2019高中英语 Unit3 Learning about Language课堂10分钟达标 新人教版必修4
Unit 3 A taste of English humour Period 3 Learning about Language
1. _______ (clean)women in big cities usually get paid by the hour.
2. It was _______ (astonish)to everyone that the court has made such a decision.
3. We often heard Mary _______ (sing)in the next room.
4. The red car _______ (repair)in the garage was made in Japan twenty years ago.
5. In China, it is impolite to sit with your feet _______ (point)at another person.
6. It is _______ (entertain)to take part in the sports meeting.
7. I can’t imagine Meg _______ (ride)a motorbike.
8. We try our best to get the car _______ (run)again.
9. He gave me a _______ (welcome)hug when he met me at the airport.
10. Our greatest happiness is _______ (serve)the people.
答案: 1. Cleaning 2. astonishing 3. singing 4. being repaired
9. welcoming 10. serving
1. What I hate most is __________________.
2. The report was__________________they were all______.
3. Walking along the river, we__________________for help. 沿着河散步时, 我们听到有人呼救。
4. The room is empty except for a bookshelf________________________.
5. They use computer to________________________smoothly.
6. Who is the man____________the teacher?
答案: 1. being laughed at
2. so exciting that；excited
3. heard someone shouting
4. standing in the corner
5. keep the traffic running
6. talking to
1. Dr. Jane Goodall was one of the most outstand scientists in the world.
2. His refusal to come to our party was the most disappointed.
3. When having English class, I heard two students whispered to each other.
4. The building faced south is our biology laboratory.
5. Mother caught the boy smoked in the corner.
6. The man worn a sad look said, “I’ve lost my wallet. ”
Julie enjoyed reading when young. She grew up in 1. _________key middle school in her city, 2. _________her parents both taught Chinese. That meant she was surrounded by either teachers who were busy teaching or students who 3. _________ (devote)to their studies. So she developed her love of 4. _________(read).
Her interest 5. _________reading also benefited from the fact that 6. _________ (she)parents only let her watch half an hour of TV a day. She learned to use her mind and imagination to entertain herself. It’s not really 7. _________(surprise)that reading became her vocation. When not reading she enjoyed 8. _________ (watch)films, walking and relaxing with her friends. Reading brought her much
9. _________ (please)and she never wanted to stop learning. Not only did reading enrich her knowledge 10. _________it improved her learning scores.
2.【解析】where。本句是一个定语从句, 先行词是a key middle school, 后面的定语从句her parents both taught Chinese句子结构完整, 所以使用关系副词引导, 先行词a key middle school表示地点, 故用where引导定语从句。
3.【解析】were devoted。固定搭配。be devoted to. . . “致力于……”。本句还是一个定语从句, 因为先行词是students, 所以使用复数形式were。
4.【解析】reading。根据本段第一句Julie enjoyed reading可知从小她就喜欢上了阅读。故使用reading 作为of的宾语。
5.【解析】in。固定搭配。名词interest通常与介词in连用, 形容词interested也是和in连用, 形成be interested in. . . “对……感兴趣”的固定搭配。
8.【解析】watching。enjoy doing sth. 喜欢做某事。
10.【解析】but。固定搭配。not only. . . but also. . . “不但……而且……”; 句意: 阅读不仅丰富了她的知识还提高了她的学习成绩。