango. 一个巴掌拍不响

Our picnic got rained out. 我们野餐因下雨而取消

Where are you headed? 你到哪里去?

You can't afford to mess this up.

Would you knock it off?

You can't keep defending him. 你不能庇着他.

You,for once listen to me. 你就听我一次吧

She's left her books all over the place. 他把书仍得到处都是.

H1

There's np precedent for that. 那没有先例的

He was trembling with rage. 他吓得发抖

Any siblings? 有兄弟姐妹吗?

What's done cannot be undone. 覆水难收

Quit mouthing off. 不要再嚼嘴

What's the gag? 那有什么奥秘?

A flash in the pan. 昙花一现

No big talk with me. 别对我说大话

Old sin makes new shame. 一失足成千古恨

Hey,wait up. 嘿,等一下

I1

you‘re still wet behind the ears. 你还嫩点儿

She is head and shoulder above the other. 她鹤立鸡群。

That boy never says uncle. 那个孩子的嘴特别硬

you rose to the bait. 你中圈套了

I’m from missouri. 你骗不了我

I was only a shot in the dark. 那只是我瞎猜的.

Everyone hush up! 请大家安静!

I just need your John Henry on the dotted line.

我只需要您在点线上签一下您的名字。

This wine has quite a kick. 这酒劲儿很大。

I get weak in the knees. 我腿都软了。

My feet are killing me. 我的脚疼得不得了。(可能就是我们常说的,疼得要命。)J1

My husband is a good-for-nothing bum. 我老公是个窝囊废。

Just remember we're pulling for you. 请记住我们在为你加油鼓劲。

Don't give me the runaround. 你不要对我找借口。

I'm running short on patience. 我已经快没有耐心了。

Nobody likes a smart ass. 没有人喜欢不懂装懂的人

Fix me up. 帮我引荐一下

I was stood up. 我给人放了鸽子

Hold it down. 小点儿声

Hold it 沉住气。

Will you knock off another 10 dollars? 能再便宜10块钱吗

I'm ready to call it an early night. 我正准备早点睡觉。

K1

I was just resting my eyes. 我只是闭了会儿眼睛

I got butterflies in my stomach. 我感到很紧张

Steve would know something's up. Steve会觉得有些不对劲儿

Oh,come on. Be a good sport. 哦,算了。有风度点

You are in your element. 你很自在呀

Zip the lips. 别说了

I know a thing or two about it. 我对此略知一二。

She is an ace dancer. 她是个很牛逼的舞蹈家

Do you wanna another shot? 你想再试一次吗?

Who are you trying to reach? 您这是要找谁啊?(电话里说的。)

L1

It happens. Take it easy. 常有的事,别在意

I'm two seconds from calling the police. 我马上报警

No more screw up. 不要再出什么差错了。

Would you like to come to dinner? It's potluck. 过来吃饭吧,家常便饭。

I am famished. 我饿得要死了

Isn't that gonna be weird? 那不是怪怪的嘛?

Yes! Way to go, man! 兄弟,你行啊

What is this place? 这是什么地方啊?这是哪里?

That is so tacky. 真粗俗。

They fit each other like a hand in a glove. 他们俩很般配。

M1

Do as you would be done by. 已所不欲,勿施于人。

Do well and have well. 善有善报。

You are a snake. 你真阴险。

Take a hike. 哪凉快呆哪儿去

I'll treat you to lunch. 我请你吃午饭。

The lines are crossed. 电话窜线了。

There is no turning back. 没法挽回了。

Act your age. 你也不看看你的年纪。

Don't play dumb. 别装傻。

You lowlife. 你这个下流坯子。

N1

I am addicated to smoking. 我抽烟上瘾。

Tell him to his face. 当面告诉他。

Don't bury your head in the sand. 不要逃避现实。

Don't try to brainwash me. 别想给我**。

I have your number. 我知道你的底细。

Don't dream away your time. 别虚度光阴。

Let's divide the cake into three. 把这蛋糕分成三份。

It's out of character to do that. 那样做不合适。

He cocked his eye at me. 他对我使眼色。

I feel sluggish. 我觉得浑身无力。

O1

They were mean to be together. 有情人终成眷属。

Take things as they come. 既来之则安之。

False friends are worse than bitter enemies.

Your satisfaction is guaranted. 包你满意。

You lunatic. 你这疯子。

Take it or leave it. 买不买由你。

He is bouncy. 他精力很好。

Let's pig out. 我们出去大吃一顿。

They hang out a lot. 他们经常在一起。

You're twisting my words. 你曲解我意思了。

P1

I did it. I take the blame for it. 我敢做就敢当。

I gave you a rough time. 我让你受苦了。

Hey,You almost bumped into me. 嘿,你差点撞倒我了。

It's water under the bridge. 如河水一去不复返。

I'm just a peanut. /I'm a small potato. 我是个小人物。Be succinct. 简洁点。

Let's get started. 咱们动身吧。

All good things must come to an end. 没有不散的宴席。

Things have a way of working out. 风水轮流转。

Look before you leap. 三思而后行。

Q1

I couldn't agree with you more. 我完全同意。

We see eye to eye on this. 在这问题上我们看法一致。

Never pretend to understand when you don't. 千万别不懂装懂。

You have really good taste. 你品位真不错。

It's freezing outside. 外面冷死了

What a nasty day. 所糟糕的一天

Things couldn't be better. 再好不过了

It's not the end of the world. 这没撒大不了的

Hang in there. 坚持!/别松劲

Look on the bright side. 要看事情好的一面

R1

Get out of my face. 别让我看见

I'm going to go take care of business. 我要上厕所

I've got to hit the head. 我要上厕所

I'm going to go pitch a loaf. 我要上厕所

Care if I join you? 介意我加入你们谈话吗?

Don't stand on ceremony. 别客气,别拘束

If you want the rainbow,you gotta put up with the rain. 不经历风雨,怎么见彩虹I can never thank you enough. 我无比感激你

I feel like a million dollars. 我感觉很好

I'm on top of the world. 我快乐极了

S1

We are family. 我们是一家人

What's to eat? 吃什么?

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched. 别过早乐观

Never give up and never give in. 永不放弃,永不屈服。

Seeing is believing. 眼见为实

Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. 心之所愿,无事不成。

Keep in touch. 保持联络。

Time is golden. 一寸光阴一寸金

Time has come. 到时间了/是时候了

It looks like it might. 看起来好象是。

T1

You need to zip your fly. 把你拉链拉上。(裤子前部拉链)

pipe down! 小点声儿

The early bird catches the worm. 早起的鸟儿有虫吃

First come,first served. 捷足先登

Many people can't resist the lure of money. 很多人都无法抵抗金钱的**。

I usually dress casually. 我平时着装随便。

He has lots of head. 他很有头脑。

My attention began to wander. 我开始走神了。

Hope for the best,but prepare for the worst. 做最好打算,做最坏准备。

O. E. (omissions excepted)

U-turn 一百八十度大转弯

U1

Let's call a spade a spade. 让我们有一说一吧。

What a drag! 真没意思。

He is a last minute man. 他是个办事拖拉的人

Don't hog the phone. 别老霸占着电话

You rule. 你说了算吧

I didn't sleep a wink last night. 昨夜我没合过眼

Better be the head of an ass than the tail of a horse. 宁做鸡头,不做凤尾。Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

He is wise in money matters. 他善于理财

Oh!cool hairdo. 哇,好酷的发型。

V1

Look for a needle in a haystack. 海底捞针

Pour water on a drowning mouse. 落井下石

He spoke with a cocky air. 他讲话态度很傲慢。

Yeah,that thought did cross my mind. 是啊,我也那么想过。

It's charred. 烧焦了。

I might get a facial. 我可能要做个面膜护理。

I'm going to make a quick run to the bookstore. 我去书店看两眼。

This is not up for discussion. 别说这个。

I think I'll pass. 我想就不要算我了吧(谦虚客气词)

It's nothing to be ashamed of. 没撒好丢脸的。

W1

What have you got there? 你手里是撒东西?

You're pretty brazen. 你脸皮真厚。

She had vanished without a trace. 他消失得无影无踪。

How alike you two are. 你们俩可**!

Appearances are deceitful. 人不可貌相

A road of a thousand miles begins with one step. 千里之行,始于足下。As the tree,so the fruit. 长什么树,结什么果

A tall tree catches the wind. 树大招风

Bad news has wings. 坏事传千里

Your bank accounts are frozen. 你银行帐户被冻结了

X1

He is released an bail. 她被保释了

In a hundred mile radius. 方圆百里之内

Jack was all steamed up. 杰克非常冲动

She's well-built. /she's well stacked. 她身材很棒。

She's well-groomed. 她穿着得体。

A bird is known by its note ,and a man by his talk. 闻歌知其鸟,听言知其人。

A clear consience is a soft pillow. 问心无愧,高枕无忧

After a storm comes a calm. 否极泰来

After death,the doctor. 放马后炮

A good medicine tastes bitter. 良药苦口

Y1

A lazy youth,a lousy age. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。

A little spark kindles a great fire. 星星之火可以燎原

All covet,all lose. 贪多必失

A man cannot whistle and drink at the same time. 一心不能二用。

Among the blind the one-eyed man is king. 山中无老虎,猴子称霸王。

An hour in the morning is worth two in the evening. 一日之计在于春。Apparel makes the man. 马靠鞍装,人靠衣裳。

Don't be such a stranger. 别见外。

Don't be coy. 别害羞。

I'd bet my life on it. 我以性命担保。

Z1

I'll pursue the matter no further. 我不再追究此事。

I'm a real Manchurian. 我是真正的东北人

He is my defeated foe. 他是我手下败将。

You need a lesson. 他需要教训一顿

You have to jump at the chance. 你要把握好机会

Dismissed. 解散!

Hit the road. 上路、出发、走的意思

Attaboy. 好样的

How long is this gonna take? 这得弄多久啊?

Crowd goes wild. 人群乱套了

A2

I gotta run an errand. 我得办点事情

Lightning flashes and thunder crashes. 雷电交加

He is reversing the car. 他在倒车

In descending order. /ascecding 按递减/上升顺序

It's out of your jurisdiction. 那超出了你的权限

Don't be pissed. 别生气

It's got nothing to do with age. 这和年龄一点关系都没有。

I suppose. 我想是。

I’m a self-starter. 我是个自觉工作的人

I could eat like a horse.

B2

Your name is just on the tip of may tongue. 话在嘴边,就是想不起来了。

It just slipped my mind. 我突然间忘了。

I clean forgot all about it. 我忘得一干二净了。

Catch you later! 回头见!

Today is really not my day! 我今天真倒霉!

I got up on the wrong side of my bed today! 我今天心情不好!

Make every penny count. 每一分前都要花在刀口上。

Cut the frills. 减少不必要的花费。

Pinch and scrape. 省吃俭用。

Break your leg! 祝你好运.

C2

I’d give any things to turn back time. 要是时光能够倒转,那该多好啊.

You scared me out of my wits. 你真是把我吓死了。

I’m falling apart. 我吓死了。

I’m shaking like a leaf. 我混身都在发抖。

In a while, crocodile. (回答)再见!

Don’t be a liar! 不要骗人!

You rock! 你真牛!

Well said!(说得很)地道!

Breezed through it! 顺利过关!

Better luck next time! 继续努力!

D2

Haven't run into you for ages! 好久不见了。

I've come down with the flu. 我得了流感。

Same old thing. 老样子。

Alive. 还过得去。

I got a dressing-down from the teacher. 我被老师批了一顿。

Do you happen to know Mr. Johnson? 您认识约翰逊先生吗?Sorry,I couldn't help overhearing. 对不起,我无意中听到。

Lucky old you! 真太运气了。

Your presentation is smashing. 你表现太出色了。

My compliments on your memory. 真佩服你的记忆力

E2

A thousand pardons for. . . 不好意思啊. . . (抱歉抱歉. . . ) Not a bit of it. 没什么

No harm. 没事,不碍事

That can happen to the best of us. 这种事谁都难免.

I hope we can understand each other better in the days to come.

我希望我们在以后的日子里能更多的了解彼此.

Then I can set my mind at rest. (That's a great relief)

那我就放心了.

You carry it out too far. 你做得太过分了.

You haven't a leg to stand on. 你的话没有根据.

I slipped up there. 这点我疏忽了.

I don't think you stand very much of a chance. 我认为你机会(希望)不大.

F2

Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. 生日快乐,长命百岁.

Here is a little token of my affection. 这是我的一点心意.

It's most thoughtful of you. 你想得真周到.

I'm much obliged to you. 我非常感谢你.

I'm glad to be of some service. 很高兴能为你效劳.

I'll take your advice. 听你的.

The way I see it 依我看

If I were in your shoes. . . 如果我是你的话,

You may /might as well. . . 你不妨. . .

It sure is! 没错!

G2

Come off it! 别胡诌了.

I wouldn't say that. 我不这么认为

Weigh the pros and cons before we make a decision. 作出决定前先平衡得失

Get out of it. 别瞎说了

I don't believe a word of it. 我一点也不信.

It's an out and out fabrication. 那纯属捏造.

Things always go wrong! 老是出差错.

I've got a lot on my mind. 我心情很沉重.

I'm all mixed up. 我给弄糊涂了.

I'm falling to pieces. Everything turns against me.

我感到乱糟糟的,什么事都不顺.

H2

I'm all at sea. 我是一片茫然.

You have a point there. 你说得有道理.

Things look very dim. 前途暗淡.

It's as easy as ABC. 易如反掌.

I can do it blindfold. 我闭着眼睛都能做.

plain sailing 一帆风顺

Good stuff. 好东东

Take the time and trouble to return it. 不怕麻烦花时间将它送来It was no trouble. 没什么麻烦

Will you excuse me? 失陪了

It might be a little cold. 可能有点凉。

I2

You really saved the day for me. 你真的帮了我一个大忙。Excuse the mess. 请别介意这儿乱得很。

I know John very well. 我和John很熟。

I hope nothing is wrong. 但愿没事。

Even without looking. 即使不看也知道。

I'm going to excuse myself. 很抱歉失陪

And with time 随着时光流逝

I have an early start tomorrow. 我明天还得早起

Where did the time go? 时间过得真快!

Have a safe trip home. 路上小心点。

You can bet on it. (You said it) 你说对了

to get on the bandwagon/to swim with the tide/to fly with the flow 随大流

It can be taken as a way. 那倒是个办法。

to water down your demand 降低你的要求

Let's meet each other half way. 咱们各让一步吧

to make the best out of a hard bargain. 尽力而为

I don't mind one way or the other. 我无所谓,怎么都行。

to play along with one's ideas for the time being. 暂时参与. . . 的计划

There's no room for compromise. 没有妥协的余地

When in Rome,do as the Romans do. 入乡随俗

K2

a give-and-take attitude 互谅互让的态度

It's the same as I had expected. 和我预想的一样

take a hard line 采取强硬态度。

And I'm torn. 但我不知如何取舍

How did you feel? 感觉怎么样?

I've been meaning to ask you 我一直想问

That's a good sign. 这是个好兆头

I'm all ears. 我洗耳恭听。

Exactly. 就是这样

You've earned it. 这是你应得的报偿

L2

It's common practice. 这是惯例。

I'm scared to death. 我害怕得要命。

I'm afraid so. 不敢当

Be our guest. 请随意。

Keep your fingers crossed. 希望你一切顺利。

What are you afraid of? 你怕什么?

make yourselves comfortable. 请大家自便(Help yourselves)Wow! I'm overwhelmed. 喔!我太感动了

I'm flattered, 你的厚爱使我受宠若惊

We just got here. 我们才刚到这儿。

M2

He knows all there is to know, 他无所不知

Come on. 别这样说

Well, in that case, 嗯,既然这样

She's a terrific person. 她人很好

英语俚语俗语

中高级口译证书高频翻译考点 中文谚语(英文译文附后) 1.见机行事。 2.兵不厌诈。 3.留得青山在,不怕没柴烧。 4.种瓜得瓜,种豆得豆。 5.不问就听不到假话。 6.情人眼里出西施。 7.血浓于水。 8.海内存知己,天涯若比邻。 9.简洁是智慧的灵魂。 10.公事公办。 11.车到山前必有路。 12.巧妇难为无米之炊。 13.笨鸟先飞。 14.精诚所至,金石为开。 15.置之死地而后生。 16.滴水穿石。 17.习惯成自然。 18.以其人之道,还治其人之身。19.血债要用血来还。 20.隔行如隔山。 21.一回生,二回熟。 22.早动手,早收获。 23.智者千虑,必有一失。 24.吃一堑,长一智。 25.国家兴亡,匹夫有责。 26.每一个人都有美中不足的地方。27.人各有所好。 28.行行出状元。 29.仁者见仁,智者见智。 30.切莫错过良机。 31.凡事总有一个开头。 32.身教胜于言教。 33.经验是智慧之母。 34.经验是愚者之师。 35.乐极生悲。 36.以眼还眼,以牙还牙。 37.心有余而力不足(贪多嚼不烂)。38.吃一堑,长一智。 39.人怕出名猪怕壮。 40.少说为佳。 41.寡不敌众。 42.水火无情。

43.看菜吃饭,量体裁衣。44.患难之交才是真正的朋友。45.君子之交淡如水。 46.天才出自勤奋。 47.礼轻情意重。 48.好故事百听不厌。 49.善有善报,恶有恶报。50.名师出高徒。 51.习惯成自然。 52.欲速则不达(忙中有错)。53.满招损,谦受益。 54.时来运转百事顺。 55.人人都有缺点。 56.近墨者黑。 57.人无远虑,必有近忧。58.来者不善,善者不来。59.与人方便,自己方便。60.谁笑在最后,谁笑得最好。61.健康胜于财富。 62.心有灵犀一点通。 63.历史总在重演。 64.明人不做暗事。 65.诚实是上上之策。 66.态度随地位而变。 67.上梁不正下梁歪。 68.若要人不知,除非己莫为。69.只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针。70.病从口入,祸从口出。71.贵人多忘事。 72.一不做,二不休。 73.酒后吐真言。 74.事后聪明很容易。 75.得道多助,失道寡助。76.天网恢恢,疏而不漏。77.活到老,学到老。 78.知己知彼,百战不殆。79.前事不忘,后事之师。80.同类相吸。 81.有其师必有其徒。 82.学无止境。 83.欲速则不达。 84.养兵千日,用兵一时。85.大丈夫能屈能伸。

最新英语俗语俚语讲解学习

容易犯错的英语口语1. The house is really A-1. (误译)那间房子的门牌确实是A-1号。 (正译)那间房子确实是一流的。 2. He bought a baker's dozen of biscuits. (误译)他买了面包师做的12块饼干。 (正译)他买了13块饼干。 3. A bull of Bashan woke the sleeping child with his noise. (误译)贝兴的一头公牛弄醒了那个酣睡的孩子。 (正译)一个大嗓门的人把那个酣睡的孩子吵醒了。 4. He was a cat in the pan. (误译)他是盘子中的一只猫。 (正译)他是个叛徒。 5. A cat may look at a king. (误译)一只猫都可以看到国王。 (正译)小人物也该有同等权利。 6. Even a hair of dog didn't make him feel better. (误译)即使一根狗毛也不会使他觉得好些。 (正译)即使是再喝解宿醉的一杯酒,也不会使他觉得好些。

7. Is he a Jonah? (误译)他就是叫约拿吗? (正译)他是带来厄运的人吗? 8. Jim is fond of a leap in the dark. (误译)吉姆喜欢在黑暗处跳跃。 (正译)吉姆喜欢冒险行事。 9. A little bird told me the news. (误译)一只小鸟将此消息告诉我。 (正译)消息灵通的人士将此消息告诉我。 10. Angela is a man of a woman. (误译)安吉拉是个有妇之夫。 (正译)安吉拉是个像男人的女人。 11. Nellie is a man of his word. (误译)内莉是他所说的那个人。 (正译)内莉是个守信用的人。 12. He paid a matter of 1000 yuan. (误译)他付了1000元的货物账。 (正译)他大约付了1000元。

英语谚语500句,俚语 俗语与谚语专题精编版

英语谚语500句,俚语俗语与谚语专题 a heart of gold道德高尚的人 a heart of oak果断的人 a stitch in time saves nine一劳永逸 a bad workman quarrels with his tools不会睡觉怪床歪 a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush十鸟在树,不如一鸟在手a bit trying有些苦恼 a burnt child dreads the fire一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井绳 a cat may look at a king一视何伤 a constant guest is never welcome久住令人贱 a contented mind is a perpetual feast知足常乐 a crooked stick will have a crooked shadow上梁不正下梁歪 a friend is easier lost than found朋友易失不易得 a good beginning is half done能善其始,事已半成 a good beginning makes a good ending善始善终 a good gain takes long pain好事多磨 a good lather is half a shave良好的开端等于成功的一半 a good name is better than riches名声好,胜金宝 a good tale is none the worse for being told twice好戏不厌百回看 a jack of all trades is master of none样样精通样样稀松 a little learning is a dangerous thing一知半解是危险的事。 a man cannot whistle and drink at the same time一心不能两用 a man without a smiling face must not open a shop人无笑脸不开店a miss is as good as a mile失之毫厘,差之千里 a near neighbor is better than a distant cousin远亲不如近邻 a necessary lie is harmless必要的谎言无妨 a pin a day is a groat a year聚沙成塔 a reformed rake makes the best husband浪子回头金不换 a rolling stone gathers no moss转石不成苔,转业不聚财

英语俗语俚语

容易犯错得英语口语 1、The house is reallyA—1、 (误译)那间房子得门牌确实就是A-1号。 (正译)那间房子确实就是一流得。 2、Hebought a baker's dozen of biscuits、 (误译)她买了面包师做得12块饼干。 (正译)她买了13块饼干。 3、 A bullofBashanwoke the sleeping child withhis noise、(误译)贝兴得一头公牛弄醒了那个酣睡得孩子. (正译)一个大嗓门得人把那个酣睡得孩子吵醒了。 4、He was acat in the pan、 (误译)她就是盘子中得一只猫。 (正译)她就是个叛徒。 5、Acat may lookat aking、 (误译)一只猫都可以瞧到国王. (正译)小人物也该有同等权利。 6、Even a hairof dog didn't make himfeel better、(误译)即使一根狗毛也不会使她觉得好些. (正译)即使就是再喝解宿醉得一杯酒,也不会使她觉得好些. 7、Ishe a Jonah? (误译)她就就是叫约拿吗? (正译)她就是带来厄运得人吗? 8、Jim isfond of a leap inthe dark、 (误译)吉姆喜欢在黑暗处跳跃。 (正译)吉姆喜欢冒险行事. 9、A little bird toldmethe news、 (误译)一只小鸟将此消息告诉我. (正译)消息灵通得人士将此消息告诉我。 10、Angela is a man of a woman、 (误译)安吉拉就是个有妇之夫.

(正译)安吉拉就是个像男人得女人。 11、Nellie is aman of hisword、 (误译)内莉就是她所说得那个人。 (正译)内莉就是个守信用得人。 12、Hepaid a matter of 1000yuan、 (误译)她付了1000元得货物账. (正译)她大约付了1000元。 13、It is a nicekettle offish!I have astomachache、 (误译)这就是一锅好鱼,(可惜)我胃痛. (正译)真糟糕,我胃痛了。 14、Sheis a noseofwax、 (误译)她得鼻子就是腊制得义鼻. (正译)她没有主见。 15、Glen spent a small fortune on a tourround the world、 (误译)格伦花了一笔小钱周游世界。 (正译)格伦花了巨资周游世界。 16、He isvery gladthat hiswife'sgoing to get a visit fromthe stork、(误译)她为她得妻子将获得参观鹳鸟得机会感到非常高兴. (正译)她为妻子即将生孩子感到非常高兴. 17、Archibaid was a whale at fishing inhis young days、 (误译)阿奇比德年轻时捕鱼捕到了一条鲸鱼。 (正译)阿奇比德年轻时擅长捕鱼. 18、Is thereaworldof difference between Kenneth and Louie? (误译)肯尼斯与路易就是生活在不同得世界吗? (正译)肯尼斯与路易之间有极大得不同吗? 19、The ABChopes to settle in China、 (误译)那个美国广播公司希望在中国设立公司。 (误译)那个在美国土生土长得华裔希望在中国定居。 20、Bruce was takenup above the salt、 (误译)布鲁斯坐在盐上。

最新英语谚语俚语大全(三)

英语谚语大全第一版 C 第13 页共83 页 C 共63 条 Call a spade a spade. 据实而言。 Call me not olive till thou see me gathered. 盖棺论定。Call no man happy until he dies. 盖棺才能定论。 Can the leopard change his spots? 江山易改,本性难移。Care and diligence bring luck. 谨慎和勤奋,带来好运气。 Care brings grey hair. 忧虑催人老。 Care killed the cat. 忧虑伤身。 Cast not out the foul water till you bring in the clean. 清水未来,莫泼赃水。 Cast not your pearls before swine. 明珠莫投暗。 Catch the bear before you sell his skin. 大事未成时,莫开庆功宴。 Cats hide their paws. 大智若愚,大巧若拙。 Caution is the parent of safety. 谨慎小心是安全之源。Chains of gold are stronger than chains of iron. 金链锁人比铁炼更牢靠。 Change lays not her hand upon truth. 真理不变。Charity begins at home, but should not end there. 仁爱须由近及远。 Cheat's never proper. 欺骗决非正当事。 Cheek brings success. 和气生财。 Cheerful company shortens the miles. 旅有好旅伴,不觉行程远。 Cheerfulness and goodwill make labour light. 欢快与好意,劳动不觉累。

常用英语谚语 几十句

1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 海内存知己,天涯若比邻。 2. A common danger causes common action. 同舟共济。 . A contented mind is a continual / perpetual feast. 知足常乐。 4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. 吃一堑,长一智。 5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host. 客随主便。 6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure. 家书抵万金。 7. All rivers run into the sea. 殊途同归。 8. All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失,时不再来。 9. An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一日一个苹果,身体健康不求医。 10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce. 英雄所见略同。 11. A young idler, an old beggar. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。 12. Behind the mountains there are people to be found. 天外有天,山外有山。 13. Bad luck often brings good luck. 塞翁失马,安知非福。 14. Bread is the stall of life. 面包是生命的支柱。(民以食为天。) 15. Business is business. 公事公办。 16. Clumsy birds have to start flying early. 笨鸟先飞。 17. Courtesy costs nothing. 礼多人不怪。 18. Custom makes all things easy. 习惯成自然。 19. Desire has no rest. 人的欲望无止境。 20. Difficult the first time, easy the second. 一回生,二回熟。 21. Do not change horses in mid-stream. 别在河流中间换马。 22. Do not have too many irons in the fire. 贪多嚼不烂。 23. Do not pull all your eggs in one basket. 别把所有的蛋都放在一个篮子里。 (不要孤注一掷。) 24. Do not teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧。 25. East or west, home is the best. 东奔西跑,还是家里好。 26. Experience is the best teacher. 实践出真知。 27. Fact is stranger than fiction. 事实比虚构更离奇。(大千世界,无奇不有。) 28. Faith can move mountains. 信念能移山。(精诚所至,金石为开。)

中英文对照俚语、谚语大全大全

---------------------------------------------------------------最新资料推荐------------------------------------------------------ 中英文对照俚语、谚语大全大全 Truth may be blamed, but shall never be shamed. 真理可能会被责难,但绝不会受羞辱。 Though malice may darken truth, it cannot put it out. 恶意可以糟塌真理;但无法消灭真理。 Truth will prevail. 真理必胜。 Truth’s best ornament is nakedness. 不加掩饰乃是真理的最好装饰。 Facts are stubborn things. 事实是最顽强的东西。 Sooner or later, the truth comes to light. 真相迟早会大白。 The truths we least like to hear are those which it is most to our advantage to know. 我们最不愿意听到的事实,往往是我们知道了会大有好处的事实。 Falsehood like a nettle stings those who meddle with it. 谎言似荨麻,玩弄会刺手。 There is many a fair thing full false. 有许多说得好听的东西充满了谬误。 Though a lie be well drest,it is ever overcome. 谎言装扮虽不错,到头总会被揭露。 A lie begets a lie till they come to generations. 谎言 1 / 8

初中英语谚语

初中英语谚语 1.Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者,事竟成。 2.Well begun is half done. 好的开端是成功的一半。 3.East, west, home is best. 金窝、银窝,不如自己的草窝。 4.There is no royal road to learning. 学无坦途。 5.Look before you leap. First think, then act. 三思而后行。 6.It is never too late to mend. 亡羊补牢,犹为未晚。 7.Light come, light go. 来得容易,去得快。 8.Time is money. 时间就是金钱。 9.A friend in need is a friend indeed. 患难见真交。 10.Great hopes make great man. 远大的希望,造就伟大的人物。 11.After a storm comes a calm. 雨过天晴。 12.All roads lead to Rome. 条条大路通罗马。 13.Art is long, but life is short. 人生有限,学问无涯。 14.Stick to it, and you'll succeed. 只要人有恒,万事都能成。 15.Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise. 早睡早起, 富裕、聪明、身体好。 16.A good medicine tastes bitter. 良药苦口。 17.It is good to learn at another man's cost. 前车之鉴。 18. Keeping is harder than winning. 创业不易,守业更难。 19.Let's cross the bridge when we come to it. 船到桥头自然直。 20.More haste, less speed. 欲速则不达。 21.No pains, no gains. 不劳则无获。 22.Nothing is difficult to the man who will try. 世上无难事,只要肯登攀。 23.Where there is life, there is hope. 生命不息,希望常在。 24.An idle youth, a needy age. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。 25.We must not lie down, and cry, "God help us." 求神不如求己。 26.A plant may produce new flowers; man is young but once. 花有重开日,人无再少年。 27.God helps those who help themselves. 自助者,天助之。 28.What may be done at any time will be done at no time. 明日待明日,明日不再来。 29.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 只工作,不玩耍,聪明孩子也变傻。 30.Diligence is the mother of success. 勤奋是成功之母。 31.Truth is the daughter of time. 时间见真理。 32.Take care of the pence, and the pounds will take care of themselves.积少自然成多。 33.No man is wise at all times. 智者千虑,必有一失。 34.Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. 今天能做的事绝不要拖到明天。 35.Live and learn. 活到老,学到老。 36.Kill two birds with one stone. 一石双鸟。

有关帮助的英语谚语俚语.doc

有关帮助的英语谚语俚语 帮助别人的人,能得到别人的帮助。大家学习过哪些呢?下面是我为大家收集的,欢迎大家一起来阅读! 1、千里送鹅毛,物轻礼重。 Goose feathers are given from thousands of miles. 2、我帮别人的人,能得别人的帮助。 If I help others, I can get help from others. 3、施比受更有福。 It is better to give than to receive. 4、我越多地帮助他人成功,我就越成功。 The more I help others succeed, the more I succeed. 5、不怕巨浪高,只怕桨不齐。 Not afraid of high waves, but afraid of uneven paddles. 6、熬不过艰辛,就难得安乐;离开了和睦,就别想幸福。 If you cant endure hardships, you can hardly be happy; if you leave harmony, you cant think of happiness. 7、众人一条心,黄土变成金。 With one heart, loess becomes gold. 8、金银财宝不算真富,团结友爱才是幸福。

Gold and silver are not really rich. Unity and friendship are happiness. 9、帮人帮到底,送佛送到西。 Help others to the end and send Buddha to the west. 10、鱼不能离水,雁不能离群。 Fish cant leave the water, geese cant leave the herd. 11、朋友间保持一定的距离,而使友谊永存。 Keep a certain distance between friends, so that friendship will last forever. 12、谁要求没有缺点的朋友,谁就没有朋友! Who asks for friends without shortcomings, who has no friends! 13、得到他人的关爱是一种幸福,关爱他人更是一种幸福。 It is a kind of happiness to be loved by others, and it is also a kind of happiness to care for others. 14、财富不是真正的朋友,而朋友却是真正的财富。 Wealth is not a true friend, but a friend is a real wealth. 15、众人拾柴火焰高。 People gather firewood with high flame. 16、柴多火焰高,人多办法好。 More wood, more fire, more people, better ways. 17、我们靠所得来谋生,但靠给予来创造生活。 We make a living by what we earn, but we make a life by giving.

英语谚语和俚语

英语谚语和俚语-CAL-FENGHAI.-(YICAI)-Company One1

谚语和俚语 爱屋及乌 Love me,love my dog. 百闻不如一见 Seeing is believing. 笨鸟先飞 A slow sparrow should make an early start. 不眠之夜 white night 功夫不负有心人 Everything comes to him who waits. 和气生财 Harmony brings wealth. 活到老学到老 One is never too old to learn. 既往不咎 let bygones be bygones 金无足赤人无完人 Gold can't be pure and man can't be perfect. 金玉满堂 Treasures fill the home. 脚踏实地 be down-to-earth 脚踩两只船 sit on the fence 君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal 留得青山在不怕没柴烧 Where there is life, there is hope. 马到成功 achieve immediate victory 名利双收 gain in both fame and wealth 茅塞顿开 be suddenly enlightened 没有规矩不成方圆 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards. 人之初性本善 Man's nature at birth is good. 人逢喜事精神爽 Joy puts heart into a man. Love is ever the beginning of knowledge as fire is of light. 知识总是从爱好开始,犹如光总是从火开始一样。-Thomas Life is not fair, get used to it.生活是不公平的;要去适应它。 The sting of a reproach, is the truth of it. 指责带给你刺痛,正是它的忠实之处。Don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.不要小题大做。 Blood will have blood.血债血偿。 books and friends should be few but good.读书如交友,应求少而精。

初中英语常见谚语汇总

初中英语常见谚语汇总 1 Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成 2 Never do things by halves. 凡事不要半途而费 3 When I think of you, my heart is full of happiness. I’m so happy (lucky) to be your daughter (son). 我想起你,我心中就充满幸福,作为你的女儿(儿子),我是多么高兴啊。 4 Time and tide wait for no man. 岁月不饶人 5 Confidence in yourself is the first step on the road to success. 信心是成功的第一步 6 Where there is a will, there is a way. 有志者事竟成 7 Never do things by halves. 凡事不要半途而费 8 It is better to give than to receive. 给予比索取更伟大 9 If everyone gives a love to each other, the world will become much more beautiful.如果人人都献出一点爱世界将会更美好 10 Time is money. But I think time is more important than money. 时间就是金钱但是我认为时间比钱更重要 11 She is always thinking of others but never thinks of herself. 她总是处处为别人着想而不想自己 12 How time flies! 时间过得真快呀 13 They both think that to work hard is the key to success. 他们认为工作是打开成功之门的钥匙 14 On the road of life, you can cry and you can laugh, but don’t forget to move on.人生道路上你可以哭可以笑,但不要忘了前进 15 Our life is full of color. We should live h appily. Let’s enjoy our life together. 我们的生活是绚丽多彩的,我们要快乐地生活。让我们一起享受生活吧。 16 If I study harder than before from now on, I’m sure that I can win. 如果我努力学习,我确定我一定会胜利。 17 I must study hard and learn a lot of knowledge to come true my dream. 我必须努力学习知识以至于我的梦想得以实现。 18 I think I can get on well with them and I’m not only their teacher but also their friend.

英文中经典谚语大集合

英文经典谚语(俗语)30例详解 老外平时除使用许多俚语(slang)外,也常夹些格言(adage)、俗语(proverb)、引语(quotation)、警句(saying)或是众所周知的道理(truism)。这些玩儿,也与中文里不少的格言或俗语等意义相近。使用起来,颇有「异曲同工」之妙。 1.Like attracts(或draws)like. 意思是:相同的人吸引相同的人。(like 指similar people)这与另一句谬语「Birds of a feather flock together.」(相同羽毛的鸟在一起)意义相似。(a=same)也就是咱们常说的「物以类聚」或「同声相应,同气相求」。 2.(Too much) familiarity breeds contempt. 意思是说:相处过於亲密,就会产生侮慢之心(不尊重)(即low opinion)(breed = create)这句话又与另一句俗语「Too thick does not stick.」(太稠或太浓反而黏不住)意思相近。也就是说:「closeness brings disagreement.」(亲不敬,熟生蔑); 就是劝人:「君子之交淡如水」或「保持距离,以策安全」。 3.Once bitten(或bit),twice shy. 就是说:一次被咬,下次胆小。或是一次上当,下次小心。(shy = avoid)动词时态:bite, bit, bitten(或bit)这又与另一句俗语「A burnt child fears(或dreads)the fire.」(被灼伤的小孩怕火)相似。说白些,就是:When you have bad experience, you don't want to have the same experience again. 这不就是「一朝被蛇咬,见绳也心惊」或「一日被蛇咬,十年怕草绳」吗? 4.A stitch in time save nine. 意思是:「一针及时省九针」。也是「一针不补,十针难缝」或「小洞不补,大洞叫苦」的味道。这句警语与「An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.」(一分的预防,胜於十分的治疗)意义相近。此外,还有:「Don't wait for a rainy day to fix the roof.(不要等到下雨时才去修补屋顶); 或「Always prepare for a rainy day.」或「Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.」(做最坏的打算和最好的希望)这些警语,说的都是「未雨绸缪」。 5.Old habits die hard. 意思是说:改掉老习惯很不容易。「It is difficult to break an old habit.」这与另一句谚语:「You can not teach an old dog new tricks.」(你不能教老狗新把戏)。这就是所谓「江山易改,本性难移」。 6.Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 意思是:一个人不在时,使人内心更想念。 「When a person is absent, we may think of him/her more often.」与「久别情深」、「眼不见,心更念」、「人去情渐深」,或是「一日不见如隔三秋」的意味相近。 7.A penny saved is a penny earned. 据说这是Ben Franklin 的引语。照字面意义是:能存一分钱,就是赚了一分钱。後来有人改口说:Take care of your pennies(=pence)and the pounds (=dollars)will take care of themselves. 说白些,就是:If you save small amount of money, you will eventually have a large sum of money. 就是中国人所谓「积少成多,集腋成裘」。(这句话也可指小事谨慎,大事自成。) 8.When in Rome, do as the Romans do.意思是说:当在罗马时,就照罗马人的(生活)方式去

常用英语口语俚语俗语修订稿

常用英语口语俚语俗语集团文件发布号:(9816-UATWW-MWUB-WUNN-INNUL-DQQTY-

常用英语口语—俚语、俗语 (一) 1.It’s a hit。 这件事很受人欢迎。 2.You hit the nail on the head。 你真是一言中的。 3.It’s all greak to me。 我全不懂。 4.He’s always on the go。 他永远是前进的。 5.That’s a good gimmick。 那是一个好办法。 6.He is a fast talker。 他老是说得天花乱坠。 7.What’s the gag 这里面有什么奥妙 8.Drop dead。 走开点。 9.What’s eating you 你有什么烦恼 10.He double-crossed me。

他出卖了我。 11.It’s my cup of tea。 这很合我胃口。 12.Oh,my aching back! 啊呀,天啊,真糟! 13.I’m beat。 我累死了。 14.I’ll back you up all the way。 我完全支持你。 15.It’s a lot of chicken feed。 这是小意思,不算什么。 16.Cut it out.= Go on. =Knock it off。不要这个样子啦~ 17.Do to hell。 滚蛋! 18.Stop pulling my leg。 不要开我玩笑了。 19.Don’t jump on me。 不要跟我发火。 20.No dice。 不行。 21.He always goofs off。

常见英语谚语荟萃

常见英语谚语荟萃引用名人名言及谚语时,可使用如下句型: As an old saying goes, "Honesty is the best policy.俗" 话说得好: 诚“实为上策”。 Just as the saying goes: “Nog arden is without weeds” ,c omputer games have also some disadvantages. 正像常言所说: “没有无杂草的花园”,计算机也有一些不足之处。 As the proverb goes: “ Every coin has its two sides ” , television has both advantages and disadvantages.正像谚语所说:“任何硬币都有两面”,电视既有优点也有缺点 常见谚语、格言 劝诫篇: Practice makes perfect. 熟能生巧。 All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. 只工作不玩耍,聪明孩子也变傻。 More haste, less speed.欲速则不达。 It ' s nevoero told to learn. / Live and learn. 活到老,学到老。 Easier said than done. 说起来容易做起来难。 Saying and doing are two different things说. 和做是迥然不同的两回事。 Saying is one thing, and doing another说. 是一回事,做是另一回事。 Action speaks louder than words. 行动胜过语言。 Better early than late.宁早勿迟/ 早做比迟做好。 Better late than never. 迟到总比不到强;迟做总比不做好。 A man can ' t be robbed of his learni学ng问. 是偷不走的。 Ask much, know much.问得多,懂得多。 He who questions nothing learns nothing不. 提问,没学问。(不提问题者学不到任何东西。)A man becomes learned by asking question不s. 耻下问才能有学问Discontent is the first step in progress不. 满足是进步的开端。 Seldom seen, soon forgotten少. 见易忘 A little learning is a dangerous thing.一知半解是危险的。 By reading we enrich the mind. 博览群书长见识。 All things are difficult before they are easy.凡事总是由难而易 Think twice before we leap.三思而后行。 Pride goes/comes before a fall.骄傲使人失败。 If you run after two hares, you will catch neither. 同时追二免,必将无所获/脚踏两条船,必定落空Business comes before pleasure事. 业在先,享受在后Don' t count your chickens before they are hatched. 鸡蛋未孵出,不要先数鸡。(不要过早乐观)You can's judge a book by it's cover. 人不可貌相Grasp all, lose all. / Better master one than engage with te样n.样都要,全都失掉。 A contented mind is a perpetual feast知. 足长乐。 Words are but wind, but seeing is believing / to see is to believe. 耳听为虚,眼见为实 A man can do no more than he can量. 力而行。 Do not teach fish to swim.

英语常用谚语、俚语

Time flies. 时光易逝。 No one can call back yesterday;Yesterday will not be called again. 昨日不复来。An apple a day keeps the doctor away. 一日一个苹果,身体健康不求医。 One is never too late/old to learn. 活到老,学到老。 Time is money. 一寸光阴一寸金。 Time and tide wait for no man. 岁月无情;岁月易逝;岁月不待人。 Time tries all. 时间检验一切。 Time tries truth. 时间检验真理。 Time past cannot be called back again. 光阴一去不复返。 All time is no time when it is past. 光阴一去不复返。 Tomorrow comes never. 切莫依赖明天。 One today is worth two tomorrows. 一个今天胜似两个明天。 1. A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 海内存知己,天涯若比邻。 2. A common danger causes common action. 同舟共济。 3. A contented mind is a continual / perpetual feast. 知足常乐。 4. A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit. 吃一堑,长一智。 5. A guest should suit the convenience of the host. 客随主便。 6. A letter from home is a priceless treasure. 家书抵万金。 7. All rivers run into the sea. 殊途同归。 8. All time is no time when it is past. 机不可失,时不再来。 10. As heroes think, so thought Bruce. 英雄所见略同。 11. A young idler, an old beggar. 少壮不努力,老大徒伤悲。 12. Behind the mountains there are people to be found. 天外有天,山外有山。 13. Bad luck often brings good luck. 塞翁失马,安知非福。 14. Bread is the stall of life. 面包是生命的支柱。(民以食为天。) 15. Business is business. 公事公办。 16. Clumsy birds have to start flying early. 笨鸟先飞。 17. Courtesy costs nothing. 礼多人不怪。 18. Custom makes all things easy. 习惯成自然。 19. Desire has no rest. 人的欲望无止境。 20. Difficult the first time, easy the second. 一回生,二回熟。 21. Do not change horses in mid-stream. 别在河流中间换马。 22. Do not have too many irons in the fire. 贪多嚼不烂。 23. Do not pull all your eggs in one basket. 别把所有的蛋都放在一个篮子里。(不要孤注一掷。) 24. Do not teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧。 25. East or west, home is the best. 东奔西跑,还是家里好。 26. Experience is the best teacher. 实践出真知。 27. Fact is stranger than fiction. 事实比虚构更离奇。(大千世界,无奇不有。) 28. Faith can move mountains. 信念能移山。(精诚所至,金石为开。) 29. First impressions are half the battle. 先入为主。 30. Give as good as one gets. 一报还一报。(以德报德,以怨还怨。)

相关文档
最新文档