Twilight__《暮光之城》剧本_中英文对照+词汇解析_学习笔记

看电影学英语 Twilight 《暮光之城》

在线听 插曲:Full Moon、Decode、Spotlight、Supermassive Black Hole、Eyes On Fire、Flightless Bird、

I Cought Myself、All The Way、Leave Out All The Rest



-Bella: “I'd never given much thought to how I would die.”
give thought to: 考虑,想一想
我从未想过,我会如何死去。
“But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go.”
in place of: 代替,取代;交换
但是代替所爱之人死去也是种不错的归宿。
“So I can't bring myself to regret the decision to leave home.”
regret: 后悔 decision: 决定
所以我不后悔离家的决定。
“I would miss Phoenix.”
miss: 想念 Phoenix: 凤凰城(美国亚利桑纳州首府) phoenix: 凤凰
我会想念凤凰城。
“I'd miss the heat.”
heat: 炎热的天气
想念这里炎热的天气。
“I would miss my loving, erratic, harebrained mother.”
erratic: 不稳定的;飘忽不定的 harebrained: 轻率的,欠考虑的,粗心的
想念我亲爱的飘忽不定,粗心大意的妈妈。
-Renee: Okay.
好的。
-Phil: Renee, come on.
Renee,来呀。
-Bella: And her new husband.
husband: 丈夫
还有她的新丈夫。
-Phil: Guys, come on. I love you both. We got a plane to catch.
catch: 及时赶到,赶上
伙计们,快点。我爱你们。可快点,还要赶飞机呢。
-Bella: But they want to go on the road, so I'm gonna spend some time with my dad,
go on the road: 巡回各地(如旅行、演出、行商等) gonna: <俚>( =going to)将要 spend: 度过
但他们即将远行,所以我要搬去和爸爸住,
and this will be a good thing. I think.
这应该是件好事。至少我这么认为。
"When the thorn bush turns white
thorn: 荆棘 bush: 灌木,灌木丛
“当那荆棘丛渐渐枯萎
That's when I'll come home
就是我回家的时刻
I am going out to see what I can sow
sow: 播种
我要环游世界施展才华
And I don't know what I'll go
我不知道去哪里
And I don't know what I'll see"
虽不知前途为何”
-Bella: In the state of Washington, under a near constant cover of clouds and rain,
state: 州 Washington: 华盛顿 constant: 经常的,不变的
在华盛顿州,有一地方,常年阴云密布,细雨绵绵,
there's a small town named Forks. Population, 3,120 people. This is where I'm moving.
population: 人口
那就是福克斯小镇。人口3120。这就是我即将搬去住的地方。
My dad's Charlie. He's the chief of police.
chief: 长官
我爸Charlie。是这的警长。
"Curse the powers that be
curse: 诅咒,咒骂 power: 有权力的人
“诅咒那些统治者
'Cause all I want is... "
'cause: [口语](=because)因为
因为我所要的只是……”
-Charlie: Your hair's longer.
你头发长了。
-Bella: I cut it since the last time I saw you.
上次见你之后我剪过。
-Charlie: Guess

it grew out again.
guess: 猜测
大概又长了吧。
-Bella: I used to spend two weeks here almost every summer, but it's been years.
以往每年夏天,我都会在这住两星期。但那是很久以前的事了。
-Charlie: I've cleared some shelves off in the bathroom.
clear off: 除去,清除;把…腾空 bathroom: 浴室
浴室里的架子,我已清理干净了。
-Bella: Right. One bathroom.
好的。还有浴室。
-Charlie: It's a pretty good work lamp. The sales lady picked out the bed stuff.
pretty: 相当;很 lamp: 灯 sales: 销售的 pick out: 挑选 stuff: 材料;东西,物品
这台灯很实用。售货员帮我挑的床上用品。
You like purple, right?
purple: 紫色
你喜欢紫色,对吧?
-Bella: Purple's cool. Thanks.
紫色不错。谢谢。
-Charlie: Okay.
好吧。
-Bella: One of the best things about Charlie, he doesn't hover.
hover: 踌躇,犹豫;摇摆不定
查利有一优点,他从不过问闲事。

[Car horn honks.]
horn: 喇叭 honk: 按(汽车喇叭)

-Charlie: Heard you guys coming all the way down the road.
大老远就听到你们来了。
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你。
Bella, you remember Billy Black.
Bella,还记得Billy Black吗?
-Bella: Yeah. Wow, you're looking good.
记得。哇你气色不错呦。
-Billy: Well, I'm still dancing.
呃,还神气十足呢。
I'm glad you're finally here.
很高兴你终于来了。
Charlie here hasn't shut up about it since you told him you were coming.
shut up: [口语](使)住口
Charlie知道你要来就一直说个不停。
-Charlie: All right, keep exaggerating.
exaggerate: 夸大,夸张 roll into:(使)滚进 mud: 泥,泥浆
好吧,继续夸大其辞吧。
I'll roll you into the mud.
小心我丢你喂泥巴。
-Billy: After I ram you in the ankles.
ram: 撞击;猛击 ankle: 踝,踝关节
我先撞坏你脚踝。
-Charlie: You want to go?
玩真的?
-Billy: Yeah.
嗯嗯。
-Charlie: Bring it.
来吧。
-Jacob: Hi, I'm Jacob.
嗨,我叫Jacob。
-Bella: Hey.
嗨。
-Jacob: We used to make mud pies when we were little.
mud pie: 泥团
我们小时候常一起玩泥饽饽。
-Bella: Right. No, I remember.
没错。是的,我记得。
Are they always like this?
他们总这样吗?
-Jacob: It's getting worse with old age.
worse: 更猛烈地,更厉害地
越老越爱闹啊。
-Bella: Good.
很好。
-Charlie: So, what do you think?
呃,你觉得这个怎样?
-Bella: Of what?
什么怎样?
-Charlie: Your homecoming present.
homecoming: 回家的 present: 礼物
你的回家礼物。
-Bella: This?
这个?
-Charlie: Just bought it off Billy here.
刚从比尔那买的。
-Billy: Yep.
yep: [俚语]是
没错。
-Jacob: I totally rebuilt the engine for you.
totally: 完全 rebuild: 重新组装;重新装配 engine: 发动机,引擎
我帮你安了新发动机。
-Bella: Come on.
不会吧。
Oh, m

y gosh!
gosh: [美国英语]天哪,哎呀[表示惊讶等的感叹词;God的委婉词]
噢,天哪!
This is perfect.
太棒了。
Are you joking me?
joke: 和…开玩笑
不是开玩笑吧?
Sorry.
抱歉。
-Billy: I told you she'd love it. I'm down with the kids.
down with: 把……拿下
早说过,她肯定会喜欢的。我可很会哄小孩啊。
-Charlie: Oh, yeah, dude. You're the bomb.
dude: [用作称呼语]朋友,老兄 bomb: [美俚]在某一方面做得很好
没错,伙计,你最在行了。
-Jacob: Okay. Listen, you gotta double-pump the clutch when you shift,
gotta: <美俚> (=have got to)必须 double: (形式、大小、数量、程度等)双的 pump: 上下抽动;连续发射 clutch: 离合器 shift: (汽车)换挡
好的。听着,换档的时候,踩两下离合器。
but besides that, you should be good.
besides: 除...之外
除此之外,应该没问题了。
-Bella: That's this one?
这个吗?
-Jacob: Yeah. Yeah, right there.
嗯嗯,就是那儿。
-Bella: All right. Do you want a ride to school or something?
好的。想搭这车一起去学校吗?
-Jacob: I go to school on the reservation.
reservation: 保留地
我的学校在保留区(专供印第安人居住)。
-Bella: Right, right.
好吧好吧。
-Jacob: Yeah.
嗯。
-Bella: That's too bad. It would've been nice to know one person.
太糟了。在新学校要有认识的人该多好。
-Bella: My first day at a new school, It's March, middle of the semester. Great.
semester: 学期
我上新学校的第一天,那是三月,正好是学期的当中。好极了。
-Tyler: Nice ride.
车不错呦。
-Bella: Thanks.
谢了。
-Girl: Good one.
车真不错啊。
-Eric: You're Isabella Swan, the new girl.
你是Isabella Swan,新来的女生。
Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place.
嗨,我是Eric,本校的万事通。
Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?
tour guide: 导游 date: 约会 shoulder to cry on: 可以诉苦以求安慰的对象
你需要什么呢?向导,午餐伴儿,诉苦对象?
-Bella: I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type.
suffer: 受痛苦 in silence: 默默地
我比较喜欢自己默默承受痛苦。
-Eric: Good headline for your feature.
headline: (新闻报道等的)题目 feature: [美国英语](报纸、杂志等上面的)特写文章给你做特写的好标题呦。
I'm on the paper, and you're news, baby, front page.
front page: (报纸的)头版
我是新闻社的,你是新焦点,要给你做头版呦。
-Bella: No, I'm not. You... Please don't have any sort of...
不,不要。你……请不要……
-Eric: Chillax. No feature.
chillax:【放松】[A mixture between the terms "chill out" and "relax".—From Urban Dictionary]
放轻松。不做特写。
-Bella: Okay, thanks.
嗯,谢谢。
-Eric: Cool?
好吧?
-Girl A: All right. Okay. Yeah.
快快

快,好的。耶。
-Girl B: Get it! Get it! Get it!
接住!接住!
-Girl C: To you!
传给你!
-Mike: Whoa!
啊!
-Bella: I'm sorry. I told them not to let me play.
对不起。我说过我不会,她们偏让我玩。
-Mike: No way. No, no, no. That's... That's... Don't... You're Isabella, right?
no way: [口语]不;绝不
不不不,没关系。你是Isabella,对吧?
-Bella: Just Bella.
叫我Bella好了。
-Mike: Yeah. Hey, I'm Mike Newton.
好。嗨,我是Mike Newton。
-Bella: Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
-Mike: Yeah, yeah.
嗯嗯。
-Jessica: She's got a great spike, huh?
spike: [排球]扣球
她这扣球打得不错吧?
-Mike: Yeah, it's...
呃……
-Jessica: I'm Jessica, by the way. Hey, you're from Arizona, right?
Arizona: 亚利桑那州(美国西南部的州)
顺便说一句,Jessica。嗨,你从亚利桑那州来,对吧?
-Bella: Yeah.
是的。
-Jessica: Aren't people from Arizona supposed to be, like, really tan?
be supposed to: 应该(据说) tan:(日晒后皮肤的)黝黑色,棕黄色,淡褐色
那儿的人,皮肤不都黑黑的吗?
-Bella: Yeah. Maybe that's why they kicked me out.
kick out: 把…踢出去;驱逐,撵走
没错。也许就因为这,他们才把我赶出来。
-Mike: You're good.
你可真会开玩笑。
-Jessica: That's so funny.
好好笑。
-Girl: Back in, Jess.
Jess,快回来。
-Boy: Down here.
来喽。
-Eric: Like a masterpiece, you know, we'll have, like, this crazy pyramid fall from the sky, and then you guys can...
masterpiece: 杰作 pyramid: 金字塔 sky: 天国,天堂,上苍
就像伟大的杰作,知道嘛,就像上帝赐予的金字塔,然后你们……
-Mike: It's my pleasure, Madame.
Madame: 女士
请坐,小姐。
-Eric: You guys can give each other…high fives.
high five:举手击掌
你们大伙就可以……击掌庆祝。
-Mike: Burrito, my friend?
burrito: 玉米馅饼
玉米馅饼要吗,朋友?
-Eric: Hey, Mikey! You met my home girl, Bella?
嗨,Mikey! 见过我女友了?
-Mike: Your home girl?
你女友?
-Eric: Yeah.
真的。
-Mike: Yeah? That's...
真的?怎么……
-Tyler: My girl. Sorry I had to mess up your game, Mike!
mess up: [口语]破坏;弄糟
我女友。抱歉坏了你的好事,Mike!
-Eric: Tyler.
Tyler。
-Tyler: Yes!
亲到喽!
-Jessica: Oh, my God. It's like first grade all over again. You're the shiny new toy.
all over again: 再一次,重新 shiny new toy: 【被关注的转校生】[The new kid at school who gets all the attention because the kids all want to know what they're like and whether or not they'll be friends with him/her.—From Urban Dictionary]
噢,天哪。好像又回到了一年级。你是大家的新宠。
-Angela: Smile.
笑一个。
-Bella: Okay. Sorry.
好了。抱歉。
-Angela: I needed a candidfor the feature.
candid: (摄影时)乘人不备时快拍的,姿势

自然的
我得为特写拍照。
-Eric: The feature's dead, Angela. Don't bring it up again.
bring up: 提起
特写不做了,Angela。别再提这事了
-Bella: It's okay, I just...
没事的,我只是……
-Eric: I got your back, baby.
got your back: 支持你
我永远挺你,宝贝。
-Angela: Guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking.
editorial:(报刊的)社论 teen: (=teenager)13岁到19岁的年轻人 drinking: 酗酒的
看来我们要把社论转向青少年酗酒。
-Bella: You know, you can always go for eating disorders. Speedo padding on the swim team.
eating disorder: 进食障碍(如食欲亢进和厌食) disorder: 混乱 Speedo: 速率计,速度计 padding: 垫充,垫塞
知道嘛,你可以写……暴饮暴食,游泳队的速比装备。
-Angela: Actually, that's a good one.
actually: 实际上
说实话,这话题不错。
-Jessica: Kirk. Right? That's exactly what I thought.
exactly: 恰好地,正好地
Kirk那家伙,对吧?正是我所想。
-Angela: Yeah. We're talking Olympic-size.
没错。我们就讨论奥运会的尺码吧。
-Jessica: There's no way. He's so skinny. It doesn't make sense.
no way: 不可能 skinny: 皮包骨的 make sense: 说得通;有意义;合乎情理
不可能。他太瘦了。根本没戏。
-Angela: Totally.
没错。
-Jessica: Yeah.
就是。
-Bella: Who are they?
他们是谁?
-Angela: The Cullens.
Cullen一家。
-Jessica: They're Dr. and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They moved down here from Alaska, like, a few years ago.
foster: 收养的 down here: 这边来 Alaska: 阿拉斯加(美国州名)
他们是Cullen医生夫妇的养子们。几年前,他们从阿拉斯加州搬来。
-Angela: They kind of keep to themselves.
keep to oneself: 不与人来往,不交际
他们一向独来独往。
-Jessica: Yeah, 'cause they're all together. Like, together, together.
嗯,因为他们总是在一起。成双成对。
The blonde girl, that's Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett, they're, like, a thing.
blonde: 金黄色或淡色的(指人头发)
那位金发女孩,她叫Rosalie,那个大个子黑发男孩,Emmett,他俩就是一对。
I'm not even sure that's legal.
legal: 合法的
我都不知道这样是否合法。
-Angela: Jess, they're not actually related.
related: 有亲属关系的
Jess,他们又没血缘关系。
-Jessica: Yeah, but they live together. It's weird. And, okay, the little dark-haired girl's Alice.
weird: 怪异的
没错,但他们同住一个屋檐下。感觉怪怪的。那位身材小小的黑发女孩是Alice。
She's really weird, and she's with Jasper, the blond one who looks like he's in pain.
blond: 金发的 pain: 痛苦
她真的很诡异,她和Jasper一对,金发的那位,他看起来好像很痛苦。
Dr. Cullen's like this foster dadlmatchmaker.
matchmaker: 媒人
Cullen医生就像是“收养爸爸兼媒人”。
-Ang

ela: Maybe he'll adopt me.
adopt: 收养
没准他会收养我呢。
-Bella: Who's he?
他呢?
-Jessica: That's Edward Cullen. He's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently nobody here's good enough for him.
gorgeous: 灿烂的;绚丽的;极好的 obviously: 显然地 apparently: 显然
他是Edward Cullen。他超帅,毫无疑问,但很明显,这没人配得上他。
Like I care, you know?So, yeah.Seriously, like, don't waste your time.
care: 在乎 seriously: 认真地,严肃地 waste: 浪费
我才不在乎呢,你明白吧?所以呢,说真的,别在他身上浪费时间。
-Bella: I wasn't planning on it.
plan on: [口语]打算;想要
我对他没兴趣。
-Mike: Mr. Molina.
Molina先生。
-Molina: Hey, Mike. Oh, yes. Miss Swan.
嗨,Mike。噢,好的。Swan小姐。
Hi. Can I have the pass? Thank you.
嗨,能让我看下上课证吗?谢谢。
Welcome to the class. Here. Here's your stuff, okay?
stuff: 材料
欢迎来上课。给,这是课本。
And I got a seat for you right here, so come over.
我帮你安排个座位,过去吧。
The last one. Just follow along till you catch up.
follow: 跟随,遵循 along: 沿着 catch up: 赶上
仅有的空位,慢慢来,课程很快会赶上的。
All right, guys, today we are gonna be observing the behavior of planaria, aka flatworms.
observe: 观察 behavior: 行为,举止 planaria: [动]涡虫,真涡虫 aka: [also known as的缩写]又叫做,亦称为 flatworm: 扁形虫
好的,同学们,今天我们要观察涡虫的行为模式,也就是,扁形虫。
So what we're gonna do...regenerate. Zombie worms.
regenerate: 再生 zombie: 还魂尸(靠巫术起死回生的僵尸) worm: 虫,小虫,蠕虫
我们要做的就是……使之再生。僵尸虫子。
No cell phones. Guys, let's get to it.
cell phone: 手机
请关闭手机,同学们,开始做吧。
Gentle, gentle, certain areas.
gentle: (动作、气候等)和缓的,轻柔的
轻点,轻点,某些部分。
Please just don't cut here. We don't cut here.
别切这儿。别切那儿。
You won't believe this.
你所看到的会很神奇。
Let's try to focus while we check those out, huh, guys?
focus: 集中 check out: 检查
做的时候要专心,好吧,同学们?
-Edward: There must be something open. Physics? Biochem?
physics: 物理学 biochem: (=biochemistry)生物化学
应该还有别的课可选吧。物理课?生物化学?
-Woman: No, every class is full.
不,每门课都满了。
Just a minute, dear.
再等下。
I'm afraid you'll have to stay in biology.
biology: 生物学
恐怕你只能上生物课了。
-Edward: Fine. Just...
好吧。我……
I'll just have to endure it.
endure: 忍耐,忍受
我只好忍下去。
-Cora: I just can't get over how grown up you are. And so gorgeous.
get over: 克制(感情) grown up: 长成人
真不敢相信你长这么大了。还这么漂亮


-Waylon: Hey, Bella. You remember me? I played Santa one year.
Santa: [美](=Santa Claus)圣诞老人
嗨,Bella。还记得我吗?有一年我曾扮过圣诞老人。
-Charlie: Yeah, Waylon, she hasn't had a Christmas here since she was four.
喂,Waylon,她四岁以后就没在这儿过圣诞节了。
-Waylon: I bet I made an impression, though, didn't I?
I bet: 我敢说 make an impression: 给与印象
但我敢说,我肯定让人印象深刻,是吧?
-Charlie: You always do.
确实啊。
-Bella: Butt-crack Santa?
butt: 大桶 crack: 吹牛,自夸
爱吹牛的圣诞老人?
-Waylon: Hey, kids love those little bottles, though.
嘿,孩子们确实很喜欢那些小瓶子啊。
-Cora: All right, let the girl eat her garden burger, Waylon.
burger: 汉堡包
好吧,让她赶快吃汉堡吧,Waylon。
As soon as you're done, I will bring you your favorite.
favorite: 最喜欢的
等你吃完,我再拿来你最爱吃的。
Berry cobbler, remember?
berry: 浆果 cobbler: 水果馅饼
浆果派,还记得吗?
Your dad still has it. Every Thursday.
你爸还常常吃,每周四都吃。
-Bella: Thank you. That'd be great.
谢谢。太好了。
-Charlie: Here.
你先。
-Bella: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Renee:Hey, baby. So, listen, if spring training goes well, we could be moving to Florida.
training: 训练 go well: 进行顺利 Florida: 佛罗里达[美国州名]
嗨,宝贝。听着,若春训进展顺利的话,我们就会搬到佛罗里达州。
-Automated Voice: Please insert $1.25 for an additional three minutes.
insert: 插入 additional: 附加的,另外的
请再投币1.25美元,通话时间三分钟。
-Bella: Mom, where's your cell?
妈,你手机呢?
-Renee: Okay, don't laugh.
好吧,不许笑我。
I didn't lose my power cord. It ran away.
power cord: 电源线
不是我弄丢电源线的,是它自己跑走的。
Screaming. I literally repel technology now.
scream: 大笑 literally: [口语]差不多,简直 repel: 拒绝,排斥
随你笑吧。我现在可是抵制科技呦。
-Bella: I miss you.
我想你。
-Renee: Oh, baby, I miss you, too.
宝贝,我也想你。
But tell me more about your school.
说说你学校的事吧。
Now, what are the kids like?
那的小朋友怎样?
Are there any cute guys? Are they being nice to you?
cute: [美国口语]逗人喜爱的,非常好的,有魅力的
有没有帅气的男生?他们对你好吗?
-Bella: I Well, they're all very welcoming.
呃,他们都特欢迎我呦。
-Renee: Tell me all about it.
给我说说嘛。
-Bella: It doesn't even matter.
matter: 要紧
这不重要。
-Renee: Yes, it does, honey.
不,很重要的,宝贝。
-Bella: I have homework to do. I'll talk to you later.
我还要做作业。以后再谈吧。
-Renee: Okay. I love you.
好吧。爱你。
-Bella: Love you, too.
我也爱你。
-Bella: I planned to confront him and demand to know

what his problem was.
confront: 面对 demand: 要求知道;询问
我打算直接面对他,问问他到底有何不满。
But he never showed.
但他没再出现。
-Tyler: Bella!
Bella!
-Bella: “And the next day, another no-show.”
第二天,他也没出现。
“More days passed.”
好多天过去了。
“Things were getting a little strange.”
strange: 奇怪的
事情变得有点怪怪的。
-Charlie: You all right?
你还好吧?
-Bella: Yeah, I'm good.
嗯,没事。
Ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated.
uncoordinated: (指人)动作不灵活的,笨手笨脚的
天下雨,水还结冰来添乱。
-Charlie: Yeah. That's why I had some new tires put on the truck.
tire: 轮胎
嗯。所以我给车子换了新轮胎。
Old ones were getting pretty bald.
pretty: 相当地 bald: 秃的
旧胎已经磨损得很严重。
Well, probably be late for dinner.
probably: 大概 head down to:
今晚很可能不回来吃晚饭了。
I gotta head downto Mason County.
head down to: 前往,朝向 Mason County: 梅森郡 county: 郡,县
我要赶到梅森郡。
Security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal.
security guard: 保安人员,守卫 security: 安全 mill: 制造厂
葛里森制造厂的警卫,不知被什么动物咬死了。
-Bella: An animal?
动物?
-Charlie: You're not in Phoenix anymore, Bells.
这儿可不是你以前住的凤凰城,Bells。
Anyway, I figured I'd lend a hand.
anyway: 不管怎样 figure: 认为 lend a hand: [口语]帮忙
不管怎样,我得去帮帮忙。
-Bella: Be careful.
万事小心。
-Charlie: Always am.
我一直很小心。
-Bella: And thanks for the tires.
tires: 轮胎
谢谢帮我换轮胎。
-Charlie: Yeah.
不客气。
-Eric: Prom Committee is a chick thing,
prom: [美国口语](中学生或大学生学年结束时举行的)班级舞会 committee: 委员会 chick thing: 女孩子的事 chick: [俚]少女
舞会委员会是女孩子的事,
but I gotta cover itfor the paper anyway,
cover for: 代替
但我不得不放弃考试去做这个,
and they need a guy to help choose the music, so I need your play list.
play: 播放 list: 表
因为需要一个男孩来帮忙选音乐,所以我想知道你喜欢听什么。
Hey, listen, I was wondering, did you have a date to...
wonder: 想知道 have a date: [口语](与某人)有约会
嘿,听着,不知你是否有伴儿……
-Mike: What's up, Arizona? Huh?
还好吧,亚利桑那女孩,啊?
How you liking the rain, girl?
喜欢下雨吗,小姐?
Better get used to it, girl.
get used to: 弄惯(习惯)
最好赶快习惯这种天气呦,小姐。
-Eric: Yeah, Mike, hey, you're real cute, man.
Mike,嗨,你真可爱。
-Mike: Oh, I know...
我知道……
-Eric: That was really awesome.
awesome: [美国俚语]非凡的,棒极的
那真的很棒。
Why you shooting down my game? Let a pl

aya play.
shoot down:击毙,【放弃】
为什么不来参加我的比赛?大家乐一乐嘛。
-Mike: Yeah, okay. What you playing at, T-Ball?
play at: 玩(游戏),打(球等),参加(比赛) T-ball: 【儿童棒球】
好的,要打什么比赛。安全棒球?
-Edward: Hello. I'm sorry, I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week.
chance: 机会 introduce: 介绍
你好。我很抱歉,上星期没机会自我介绍。
I'm Edward Cullen. You're Bella?
我叫Edward Cullen。你叫Bella?
-Bella: Yes.
是的。
-Molina: Onion root tip cells, that's what's on your slides right now.
onion: 洋葱 root tip: 根尖 root: 根 tip: 顶,尖端 cell: 细胞 slide: (显微镜的)载片
洋葱根尖细胞,这就是载片上的东西。
Okay? So, separate and label them into the phases of mitosis,
separate: 区分 label: 贴标签于,分类 phase: 阶段 mitosis: [生物学]有丝分裂
懂吗?按细胞分裂阶段将它们进行区分、标识,
and the first partners that get it right are gonna win the Golden Onion.
partner: 搭档,伙伴 golden: 金的
第一个完成任务的小组会获得金洋葱奖哟。
-Boy: All right, good.
好的,开始吧。
-Edward: Ladies first.
女士优先。
-Bella: You were gone.
你好多天都没来。
-Edward: Yeah. I was out of town for a couple of days.
a couple of: [口语]少数的,几个
是的。我去外地呆了几天。
Personal reasons.
personal: 私人的
办点私事。
-Bella: Prophase.
prophase: [细胞生物学](细胞有丝分裂的)前期,初期,早期
分裂前期。
-Edward: Do you mind if I look?
mind: 介意
介意我再看下吗?
It's prophase.
是前期。
-Bella: Like I said.
正如我所说。
-Edward: So are you enjoying the rain?
你喜欢雨吗?
What?
怎么了?
-Bella: You're asking me about the weather?
你问我有关天气的事?
-Edward: Yeah, I... I guess I am.
嗯,我……是的。
-Bella: Well, I don't really like the rain.
wet: 湿的
我不太喜欢雨天。
Any cold, wet thing, I don't really...
任何太冷,太湿的事,我都不太喜……
What?
怎么了?
-Edward: Nothing.
没什么。
It's anaphase.
anaphase: [生物学](细胞分裂的)后期
是分裂后期。
-Bella: You mind if I check?
check: 核对
介意我确认下吗?
-Edward: Sure.
看吧。
-Bella: Anaphase.
后期。
-Edward: Like I said.
正如我所说。
If you hate the cold and the rain so much,
如果你这么讨厌寒冷,雨天,
why'd you move to the wettest place in the continental US?
continental: 大陆的
你干嘛还搬到美国最潮湿多雨的地方啊?
-Bella: It's complicated.
complicated: 复杂的
说来话长。
-Edward: I'm sure I can keep up.
keep up: 保持
我会耐心听的。
-Bella: My mom remarried, and...
remarried: 使再婚,再婚
我妈妈再婚……
-Edward: So you don't like the guy, or...
这么说你

不喜欢那位新爸爸……
-Bella: No, that's not... Phil's really nice.
不,不是因为这个……Phil人很好。
-Edward: It's metaphase. You want to check it?
metaphase: [细胞生物学](细胞核分裂的)中期
分裂中期,你要确认下吗?
-Bella: I believe you.
我相信你。
-Edward: Why didn't you move with your mother and Phil?
你为何不和你妈,Phil一起住?
-Bella: Well, Phil's a minor league baseball player, and he travels a lot,
minor league: [美]小职业球队联盟 baseball: 棒球
呃,Phil是小职业球队联盟的棒球运动员,他经常外出,
and my mom stayed home with me, but I knew it made her unhappy,
我妈不得不在家陪我,但我知道她并不开心,
so I figured I'd stay with my dad for a while.
figure: 认为 stay with: 和……住在一起
所以我觉得我最好和爸爸住一阵子。
-Edward: And now you're unhappy.
但现在你却不开心了。
-Bella: No.
没有。
-Edward: I'm sorry, I'm just... I'm just trying to figure you out.
figure out: [主美国口语]弄清,理解
对不起我只是……我只想搞懂你是怎样的人。
You're very difficult for me to read.
read: 读懂
你很难读懂。
-Bella: Hey, did you get contacts?
contacts: (=contact lenses)隐形眼镜
嘿,你戴隐形眼镜了吗?
-Edward: No.
没有。
-Bella: Your eyes were black the last time l saw you, and now they're, like, golden brown.
上次我见你时,你的眼睛是黑色的,现在却是金褐色的。
-Edward: Yeah, I know, it's the... It's the fluorescents.
fluorescent: 荧光灯,日光灯
嗯,我知道,是因为……是因为荧光灯。
-All: Bella!
Bella!
Bella!
Bella!
-Girl: Dial 911!
dial: [美国英语]拨(电话号码)
快打911!
-Boy: I already called. They're gonna send somebody over soon.
send over: 发送,遣送
我已打了。他们很快派人来。
-Tyler: Bella, I'm so sorry. I panicked.
panic: 使恐慌;使惊慌
Bella,对不起。我吓傻了。
-Girl: Bella, I've got 911 on the phone now.
Bella,我已打通911了。
-Charlie: Bella. You okay? You and I are gonna talk. You all right?
Bella,你没事吧?我要跟你好好谈谈,你没事吧?
-Bella: I'm fine, Dad. Calm down.
calm down: 平静下来(镇定下来)
我没事,爸爸。保持冷静。
-Tyler: I'm sorry, Bella. I tried to stop.
对不起,Bella。我已经踩刹车了。
-Bella: I know. It's okay.
我懂。没事的。
-Charlie: No. It sure as hell is not okay.
as hell: [口语]很,非常,极其
不,他肯定不会没事的。
-Bella: Dad, it wasn't his fault.
fault: 过失,错误
爸,不是他的错。
-Charlie: You could've been killed.
你差点死掉。
You understand that?
明白吗?
-Bella: Yes. But I wasn't, so...
我知道。但我没死,所以……
-Charlie: You can kiss your license goodbye.
kiss goodbye: 吻别 license: 执照
你等着驾照被吊

销吧。
-Carlisle: I heard the chief's daughter was here.
听说警长的女儿在这。
-Charlie: Dr. Cullen.
Cullen医生
-Carlisle: Charlie.
Charlie。
I've got this one, Jackie.
交给我吧,Jackie。
Isabella. Bella.
Isabella。Bella。
Well, Bella, looks like you took quite a spill.
spill: [口语]摔落,跌下
好的,贝拉,看来摔得不轻啊。
How do you feel?
你感觉怎样?
-Bella: Good.
还好。
-Carlisle: Look here.
看这。
You might experience some post-traumatic stress or disorientation,
experience: 感受;遭受,经受 post-traumatic: 创(外)伤后的 stress: 压力 disorientation: [精神病学]迷向,定向障碍
很可能会出现创伤后压力症,或定向力障碍症,
but your vitals look good.
vital: 要害
但没伤到要害。
No signs of any head trauma. I think you'll be just fine.
sign: 迹象 head trauma: 头部创伤
也无任何脑损伤。很快会没事的。
-Tyler: I'm so sorry, Bella. I'm really...
对不起,Bella。我……
-Bella: You know, it would've been a whole lot worse if Edward wasn't there.
多亏Edward在那,要不然……
He knocked me out of the way.
knock something out of: 迫使某物放弃或离开
他保护我免受撞击。
-Charlie: Edward? Your boy?
Edward?你儿子?
-Bella: Yeah, it was amazing.
amazing: 令人惊异的
太不可思议了。
I mean, he got to me so fast.
我是说,他那么快就来到我身边。
He was nowhere near me.
但他当时离我好远。
-Carlisle: Sounds like you were very lucky.
听起来,你确实很走运。
Charlie.
Charlie。
-Charlie: I gotta go sign some paperwork.
sign: 签 paperwork: 文书工作
还有些东西要我签字。
You should... You should probably call your mom.
你应该……或许你应该给你妈打个电话。
-Bella: Did you tell her?
你告诉她了?
She's probably just freaking out.
freak out: 吓坏了
她现在肯定吓死了。
-Rosalie: ... fifteen kids that saw what happened.
……15个孩子都看到了。
-Edward: What was I supposed to do, then?
be supposed to: 应该
我又能怎么办?
Let her die?
眼睁睁看她被撞死?
-Rosalie: This isn't just about you. It's about all of us.
这不只关系到你,关系到我们每个人。
-Carlisle: I think we should take this in my office.
回我办公室再说吧。
-Bella: Can I talk to you for a minute?
能和你谈下吗?
-Carlisle: Rosalie.
Rosalie。
-Edward: What?
干嘛?
-Bella: How did you get over to me so fast?
get over: (使)走完(一段路程)
你怎么能那么快就跑到我身边?
-Edward: I was standing right next to you, Bella.
我就站在你身边,Bella。
-Bella: No. You were next to your car, across the lot.
across: 穿过
不。你在你车旁边,在停车场的对面。
-Edward: No, I wasn't.
不,我没有。
-Bella: Yes, you were.
不,你有。
-Edward: Bella, you're...
Bella,你……

You hit your head.
hit: 碰撞
你撞到头。
I think you're confused.
confused: 神志不清的
我猜你有点撞糊涂了。
-Bella: I know what I saw.
我知道我看到了什么。
-Edward: And what exactly was that?
exactly: 确切地
那你到底看到了什么?
-Bella: You... You stopped the van.
van: [口语]面包车
你……你把车停了下来。
You pushed it away with your hand.
push away: 推开
你用手就把它推开了。
-Edward: Well, nobody's gonna believe you, so...
没人会相信这些话的,所以……
-Bella: I wasn't gonna tell anybody.
我不会告诉任何人的。
I just need to know the truth.
我只想知道真相。
-Edward: Can't you just thank me and get over it?
get over: 忘却
难道你不能说声谢谢,然后忘了这件事?
-Bella: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Edward: You're not gonna let this go, are you?
let go: 松手;忽略
你不会就此罢手的,是吧?
-Bella: No.
不会。
-Edward: Well, then I hope you enjoy disappointment.
disappointment: 失望
那好吧,反正你最终还是会一无所获。
-Bella: And that was the first night I dreamt of Edward Cullen.
dreamt: dream的过去式
那晚我第一次梦到了Edward Cullen。
-Molina: I need everybody's permission slips, okay?
permission: 许可 slip: 纸条
我要每个人的上车条,好吗?
Sammy, please collect them.
collect: 收集
Sammy,去收一下
-Sammy: Yeah.
好的。
-Molina: Guys, let's go. Come on, get in. In. Let's go!
同学们,快点。快点,上车。上车!
-Mike: Look at you, huh? You're alive.
alive: 活着的
瞧瞧你呦,还活着嘛。
-Bella: I know, yeah. False alarm, I guess.
false alarm: 一场虚惊
我知道。虚惊一场。
-Mike: Yeah.
是啊。
Now, I wanted to ask you, you know, if, you know, it's like a month away, but...
away: 距
我想问问你,你也知道,虽说还有一个月,但……
Do you wanna go to prom with me?
prom: 正式舞会
能和我一起参加高校舞会吗?
So, what do you think?
呃,你觉得怎样?
-Bella: About what?
什么啊?
-Mike: Do you want to go?
你会去吗?
To prom?
舞会?
With me?
和我一起?
-Bella: I...
我……
Prom.
舞会。
Dancing.
跳舞。
Not such a good idea for me.
对我来说不太适合。
I have something that weekend anyway.
但不管怎样我那周末还有别的事。
I'm going to Jacksonville that weekend.
Jacksonville: 杰克逊维尔市
那周末我要去杰克逊维尔市。
-Mike: You can't go another weekend?
不能别的时间去吗?
-Bella: Non-refundable ticket.
non-refundable: 不可退款的 refundable: 可退费的,可偿还的
车票不能退啊。
You should ask Jessica.
你应该邀请Jessica。
I know she wants to go with you.
我知道她想和你一起去。
-Mike: All right. All right.
好吧。好吧。
-Molina: Yo, yo, yo. Hey, guys, come on.
嘿嘿嘿,你们,快点来啊。
We

gotta go. We gotta go. Green is what? Good.
我们要出发了。“绿色”代表什么?代表着好啊。
Let's go. Guys, come on.
快啊。走了。
Other bus, other bus. Let's go.
坐另一辆车,另一辆车,快啊。
-Molina: Egg shells, carrot tops.
shell: 壳 carrot: 胡萝卜
鸡蛋壳,胡萝卜头。
Compost is cool. Now, stuff that in there, Eric.
compost: 混合肥料 stuff: 填满,塞满
混合肥料超棒的。Eric,把这杯子装满
-Eric: Yes, sir. Yes, sir.
好的,老师。
-Molina: Very good, very good.
很好很好。
Now, I am gonna make a steaming cup of compost tea. Okay.
steaming: 冒蒸汽的;冒水气的 compost: 混合肥料
现在呢,我要弄杯刚出炉的混合肥料茶。好啊。
-Tyler: Give me that.
给我。
-Molina: Yeah. This is recycling in its most basic form, guys.
recycling: 回收利用 basic: 基本的 form: 形式
这是最简单的循环再利用,同学们。
Don't drink it! It's for the plants.
别喝!那是浇水用的。
-Edward: What's in Jacksonville?
去杰克逊维尔市干嘛?
-Bella: How did you know about that?
你怎么知道我要去那?
-Edward: You didn't answer my question.
你还没回答我的问题。
-Bella: You don't answer any of mine, so...
你也没回答过我的问题,所以……
I mean, you don't even say hi to me.
我是说,你甚至连个招呼都没打。
-Edward: Hi.
嗨。
-Bella: Are you gonna tell me how you stopped the van?
要告诉我你是如何让车停下来的吗?
-Edward: Yeah. I had an adrenaline rush.
adrenaline: 肾上腺素 rush: 冲;急速流动;极度兴奋,激动
嗯。我有肾上腺突发症。
It's very common. You can Google it.
common: 常见的 Google: 著名搜索引擎
很常见的病。你可以上网搜搜看。
-Bella: Floridians.
Floridians: 佛罗里达州人【佛罗里达人队,它是当年代表迈密征战ABA的球队。它于1968年建立,在ABA创造了属于自己的那段短暂的橙色年代。】
看球赛。
That's what's in Jacksonville.
这就是我为何要去那。
-Edward: Can you at least watch where you walk?
at least: 至少
你至少走路要小心嘛。
Look, I'm sorry I'm being rude all the time.
rude: 粗鲁的,无礼的
听着,一直以来我都很无礼,我很抱歉。
I just think it's the best way.
只是,我觉得那样做最好。
-Jessica: Bella! Guess who just asked me to prom.
Bella!猜猜刚才谁邀请我去舞会。
-Bella: Who?
谁啊?
-Jessica: Yeah, I actually totally thought that Mike was gonna ask you.
我原以为Mike会邀请你呢。
It's not gonna be weird, though, right?
weird: 怪异的
我俩一起一点都不奇怪,对吧?
-Bella: No. Zero weirdness.
weirdness: 古怪,离奇
不。一点都不奇怪。
You guys are great together.
你俩在一起很配。
-Jessica: I know, right?
我知道,就是嘛。
-Eric: Tyler...
Tyler……
-Boy: Gross.
gross: [美

国俚语]令人恶心的,令人厌恶的
恶心啊。
-Eric: Bella, look. It's a worm.
worm: 虫,蠕虫
Bella,看啊。是虫子耶。
It's a worm.
虫子。
-Edward: Bella, we shouldn't be friends.
Bella,我们不该是朋友。
-Bella: You really should've figured that out a little earlier.
figure out: [主美国口语]弄清,理解
你早该想到这一点。
I mean, why didn't you just let the van crush me and save yourself all this regret?
regret: 后悔
我是说,你干嘛不让车撞到我,省得你现在后悔?
-Edward: What, you think I regret saving you?
你认为我后悔救了你?
-Bella: I can see that you do. I just... I don't know why.
我能看出来你很后悔。我只是,我只是不知道原因。
-Edward: You don't know anything.
你根本什么都不知道。
-Alice: Hi.
嗨。
Are you gonna be riding with us?
要和我们一起坐吗?
-Edward: No, our bus is full.
不,这辆车满了。
-Charlie: Your mom called. Again.
你妈又打来了。
-Bella: Well, that's your fault.
都怪你。
You shouldn't have told her about the ''almost'' accident.
accident: 事故
你不该告诉她,那个“不是车祸”的车祸。
You finished?
吃完了?
-Charlie: Yeah.
嗯。
Yeah, I suppose you're right. She always did know how to worry.
suppose: 认为
是啊,你说的没错。她总是大惊小怪。
She seems different.
她好像变了。
She seems happy.
听起来她很快乐。
Phil sounds like an all right guy.
Phil听似很不错。
-Bella: Yeah, he is.
是,他人不错。
-Charlie: All right.
好吧。
-Eric: No, you need the mitts. You need them.
mitt: 手套
不,你需要戴手套。你要戴。
-Boy: No, why do you keep arguing with me? You just need them.
argue with: 争论(对...不同意)
不,干嘛老和我吵?你才要戴呢。
-Eric: You're gonna get frostbite!
frostbite: 冻伤,冻疮
你会被冻伤的!
-Boy: I don't even know.
我也不知道。
-Eric: Yeah. Hey!
嗨!
La Push, baby. You in?
La Push: 是印第安人保留地的海岸
拉普什,你来吗?
-Bella: Should I know what that means?
什么意思?
-Mike: La Push Beach down at the Quileute Rez. We're all going tomorrow.
beach: 海滩 rez: 【印第安的保留地】Native American slang for "reservation," as in "on the Indian reservation."[From Urban Dictionary]
库兰特保留区的拉普什海滩。我们明天打算一起去。
-Jessica: Yeah, there's a big swell coming in.
swell: 海涌,滚滚浪潮
可以看到大海潮。
-Eric: And I don't just surf the Internet.
surf: 冲浪
我可不仅会网上冲浪呦。
-Jessica: Eric, you stood up once,
Eric,冲浪时你只站起过一次,
and it was a foam board.
foam: 泡沫 board: 板
用的还是泡沫冲浪板。
-Angela: But there's whale watching, too. Come with us.
whale: 鲸
我们还可以看鲸鱼。一起来嘛。
-Eric: La Push, baby. It's La Push.

普什,宝贝。那可是拉普什。
-Bella: Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that, okay?
好吧,只要你别再那样说,我就去。
-Mike:Seriously, dude. It's creepy, man.
seriously: 认真地,严肃地 creepy: 令人毛骨悚然的
说真的,伙计,那样说话真恶心。
-Eric: What? That's what it's called.
什么?就是那样说的嘛。
-Jessica: So...
所以……
-Edward: Edible art?
edible: 食品,食物
食品艺术?
Bella.
Bella。
-Bella: Thanks.
谢了。
You know, your mood swings are kind of giving me whiplash.
mood swing: 情绪波动 mood: 情绪 swing: 摇摆 whiplash: 鞭打
知道嘛,你的态度忽冷忽热,真的让我很受伤。
-Edward: I only said it'd be better if we weren't friends, not that I didn't wanna be.
我只是说,我们不应该做朋友,并不是说,我不想和你做朋友。
-Bella: What does that mean?
什么意思?
-Edward: It means if you were smart, you'd stay away from me.
smart: 聪明的 stay away from: 离…远点
也就是说,如果你聪明,你就应该远离我。
-Bella: Okay, well, let's say for argument's sake that I'm not smart.
argument: 争辩 sake: 理由
好吧,假设我不聪明。
Would you tell me the truth?
你能告诉我真相吗?
-Edward: No, probably not.
不,不会。
I'd rather hear your theories.
would rather: 宁愿;更喜欢… theory: 想法,意见
我想听听你是怎么想的。
-Bella: I have considered radioactive spiders and Kryptonite.
consider: 认为 radioactive: 放射性的 spider: 蜘蛛 Kryptonite: 超人故事中虚构的一种元素
我猜,受过电磁幅射的蜘蛛侠或超人。
-Edward: That's all superhero stuff, right?
superhero: 超级英雄 stuff: 特质
都是英雄人物,对吧?
What if I'm not the hero? What if I'm the bad guy?
如果我不是英雄?如果我是坏蛋呢?
-Bella: You're not.
你不是。
I can see what you're trying to put off,
put off: 把(某人、要求等)搪塞过去;支吾
我知道你想隐瞒什么,
but I can see that it's just to keep people away from you.
我知道你这样做,只是为了让大家远离你。
It's a mask.
mask: 假面具
只是伪装面具。
Why don't we just hang out?
hang out: 闲逛
我们一起出去玩,怎样?
Everybody's going to the beach.
大家都要去海边。
Come.
来嘛。
I mean, have fun.
have fun: 开心,作乐
我是说,一起开心下。
-Edward: Which beach?
哪个海边?
-Bella: La Push.
拉普什。
-Edward: I don't know.
我不知道能不能去。
I just...
我只是……
-Bella: Is there something wrong with that beach?
那个海滩有什么不对吗?
-Edward: It's just a little crowded.
crowded: 拥挤的
只是人太多而已。
-Tyler: Hey, it's freezing. I'm paddling out, Coates.
freezing: 冰冻的,严寒的 paddle out: 划过去
啊,太冷了。我去喽,Coates。
-Eric: I don't know if it's worth it anymore

.
我真怀疑这样做值不值。
-Jessica: We drove all the way out here.
我们开了半天车才到这。
I'm at least paddling out.
至少我要拍拍水玩。
-Mike: Yeah.
嗯嗯。
She's right.
她说得对。
-Angela: You guys are babies.
你们大男生真娇气。
So, I keep thinking that Eric's gonna ask me to the prom, and then he just doesn't.
我一直认为Eric会邀我去舞会,但他到现在还没邀请我。
-Bella: You should ask him.
你去邀请他嘛。
Take control. You're a strong, independent woman.
take control: 掌握;控制 strong: 坚强的 independent: 独立的
主动点,你那么坚强独立。
-Angela: I am?
真的?
-Bella: Yes.
是的。
-Jessica: Hey, will you do me up?
do up: 拉上(拉链)
帮我拉上好吗?
-Angela: Yeah.
好。
-Jacob: Bella!
Bella!
-Bella: Hi, Jacob.
嗨,Jacob。
Guys, this is Jacob.
大伙,Jacob。
-Jacob: Hey, guys. How you doing?
嗨,大伙,还好吧?
-Jessica: Hi.
嗨。
-Angela: Hi.
嗨。
-Bella: What are you, like, stalking me?
stalk: 悄悄接近(或追踪)(猎物等)
你怎么,跟踪我吗?
-Jacob: You're on my rez, remember?
是你来到我们的地盘,别忘呦。
Are you surfing?
你要冲浪吗?
-Bella: Definitely not.
definitely: 肯定地
绝不。
-Jacob: Thanks.
谢了。
-Jessica: You guys should keep Bella company. Her date bailed.
keep company: 陪伴 company: 同伴 date bail: 【约会不成功后的其他方案】Having a bailout plan when going on a blind date in case he or she is not what you expected and you do not want to spend the entire evening with them. [From Urban Dictionary]
你们要和Bella作伴儿呦。她约的人没来。
-Eric: What date?
约了谁?
-Jessica: She invited Edward.
她邀请了Edward。
-Bella: To be polite, that's it.
polite: 有礼貌的
只是出于礼貌而已。
-Jessica: I think it's nice she invited him.
invite: 邀请
我觉得她邀请他很好啊。
-Angela: Nobody ever does
从没人邀请过他。
-Mike: Yeah, 'cause Cullen's a freak.
freak: 怪人
是啊,因为Cullen是个怪胎。
-Jacob's friend A: You got that right.
你说的没错。
-Bella: You guys know him?
你们认识他吗?
-Jacob's friend B: The Cullens don't come here.
Cullen一家不会到这来的。
-Bella: What did your friends mean about, you know,
你朋友说那句话什么意思,
''The Cullens don't come here?''
“Cullen一家不会到这来的?”
-Jacob: You caught that, huh?
你听出来了?
I'm not really supposed to say anything about it.
这种事我不能乱说的。
-Bella: Hey, I can keep a secret.
keep a secret: 保守秘密
嘿,我会保密的。
-Jacob: Really, it's just like an old scary story.
真的只是一个古老的恐怖传说而已。
-Bella: Well, I want to know.
我想知道。
-Jacob: Okay, did you know Quileutes are supposedly descended from wolves?
Quileute: 奎尔尤特人(住

在美国西北部沿海的一支印第安人) supposedly: 根据推测;据称 descent: 出身,血统
好吧,你知道库兰特部落传说是狼的后裔吗?
-Bella: What? Like, wolves?
什么?狼?
-Jacob: Yeah.
嗯。
-Bella: Like, real wolves?
真的狼?
-Jacob: Well, that's the legend of our tribe.
legend: 传说 tribe: 部落
反正我们部落里是这样传说的。
-Bella: Okay.
好的。
So what's the story about the Cullens?
关于Cullen家有什么故事呢?
-Jacob: Well, they're supposedly descended from this, like, enemy clan.
enemy: 敌人 clan: 氏族,部落
他们是敌对部落的后裔。
My great grandfather, the chief, found them hunting on our land.
great grandfather: 曾祖父 chief: (部落或家族的)族长;酋长 hunt: 狩猎,打猎
我的曾祖父,当时的酋长,发现他们在我们的土地上猎食。
But they claimed to be something different, so we made a treaty with them.
claim: 声称,说明 treaty: 条约,协定
但他们说,他们不是我们想象中的那样,所以我们就和他们立约。
If they promised to stay off Quileute lands,
promise: 允诺 stay off: 不在…处停留,不接近
如果他们答应远离库兰特的土地
then we wouldn't expose what they really were to the palefaces.
expose: 暴露,揭穿 paleface: 白人
我们就不会向那些白种人泄露他们的真实身份
-Bella: I thought they just moved here.
我原以为他们刚搬到这。
-Jacob: Or just moved back.
或者是搬回来。
-Bella: Right.
没错。
-Angela: It touched my hand. A snake! Stop!
touch: 触及,碰到
碰到我的手了。蛇啊!别追我了!
-Bella: Well, what are they really?
那他们到底是什么啊?
-Jacob: It's just a story, Bella.
只是个传说罢了,贝拉。
Come on, let's go.
好啦,走吧。
-Angela: A snake! A snake!
蛇啊!蛇!
-Waylon: “My mama said I didn't know how to make a kitty meow”
meow: 猫叫
“我妈妈说我不知如何哄小猫”
Hello?
有人吗?
Gerald?
是Gerald?
Gerald?
Gerald?
-James: Hello.
你好。
Nice jacket.
你的皮衣不错嘛。
-Waylon: Who are you?
你是谁?
-James: It's always the same inane questions.
inane: 无意义的;愚蠢的
总是这种毫无意义的问题。
''Who are you?''
“你是谁?”
-Victoria: ''What do you want?''
“你想干嘛?”
-James: ''Why are you doing this?''
“为什么要这样?”
-Laurent: James, let's not play with our food.
James,别逗我们的食物了。
-Jessica: He's not here.
他不在这儿。
Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullens disappear.
disappear: 消失
只要天气好,Cullen一家就会消失不见。
-Bella: What, do they just ditch?
ditch: 躲避,躲开
他们躲起来了?
-Jessica: No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for, like, hiking and camping and stuff.
yank: [口语]猛拉,急拉 hiking: 远足 camping: 野营 stuff: 行李

,装备
不是,Cullen父母会带他们出去玩,爬山啦,野营啦。
I tried that out on my parents. Not even close.
close: 同意
我也想让我爸妈带我去,他们从不答应我。
-Angela: Guys, I'm going to the prom with Eric.
姐妹们,我要和Eric一起参加舞会。
I just asked him. I took control.
我刚邀请他的。我主动的。
-Bella: I told you that would happen.
早说过他会答应的。
-Angela: Are you sure you have to go out of town?
你非要那时外出吗?
-Bella: Oh, yeah, it's a little family thing.
嗯,家里的事啊。
-Jessica: Okay, we should go shopping in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out.
clean out: 清光 port: 港口
我们得赶快去安吉利港购物,免得漂亮衣服都卖光了。
-Bella: Port Angeles? You mind if I come?
mind: 介意
安吉利港?我能一起去吗?
-Angela: Yeah, I need your opinion.
opinion: 看法,意见
当然,还要你帮忙选衣服呢。
-Jessica: I like this one.
我喜欢这件。
-Angela: That's cool.
这件不错。
-Jessica: But, like, I don't know about the one-shoulder thing.
shoulder: 肩膀
但,只露一肩膀的衣服,我不太合适吧。
-Angela: I like this one.
我喜欢这件。
-Jessica: Yeah, I like the beading, and you wouldn't need jewelry.
beading: (衣服或手提包上的)串珠或小珠饰 jewelry: 珠宝
嗯,我喜欢上面的小珠珠,这样也就不用戴配饰了。
-Angela: Jess, what do you think? Lavender?
lavender: 淡紫色
Jess,你觉得呢?淡紫色?
Is that good? Is that my color?
好看吗?我穿这颜色好看吗?
-Jessica: I like it.
我喜欢这颜色。
I liked that dusty rose one, too.
dusty: 略带灰色的 rose: 玫瑰红色
我也喜欢那件暗玫红色的。
Okay, I like this one. It makes my boobs look good.
boob: 胸脯
我喜欢这件。这件更突显我的胸部呦。
-Man: Hey.
嗨。
-Jessica: Right?
是吧?
-Man: Nice.
漂亮呦。
-Angela: Oh, God.
噢,天哪。
-Jessica: That is uncomfortable.
uncomfortable: 不舒服的,不自在的
他们怎么这样。
-Angela: That's disgusting.
disgusting: 令人厌恶的
讨厌死了。
-Jessica: Bella, what do you think?
Bella,你觉得呢?
-Bella: Yes?
嗯?
That looks great.
很漂亮啊。
-Jessica: You said that about, like, the last five dresses, though.
试了五件了,你都这样说。
-Bella: I thought they were all pretty good.
pretty: 相当地
我觉得都很漂亮啊。
-Angela: You're not really into this, are you?
be into: 对…深感兴趣
你不喜欢挑衣服,是吗?
-Bella: I actually really just want to go to this bookstore.
bookstore: 书店
事实上,我想去一下书店。
I'll meet you guys at the restaurant?
我们饭店再见吧?
-Jessica: Are you sure?
你确定?
-Bella: Yeah, yeah. I'll see you in a minute.
in a minute: 一会儿
嗯嗯。一会儿见。
-Jessica: Okay

.
好吧。
-Angela: Okay.
好吧。
-Jessica: She's right, though. This looks awesome.
awesome: [美国俚语]顶呱呱的;极好的
她说的没错。这件确实不错。
-Man: There you go.
给你的书。
Have a good night.
晚安。
-Bella: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Boy A: Saw you in the dress store.
在服装店里见过你。
-Boy B: Hey, where you running to?
嘿,你往哪跑?
-Boy A: There she is.
她在这儿呢。
-Boy C: What's up?
怎样?
-Boy A: It's my girI.
小妞。
-Boy C: How you guys doing?
你们还好吗?
-Boy A: Look who we just found.
看看我们找到谁了。
-Boy C: What's up, girI? Hey... Where you going?
怎样,小妞?嘿,你要去哪啊?
-Boy D: Where are you going?
要去哪啊?
-Boy B: Come get a drink with us.
和我们喝一杯嘛。
-Boy D: Yeah, you should hang out with us.
就是,和我们玩玩嘛。
-Boy C: Come on.
来啊。
It's fun.
会很有趣呦。
-Boy D: What's the problem?
怎么啦?
-Boy A: She doesn't like that, man.
她不喜欢这样,伙计。
-Boy C: You're pretty.
你很正点嘛。
-Bella: Don't touch me.
别碰我。
-Boy C: Cute.
cute: [美国口语]漂亮的
漂亮呦。
-Boy A: Really, no. Seriously, you should.
说真的,你应该和我们玩玩。
-Bella: Don't touch me.
别碰我。
-Edward: Get in the car.
进车里去。
-Boy A: That was a very dangerous maneuver.
dangerous maneuver: 【危险动作】 dangerous: 危险的 maneuver: (船、飞机、汽车等的)巧妙操纵
你不想活啦。
-Edward: I should go back there and rip those guys' heads off.
rip: 撕开,扯破
我应该开回去,拧断他们的头。
-Bella: No, you shouldn't.
不,不要这样。
-Edward: You don't know the vile, repulsive things they were thinking.
vile: 恶劣的,卑鄙的 repulsive: 恶心的
你根本不知道他们想的那些卑鄙下流事儿。
-Bella: And you do?
你知道?
-Edward: It's not hard to guess.
很容易猜到。
Can you talk about something else?
说点别的好吗?
Distract me so I won't turn around.
distract: 转移注意力 turn around: 转身,转向
别让我想那些,否则我非开回去不可。
-Bella: You should put your seatbelt on.
seatbelt: 安全带
你应该系上安全带。
-Edward: You should put your seatbelt on.
你才应该系上安全带呢。
-Angela: I thought the salad was pretty good.
salad: 色拉
沙拉很好吃啊。
-Bella: Hey, you guys, I'm sorry. I just...
嗨,姐妹们,抱歉。我……
-Angela: Where were you? We left you messages.
leave message: 留言
你去哪了?我们给你留言了。
-Jessica: Yeah, we waited, but we were, like, starving, so we...
starving: 饥饿的
是啊,我们等啊等,可我们太饿了,所以我们……
-Edward: I'm sorry I kept Bella from dinner.
keep from: 妨碍
抱歉,我耽误Bella吃饭了。
We just sort of ran into each other and got talking.
run in

to: 偶然遇见
我们刚巧碰上,谈了起来。
-Jessica: No.
没关系。
No, we totally understand. I mean, that happens, right?
我们完全理解,我是说,难得碰上嘛。
-Angela: Yeah, we were...
嗯,我们……
-Jessica: We were, yeah, we were just leaving.
我们要走了。
So...
所以……
-Angela: Let's get this...
我们……
-Jessica: Bella, if you wanna...
Bella,你想……
-Edward: I think I should make sure Bella gets something to eat.
我觉得,我必须得让Bella吃点东西。
If you'd like.
如果你愿意的话。
I'll drive you home myself.
我会开车送你回家的。
-Angela: That's so thoughtful.
thoughtful: 体贴的,考虑周到的
真贴心啊。
-Jessica: It's really thoughtful. Yeah.
真贴心。真的。
-Bella: Yeah. I should eat something.
好的。我得吃点东西。
-Angela: Yeah.
是的。
-Bella: Okay, so we'll see you tomorrow.
那好,明天见喽。
-Jessica: Okay, yeah.
好的。
-Angela: See ya.
回见。
-Bella: Okay.
好。
-Waitress: All right, one mushroom ravioli.
mushroom: 蘑菇 ravioli: [单数复数同] 意大利式饺子
好啦,一盘蘑菇小方饺。
-Bella: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Waitress: Yeah, no problem.
不客气。
So are you sure there isn't anything I can get for you?
你确定什么都不要吗?
-Edward: No. No, thank you.
不要了,谢谢。
-Waitress: Let me know.
有需要随时找我。
-Bella: You're really not gonna eat?
你真的不吃?
-Edward: No, I'm on a special diet.
special: 特殊的 on a diet: 吃规定的饮食
不,我吃的饭很特殊。
-Bella: You gotta give me some answers.
你必须得做点解释。
-Edward: Yes, no.
好吧,不是那样。
To get to the other side.
到达停车场的另一边。
1.77245...
1.77245……
-Bella: I don't want to know what the square root of pi is.
square root: 平方根 pi: 圆周率
我可不想知道π的平方根是多少。
-Edward: You knew that?
你早就知道?
-Bella: How did you know where I was?
你怎么知道我在那的?
-Edward: I didn't.
我不知道。
-Bella: All right.
好吧。
-Edward: What?
怎样?
Don't leave. I...
别走。我……
-Bella: Did you follow me?
你跟踪我吗?
-Edward: I...
我……
I feel very protective of you.
protective: (对人)关切保护的
我只是很想保护你。
-Bella: So you followed me.
也就是说你跟踪我。
-Edward: I was trying to keep a distance unless you needed my help,
keep a distance: 保持距离 unless: 除非
我和你保持一段距离,除非你需要我的帮助,
and then I heard what those low-lifes were thinking.
low-life: 不道德的人或坏人
然后,我听到那些小痞子的肮脏想法。
-Bella: Wait.
等下。
You say you heard what they were thinking?
你是说,你听得到他们在想什么?
So what, you...
也就是说,你……
You read minds?
你懂读心术?
-Edward: I can

相关文档
最新文档